PDA

View Full Version : Devin Moran

Moranfan99
06-24-2016, 04:11 PM
I see where Devin said on his facebook page he is not running the firecracker the hell week races or even the lucas show at Portsmouth on the 2nd because he does not have a motor. I think it is such a shame he cannot find a sponsor to provide him with what he needs. He came from the back at the World to finish 7th and didn't cheat. If anyone would like to sponsor someone I think this kid would be great.

Senroc-Systems
06-24-2016, 05:23 PM
My my, how quickly we forget....Devin was caught cheating, at Eldora, and dq'ed just a few short weeks ago.

drano
06-24-2016, 05:33 PM
My my, how quickly we forget....Devin was caught cheating, at Eldora, and dq'ed just a few short weeks ago.

Didn't see where Devin got caught are you sure about that

71PRPFan
06-24-2016, 05:34 PM
he put the wrong tires not, not doped tires.

zyoung25
06-24-2016, 05:43 PM
The release I seen said he lost an engine and the other was lapped out. I wouldn't take a chance on nuking the other either.

He wasnt caught cheating, he put an 06 on the right rear instead a of a lm40. Same tire, just different labeling. Anyone could've made that mistake.

Barbecueboy
06-24-2016, 07:04 PM
The release I seen said he lost an engine and the other was lapped out. I wouldn't take a chance on nuking the other either.

He wasnt caught cheating, he put an 06 on the right rear instead a of a lm40. Same tire, just different labeling. Anyone could've made that mistake.

Whoooooaaaaaaa.......did you say that someone made a mistake on a tire?

Nope , he cheated........just ask almost everybody that has posted in this thread.....they all do.

It's all tongue and cheek zyoung.

Aces&Eights
06-26-2016, 04:04 PM

What does putting the right/wrong tire on have to do with not having an engine?
Nothing, you just wanted to be a douche'.

Nasty55
06-26-2016, 04:13 PM

You Sir are a douche Nozzle!! Devin is probably one of the most honest Racers out there today!! The kid can flat out drive and you wanna come on here and pop off at the mouth with your stupid oh he cheated comment..... My my how quickly you forget what a fukn moron you are!!

dirtdobber45
06-26-2016, 05:29 PM
He is a nice young guy BUT he did have the wrong tire on at Eldora and was DQd and as we all on have said you get dq'd you are cheating. And innocent as it was its the same thing

wfo2007
06-26-2016, 06:12 PM
He is a nice young guy BUT he did have the wrong tire on at Eldora and was DQd and as we all on have said you get dq'd you are cheating. And innocent as it was its the same thing

Very well said. I'm not sure how a driver or team make mistakes like that at the biggest race of the year!

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Very well said. I'm not sure how a driver or team make mistakes like that at the biggest race of the year!

He didn't. It happened at an ALMS show.

Dirt Draggin
06-26-2016, 06:18 PM
I see where Devin said on his facebook page he is not running the firecracker the hell week races or even the lucas show at Portsmouth on the 2nd because he does not have a motor. I think it is such a shame he cannot find a sponsor to provide him with what he needs. He came from the back at the World to finish 7th and didn't cheat. If anyone would like to sponsor someone I think this kid would be great."The Million Dollar Man" should be a good place to start!

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-26-2016, 06:33 PM
"The Million Dollar Man" should be a good place to start!

Donnie ran for quite a few years, with few victories after that.

Aces&Eights
06-27-2016, 07:15 AM

Rule infraction, yes. Cheating implies he was looking for an illegal edge, he wasn't. I think he complied with the intent of the rule, just missed on the letter. He had ZERO performance advantage, just an incorrect label. I wouldn't call that cheating.

cutman
06-27-2016, 07:26 AM
Rule infraction, yes. Cheating implies he was looking for an illegal edge, he wasn't. I think he complied with the intent of the rule, just missed on the letter. He had ZERO performance advantage, just an incorrect label. I wouldn't call that cheating.

Very good and very true post

Moranfan99
06-27-2016, 10:38 AM
WOW guys I did not post this to make it about cheating. I was trying to get someone to notice how talented this Kid is and help him out. I think there are a lot of car owners out there who are missing out on a potential star

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-27-2016, 10:42 AM
WOW guys I did not post this to make it about cheating. I was trying to get someone to notice how talented this Kid is and help him out. I think there are a lot of car owners out there who are missing out on a potential star

I have thought so for several years now. There just aint enough money guys to pay the bills anymore.

Kromulous
06-27-2016, 10:54 AM
Go start a "Go fund me" page for him... that or get your check book out.

Moranfan99
06-27-2016, 11:07 AM
Go start a "Go fund me" page for him... that or get your check book out.

Wish I had that kind of checkbook would do it in a heartbeat

Dante Toledo, OH
06-27-2016, 11:45 AM
He is deserving of a good sponsor. It seems like this happens to him mid season a couple times. As far as the tire thing goes. He owned it. As soon as the race was over he said exactly what he had done said it was his mistake and moved on like a man. He didn't claim some bs like another driver does. The one that has been caught with soaked tires by WoO, UMP, southern all stars, Ray Cook's series, also tried running a window net made out of the same crap that side boards are made out of, light at the scales (also not his fault lol). If you get caught cheating more than Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong combined, you no longer get the benefit of the doubt. If you get caught running the wrong tire and come out and say we made a mistake, we run a lot of Lucas races we put on a Lucas tire by mistake, take your penalty and move on. You get way more respect. Bloomquist earned and deserves his double standard. It's his fault.