PDA

View Full Version : World of outlaws announcer

Rubbinsracin1
06-25-2016, 08:55 PM
You do a good job but dang it please stop yelling you're gonna blow my tv speakers out

plunks7
06-25-2016, 10:11 PM
I thought Sam Kinison passed away? Absolutely Brutal announcer!!!!!!!!!!!

rickybrown1952
06-25-2016, 10:33 PM
I like this guy lot passion and drama

wfo2007
06-25-2016, 11:24 PM
You do a good job but dang it please stop yelling you're gonna blow my tv speakers out

He is terrible. Probably one of the worst I've heard as far as getting his facts straight. He made several dumb mistakes this weekend that every average race fan would know. Big E or Eric from lernerville isn't much better with his interviews after the races but in his defense he does have very big shoes to fill.

dirt33
06-26-2016, 10:10 AM
I like his enthusiasm.

Josh Bayko
06-26-2016, 10:43 AM
He is terrible. Probably one of the worst I've heard as far as getting his facts straight. He made several dumb mistakes this weekend that every average race fan would know. Big E or Eric from lernerville isn't much better with his interviews after the races but in his defense he does have very big shoes to fill.

Big E is the PR guy, and had no prior experience as an announcer. His first announcing gig ever was two races after Dow passed. He's learning on the fly, and it's going pretty decent, in my opinion.

wfo2007
06-26-2016, 10:55 AM
Big E is the PR guy, and had no prior experience as an announcer. His first announcing gig ever was two races after Dow passed. He's learning on the fly, and it's going pretty decent, in my opinion.

Like I said, very big shoes to fill. He'll do fine.

Josh Bayko
06-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Like I said, very big shoes to fill. He'll do fine.

He's just got to get more comfortable in the role.

kidrock
06-26-2016, 11:12 AM
One job that sounds easy until you actually have to step up to the mic.

Cardirt0
06-26-2016, 11:28 AM
My family owned WRTL in Rantoul we use to do the IE ball games on sat, when I was a kid...I said this ant hard too do .. ( That was Stupid ) My Dad gos (I was in the B booth) Play by play by Gary.. 30 sec of dead air time.. Worst part I found out all my friends hear the games .. Long time too live that one down....

kidrock
06-26-2016, 11:32 AM
My family owned WRTL in Rantoul we use to do the IE ball games on sat, when I was a kid...I said this ant hard too do .. ( That was Stupid ) My Dad gos (I was in the B booth) Play by play by Gary.. 30 sec of dead air time.. Worst part I found out all my friends hear the games .. Long time too live that one down....

LoL cardirt !!!!!!!!!

Mud Packer
06-26-2016, 07:45 PM
He doesn't seem to understand that no matter how loud you yell, stupid comments bite you everytime. He was a poor choice in my opinion. Glad that he is no longer in our area so I really don't have to listen to him much anymore.

Snake X3
06-27-2016, 04:40 PM
I believe the problem with his "yelling" isn't that he's louder than anyone else, it's just poor audio. Yes. He's yelling, but that overmodulated sound is what makes it so god awful. I can't even listen to a WoO race anymore because of it and deliberately didn't get the Firecracker on PPV because I didn't want to shell out the cash to watch a race with the sound off. Based on what I heard on the DoD highlights it sounded fine, so maybe they had someone handling the audio there that knew how to deal with the issue.

As far as him not knowing his stuff...well...he's gotten a little better than back during Speedweeks. He's a newb and with that being the case it's hard to call a race at such a fast pace when things aren't second nature. I've heard Bob Dilner make some pretty basic mistakes as well and he's been around the sport a lot longer.

Yes. It's a tough job and lot harder than it seems. It's not Matt's fault he isn't experienced enough to satisfy hardcore fans that intuitively know when he makes basic mistakes; that falls on WoO for hiring him.

I'm sure he's trying his best, sot even though he isn't very good he doesn't deserve to be publicly trashed on the boards regularly. No offense intended to those venting their frustration with the situation. I feel the same way. I just feel bad for the guy. I guess that's just part of the job when you're a public figure.