PDA

View Full Version : Babb and xr1

Kwoods25
06-27-2016, 10:47 AM
Watched the interview from Fals on DoD. Babb was running the club car. And based off interview he didn't sound to happy about the xr1. Hope he gets rolling good again had a slow season so far.

ptown
06-27-2016, 10:56 AM
He's skipping lots of races this year, gotta wonder if the fire is still there.

dirt33
06-27-2016, 11:18 AM
Yeah, that interview was a bit tough to hear. He talked about how many different kinds of cars he has back at home, and sounded like he felt like he was in a blender when it comes to having a clear vision of what to do. Also mentioned that the gear that failed was in a rear end that would not have been his choice to have installed in the car if he had built the car himself.

I hope Shannon can just jump in one brand of car and get it dialed in. Man it would be hard to keep jumping from one car to another, hoping to find speed...

Kwoods25
06-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Yeah he said Lanigan put that car together with used parts. Some guys can jump from one to the next and be good, but alot can't. He said he thinks everyone is talking crap about all this new technology. He had a great year in his older rockets before he went to club 29

hrmotorsports33
06-27-2016, 03:14 PM
I will probably be crucified for saying this BUT, Babb hasn't been nearly as fast since he left Rayburn.

Barbecueboy
06-27-2016, 04:14 PM
Fergy put on a clinic in his rocket at Dublin the last 10 laps........seems to suit him.

slydejob18
06-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Actually, I think it's good to see a little fire from Shannon. That interview makes me feel like he will get it going soon. You can certainly hear the frustration beginning to mount in his voice.

As for the comment about the rear end, that definitely referred to the Club 29. He was fairly strong in the XR1 at Eldora. I think he does like that car. Been plagued by engine problems and sorting these cars out this year. 2 good runs at LaSalle and I believe he would've cashed the check at FALS on Saturday----who knows. Wishing him and the team all the best.

Go 18!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-27-2016, 06:00 PM
Fergy put on a clinic in his rocket at Dublin the last 10 laps........seems to suit him.

Thats cuz his dad has finally figured out the set up for the xr1per chris style.
Was the same way w the longhorn that had new updates on it. Hes a pretty sharp guy and knows his stuff to make chris roll

Barbecueboy
06-27-2016, 06:14 PM
Well he had it on kill Saturday night the last 10.......good people.

tsand
06-27-2016, 06:14 PM
Chris dad said after the race it was all chris. The adatude of the car was still not right but chris just got up on the wheel and drove the wheels off the car.

Kwoods25
06-27-2016, 06:37 PM
Ferguson has always been fast, even in the warrior's he was fast. He just has all the bad luck. Glad to see him run good the last couple years.. I'm sure Babb will get it figured out

zyoung25
06-27-2016, 07:04 PM
I don't think Darrell put the car together with used parts. Babb was saying Darrell used parts he himself didn't typically use.

It's the same car he won the topless with last year.

Highside Hustler25
06-27-2016, 08:07 PM
I don't think Darrell put the car together with used parts. Babb was saying Darrell used parts he himself didn't typically use.

That's the way I heard it Z. Babb said it wasn't the brand He would have chosen. Nothing about being used. That statement was also made in the heat of the moment.

Harper00HFan
06-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Babb was always bad fast in that Rayburn same as Don Oneal

kidrock
06-27-2016, 08:49 PM
That's the way I heard it Z. Babb said it wasn't the brand He would have chosen. Nothing about being used. That statement was also made in the heat of the moment.

Yeah I don't remember him saying they were used parts just the parts Darrell put on the car.

Barbecueboy
06-27-2016, 08:51 PM

Funny stuff.....

Highside Hustler25
06-27-2016, 09:41 PM

Yes they were. With Moyer and Babb and Erb behind the wheel, Rayburns surely have won more Hell Tour races than any other chassis by a long shot.

Kwoods25
06-28-2016, 05:35 AM
Yeah just watched it over. "Darrell put his components on, not my choice or what I would run"

rayburnracer18
06-28-2016, 08:33 AM
I will probably be crucified for saying this BUT, Babb hasn't been nearly as fast since he left Rayburn.

I agree 100%

mll8pt
06-30-2016, 08:31 AM

was thinking same thing

Bumpandrun
06-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Does Shannon own his own equipment, or is it owned by someone else? You wonder if he will be like Brady Smith and Brian Birkhofer, and walk away from racing. I hope not, enjoy watching Shannon race.

gumby_32d
06-30-2016, 05:06 PM
I could be wrong,but I think Ed petroff helps with the chassis and hauler and someone else helps with the engine costs

Highside Hustler25
06-30-2016, 05:41 PM
I could be wrong,but I think Ed petroff helps with the chassis and hauler and someone else helps with the engine costs

You are correct. On numerous occasions I've heard Shannon say Ed bought this or that. I think Ed helps Shannon out a whole lot.

slydejob18
07-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Bumpandrun -- Don't think he's headed the way of Birkhofer and Smith. But, you never know. And yes, it's Shannon's team.

But as Highside said, Petroff is his major sponsor. That all started when Moyer, Babb and O'neal were The Petroff Posse. When Shannon left Moyer's team, after a year with Clint Bowyer, Petroff stepped back in when he formed his own operation. Donley does some significant things for the team as well, as do several others. It's what you gotta have these days.

Hope the luck turns around soon for SBR.

Go 18!!

Aces&Eights
07-04-2016, 03:52 PM

I feel the exact same way. Schleiper had the same issue Post-Rayburn. It's just the truth.

Ditto and Erb as well.

Barbecueboy
07-04-2016, 06:56 PM
whatever the case ( and I've seen them race a lot ), that sh!t from fergy at Dublin was absolutely ridiculous from where I was standing......dude was doing some driving.

t4g2
07-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Ya I'd love to see Babb back to his ways but I've never liked him in rockets at all after Rayburn his next best was victory circle by Moyer but he has it up for sale. Also his best days is when jay hunt was turning the wrenches an not sure whatever happened with him. I been a long time fan started back in his modified days when he first started.

kidrock
07-04-2016, 07:20 PM
I think some of is he's just not racing as much as he used to and he has switch to many chassis to find one he likes that fits his driving style. Plus he has had some bad luck so far this year.

Aces&Eights
07-04-2016, 10:22 PM
You can mark the change from when he moved to CBR and drove those rockets, hasn't been the same since. He did win the SN title in 2014, but not through wins like before. To me the best Rayburns were 02'-04', but that's my opinion and I've never seen anything dig off the corner like a Rayburn Swingarm, nothing.

plunks7
07-04-2016, 10:35 PM
You can mark the change from when he moved to CBR and drove those rockets, hasn't been the same since. He did win the SN title last year, but not through wins like before. To me the best Rayburns were 02'-04', but that's my opinion and I've never seen anything dig off the corner like a Rayburn Swingarm, nothing.

I thought Pierce Won it last year.

kidrock
07-04-2016, 11:19 PM
I thought Pierce Won it last year.

He did and I think Babb won it 2 years ago

plunks7
07-05-2016, 10:40 PM
He did and I think Babb won it 2 years ago

kidrock-- I see he changed the dates to correct himself.

highgroove
07-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Seems like since he and his wife had the new child last summer, he's kinda been distracted ..
Just Sayin..

Barbecueboy
07-06-2016, 02:51 PM
Seems like since he and his wife had the new child last summer, he's kinda been distracted ..
Just Sayin..

Anyone with new kids won't find that hard to believe..........priorities change when younguns come into the world.

Aces&Eights
07-06-2016, 03:17 PM

That's what the edit feature is for. I had date wrong by a year so I corrected it. Yep.

Aces&Eights
07-07-2016, 08:39 PM
Anybody know what brand of rear comes in the Discomobiles?

Josh Bayko
07-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Anybody know what brand of rear comes in the Discomobiles?

I believe they come with Winters rears, but I imagine you could probably get a Frankland or Bulldog rear with one if you wanted it.

Aces&Eights
07-08-2016, 04:38 AM
I believe they come with Winters rears, but I imagine you could probably get a Frankland or Bulldog rear with one if you wanted it.

I don't think you can get what you want. The whole Disco concept is to purchase complete car with the parts DL recommends under the car, hence the "club". Now if you go BD instead you probably can get what you want.

kidrock
07-08-2016, 06:50 AM

Yeah I was sure Pierce won it last year.

Josh Bayko
07-08-2016, 07:45 AM
I don't think you can get what you want. The whole Disco concept is to purchase complete car with the parts DL recommends under the car, hence the "club". Now if you go BD instead you probably can get what you want.

Lanigan runs Winters.

blncfn57
07-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Ronnie is a big advocate for the Tiger rear end, but I have noticed multiple brands when looking at his used cars. The Club 29 cars I have seen for sale are listed with Frankland rear ends. So it seems they use multiple brands. Kinda like the chassis themselves, some are rocket style, some are longhorn style and I believe there is, at least, one more style of them being made.

slmcrewchief99
07-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Blncfn57, when you order a car from Ronnie, you can spec the car out with what brand of components you want. Rearend, tranny, shocks, seat, etc. Granted, he has his brands he would rather use but the buyer has a voice too because it's their money.

Aces&Eights
07-08-2016, 01:50 PM
Blncfn57, when you order a car from Ronnie, you can spec the car out with what brand of components you want. Rearend, tranny, shocks, seat, etc. Granted, he has his brands he would rather use but the buyer has a voice too because it's their money.

Exactly and when you buy Club, you run what he wants to put on the car.

D. Tidrow
07-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Exactly and when you buy Club, you run what he wants to put on the car.Do you work for him?