PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Series

BTExpress
06-27-2016, 04:54 PM
I am curious to see how many Ultimate series regulars will travel back north this weekend to Winchester & Potomac for the rescheduled Colonial Clash races without the lore of the $20,000 to win race at VMS? They only had a handful at Georgetown last month, but that was on a Thursday.

flagone
06-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Everyone that was at Georgetown will be up this weekend as well. To be honest very few regional series that have a year long schedule enjoy a significant amount of full time followers. We are fortunate to have those that we have on a regular basis. The concept of the regional tour is a hand full of followers plus the regional / area / locals. For instance the Summer Nationals Tour will end up with only a few drivers that have perfect attendance but their car counts are generally strong except when they go to an area with few locals. Sort of the same deal here. The allure of a regional tour for the regional / locals is a fixed set of rules and purses. That along with the ability to travel within a reasonable distance to race for that good purse.

I wish we could have the budget to pay travel money like Lucas and WoO but as we have been seeing recently even that isn't enough sometimes. If I could hit one of those big Powerball deals we could sure make a go at it.

Meanwhile I expect a great field at both shows this weekend and we are looking forward to getting to both tracks for the first time. Lots of great drivers and fans in the area.

Barbecueboy
06-27-2016, 08:46 PM
The Ultimates are a regional series run on a national level............don't really think I've been to a bad one,ever.

They should pull a bunch of good cars from that region to go with their regulars.

bonz45
06-28-2016, 05:52 AM
Is the Colonial points still a go even though the races are spread out over a few months? That alone should help with the travel. Should be a fantastic weekend

flagone
06-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Yes the Colonial Clash points are still going to be paid out

Barbecueboy
06-28-2016, 10:49 AM
The ultimate dublin race is on dod.......great watch especially after seeing it live.

No Tommy Tedder on the call though, he ok?

Snake X3
06-28-2016, 02:00 PM
I'm curious why Casey Roberts didn't run Dublin. I figure he must not be chasing the points now...which sucks.

Barbecueboy
06-28-2016, 02:15 PM
I'm curious why Casey Roberts didn't run Dublin. I figure he must not be chasing the points now...which sucks.

I think the shakey weather hindered a few folks plans to come............

flagone
06-28-2016, 02:26 PM
Casey was at Daytona on vacation with his family.

Snake X3
06-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the info. :)

jlacey
06-28-2016, 10:12 PM
I plan on going to atleast Potomac if not both. As a fan of Casey and Fergy id love to see them racing at my home track