PDA

View Full Version : Interim Drivers for the Suspended Drivers?

AndyB
06-30-2016, 01:51 AM
Just a thought but with Jimmy and Scott being suspended from some big money races, and this is how these two drivers make their living, wouldn't it be in their best financial interest to put a up and coming driver in the car to go after the money. Maybe a guy like Chris Ferguson could finish in the money and make the best of a bad situation for these two teams. Who are some other drivers in yalls opinion would deserve a shot fro these races?

MBR Performance
06-30-2016, 05:19 AM
They have the Lucas series which I'm sure will keep them busy by looking at the schedule. Plus after last weekend I don't think Bloomquist will need to sign up for welfare anytime soon.

huskerdirt
06-30-2016, 05:26 AM
Realistically, you would want to put someone in the car that can win those big shows. Otherwise the payoff isn't worth the effort to do it. No offense intended to anybody else out there wheeling a late model. There isn't one other driver that can climb into the 0 or the 20 and have a decent shot to win the World, USA Nats, or PDC.

Dante Toledo, OH
06-30-2016, 08:13 AM
Realistically, you would want to put someone in the car that can win those big shows. Otherwise the payoff isn't worth the effort to do it. No offense intended to anybody else out there wheeling a late model. There isn't one other driver that can climb into the 0 or the 20 and have a decent shot to win the World, USA Nats, or PDC.Matt Miller

plunks7
06-30-2016, 10:53 AM
matt miller

no ..........

chupp n bloomer fan
06-30-2016, 11:05 AM
Matt MillerEldora, I'm with ya. The other tracks not really, but at Eldora I would honestly do it. He is very good there.

MEE
06-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Eddie Carrier ??? lost his ride,might be a thought!!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2016, 12:14 PM
No one is going to drive Scott Bloomquists car as well as him. Nor would he want an outsider that close to his car 24/7.

wfo2007
06-30-2016, 12:26 PM
Eddie Carrier ??? lost his ride,might be a thought!!!!

I could see him running Owens car.

bleedsbluer2
06-30-2016, 12:32 PM
The best name outhere would be blankenship

Bumpandrun
06-30-2016, 12:38 PM
They aren't going to put someone in the #0 or the #20. If someone would happen to win in their cars, they would never hear the end of it. And I think their ego wouldn't allow that to happen. JMO

waaac77
06-30-2016, 12:39 PM
Brian Birkhofer!?

Bumpandrun
06-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Brian Birkhofer!?

Birky is retired. He has no desire to race again. His part time schedule didn't go as planned this year. The fire in the belly has burned out. Which sucks, as I was a Birky fan.

muddy mike
06-30-2016, 01:05 PM
bloomer said in an interview years ago that if he had to pick somebody to drive his car he would pick Shannon Babb

Loopy
06-30-2016, 01:37 PM
As dumb as this might sound why wouldn't Bloomquist put Brady Smith in his car for Cedar Lake?? There isn't anyone available that knows the track better than him and he and Scott had a decent relationship up till Brady retired from racing.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-30-2016, 02:04 PM
The best name outhere would be blankenshipI don't think he's the best choice for any of them tracks. He had that little flash where they supposedly made a BloomRocket and then that was that.

Eldora-Matt Miller or Eddie

Other tracks I'm not familiar with anyone who would be a good choice.

Birky is done, he doesn't want to race anymore. He'd be the first choice.

Hazelbaker
06-30-2016, 02:12 PM
Chris Ferguson doesn't need a ride from these guys. He runs with them regularly and beats them his fair share of the time.

zach51
06-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Bloomer and Owens (if allowed) should bring their t-shirt trailers and leave the cars at home. They'd sell more merch than ever before, even come up with some clever new shirts before the World I would imagine.

b1eagle
06-30-2016, 02:18 PM
Why would these drivers want to support a group that wants rid of them.The tracks and the fans are the losers here.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-30-2016, 02:18 PM
Bloomer shouldnt be able to run as he is car owner also right?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Bloomer and Owens (if allowed) should bring their t-shirt trailers and leave the cars at home. They'd sell more merch than ever before, even come up with some clever new shirts before the World I would imagine.

Good idea. May be a fab 5 t shirt?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-30-2016, 02:21 PM
Chris Ferguson doesn't need a ride from these guys. He runs with them regularly and beats them his fair share of the time.

Thats right!!!

chupp n bloomer fan
06-30-2016, 02:21 PM
Chris Ferguson doesn't need a ride from these guys. He runs with them regularly and beats them his fair share of the time.But he openly says it's hard for him to travel. Not that he can't compete, just the cost of traveling a lot.

Cast-Iron-Junkie
06-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Wow.....come on guys! I'm disappointed . Everyone who comments here go to local and regional shows. You know who the good young and under funded guys are. There is great drivers... not good but great drivers all over this great Nation of ours. We all just witnessed it at the Dream with Ricky Thorton Jr.. I'm just gonna throw out a few names out there Dustin Linville , Rusty Schlenk, Devin Gilpin, Tyler Carpenter, Robbie Hensley ,McKay Wenger, Dona Marcoullier , Doug Drown.
There's more , but for now, mull that over, and make your case for or against .
I'll make mine later.....enjoy!

plunks7
06-30-2016, 05:41 PM
As dumb as this might sound why wouldn't Bloomquist put Brady Smith in his car for Cedar Lake?? There isn't anyone available that knows the track better than him and he and Scott had a decent relationship up till Brady retired from racing.

Oh yes their is Darrell Nelson.

MI Dirt Fan
06-30-2016, 06:22 PM
Wow.....come on guys! I'm disappointed . Everyone who comments here go to local and regional shows. You know who the good young and under funded guys are. There is great drivers... not good but great drivers all over this great Nation of ours. We all just witnessed it at the Dream with Ricky Thorton Jr.. I'm just gonna throw out a few names out there Dustin Linville , Rusty Schlenk, Devin Gilpin, Tyler Carpenter, Robbie Hensley ,McKay Wenger, Dona Marcoullier , Doug Drown.
There's more , but for now, mull that over, and make your case for or against .
I'll make mine later.....enjoy!
Dona has a pretty good car now. He could run top 10 in WoO or Lucas. Not sure if he is racing it this year but last year he had an exact copy of the Rocket house car.

RocketChassis#1
06-30-2016, 09:12 PM

I could see Tony taking their money for the trailer spaces.

plunks7
06-30-2016, 09:41 PM
I could see WOO, UMP and WRG finding something on a Lucas OIL Car if one were to Win!!!!!!

lw82
06-30-2016, 09:53 PM
I could see WOO, UMP and ARG finding something on a Lucas OIL Car if one were to Win!!!!!!

if Zero was gonna put anyone in his car it would be Tyler Redd1ck. No quesstion

plunks7
06-30-2016, 10:26 PM
if Zero was gonna put anyone in his car it would be Tyler Redd1ck. No quesstion

Now that is a very good answer and also very realistic!!!! Great knowledge lw82

Dante Toledo, OH
07-01-2016, 07:34 AM
I could see WOO, UMP and WRG finding something on a Lucas OIL Car if one were to Win!!!!!!A Lucas car did win the race. His tires were legal. Owens and Bloomquist cheat that's why they are suspended, they got caught AGAIN! It has nothing to do with what series they run.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-01-2016, 07:45 AM
A Lucas car did win the race. His tires were legal. Owens and Bloomquist cheat that's why they are suspended, they got caught AGAIN! It has nothing to do with what series they run.It has a lot to do with the series. You contradicted yourself with your own statement. You said Owens and Bloomer cheat, it's why they are suspended. Correct, they got busted. So why haven't they ever been nailed by Lucas?

clayman2
07-01-2016, 07:50 AM
because they only juiced enuf tires for Eldora they don't juice the lucas tires !!

TS FAN
07-01-2016, 03:42 PM
I think there could be something at the World 100. Especially Bloomer. Maybe not in his car, but he may have someone in another car of his or some kind of presence. Just like him to put someone in one of his cars and have them win. Then he could get the last laugh. Or even two different cars of his.

formercrewguy
07-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Bloomer would need a driver that also has a degree in chemistry....

MI Dirt Fan
07-01-2016, 04:53 PM
I think there could be something at the World 100. Especially Bloomer. Maybe not in his car, but he may have someone in another car of his or some kind of presence. Just like him to put someone in one of his cars and have them win. Then he could get the last laugh. Or even two different cars of his.

I think Bloomer pretty much got the last laugh at the Fire cracker last week. Went in and beat them WoO guys during the appeal.

TS FAN
07-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Bloomer would need a driver that also has a degree in chemistry....

Now that is funny, good one.

old fan
07-02-2016, 11:43 AM
I could see WOO, UMP and WRG finding something on a Lucas OIL Car if one were to Win!!!!!!a lucas car did win and they didn't find anything I sure he was checked for a 100k

old fan
07-02-2016, 11:44 AM
I think Bloomer pretty much got the last laugh at the Fire cracker last week. Went in and beat them WoO guys during the appeal.but he can't win the granddaddy the world this year poor thing

old fan
07-02-2016, 11:46 AM
It has a lot to do with the series. You contradicted yourself with your own statement. You said Owens and Bloomer cheat, it's why they are suspended. Correct, they got busted. So why haven't they ever been nailed by Lucas?when was the last have heard anyone getting caught at a lucasquist show

Aces&Eights
07-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Just a thought but with Jimmy and Scott being suspended from some big money races, and this is how these two drivers make their living, wouldn't it be in their best financial interest to put a up and coming driver in the car to go after the money. Maybe a guy like Chris Ferguson could finish in the money and make the best of a bad situation for these two teams. Who are some other drivers in yalls opinion would deserve a shot fro these races?

Scott & Jimmy are both Lucas regulars and missing the world isn't the end of, "IT". Despite what people may think the World isn't one of the highest paying, just the most prestigious. Plenty of money around to be made without giving WoO the slightest thought.

old fan
07-02-2016, 01:53 PM
yeah right go ahead and believe one lol they want that win more than any other

Aces&Eights
07-02-2016, 01:58 PM
...blankenship
Absolutely NOT! Seeing how he's the one who loaned his Zero car to Rocket to copy. That and he's been inactive for more than a year, too much rust to walk in and beat everyone at the world.

...Brian Birkhofer!?
No. Retired and far too rusty and his wife has already put her foot down, so no.

...Brady Smith
Never was all that great anyway and now rusty also.

...Matt Miller
No, not the right caliber.

...Eddie Carrier
Nice guy, but not gonna happen.

...Shannon Babb
This is the only logical suggestion made, but it won't happen.

I like Fergy, nice guy, but he isn't ready for the big stage and No he doesn't beat the national guys regularly, just some regional dudes.

...Tyler Redd1ckNo. Never was that great, just tons of Mullah and connections.

old fan
07-02-2016, 02:02 PM
seen that carrier was racing last night and beat bloomer

huskerdirt
07-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Thank you Aces and Eights.

I said there isn't a driver capable of climbing into those cars and actually has a really good shot at winning. All those suggestions are for guys that MIGHT make the show or MIGHT run good. But winning.... No way.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-03-2016, 12:10 AM
seen that carrier was racing last night and beat bloomerYour stupidity is unparalleled. Bloomer took the lead at 201, was pulling away. Had another caution, caught lappers again, he went to go high, and Jackie was there. Was a racing deal, but they hit just right and it cut his RR down.

Really hope your Fathead is holding up.

oldfart50
07-03-2016, 11:38 AM
No one would want to drive for these thieves. They can only win when cheating...

old fan
07-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Your stupidity is unparalleled. Bloomer took the lead at 201, was pulling away. Had another caution, caught lappers again, he went to go high, and Jackie was there. Was a racing deal, but they hit just right and it cut his RR down.Really hope your Fathead is holding up.doesn't matter what happened on the track results shows carries beat bloomer

Indiana
07-04-2016, 09:49 AM
Why did Owens and Bloomer get suspended?

Aces&Eights
07-04-2016, 10:06 AM
Why did Owens and Bloomer get suspended?

During the running of the Dream 100 weekend, on Friday tire samples were taken from several cars. Of those samples 5 drivers tire samples were found to be, "Missing" an ingredient in the rubber as compared to sample provided by Hoosier. Jimmy and Scott were among those 5 drivers and WoO, per the rules suspended those 5 drivers from WoO/UMP competition for 90 days. All 5 have appealed and until a decision is rendered the suspensions have NOT been started. In the wake of this it has also come to light, that somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-50 drivers across the country have had their tires recently declared to have the same issue by this lab.

The appeals have already been heard, but a decision has not been released to the public. Since Scott and Jimmy are Lucas regulars and NOT WoO/UMP regulars the only events this suspension would effect for them would be, "UMP Summer Nationals" and "The World 100", if the suspensions are upheld and if they start relatively soon. It may be that WoO has discovered there may be some truth to assertions that there is something wrong at the lab or at Hoosier since they are outsourcing some of their production overseas. From a political standpoint they may stall until after the World 100 and let the suspensions play out in a time frame that hurts the fewest parties, points wise and money wise. We'll just have to see, they've(WoO) been curiously quiet since the appeal hearing.

jog49
07-04-2016, 10:07 AM
To avoid getting a replacement driver, Bloomer is getting a face lift (and God knows he needs one) and will appear to be one of the Kardashians in the 0 car during the suspension time. It is said that it will help draw blacks to dirt track racer.

old fan
07-04-2016, 10:24 AM
I guess a new seat is needed lol

Aces&Eights
07-04-2016, 10:31 AM
doesn't matter what happened on the track results shows carries beat bloomer

Curious, I thought Boggs won that race.
I guess some peoples perspective can be skewed by an extra or missing chromosome.

old fan
07-04-2016, 10:36 AM
yes boggs did win carrier placed higher than bloomer in a strange car results are results

Barbecueboy
07-04-2016, 11:00 AM
yes boggs did win carrier placed higher than bloomer in a strange car results are results

This is your brain on drugs^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Any questions( insert sizzle sound hear)

old fan
07-04-2016, 11:50 AM
results are results what part of this don't you under stand but that being saif bloomer was no doubtly the fastest cr on the track those pesky tires slowed him down gain

Brianshirley3S
07-04-2016, 03:36 PM
I can’t understand what you meant because all I see is a jumbling of characters and halves of phrases. Even when I take the time to really figure out what you meant, I’m left guessing. I don’t want to have to guess.

Aces&Eights
07-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Cha-Ching! ^^^^^

J20in1st
07-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Birky is retired. He has no desire to race again. His part time schedule didn't go as planned this year. The fire in the belly has burned out. Which sucks, as I was a Birky fan.

No that butch wife of his has made the call

old fan
07-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Results are results

Aces&Eights
07-05-2016, 07:51 AM
The result was, Boggs was the winner of that race, everybody else lost. You either win or you finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc, you didn't beat anyone and that's the result.
Did you see anybody celebrating, "I beat you to 3rd!".
No, that would be stupid....

buster83
07-05-2016, 08:45 AM
bloomer fine was for defacing of tire.that is getting a little picky

Barbecueboy
07-05-2016, 09:11 AM
bloomer fine was for defacing of tire.that is getting a little picky

Now he is just defacing competitors..........it's awesome.

And the tire rules are just fine,no need to change a thing ......it's been working great.

Josh Bayko
07-05-2016, 09:25 AM
I can't see any of the drivers suspended going with a relief driver for the World. There are other options available that weekend, and they'll just race at some of those other options.

MI Dirt Fan
07-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Who said they even have to race anywhere that weekend?

Josh Bayko
07-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Who said they even have to race anywhere that weekend?

This is also true. Having a weekend off when the weather is still relatively nice would likely be an option too.

MMa
07-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Oh yes their is Darrell Nelson.

I like Darrell, but how many times has he out run him there? I can't think of a time in the last 5 or 6 years.