PDA

View Full Version : tire dope thought

manwplan
06-30-2016, 08:00 AM
Here's something to ponder. Say you dope your tires for a place that doesn't check and then you mount a clean tire up on a wheel that has the residual in it from when you were doping. Is that going to fail the test?

Barbecueboy
06-30-2016, 08:09 AM
Soooooooooo many questions and possibilities............

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2016, 08:22 AM
Here's something to ponder. Say you dope your tires for a place that doesn't check and then you mount a clean tire up on a wheel that has the residual in it from when you were doping. Is that going to fail the test?

I seriously doubt it. We are usually talking about stuff that evaporates very readily.

And just like tire "punch rules", I would bet the tolerances allowed are very friendly. That is where the cheaters play and one little oops gets them outside the tolerance window.

manwplan
06-30-2016, 08:28 AM
I seriously doubt it. We are usually talking about stuff that evaporates very readily.

And just like tire "punch rules", I would bet the tolerances allowed are very friendly. That is where the cheaters play and one little oops gets them outside the tolerance window.

I wouldn't think so but thought it a possibility. Kinda wish these guys would offer this as an excuse or maybe hey we dope sometimes but not this race but my crew guy grabbed the wrong tire. Give us something other than a flat denial. Or I really would stand up and applause if someone said you know what we dope all the time, everyone fast does, and today we got caught. But that will never happen.