PDA

View Full Version : Tire Doping Perspective by Don Martin STLRacing.com

ptown
06-30-2016, 02:01 PM
Interesting article and why does Tony Stewart hate Bloomquist?

http://www.stlracing.com/2016/06/30/tire-doping-perspective-by-don-martin-stlracing-com/

chupp n bloomer fan
06-30-2016, 02:19 PM

http://www.stlracing.com/2016/06/30/tire-doping-perspective-by-don-martin-stlracing-com/How did you get that from that?

That was just an opinion, open thought by the guy who wrote it, not something Tony said or that is a fact.

cjsracing
06-30-2016, 02:19 PM
Funny he mentions that Bloomquist not being there will hurt Bloomquist's merchandise sales. If I was Scott I would design special shirts for this years World 100, show up with my merchandise trailer and personally be the one in the trailer selling the merchandise. He would still make a killing and not even be racing.

Dirt Racing #1
06-30-2016, 02:42 PM
Funny he mentions that Bloomquist not being there will hurt Bloomquist's merchandise sales. If I was Scott I would design special shirts for this years World 100, show up with my merchandise trailer and personally be the one in the trailer selling the merchandise. He would still make a killing and not even be racing.I know for a fact. Bloomer makes a killing off t-shirts at big E. Bloomer won't be racing at the World 100 this year. ( As of now). Im not betting against him in 2017 at big E. He is just going to be more determined to win both in 2017.

Dirt Racing #1
06-30-2016, 02:43 PM
Great article!!!

waaac77
06-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Horrible article!!! So the drivers think the suspensions are too steep? Ok. So lets say no suspensions then, we will just slap you on the wrist with a small fine and take your winnings and send you back out there with your cheater tires. Makes sense.

They want cheater tires out of racing, clearly. You cheat you get fined, stripped of winnings and suspended. If you don't want that to happen to you then dont cheat. The ones who cheat will get caught and they did. Now I have no idea about the reliability of the testing but seems legit and pretty cut and dry to me.

Did I miss something in this read?

Dirt Racing #1
06-30-2016, 02:55 PM
So you know for a fact no one else cheated on tires? Did they test every driver that made the dream? Cheating is wrong. No doubt it.

ClampedUp
06-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Funny he mentions that Bloomquist not being there will hurt Bloomquist's merchandise sales. If I was Scott I would design special shirts for this years World 100, show up with my merchandise trailer and personally be the one in the trailer selling the merchandise. He would still make a killing and not even be racing.

Actually I wouldn't give Eldora/UMP a chance to make one penny off of me if I were those drivers.
I'd buy up 6-8 spots in the Speedy campground pull in the merchandise trailers and have one hell of a party with the fans that weekend.

HoosierDirtFan
06-30-2016, 02:58 PM

http://www.stlracing.com/2016/06/30/tire-doping-perspective-by-don-martin-stlracing-com/

That is a good article and very interesting to read.

Highside Hustler25
06-30-2016, 03:04 PM
Actually I wouldn't give Eldora/UMP a chance to make one penny off of me if I were those drivers.
I'd buy up 6-8 spots in the Speedy campground pull in the merchandise trailers and have one hell of a party with the fans that weekend.

Now that could actually happen. Setting up on Eldora property? Probably not.

Kromulous
06-30-2016, 03:08 PM
If i were Bloomquist, i would invite the 5 suspended Drivers, add in whomever else that wanted to Race. Rent out Florence Speedway, or the nearest track to Eldora, and Race!

Call it the F-U WOO/UMP 100...

tb1545
06-30-2016, 04:32 PM
Just read a couple articles on toNY Stewart's post race interview at sonoma. They talked about a meeting early in his Nascar with Brian France where Brian told Tony "No one driver is bigger than this sport" Tony said it resonated with him because he was absolutely right. These suspensions will prove that as well. In a year or two it might be mentioned the 2016 world 100 winner with a mention of the suspension. After 3 or 4 years Noone will remember anything besides who won. But Eldora isn't the only place racing on the dream and world dates anymore. The 5 suspended drivers will show up somewhere else and race that week in front of a crowd that normally wouldn't get a chance to see those bigger names of the sport.

tb1545
06-30-2016, 04:37 PM
In the case of bloomer, owens and possibly Sheppard , they can probably get paid some appearance money to show up to some track. I Already was wondering on Ricky thorntons plans anyways as usually the world and imca supernationals are the same weekend.

kidrock
06-30-2016, 05:08 PM
Horrible article!!! So the drivers think the suspensions are too steep? Ok. So lets say no suspensions then, we will just slap you on the wrist with a small fine and take your winnings and send you back out there with your cheater tires. Makes sense.

They want cheater tires out of racing, clearly. You cheat you get fined, stripped of winnings and suspended. If you don't want that to happen to you then dont cheat. The ones who cheat will get caught and they did. Now I have no idea about the reliability of the testing but seems legit and pretty cut and dry to me.

Did I miss something in this read?

I'm kind of curious as to how you thought the article was horrible? `

Dante Toledo, OH
07-01-2016, 07:57 AM
So you know for a fact no one else cheated on tires? Did they test every driver that made the dream? Cheating is wrong. No doubt it.I am pretty sure the have pre determined list of who will be tested. Like heat race winners top 2 from B's top 5 from A's or something similar. I think they tested 32 drivers over 3 days. But some people said they only tested Friday. Not really sure.

Barbecueboy
07-01-2016, 08:03 AM
I am pretty sure the have pre determined list of who will be tested. Like heat race winners top 2 from B's top 5 from A's or something similar. I think they tested 32 drivers over 3 days. But some people said they only tested Friday. Not really sure.

The last sentence in your post pretty much sums up the debate on if the testing process is working right and implemented correctly and for the right reasons.

And if everyone were to be honest with themselves , would be the majority of opinions.

flagone
07-01-2016, 08:29 AM
The only problem I have with the article is they did not really cover both sides of the story in that they allowed Feger to talk about the sampling procedure but did not go to WRG/WoO/UMP to get their description of the procedure. I have not seen them do a sample but it seems unlikely they just "put it in a ziploc bag".

Our procedure is very similar to that of the one described that Lucas uses. The difference is my official NEVER touches the sample. The sample is removed by the tire grooving iron of the competitor and placed in the glass vial by the team representative that cuts it. It is then sealed in the vial with a tamper seal and then placed inside an evidence bag and sealed again. The team member signs off on the sample bag along with the official. All tire info is recorded on the bag (date code, compound, location, driver). The lab attests that the sample is received in good order and sealed. The procedure was vetted by 2 different attorneys in regards to collection and chain of custody protocols.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-01-2016, 08:37 AM
The only problem I have with the article is they did not really cover both sides of the story in that they allowed Feger to talk about the sampling procedure but did not go to WRG/WoO/UMP to get their description of the procedure. I have not seen them do a sample but it seems unlikely they just "put it in a ziploc bag".

Our procedure is very similar to that of the one described that Lucas uses. The difference is my official NEVER touches the sample. The sample is removed by the tire grooving iron of the competitor and placed in the glass vial by the team representative that cuts it. It is then sealed in the vial with a tamper seal and then placed inside an evidence bag and sealed again. The team member signs off on the sample bag along with the official. All tire info is recorded on the bag (date code, compound, location, driver). The lab attests that the sample is received in good order and sealed. The procedure was vetted by 2 different attorneys in regards to collection and chain of custody protocols.That's a good procedure you got there and thank you for laying it out there.

Aces&Eights
07-01-2016, 09:28 AM
I liked the article, seemed fair and balanced. Made some good points. Does anybody here know for sure the procedure used in taking the tire samples for WoO? I know McCreadie said Lucas has special containers and new blades used for each sample so there is no cross contamination from one tire to another. Does/Did WoO takes steps to insure of no cross contamination during sampling? On the tire rule suggestions, I previously said I was NOT in favor of having to buy at the track, but I guess if I can choose my compounds(OPEN) and nobody gets to groove or sipe, I'd be cool with that, at the BIG events.

powerslide
07-01-2016, 02:07 PM
From my understanding of the procedure they let you use your own cutting iron. Even if you put a new blade the head has still touched other tires. Probably hot enough to burn off anything that might show up.

turnleftandgasit
07-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Here is what Sam says about the tire sampling procedure in UMP....... https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_9136.html

Cardirt0
07-02-2016, 10:25 AM
2Things I said you can do and it Done.....
( He did have a solution, the big shows lets just get our tires off the Hoosier truck, no siping or grooving let us just bolt them on and race. Anyone tampers with a tire automatic disqualification. )
( Bottom line the best tire rule of all time was what UMP boss Bob Memmer put into place which was the 10-20-30-40 rule. You had something soft to qualify on and yet something hard enough to finish the feature on. Can we do something to the tire what Gundaker is suggesting yes but it will cost more money and the drivers and teams are already complaining about costs. ) I know one driver that had 4 tires he Q on and used them all summer get 4 or 5 races out of the Right rear...Said It cost him a lot more when they Stop this Rule....

Barbecueboy
07-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Ah yes, the winds of change........refreshing.

Cardirt0
07-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Ok they dope tires so this happens ... if you run a 40 and they call it the tire fires up, and you get a yellow. It can Glase the tire over.. and then when it goes green it will not fire up this time...Dope the Tire and it Fires up every time.....Its not too make it last its too make it work....Every time ....

old fan
07-02-2016, 10:41 AM
they need to go back to that ole bobs rules atleast for the big shows

Cardirt0
07-02-2016, 10:49 AM
they need to go back tp that ole bobs rules atleast for the big shows

Yea some of them would Q better if they could run a 10 or 30.. I now some that are at the top of Q on a 10 but can not brake the top 10 on a 20 so it hurts 1/2 the drivers just cause they do better on them tires....bobs UMP was so MUCH better...He may have been a old nut, but When it came too racing dirt cars, He was a Very Smart man.....

old fan
07-02-2016, 10:54 AM
there some guys were great on 30s they dropped that tire and the team struggles

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Im not betting against him in 2017 at big E. He is just going to be more determined to win both in 2017.

Weren't you clowns saying the same this heading into this years Dream? That because of last years Dream Bloomquist would be unstoppable because he would be so determined? He didn't even make the race AND GOT CAUGHT CHEATING TIRES FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

So Determined...

You guys act like he's not human... Like he's a god... He messed up... And he's not going to win the 2016 World 100... He won't be any more determined than he is anytime he shows up at Eldora in 2017...

Cardirt0
07-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Weren't you clowns saying the same this heading into this years Dream? That because of last years Dream Bloomquist would be unstoppable because he would be so determined? He didn't even make the race AND GOT CAUGHT CHEATING TIRES FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

So Determined...

You guys act like he's not human... Like he's a god... He messed up... And he's not going to win the 2016 World 100... He won't be any more determined than he is anytime he shows up at Eldora in 2017...

O God Something we both agree on... The God Cheats.. They ALL are as Determined to WIN some of them dont Cheat too do it .....

Cardirt0
07-02-2016, 11:13 AM
there some guys were great on 30s they dropped that tire and the team struggles

They say they do it to save money (to menny Tires).. But they all start on new tires .. a 30 cost just as much or as little as a 40. so were does it cost more....Some would never get a 40 if they could run on a 30....

old fan
07-02-2016, 12:06 PM
exactly but why not 30 and 40s http://www.onedirt.com/news/tire-troubles-is-chemically-altering-tires-a-competitive-advantage-or-cheating/

Cardirt0
07-02-2016, 12:21 PM
exactly but why not 30 and 40s http://www.onedirt.com/news/tire-troubles-is-chemically-altering-tires-a-competitive-advantage-or-cheating/

Why not 10 20 30 40

old fan
07-02-2016, 12:39 PM
smaller teams don't like carrying that many tires and rims

Cardirt0
07-02-2016, 01:02 PM
smaller teams don't like carrying that many tires and rims

Its only 2 more tires ..Most of the time you have 1 10 too Q on and can use it menny times and the 30 is for the right rear so its not a lot of ties.. The other 3 wheels stay the same...For the 100 lapper you ether buy a 30 or a 40 depending on the track for right rear...
so you run a 40 and finch 10 or you can run a 30 and with it you Win or 2nd or 3rd you payed for that tire and have more cash in your Pants....
Spend 20 grand on a motor and a 100 buck tire brakes you its time to get out of racing...

Cardirt0
07-02-2016, 01:10 PM
One thing that needs too stop, is one team paying 60 bucks for a tire, and the next 120 for the same tire....

old fan
07-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Spend 20 grand on a motor and a 100 buck tire brakes you its time to get out of racing... really the team finished 4 th wed has a 8 yr old car with a 10 yr old motor now explain that one

Cardirt0
07-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Spend 20 grand on a motor and a 100 buck tire brakes you its time to get out of racing... really the team finished 4 th wed has a 8 yr old car with a 10 yr old motor now explain that one

Most cars... And I bet hes spent way over 20000 G over them 10 years.. a rebuild cost 5 grand or more now...... Lucky is what I call it....and some good driving....

old fan
07-02-2016, 01:57 PM
no a smart racer I would bet you its a steel block also and spending 20k over 10 yrs is alot easier than popping for 30 k motor and replace with a 30k motor