PDA

View Full Version : Dirt on Dirt and their lack of tire cheating coverage

ptown
06-30-2016, 03:06 PM
I love DOD and am a yearly subscriber but I'm really disappointed in their lack of coverage on one of the biggest scandals to ever hit the late model racing world. Are you guys afraid you're going to hurt some feelings?

And while I'm at it your PC web site is horrible and nearly impossible to navigate, please make it more like the mobile app which is simple and easy.

zach51
06-30-2016, 03:08 PM
They've had many lengthy stories on the scandal. There isn't really much else to be said.

huskerdirt
06-30-2016, 03:12 PM
What exactly more do you want? There's been 3 articles written about it since the suspensions were announced. Theres nothing more to cover. The story is over.

DoD is not the national enquirer. I know some of you want to think that it is.

dirt33
06-30-2016, 03:16 PM
I have enjoyed reading the coverage on DoD, and I will cast a vote well in favor of their website. Please don't change a thing DoD! (Unless of course you decide to double, triple, or beyond your already great amount of Summernationals interviews, videos, stories, etc... In which case, by all means, change!)

GEAR_HEAD
06-30-2016, 03:34 PM
I love DOD and am a yearly subscriber but I'm really disappointed in their lack of coverage on one of the biggest scandals to ever hit the late model racing world. Are you guys afraid you're going to hurt some feelings?

And while I'm at it your PC web site is horrible and nearly impossible to navigate, please make it more like the mobile app which is simple and easy.

There has been a ton of coverage of it. Their website is easy to navigate. Considering you couldn't find any of the many articles written I'm guessing you are the problem, not the website.

Pennsboro23
06-30-2016, 03:38 PM

Their website is one of the easiest to navigate in my opinion. I love it.

old fan
06-30-2016, 05:31 PM
they might be busy travelling till mid july you think besides they gave the story they had and moved on

Barbecueboy
06-30-2016, 06:17 PM

The mobile version is much easier to navigate IMO............especially from a tablet.

a25rjr
06-30-2016, 06:23 PM

I think the OP has sniffed too much tire prep! :)

BirkyTime15B
06-30-2016, 06:46 PM
I think the coverage has been spot on. As for the website, please keep it the same! From, Loyal customer since day 1!!!

cgrace
06-30-2016, 07:06 PM
DirtCAR hasn't given mantpress releases. Keep including all drivers in onerelease.

jog49
06-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Scandal? What scandal?

There was no scandal. Five cars were found to be not compliant with the rules. Whether or not the driver knew is not important because somebody involved with the teams knew. The rules deal with that.
As for Sam and the lab, some of you have watched too much television.
Want to talk about something? I recently was talking with a person at a desk and was leaning on a can of what I thought to be paint thinner (in the metal can). Turns out, it was tire dope and cost $129.95 for a gallon! Anybody got any dope that cost more? Point is it's quite common and, seemingly, everywhere.

dirtdobber45
06-30-2016, 07:33 PM
[/QUOTE] Anybody got any dope that cost more?[/QUOTE]I know this guy.... jp lmao lmao

plunks7
06-30-2016, 08:54 PM
Scandal? What scandal?

There was no scandal. Five cars were found to be not compliant with the rules. Whether or not the driver knew is not important because somebody involved with the teams knew. The rules deal with that.
As for Sam and the lab, some of you have watched too much television.
Want to talk about something? I recently was talking with a person at a desk and was leaning on a can of what I thought to be paint thinner (in the metal can). Turns out, it was tire dope and cost $129.95 for a gallon! Anybody got any dope that cost more? Point is it's quite common and, seemingly, everywhere.

I do, but don't blow it on a racing tire!!!! You might think your flying. This might be the answer for the Tech guys "Relax take it easy". They could add this line in on their "1 rule" paragraph.

Snake X3
06-30-2016, 11:07 PM

If you read the Fast Talk article ( http://dirtondirt.com/story_9141.html ) the powers that be at DoD were sick of the tire "scandal". As others have said, they covered it...they just haven't flogged a dead horse. I don't think it has anything to do with hurting someone's feelings.

One thing I admire about DoD is their journalistic integrity. They aren't always the fastest to break news, but they don't publish anything until it's 100% fact. With so many rumors floating about in this sport it's nice to know that when I read something on DoD it's gonna be the truth. They are a throwback to old school news reporting. The mainstream media could learn something from following their lead.

jog49
07-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Flogging the dead horse is left to 4M! LOL! Good description there Snake! Here the skeleton will be pulverized.