PDA

View Full Version : Frame heights

Cranky
07-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Should frame heights be set with or without driver in the car?? Opinions please.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Should frame heights be set with or without driver in the car?? Opinions please.

Unless the manufacturer tells you no driver and what the missing driver weighs, a driver better be in the car.

3wheelinphotos
07-01-2016, 10:44 AM
We get asked this question all the time and when I look back thru the older Warrior set-up notes it says without driver but modern day ya gotta have driver weight in the seat when doing ANYTHING set up wise. If not you might as well take the engine out.

pig tracker
07-01-2016, 03:47 PM
Does this also apply when setting camber/caster, I'm guessing?

CCHIEF
07-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Absolutely! Logically, you race with the driver, consistency is key to a good setup.

AmickRacing
07-04-2016, 02:11 AM
Do what the chassis company says, but I think it's more important to just do it the same every time. This way your baseline is the same, and adjustments are made from the same starting point.

Most of the time I'm solo in the shop, so I do setups with out the driver in the car, same with the front end. At the start of the season, and maybe during a time or 2, I'll scale with me in it and compare to with out me in it so I know what I have when I'm in it. But it makes life a lot easier doing it with out the driver in the car. Unless your the driver... and you can sit in the car while the crew does the work for you lol

Revel Motorsports
07-04-2016, 06:33 AM
the best way is to put the driver wieght in the seat

fastford
07-04-2016, 10:46 AM
im with revel, i have to do mine by myself sometimes and i use four 50# bags of play sand and a 20 # weight , yea i know , i need to lay off the french fries...lol