PDA

View Full Version : Tire rules ideal

bleedsbluer2
07-02-2016, 12:37 AM
With all the tire talk going around heres a question then some ideals post your opinion 1st off ive seen races where a car will crash lose antifreeze oil brake fluid oil ect. Then track gets cars to roll that area in wouldnt that be same as chemicals getting on tires even the white chalk starting line so to make it fair wouldnt it be best if tracks told racers in meeting we are taking tire samples and samples of soil from track and when they take samples the drivers also get a sample of each put the samples in a bag like a plastic bank deposit tamper proof bag dated and signed by sanction track and driver then in cases that happen and come back bad the driver can recommend have his tested through a court system

huskerdirt
07-02-2016, 01:04 AM
You are thinking too hard.

Driving through a patch of oil or fluid wouldn't cause a tire to comeback hot.

zyoung25
07-02-2016, 01:15 AM
Guys cover the body in certain sprays to keep the mud from sticking to them. Depending on what is in some of those things, I could see that being a cause of a tire to come back negative. The cars are sprayed normally a few mins before they hit the track. So it would have time to set up and dry on a tire.

bleedsbluer2
07-02-2016, 01:19 AM
How do you know? Do they have results thats been tested to prove it. Its all about money and a system these days in everyday life its all about test results years ago someone could go to prison along time just cause he looked like the suspect years later they get released because of dna if your taking samples then take samples of soil also and make sure driver gets his own samples then if his own samples come back bad we can say guilty he cheated

huskerdirt
07-02-2016, 01:23 AM
Guys cover the body in certain sprays to keep the mud from sticking to them. Depending on what is in some of those things, I could see that being a cause of a tire to come back negative. The cars are sprayed normally a few mins before they hit the track. So it would have time to set up and dry on a tire.

But it wouldn't soak through a tire.

I could spray a lot of things on my truck tire before I hit the road. And the chances of it being there(detechable) after about 10 miles of driving are pretty slim.

They call it tire SOAKING for a reason. It's a process done days/weeks ahead of time. A trace of Lucas slick mist from a spray bottle wouldn't register even if they took the tire sample instantly.

huskerdirt
07-02-2016, 01:28 AM
How do you know? Do they have results thats been tested to prove it. Its all about money and a system these days in everyday life its all about test results years ago someone could go to prison along time just cause he looked like the suspect years later they get released because of dna if your taking samples then take samples of soil also and make sure driver gets his own samples then if his own samples come back bad we can say guilty he cheated

Stop comparing tire cheaters to murders and rapists.

I've been randomly drug tested for the last 15 years. I've never paid anybody money to make sure my results came back clean. Why? Because I never needed too.

zyoung25
07-02-2016, 06:08 AM

I could spray a lot of things on my truck tire before I hit the road. And the chances of it being there(detechable) after about 10 miles of driving are pretty slim.

They call it tire SOAKING for a reason. It's a process done days/weeks ahead of time. A trace of Lucas slick mist from a spray bottle wouldn't register even if they took the tire sample instantly.

Coming from the go kart world....I don't remember ever soaking the tire. Yea there are some thing you had to plum soak the tire, but not all. I even heard a driver mention one degreaser he knew would probably make a tire flunk the test because of what is it in it. It's not something you or I can buy off of a store shelf anywhere.

MI Dirt Fan
07-02-2016, 06:13 AM
I don't think that track is going to get many cars. And by the way, who would be paying for this because I'm assuming it would be every week.

ClampedUp
07-02-2016, 06:40 AM
Tmac has the best idea of them all.
Buy them at the track, no grooving, just bolt them on and race. And I would add some kind of coding system on the tire that they could identify that the driver/team didn't swap them out.

MI Dirt Fan
07-02-2016, 07:19 AM
So if you get 100 cars for the World the track is going to need a minimum of 400 tires on hand. Even 50 cars at the DTWC for example, you would need a minimum of 200 tires on hand. How they going to regulate what series buys tires and at what tracks? Are you going to require local guys to buy tires at the track every week? Some guys can run 2 maybe 3 weeks on the same tires in the local level how are they gonna be able to buy at least 4 new tires every week? That's $400-$500 a week alone. If your gonna do that you might as well race asphalt. There's way to many tracks and series to keep it regulated.

MadDad Racing
07-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Coming from the go kart world....I don't remember ever soaking the tire. Yea there are some thing you had to plum soak the tire, but not all. I even heard a driver mention one degreaser he knew would probably make a tire flunk the test because of what is it in it. It's not something you or I can buy off of a store shelf anywhere.
While karting you never "prepped" your tires internally?? It takes hrs on a tire roller/hot box to get prep in the tire.. Kart tires are prepped well ahead of time also...

old fan
07-02-2016, 08:10 AM
So if you get 100 cars for the World the track is going to need a minimum of 400 tires on hand. Even 50 cars at the DTWC for example, you would need a minimum of 200 tires on hand. How they going to regulate what series buys tires and at what tracks? Are you going to require local guys to buy tires at the track every week? Some guys can run 2 maybe 3 weeks on the same tires in the local level how are they gonna be able to buy at least 4 new tires every week? That's $400-$500 a week alone. If your gonna do that you might as well race asphalt. There's way to many tracks and series to keep it regulated.exactly and would probably put most teams out of business and thats 400 tires a night and what happens if they get 127 cars for example and only brought enough for 100 teams

zyoung25
07-02-2016, 08:12 AM
While karting you never "prepped" your tires internally?? It takes hrs on a tire roller/hot box to get prep in the tire.. Kart tires are prepped well ahead of time also...

Never did take them off the wheel. My stuff I took with me to and from the track. They were cleaned and treated on the day after a race, then wrapped up. I never owned a rotisserie. All my prepping involved was a buffer, wd40, and whatever I used to coat the tire with. Took no more than an hour at the most.

turnleftandgasit
07-02-2016, 08:14 AM
My buddy races karts, and has 7 different products he uses on tires. Depending on which track he is going to, depends on which dope he uses that week. He has mid week products and day of products. It is all about the tires.

old fan
07-02-2016, 08:27 AM
and if he moves into other forms of racing what has he learned

turnleftandgasit
07-02-2016, 08:45 AM
He isn't moving on to other forms of racing. Got into Karts so he could spend more time with his son, who was showing signs of becoming a little (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). The time they spent together kept the boy from straying off the path they wanted him to go down. As the boy got older, my buddy started racing with the son, and now keeps a chassis at home for him, when he comes to visit. What he has learned is you can start out as a back marker, and eventually start building motors and selling treated tires to half the field on any given week.

oldfart50
07-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Why are so many of you refusing to accept that the guys that get caught were cheating???? These are not good people and though they are not Murderers and Raspiest, they are thieves.... They are stealing from other competitors and its as simple as that! They are criminals...

Barbecueboy
07-02-2016, 10:33 AM

But maybe a mist of simple green would?

Cardirt0
07-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Bottom line the best tire rule of all time was what UMP boss Bob Memmer put into place which was the 10-20-30-40 rule. You had something soft to qualify on and yet something hard enough to finish the feature on. Can we do something to the tire what Gundaker is suggesting yes but it will cost more money and the drivers and teams are already complaining about costs.
It takes a lot of work and money to make a 40 in too a 30 and if find out you did you go home. so just let them buy 30s in the first place....

jog49
07-02-2016, 06:50 PM
"Buy them at the track, no grooving, just bolt them on and race. And I would add some kind of coding system on the tire that they could identify that the driver/team didn't swap them out."

That wouldn't work either unless you had someone watching every tire mount. Even then, they would find a sneaky way to use the dope that goes on the inside of the tire that's activated by heat.

Dirtfan04
07-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Why are so many of you refusing to accept that the guys that get caught were cheating???? These are not good people and though they are not Murderers and Raspiest, they are thieves.... They are stealing from other competitors and its as simple as that! They are criminals...

Perfectly stated. I feel the same way. Instead of just blaming the people who are the cheaters, and being mad at them for what they are doing to our sport, we are trying to come up with every excuse in the world to justify what they did. People are coming up with one hair brained, and once in a million off the wall excuse after another to try to vindicate what they did. They are adults who chose to cheat, and are responsible for their own actions and the consequences of them.

jog49
07-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Maybe that's the "new" way of the country......refusing to look at what is in front on your nose. It's prevalent in the political arena now with Obama and Clinton......two of the most vile politicians ever who, amazingly, seem to get elected in spite of all their numerous flaws. With the LGBT issue, the country has given up decency. In politics, the country seems to have been drained of intelligence, so making "heroes" out of those who bend the rules seems appropriate. Series bonus points for those caught outside the rules!

Dirtfan04
07-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Maybe that's the "new" way of the country......refusing to look at what is in front on your nose. It's prevalent in the political arena now with Obama and Clinton......two of the most vile politicians ever who, amazingly, seem to get elected in spite of all their numerous flaws. With the LGBT issue, the country has given up decency. In politics, the country seems to have been drained of intelligence, so making "heroes" out of those who bend the rules seems appropriate. Series bonus points for those caught outside the rules!

I know, Its very sad what is happening. Or rather, what we are allowing to happen.

cutman
07-03-2016, 10:20 AM
But maybe a mist of simple green would?

Sounds as far fetched as running over another racers treated tire tracks

Aces&Eights
07-03-2016, 02:05 PM
With all the tire talk going around heres a question then some ideals post your opinion 1st off ive seen races where a car will crash lose antifreeze oil brake fluid oil ect. Then track gets cars to roll that area in wouldnt that be same as chemicals getting on tires even the white chalk starting line so to make it fair wouldnt it be best if tracks told racers in meeting we are taking tire samples and samples of soil from track and when they take samples the drivers also get a sample of each put the samples in a bag like a plastic bank deposit tamper proof bag dated and signed by sanction track and driver then in cases that happen and come back bad the driver can recommend have his tested through a court system

You are thinking too hard.

Driving through a patch of oil or fluid wouldn't cause a tire to comeback hot.

What Husker said, you are thinking way, way too hard. Take sample before feature starts, done.