PDA

View Full Version : Silver Dollar Nationals

ptown
07-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Is there a late model feature Friday night or is it just qualifying and heat races?

Dirt Racing #1
07-04-2016, 10:49 PM
From what I read at lucasdirt.com. Double heats for the Lucas oil late models Friday night. Will go by passing points for Saturday's a main. I will be watch the race via d on d.

plunks7
07-04-2016, 10:50 PM
No, just qualifying. Feature in the USMTS both nights.

huskerdirt
07-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Is there a late model feature Friday night or is it just qualifying and heat races?

There is no feature on Friday night in either class. They are however working on possibly doing a dash similar to last years race. The issue is with the MLRA and Lucas races raining out earlier in the year, it pretty much nixed the qualifying format for the dash.

There will be a dash for USMTS Friday night. Probably around 20 cars.

Also USMTS will be using the double heat format Friday night to qualify for Saturday night.... Which pays 5,000 to win.

So you are looking at about 20 heat races on Friday night along with the 1(maybe 2) dashes.

ptown
07-05-2016, 11:58 AM
There is no feature on Friday night in either class. They are however working on possibly doing a dash similar to last years race. The issue is with the MLRA and Lucas races raining out earlier in the year, it pretty much nixed the qualifying format for the dash.

There will be a dash for USMTS Friday night. Probably around 20 cars.

Also USMTS will be using the double heat format Friday night to qualify for Saturday night.... Which pays 5,000 to win.

So you are looking at about 20 heat races on Friday night along with the 1(maybe 2) dashes.

Thanks Huskerdirt, we were thinking about going but it's a long way to travel for just a Saturday night feature and we're not really interested in the modfieds.

BerckFan
07-05-2016, 02:49 PM
I understand not wanting to come that far for just the one feature, but I will tell you this, those LM heat races have always been very very good. Infact, I've always said, that if I could only make it for one night, Friday would be the night I went too.

Bforwarned
07-05-2016, 05:21 PM
I would highly recommend this race to anyone within a days driving distance. It has never disappointed. I would rank it just as good as Knoxville for the excitement. Kosiski's know how to groom a track for perfect conditions. You get 2 LM features on Saturday night, as they pay $3,000 for the consi feature or the option of started at the back of the main. And say what you will about Mods, but this is the USMTS. Best mods in the country and they always put on an awesome show also. Make the trip, you will be glad you did.

scottdomine22
07-05-2016, 05:25 PM
We are making the trip from Phoenix - far more than a 1 day drive..... Leaving Wednesday morning w/ our camper and hoping to be there Thursday by noon...... Meeting up w/ a bunch of friends from the WWSO and expecting some great racing.

formercrewguy
07-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Team 32B is hitting a MARS race in Monett on the 15th
Wheaton on the 16th
And I-80 21st-23rd.

Leave Cali on the 13th.

huskerdirt
07-06-2016, 06:57 AM
We are making the trip from Phoenix - far more than a 1 day drive..... Leaving Wednesday morning w/ our camper and hoping to be there Thursday by noon...... Meeting up w/ a bunch of friends from the WWSO and expecting some great racing.

Glad your making the trip. It'll be well worth it.

scottdomine22
07-06-2016, 07:27 PM
I have heard lots of great things..... Leaving 2 weeks from today :) Weather there looks downright miserable - hot and humid

huskerdirt
07-06-2016, 09:34 PM
I have heard lots of great things..... Leaving 2 weeks from today :) Weather there looks downright miserable - hot and humid

It's been one of those hot and humid summers, more than usual. Knock on wood, the extended forecast for the SDN week doesn't look too bad. Mid 80s to 90. I'm just hoping the rain stays away.

25 Jay 53
07-06-2016, 11:10 PM
We went in 2014 and it instantly became my new favorite dirt track. I seen awesome racing all 3 nights we were there, hope to make it back again in the future. It was a 750 mile drive for us but well worth it.

intel8
07-07-2016, 07:31 AM
Mid 80's to 90? Gonna seem a bit cool, compared to some years there, lol. One of the best races of the year!

scottdomine22
07-07-2016, 08:35 AM
It was 118* here in Phoenix a couple weeks ago...... 90 shouldn't be too bad :)

BirkyTime15B
07-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Everything about I-80 is awesome! Been to NSL and WoO Sprint car races there this year, was planning on GO 50 but got rained out....Will be there for this event, the place never disappoints! Can't wait!!! It ranks right there with Knoxville for me!!! ( I grew up in Iowa too, so that tells you something!)