PDA

View Full Version : Dirt vision

Umpdirt1
07-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Great that dirt vision are doing audo of summer nats. But most of the races the audio quite honestly sucks. Last night at lassale I gave up all I heard was cars.

callmez
07-05-2016, 01:17 PM
I have listened on several occasions, and the audio quality varies quite a bit -- mostly pretty decent. But last night was unlistenable, I had to turn it off as I couldn't understand a word the main announcer was saying -- sounded like something was wrong with his mike. I couldn't believe that there was nobody at DV checking the audio stream to see if it sounded OK. If I'd paid for PPV and received the same audio stream, I'd be demanding a refund right now. DV is using the free audio stream as bait to attract more PPV sales, which is an excellent idea - but no one will buy a PPV package if the audio quality is that bad. It becomes negative advertising for them.

Josh Bayko
07-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Sound quality will often depend on the facilities at the track. Most dirt tracks tracks aren't set up for any kind of broadcast.

callmez
07-05-2016, 02:15 PM
That may be true Josh, but if you're selling a video stream for $30 (or whatever) I think it's expected that you will receive something resembling audio commentary with it. I'm not exaggerating when I say the announcer was unintelligible last night, even when the track was dead quiet everything he said came out garbled. I guess you got plenty of roar from the track action, probably from a different mike, but that was it.

huskerdirt
07-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Its just the PA feed from the track. Whether it's just the audio or live streaming. They are using the same feed for audio regarding the announcers. Really "no production" involved at all on that end.

I listened last night. The house announcer sounded awesome. Eshelman sounded like he was just spitting out gibberish. I eventually had to turn it off.

FYI.... To other house announcers on the hell tour. Everything you say can be heard on the broadcast whether you are speaking into the microphone or not. Also, turn the mic off when you aren't using it and before you set it down on the table infront of you.

Josh Bayko
07-05-2016, 04:46 PM
That may be true Josh, but if you're selling a video stream for $30 (or whatever) I think it's expected that you will receive something resembling audio commentary with it. I'm not exaggerating when I say the announcer was unintelligible last night, even when the track was dead quiet everything he said came out garbled. I guess you got plenty of roar from the track action, probably from a different mike, but that was it.

I didn't listen, so I can't comment on the quality, but I have to agree that if you're advertising a service it should be quality.