PDA

View Full Version : front sway bar

floppyfoot
07-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Ok, tell me about front sway bars. I have been told to tie them down on the right and others say on the left. What is the right setup for a front sway bar on a metric Monte Carlo?

Dirt_Buster
07-06-2016, 11:36 PM
We ran one when we raced a street stock class years ago. Ran 350lb springs and a big bar 1.25". Didn't do anything else really expect spring rubbers in RF. Won many races that year.

floppyfoot
07-08-2016, 10:00 AM
How do you setup a front sway-bar? Do you mount both ends tight or let one end float? If so, which end is tight? We have one car running a sway-bar on the front and one that does not. The car with the sway-bar has a lot stiffer springs that the one without. The sway-bar was on the car when we got it. It handles great but so does the other car, just ot quit as great.

floppyfoot
08-21-2016, 12:38 PM
Does anyone run a front sway bar on dirt. not very many replies here.

dave41
08-21-2016, 03:07 PM
without bar ,some racers run a bolt under left upper control arm that is adjustable . helps keep some weight transfer off right rear coming off turns , tightens car off

stock car driver
08-21-2016, 08:18 PM
no bar on dirt unless your track is like asphalt

rf has long bolt and spacer in between bar and upper.. lf has loose bolt that thru it and a arm and you can tighten it up for pre load, if your gonna run one when I ran asphalt I always started with the lf 1/8 loose..