PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Pierce Motors?

mndirtman
07-07-2016, 10:35 AM
I'm curious to know about his motors now. I believe this spring he posted he was switching to Vic Hill Motors, only because of the business aspect of the deal. However he popped 2 or 3 motors back to back, however I believe it was do to a electrical issues, so I heard.

Last night in his interview he thanked pro power. So would it be safe to say he's back 100% with Pro Power? I know he also bought one off of Unzicker a couple weeks ago. If I'm thinking correctly he had 2 Vic Hill Motors. I know he had a big one for Eldora, so did he simply send them back to get rebuilt or did he turn them back in?

Does anyone know if it was indeed a ignition issue with the Vic Hill Motors? Vic Hill builds some pretty stout and reliable motors as well as Pro Power.

Also curious when you blow a motor, I don't believe he blew them up badly, because he shut them off quickly, how much is a rebuild on them?

Thanks

Monty

blncfn57
07-07-2016, 11:04 AM
I'm curious to know about his motors now. I believe this spring he posted he was switching to Vic Hill Motors, only because of the business aspect of the deal. However he popped 2 or 3 motors back to back, however I believe it was do to a electrical issues, so I heard.

Last night in his interview he thanked pro power. So would it be safe to say he's back 100% with Pro Power? I know he also bought one off of Unzicker a couple weeks ago. If I'm thinking correctly he had 2 Vic Hill Motors. I know he had a big one for Eldora, so did he simply send them back to get rebuilt or did he turn them back in?

Does anyone know if it was indeed a ignition issue with the Vic Hill Motors? Vic Hill builds some pretty stout and reliable motors as well as Pro Power.

Also curious when you blow a motor, I don't believe he blew them up badly, because he shut them off quickly, how much is a rebuild on them?

Thanks

Monty

They were Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens motors. Not sure what happened to that deal.

mndirtman
07-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Ah... thanks for correcting me...

Mont.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-07-2016, 02:29 PM

Thanks

Monty

It is pretty hard to rebuild and be under $10k with the big builders these days.

pierceFAN
07-07-2016, 03:39 PM
It is pretty hard to rebuild and be under $10k with the big builders these days.

i know just to refreshen based on laps...not damaged...it costs between $3000 and $5000...about every 1000 laps

Highside Hustler25
07-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Bobby has run Pro Power at every event I have seen him at this year.

Waldo
07-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Is that 1000 laps on a 1/4 mile 3/8mile 4/10 mile or 1/2 mile, or is somebody smart enough to figure up miles?

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-07-2016, 05:58 PM
i know just to refreshen based on laps...not damaged...it costs between $3000 and $5000...about every 1000 laps

You would be super lucky at that. Must have stainless valves and a buddy deal.

pierceFAN
07-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Bobby has run Pro Power at every event I have seen him at this year.

He has a couple propower motors that were freshened by d!ckens that he has run

pierceFAN
07-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Is that 1000 laps on a 1/4 mile 3/8mile 4/10 mile or 1/2 mile, or is somebody smart enough to figure up miles?

I'm thinkin when your footing the bill for the engines you keep good track on how much wear and tear is on the engine... Laps...miles... Heavy track....whatever... Costs to much not to maintain... I know Bobbys last engine that blew had 900 laps on it and it was going to be pulled and freshened up after the race but it came apart before...

blncfn57
07-07-2016, 06:58 PM
He posted a picture and thanks to Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens on June 6th

dirtdobber45
07-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Heard he had 2 D1ckens motors that he blew up had 2 Pro Powers as backup and bought another pp from Unzicker. Idk how true it is tho