PDA

View Full Version : Pierce Race Cars

BTExpress
07-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Does Bobby's success in the Summer Nationals help Bob sell more chassis, or will teams just chalk it off as the kid driving for the old man? Not sure how many cars Bob builds on a yearly basis?. I know no where near what a Rocket or Longhorn sells, but thought maybe his recent winning ways might get other teams to consider a Pierce built car in the future.

t4g2
07-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Ya should be interesting to see. Yeah he's have a good sn year but theirs not alot of competition this year versus years past. Babb won 13 out of 26 one year an another year he won 15. They would have more Peirce cars out there but his driving a few years ago cost them some business as I know 5 drivers that gave up their Peirce cars because of incidents in the track.

pierceFAN
07-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Ya should be interesting to see. Yeah he's have a good sn year but theirs not alot of competition this year versus years past. Babb won 13 out of 26 one year an another year he won 15. They would have more Peirce cars out there but his driving a few years ago cost them some business as I know 5 drivers that gave up their Peirce cars because of incidents in the track.

I'd be curious to know which 5 drivers?

old fan
07-07-2016, 07:19 PM
how about not getting help with their car

BTExpress
07-07-2016, 07:23 PM
"how about not getting help with their car "

Ha ha thought that was the standard response when talking about Rockets?

pierceFAN
07-07-2016, 07:33 PM
how about not getting help with their car

I know this...sun thru Thursday bob is available for all the help you need but come the weekend he's all Bobby Pierce

Barbecueboy
07-07-2016, 07:47 PM
I know this...sun thru Thursday bob is available for all the help you need but come the weekend he's all Bobby Pierce

I don't know many fathers that wouldn't be the exact same way........good for him, them.

old fan
07-07-2016, 07:54 PM
I know 2 locals selling their pierces for a rocket

t4g2
07-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Well 3 years ago or so feger babb Shirley Schmidt and I forget the other off hand

Cardirt0
07-07-2016, 08:14 PM

All you have too do is go see witch drivers dropped there P cars and moved too others in the lasts 3 years and its More then 5.... When i worked at Hedricks there were times that Bob did not call back for weeks.. Richie dumped his be for the year was 1/2 over....

pierceFAN
07-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Well 3 years ago or so feger babb Shirley Schmidt and I forget the other off hand

Well babb won. $10000 race in his his Pierce right before he got the Boyer ride... Not many drivers would pass up that opportunity... Feger and Shirley I will not comment on because there are some behind the scenes stuff that I don't want to get into but personally I say good riddance.. Don't know about Schmitt except for Bobby did stuff him in the wall at fairbury but it wasn't intentional... Drivers change chassis like underware... Not a big deal...

Cardirt0
07-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Well babb won. $10000 race in his his Pierce right before he got the Boyer ride... Not many drivers would pass up that opportunity... Feger and Shirley I will not comment on because there are some behind the scenes stuff that I don't want to get into but personally I say good riddance.. Don't know about Schmitt except for Bobby did stuff him in the wall at fairbury but it wasn't intentional... Drivers change chassis like underware... Not a big deal...

Yea your change you under wear cause it dirty...Toss it when it dont fit.....

Aces&Eights
07-07-2016, 08:34 PM
"how about not getting help with their car "

Ha ha thought that was the standard response when talking about Rockets?

Whatever happened to the days when racers would actually make the effort to figure their own cars out? Now it seems everybody needs their hand held or a baby sitter to tell them what bolt to turn.

t4g2
07-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Good riddence? That's Peirces attitude too an then you wonder why theirs not many out there. Def its no customer service when your in the business of customer service. An giid riddence to bobby they can't get him a nascrap ride fast enough to get him gone. As I don't follow nascrap

MI Dirt Fan
07-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Seems as though for the money some are spending on a chassis there would be some tech support that would go along with it. I know a place that does carbs and you can call them day or night 24 hrs for help.

Barbecueboy
07-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Funny how dirt track racing and tv wrestling seem so much the same these days........cheating dramas...family dramas...... Villains and good guys drama.

Vince McMahon/ ( plug in your favorite wrg official here) similarities........it's awesome ain't it?

Barbecueboy
07-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Bobby pierce =hacksaw Jim duggin???

And I mean that in a good way......#notabobbyhater

Barbecueboy
07-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Yea your change you under wear cause it dirty...Toss it when it dont fit.....

I have to believe that our friend litey just said.............wait, what?

Josh Bayko
07-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Bobby pierce =hacksaw Jim duggin???

And I mean that in a good way......#notabobbyhater

Nah, Duggan didn't win that much, and when he did turn heel, he was really bad at it. You'd have to go with a young heel type to describe Bobby Pierce. Maybe a young Curt Henning.

old fan
07-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Whatever happened to the days when racers would actually make the effort to figure their own cars out? Now it seems everybody needs their hand held or a baby sitter to tell them what bolt to turn.exactly or built their own car

Barbecueboy
07-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Nah, Duggan didn't win that much, and when he did turn heel, he was really bad at it. You'd have to go with a young heel type to describe Bobby Pierce. Maybe a young Curt Henning.

you have a point.........I was thinking more about not being afraid to use the stick on somebody if needed with Bobby.....and again, in a good way, lol.

zyoung25
07-07-2016, 09:47 PM
I would think Owens would be a better Henning.....slap his chewing gum into the stands.

I always liked hacksaw. Anyone that can scream "HOOOOOOOO" and get away with it is alright with me.

Bobby would be good Rey Mysterio. Does things that shouldn't be possible, and can whip up on the giants. Also both are short in stature.

Josh Bayko
07-07-2016, 09:56 PM
I would think Owens would be a better Henning.....slap his chewing gum into the stands.

I always liked hacksaw. Anyone that can scream "HOOOOOOOO" and get away with it is alright with me.

Bobby would be good Rey Mysterio. Does things that shouldn't be possible, and can whip up on the giants. Also both are short in stature.

I wouldn't say Owens is heel enough to be Henning.

Mysterio is good comparison for Pierce, but he's been a face for as long as I can remember. Maybe Seth Rollins = Bobby Pierce. Polarizing young guys who can beat up on the legends when necessary, and people either love 'em or hate 'em, ain't much middle ground.

This got me thinking. I wonder how many wrasslin' fans we got here. Got an idea for a fun thread.

zyoung25
07-07-2016, 10:05 PM
You're right about Owens.....he's too much of a nice guy to be a heel. I just thought the chewing gum connection was a good laugh.

I was a big wrestling fan a few years ago, back when in the rock and stone cold era. Don't watch it as much now.

ILL-DIRTDOG
07-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Whatever happened to the days when racers would actually make the effort to figure their own cars out? Now it seems everybody needs their hand held or a baby sitter to tell them what bolt to turn.

Isnt this the truth.

kidrock
07-07-2016, 10:25 PM
I think it's great Pierce keeps winning in their own chassis.

Hazelbaker
07-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Bobby wins again..

REM1187
07-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Melvin sold his Pierce cars after the Belleville incident

powerslide
07-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Melvin was pretty pissed and they were for sale the next day

t4g2
07-07-2016, 11:47 PM
Yeah he's the other one I forgot. Feger an Schmitt both were pretty pissed they both got rid of them right after their incidents.

Krooser
07-08-2016, 12:24 AM
A&E.... You hit the nail on the head.

When I moved the right side rear rail in on my ancient Mastersbilt one hot shot told me it was a mistake unless it was done on the MB jig! Yeah like I can't modify a 20 year old car and do it right. I guess some guys don't own welders.

HoosierDirtFan
07-08-2016, 12:27 AM
I wouldn't say Owens is heel enough to be Henning.

Mysterio is good comparison for Pierce, but he's been a face for as long as I can remember. Maybe Seth Rollins = Bobby Pierce. Polarizing young guys who can beat up on the legends when necessary, and people either love 'em or hate 'em, ain't much middle ground.

This got me thinking. I wonder how many wrasslin' fans we got here. Got an idea for a fun thread.

LMAO Thanks for the idea on the wrasslin thread. IT'S STARTED.

blncfn57
07-08-2016, 04:37 AM
Yeah he's the other one I forgot. Feger an Schmitt both were pretty pissed they both got rid of them right after their incidents.

Wrong! Both still had their Pierce cars for quite awhile after the incidents. Feger, I'm thinking, still has his and has ran it this season.

turnleftandgasit
07-08-2016, 07:39 AM
After going out on a limb with the Bill West equipment, switching to the Pierce cars has revitalized Weavers racing program.

t4g2
07-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Wrong feger doesn't have a Pierce he has his make hustler which may be a knock off an he has a bad an a victory circle by Moyer.he dumped the broken Peirce car off at the front door of Peirce's shop the same night the incident happened.

blncfn57
07-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Wrong feger doesn't have a Pierce he has his make hustler which may be a knock off an he has a bad an a victory circle by Moyer.he dumped the broken Peirce car off at the front door of Peirce's shop the same night the incident happened.

LMFAO!! Funny His "hustler" Pierce car was ran in Peoria earlier this year and he said he had over 300 nights on it at that time. He also rolled it this year. Call it a Hustler or Pierce or whatever else you want to say, but it was built at Pierce's shop so it is what it is. Not gonna argueabout a name, but he still has the same car that he had when him and Bobby had their run in.

pierceFAN
07-08-2016, 09:52 AM

wrong again....jason ended up buying that car

D. Tidrow
07-08-2016, 10:26 AM
wrong again....jason ended up buying that carPiercefan, I know you know a lot about the pierces. Why do you continue to comment about them? You have already stated that they have gotten mad at you in the past. Why keep the dedication up?

pierceFAN
07-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Piercefan, I know you know a lot about the pierces. Why do you continue to comment about them? You have already stated that they have gotten mad at you in the past. Why keep the dedication up?

I never said they were mad at me? Where did that come from?

Cardirt0
07-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Piercefan, I know you know a lot about the pierces. Why do you continue to comment about them? You have already stated that they have gotten mad at you in the past. Why keep the dedication up?

I dont mine if Pfan sticks up for his Boy.. If he dont mind I will slam His boy if he wrecks someone....He just has to realize that a LOT of people Dont Like Bob or his Wife.....

D. Tidrow
07-08-2016, 10:57 AM
I never said they were mad at me? Where did that come from?I thought I seen a post where they were not always nice to you because of their finances. Maybe I am wrong, if I am I apologize. I was just wondering. Do you know them personally? How do you know them?

Cardirt0
07-08-2016, 10:59 AM
I Am going to make a what is too come.... Once the SN over,He has too run with the Big boy once more, and say the P car not running as good as it was, bet the bump them out of the way comes back...I Think so, time will tell,,,Its not hard to be Num.1 when only 3 or 4 of the other cars run as fast as him....

D. Tidrow
07-08-2016, 11:02 AM
I dont mine if Pfan sticks up for his Boy.. If he dont mind I will slam His boy if he wrecks someone....He just has to realize that a LOT of people Dont Like Bob or his Wife.....I have met you cardirt0, you are a real central Illinois dirt track historian. I mean that as a compliment. I am sure I seen a post about the pierces getting mad at piercefan.

Cardirt0
07-08-2016, 11:12 AM
I have met you cardirt0, you are a real central Illinois dirt track historian. I mean that as a compliment. I am sure I seen a post about the pierces getting mad at piercefan.

Could be, They tell a lot of people off.. Some times even there fans....I like too take him in too the pits and speak too a lot of the drivers I know... he be shocked at what they have too say.. If they did not know he was a Bobby or BOB fan...He or they can say what they want but there is a lot of people in the Pits that DONT like them....

D. Tidrow
07-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Could be, They tell a lot of people off.. Some times even there fans....I like too take him in too the pits and speak too a lot of the drivers I know... he be shocked at what they have too say.. If they did not know he was a Bobby or BOB fan...He or they can say what they want but there is a lot of people in the Pits that DONT like them....I will say the golden goose of modified chassis is drying up.

pierceFAN
07-08-2016, 12:02 PM
I thought I seen a post where they were not always nice to you because of their finances. Maybe I am wrong, if I am I apologize. I was just wondering. Do you know them personally? How do you know them?

I consider the family friends of mine... I've never said anything bad or derogatory about them ... I defend them and I get bashed for doing so ...my wife died about a year ago and Bobby dedicated the rest of that season in her memory and proceeded to go out and win the $10,000 feature that night...meant a lot to me... So when people get on here and talk absolute crap about them... I am the first to stand by thier side...they are not perfect but who is? Evidently the people here on the 4m are

D. Tidrow
07-08-2016, 12:15 PM
I consider the family friends of mine... I've never said anything bad or derogatory about them ... I defend them and I get bashed for doing so ...my wife died about a year ago and Bobby dedicated the rest of that season in her memory and proceeded to go out and win the $10,000 feature that night...meant a lot to me... So when people get on here and talk absolute crap about them... I am the first to stand by thier side...they are not perfect but who is? Evidently the people here on the 4m areThat is very touching, like I said no disrespect. Just asking a question. Best to you and your family.

Bubstr
07-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Looking at the points standings for the Summer Nationals, if you don't have a Pierce Car, your on the outside, looking in. Pierce, Weaver and Unzinger seem to be running well. And they must do it with no help. Feger had help from a hall of fame driver and crew chief last night and didn't win. I'd have to say, Pierce makes as good a chassis as the next guy.

It seems a chassis is only as good as the driver and choices made by the crew chief at the track.

Aces&Eights
07-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Looking at the points standings for the Summer Nationals, if you don't have a Pierce Car, your on the outside, looking in. Pierce, Weaver and Unzinger seem to be running well. And they must do it with no help. Feger had help from a hall of fame driver and crew chief last night and didn't win. I'd have to say, Pierce makes as good a chassis as the next guy.

It seems a chassis is only as good as the driver and choices made by the crew chief at the track.

I thought Weaver was, "Horns Up"...

cgrace
07-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Looking at the points standings for the Summer Nationals, if you don't have a Pierce Car, your on the outside, looking in. Pierce, Weaver and Unzinger seem to be running well. And they must do it with no help. Feger had help from a hall of fame driver and crew chief last night and didn't win. I'd have to say, Pierce makes as good a chassis as the next guy.It seems a chassis is only as good as the driver and choices made by the crew chief at the track.pretty surefegers rear brakeswent out before Weaverpassed him. yes i'm 4 feger imo bobby is great driver but not fan

Barbecueboy
07-08-2016, 02:09 PM
I consider the family friends of mine... I've never said anything bad or derogatory about them ... I defend them and I get bashed for doing so ...my wife died about a year ago and Bobby dedicated the rest of that season in her memory and proceeded to go out and win the $10,000 feature that night...meant a lot to me... So when people get on here and talk absolute crap about them... I am the first to stand by thier side...they are not perfect but who is? Evidently the people here on the 4m are

Many years ago my 13 year old daughter was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of a brain tumor........our community rallied around her and us and a friend of a friend put a simple message on his modified that said" praying for Brittany" on his sail panel and dedicated his season to her.
Things like that are rarely forgotten and it's really cool what a simple gesture like that can do for someone's mental well being.........

Thanks for sharing that story and fully explains your loyalty and kind words about them when others are running him through the mud.

RUSHB12
07-08-2016, 02:35 PM
I thought Weaver was, "Horns Up"...

Randy Weaver = Longhorn
Kevin Weaver = Pierce

MI Dirt Fan
07-08-2016, 02:38 PM

Where are they in WoO or Lucas? Just sayin'

pierceFAN
07-08-2016, 03:11 PM
Many years ago my 13 year old daughter was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of a brain tumor........our community rallied around her and us and a friend of a friend put a simple message on his modified that said" praying for Brittany" on his sail panel and dedicated his season to her.
Things like that are rarely forgotten and it's really cool what a simple gesture like that can do for someone's mental well being.........

Thanks for sharing that story and fully explains your loyalty and kind words about them when others are running him through the mud.

sorry about your daughter...kinda hits home with me because my wife had a rare aggressive tumor as well...peace be with you

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-08-2016, 03:16 PM

They seem to do better out there on that black "corn planting dirt". Around my parts, they haven't been impressive unless Bobby was driving it.

Bubstr
07-08-2016, 04:06 PM
They seem to do better out there on that black "corn planting dirt". Around my parts, they haven't been impressive unless Bobby was driving it.

Exactly as I say, any chassis is as good as the driver and the choices of the crew chief. Black dirt Red clay or sand or silt. Every year we have a new Chassis of the day and all the fans think you have to have it or you can't win and every year they get proven wrong, no matter what that chassis was.

You would think the fans would wise up after a couple years of that. If not the fans, at least the racers that do the Chassis of the day deal.

Cardirt0
07-08-2016, 05:01 PM
You can be Friends with them.. And at times I like bobby ... Dont care for his Dad.. You stick up for them .. we shout you down and then you tell us off ... then we all LOL and meet here Sat.......If you can take it then so can I .. Peace Bro....

Cardirt0
07-08-2016, 05:10 PM

Sorry to here that .. My dad die from the BIG C at 41 when i was 16 years old.. Hard for me too under stand at the time .. lose a dad $ucks .. a kid sick $uck even more....

Cardirt0
07-08-2016, 05:32 PM
PFan i use too help Richie Hedrick You think you get $hit on here.. Man They road My A$$ back then.. You got it easy.. Keep your faith Bro. Cardird0 0 for the Hedrick car After I stop helping him I wished i could remove the 0 from my name... LOL

Highside Hustler25
07-08-2016, 05:48 PM

"corn planting dirt"
That's a good one. Try planting some corn in that Midwest clay and let us know how that works for ya. lol

Cardirt0
07-08-2016, 05:54 PM
"corn planting dirt"
That's a good one. Try planting some corn in that Midwest clay and let us know how that works for ya. lol

The Dirt at Fairbury Is Field Dirt from a farmers field....Thats why it so black when its wet....