PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now SLM edition....

FieldFiller
07-07-2016, 10:07 PM
I used to follow Super Late Model racing very closely during the early to mid 00's, then kind of fell out of it. Now that I've been watching races on DoD and keeping up with results more recently I've noticed a lot of names that used to be in the rundowns are missing. I was wondering if maybe anyone could share some info on what happened to these guys or what they're up to now.Names such as....Michael England #5Patrick Sheltra #23Eric Jacobsen #5Robbie Blair #won 11Gary Stuhler #90Billy Drake #9Brady Smith #2Darren Miller #32dClint Smith #44Al Purkey #33Jeff Floyd #F1John Anderson #1KDavey Johnson #19Just a curious race fan. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

dirt33
07-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Eric Jacobsen - no longer racing.
Robbie Blair - has cut back on racing to put more towards his son's racing.
Billy Drake - now drives the Neltner #75, mostly around Peoria.
Brady Smith - no longer racing.
Darren Miller - sold his operation. Drove for Diercks for awhile, was still winning races, but the pairing didn't work out, and Darren likely will never drive for someone else again.
Clint Smith - wins every week at a local track in Georgia.
Al Purkey - I see his name in Caney (KS) results in a number 25.
John Anderson - after leaving ShopQuik, drove for Bill Koons. Haven't seen his name in a couple years now.
Davey Johnson - still racing.

zyoung25
07-07-2016, 11:33 PM
England drove a mod a few years back, and followed the AMS tour for a couple years, haven't seen his name in awhile now.

Stuler or STOOOOOLER as he's known on here still races in the PA/MD area.

Jeff Floyd runs his own body shop I believe now, and has gave up racing. His cars were always favorites of mine.

huskerdirt
07-07-2016, 11:52 PM
John Anderson and his wife opened up a little cafe in NW Omaha. It's called AJs. Open for breakfast and lunch. Have only made it there once so far and it was (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good food.

GEAR_HEAD
07-08-2016, 12:39 AM
Whatever happened to Wes Steidinger? Following the Hell Tour reminded me of him.

MI Dirt Fan
07-08-2016, 04:30 AM
Or Josh Steinacker.

MI Dirt Fan
07-08-2016, 04:32 AM
Whatever happened to Wes Steidinger? Following the Hell Tour reminded me of him.

Wasn't he the one that got banned from Farmer City? Seems like he sold out everything after that. Around 2008?

Josh Bayko
07-08-2016, 07:42 AM
Eric Jacobsen - no longer racing.
Robbie Blair - has cut back on racing to put more towards his son's racing.
Billy Drake - now drives the Neltner #75, mostly around Peoria.
Brady Smith - no longer racing.
Darren Miller - sold his operation. Drove for Diercks for awhile, was still winning races, but the pairing didn't work out, and Darren likely will never drive for someone else again.
Clint Smith - wins every week at a local track in Georgia.
Al Purkey - I see his name in Caney (KS) results in a number 25.
John Anderson - after leaving ShopQuik, drove for Bill Koons. Haven't seen his name in a couple years now.
Davey Johnson - still racing.

Davey J hasn't raced this season at all. I don't know if he's officially retired, though.

Tony27
07-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Davey J hasn't raced this season at all. I don't know if he's officially retired, though.Plus, with his dad passing, not sure what will happen.

Coal Miner
07-08-2016, 08:22 AM
What happend to Danny Meyers and Tony Wiggins from the Bloomquist camp?

Pennsboro23
07-08-2016, 08:49 AM
Johny Virden, Damon Eller?

jlacey
07-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Gary Stuhler still runs Hagerstown and a few PA tracks. He was at the world finals in Charlotte last year. Drives a white/blue #1 now. Think i heard that it was the 1st # he ran when he started racing

rickybrown1952
07-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Ed Dixon, kevin Gundaker, Randy Korte all not racing anymore

GA-DIRT
07-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Ed Dixon, kevin Gundaker, Randy Korte all not racing anymore

What about Ed is he out of jail?

SaddleUpLock&Load
07-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Lee Jay Haddox?
Kenny Merchant?
Ronnie Poche?
Kris Patterson?
Denny Felker?
Tim Hitt?
Thomas Ware?
Garrett Durrett?
John Mason?

Finnfan
07-08-2016, 01:17 PM
"Neon" Dion Deason?
Timmy Yeager?
Brad Neat?????

Clayton_Wetter
07-08-2016, 01:36 PM
What about Ed is he out of jail?

Hey Litey, do you know the answer about Ed. Your local hero that kind of cheated against society, but you thought he was the greatest.

Aces&Eights
07-08-2016, 01:57 PM
What happend to Danny Meyers and Tony Wiggins from the Bloomquist camp?

Danny was fired from Bloomquist after a mixup at Eldora one year made him miss a heat I believe it was. Not sure where Danny is now. Bloomquist has been through another good crew chief since Danny, man named "Tommy Hicks."

Ed Dixon - Doing time last I heard.
kevin Gundaker - Running a race track in Pontoon Beach.
Randy Korte - Retired
Lee Jay Haddox - Unknown
Kenny Merchant - Still running SUPR races last I heard in Mississippi and LA
Ronnie Poche - Unknown
Kris Patterson - Retired
Denny Felker - Unknown
Tim Hitt - Retired to run family business.
Thomas Ware - Hurt really bad in highway accident on motorcycle.
Garrett Durrett - Dad quit putting in money so he quit trying. Last I saw he was posting pics of him partying.
John Mason - Still runs, I think...
"Neon" Dion Deason - Had a career in modeling, came back for a few years about 10 years ago and quit.
Timmy Yeager - Unknown
Brad Neat - Not sure

MI Dirt Fan
07-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Kris Patterson retired along time ago. His kid has been racing LM ever since. Probly around 05'-06'

huskerdirt
07-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Last time I've seen John Mason's name anywhere was in Knoxville, 2013 or 2014.

Denny Felkers son, Andrew is in to that midget racing. So I'm sure he's helping with that.

aflack83
07-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Pretty sure Thomas Ware runs the family funeral home business now.

muddy mike
07-08-2016, 03:42 PM
i think i saw a report awhile back on stlracing that Dixon got out of his last encounter with the law

waaac77
07-08-2016, 04:25 PM
What's the Southern Gentleman up to these days?

Aces&Eights
07-08-2016, 08:29 PM

Retired and done.

zyoung25
07-08-2016, 08:43 PM

Heard Jeff say last year that him and his wife are living on Christianberry's farm in Tennessee. Rarely leaves the house anymore.

Ware enjoys life now, sill big into motorcycles, and is the undertaker at the family funeral home.

Durrett was running a some fish and game type deal.

Eller sold out due to family life.

Bforwarned
07-09-2016, 07:39 AM
Rick Aukland use to be tough to beat back in the day. Last I had heard he was racing Mods but that was a few years ago.

old fan
07-09-2016, 07:45 AM
what about ed is he out of jail? yes he is been out of jail for awhile

bleedblue55
07-09-2016, 08:41 AM
Rick Aukland use to be tough to beat back in the day. Last I had heard he was racing Mods but that was a few years ago.
Rick still runs Mods. Saw him at Atomic earlier this year. And he still runs up front.

Just The Tip
07-09-2016, 09:59 AM
I'm interested to hear about Patrick Sheltra as well. He was pretty big there for a while, even big in ARCA too. (I think he won an ARCA race but don't remember.) What about Shane Yoder? I always thought he had a great looking car. Palm trees in the numbers if I remember correctly.

Coal Miner
07-09-2016, 10:34 AM
How about Shane yoder(Sorry already been mentioned)

BadgerDirt01
07-09-2016, 07:55 PM
James "Blinky" Ward? He made a run a few years back and then nothing. He was out of Louisiana or Mississippi I thought.

ready2rd
07-09-2016, 08:16 PM
JUST THE TIP if my memory serves me correct PATRICK SHELTRAS FATHER PASSED AWAY THINGS NOT SAME ANY MORE SEEMS HE DIED FROM WORK RELATED ACCIDENT BUT I COULD BE WRONG ON ACCIDENT

lb_sa
07-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Anybody know what Bart Hartman is up to these days?

ready2rd
07-09-2016, 10:47 PM
Last i heard from hartman he was doing construction work, traveling a lot never heard the resason he left racing maybe he was burned out, talk to his step father thursday but the thought never crossed my mind to ask him where and what was he doing for sure .

AnonymousNate
07-10-2016, 01:24 AM
England drove a mod a few years back, and followed the AMS tour for a couple years, haven't seen his name in awhile now. Stuler or STOOOOOLER as he's known on here still races in the PA/MD area. Jeff Floyd runs his own body shop I believe now, and has gave up racing. His cars were always favorites of mine. he was driving for 2brothers racing if im not mistaken

AnonymousNate
07-10-2016, 01:25 AM
Anybody know what Bart Hartman is up to these days? didn't he do some driving as well for 2brothers? do believe he did for a little while

jr29
07-10-2016, 01:36 AM
Brian Leslie.....from Illinois and moved to Mississippi...where is he now and what is he up to ?
I enjoyed watching him race in north Mississippi in the mid-late 1990's.

cmmg42
07-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Jeff Floyd had the best looking latemodels

dirt junkie
07-10-2016, 11:59 AM
What ever happened to Brian Birkhoffer...oh wait I forgot,he was castrated.

Too soon?

Finnfan
07-10-2016, 03:52 PM
That's pretty funny right there dirt junkie, I don't care who you are. Not everybody will get it, but pretty daggone funny.

RoadtoPennsboro
07-12-2016, 11:44 AM
"Robbie Blair - has cut back on racing to put more towards his son's racing. "

Rob has entered 13 races this year: 4 wins, 10 Top 5s, 1 DNF

Probably having as much or more fun helping Max who already has 16 wins this season between Super and Crate.

bobbysmith
07-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Floyd's wife passed away a few years ago I think is why he got out. I have heard from more than 1 person that he is putting a car together to run Mars and Comp Cams.

dirty-white-boy
07-13-2016, 12:52 PM
What about Dub Barnhouse? Brandon Kinzer?

Has anyone seen Chub Frank lately?

bloomersmooth
07-14-2016, 08:31 AM
Jeff Floyd is building a new car. I was at his race shop last week. He hopes to be racing again by August. I can't wait. He's a heck of a driver and he always has one of the best looking cars on the track.

MI Dirt Fan
07-14-2016, 08:34 AM
http://www.brandonkinzer.com/18schedule.html

Chub had a knee replacement after speed weeks in FL. That was the latest news on his website. There's no 2016 schedule listed.

nuff said
07-14-2016, 11:25 AM
I have seen Kinzer's name in a few different results,maybe some SAS and Ultimate races. I'm pretty sure he was at TST and maybe Smoky Mtn and Crossville

FieldFiller
07-14-2016, 11:35 AM
Saw Chubzilla earlier this year in the WoO race at Carolina Speedway in Gastonia, NC. He finished 2nd behind Richards.

turnleftandgasit
07-14-2016, 11:41 AM

He didn't do what his daddy wanted him to do, and he closed the purse strings

t4g2
07-14-2016, 12:12 PM
With Wes it was a family deal and family does farming and it wasnt going as well an Wes became a full time father as his baby momma was killed in a very bad wreck.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-14-2016, 12:15 PM
What about Dub Barnhouse? Brandon Kinzer?

Has anyone seen Chub Frank lately?

Chub Frank is 8th in points on the WoO tour.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-14-2016, 06:09 PM
Anybody know what Bart Hartman is up to these days?Bart is on the pipeline stuff throughout Ohio, Pa, WVa. Not sure where he is now. Our Union rep guy knows him and usually knows where he is. I'm guessing he's pretty good on a trackhoe because he does pipeline work and he was on a trackhoe on a barge helping to clean up Buckeye Lake before the pipeline stuff fired up again. I'm guessing he was just burnt out and didn't wanna spend the money on it no more. He doesn't have kids, and is probably looking for something to retire from that will pay you.

Last I knew he still has a mod at 2 Brothers, could be wrong though.

dirt crow
07-15-2016, 11:06 AM
What's these up to now? C S Fitzgerald, Mike Balzano, Johnny Williams, Paul Shafer, Tommy Joe Pauchett, Tony Cardin, Jerry Inman, Earl Peppernewby, Willie Kraft, Roudy Boutwell, Jeff Stansberry, Alan Vaughan, and Marty Horton...... (Spelling off I'm sure)

jlacey
07-15-2016, 11:40 AM
CS Fitzgerald still runs Hagerstown and Winchester

IZZOJR16
07-15-2016, 11:50 AM
Glad you made this thread, I kept thinking about doing it but kept putting it off. This thread should be a bulletin point at the top. Anyway I have one , what ever happened to Mike Bowers?

IZZOJR16
07-15-2016, 11:51 AM
JUST THE TIP if my memory serves me correct PATRICK SHELTRAS FATHER PASSED AWAY THINGS NOT SAME ANY MORE SEEMS HE DIED FROM WORK RELATED ACCIDENT BUT I COULD BE WRONG ON ACCIDENT thanls for the Updates, I too wondered what ever happened to him.

HoosierDirtFan
07-15-2016, 12:30 PM
What's these up to now? C S Fitzgerald, Mike Balzano, Johnny Williams, Paul Shafer, Tommy Joe Pauchett, Tony Cardin, Jerry Inman, Earl Peppernewby, Willie Kraft, Roudy Boutwell, Jeff Stansberry, Alan Vaughan, and Marty Horton...... (Spelling off I'm sure)

Paul Shafer retired from late model racing around 1992 / 1993. He still lives in the Northwest (Portage) Indiana area not to far from where I live. He has a stable of Monster Trucks at his shop in Westville, Indiana. Those trucks include: Monster Patrol, Big Foot, Bear Foot, & about 6 others. He sold all of his scrap yard business (I believe he had 6 or 7 different yards). He is funding his son Paul Shafer Jr's. Asphalt Late Model racing with a fully loaded Stacker Hauler. Paul Jr. runs with the ARCA Midwest Tour.

MI Dirt Fan
07-15-2016, 10:02 PM
Jamie Zyder???

Scott Boesel
07-16-2016, 01:00 AM
What about Wayne Chinn never hear about him anymore either

MI Dirt Fan
07-16-2016, 01:02 AM
What about Wayne Chinn never hear about him anymore either
I think I saw him in the results just a couple weeks ago somewhere. Might have been Oakshade?

zyoung25
07-16-2016, 01:21 AM
Wayne Chinn has been driving a red #26 owned by Rob Rouch.

I've always wondered what happened to Waynes brother Blake though.

25 Jay 53
07-16-2016, 10:56 AM

Johnny Williams quit racing in about 1994, he sold his stuff to Steve Ross and Steve race for about 15 years before he sold out. Johnny is running his family's hardware store in Lexington, TN.

25 Jay 53
07-16-2016, 11:01 AM
How about Jason Smith from Mississippi, Robbie Starnes from Mississippi, Donnie Barnhardt from Ark?