PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Prayers to the Jerger Family and Florence Speedway...

race-results
07-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Ronald L. Jerger, Sr., age 72, passed away Friday morning July 8, 2016 after battling cancer since January of this year. Although he worked at many different area racing venues, Mr. Jerger, Sr. has long been associated with Florence Speedway in Union, KY. Mr. Jerger, Sr. began his association with the long-running ½ mile dirt oval back in 1959 when the track was known as Northern Kentucky Speedway and has worked in many different capacities, but has been in the position of scorer, along with his wife, since around the 1970 season.

Mr. Jerger, Sr. was scheduled to be inducted into the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame in the contributors to the sport category at the upcoming North/South 100 and National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame induction ceremony at Florence Speedway on August 13. Mr. Jerger, Sr. was one of the original founding members in the formation of the United Midwestern Promoters (UMP) organization that streamlined the body rules and regulations for Dirt Late Model racing in 1984.

Mr. Jerger, Sr. is survived by his wife of 53 years, Madeleine Jerger, along with one daughter Elise Fessler, and four sons, Ronald Jerger, Jr., Robert Jerger, Rodney Jerger, and Roman Jerger, along with ten grandchildren.

Funeral arrangements are pending at this time.

Kromulous
07-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Condolences to the Jerger's and Florence Speedway.

NormP
07-08-2016, 06:39 PM
My condolences.

TerryM
07-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Big loss and sad day for the sport. Back in my journalism days I did an article for DLM Magazine on Florence Speedway (my home track) and the King family. One of my sources for the article was Ron Jerger Sr. He's probably the premiere historian for the track. A virtual walking encyclopedia of information and stories. I could've written multiple pieces on just Ron and his vast reserve of stories. My prayers and condolences go out to the Jerger family, the King family, and the entire Florence racing community.

wsmith
07-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Sorry to hear. He both wrote for and sold papers for us at Florence. Condolences to the family.

Clayton_Wetter
07-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Condolences to the Jerger's and Florence Speedway. Very sad news. I wish the families and friends the best.

dirtdobber45
07-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Thoughts and prayers to his family

TS FAN
07-09-2016, 02:37 PM
I didn't know Ron was sick. I have only been to the track a couple times so far this year. Prayers for his Family

113mod
07-10-2016, 12:42 AM
Condolences to the family. Didn't know him but his son Rodney helped save my dogs life. I had a racing shirt on at the veterinary hospital and it lead to an hour conversation about racing and his family. Nice people that i will say a prayer for tonight.