PDA

View Full Version : Chris Madden??

mopar92
07-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Heard he got hurt pretty bad? What happened? Racing? Hope he's better. I like to see him underdog win.

Tireguy17
07-12-2016, 01:59 PM
Courtesy of www.dirtondirt.com

Chris Madden of Gray Court, S.C., suffered a concussion in a late-race accident during Saturday night’s 60-lap Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series event at Smoky Mountain Speedway in Maryville, Tenn., his wife, Stephanie, revealed in a Facebook post on Sunday night.

The 41-year-old driver was running fourth on lap 49 of the Mountain Moonshine Classic when his Longhorn Race Car slammed the outside wall in turn three. There was no immediate indication that he was injured, but Madden’s wife wrote that he was later taken to the hospital for evaluation. She said results of CT scans came back normal and x-rays found no broken bones, but Madden was diagnosed with a concussion “and has been resting (at home) today.”

Madden’s concussion comes just days before the busiest stretch of his 2016 racing season: the 11-race Schaeffer Oil Southern Nationals Series, which begins July 16 at Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, Va., and runs through July 30. He is a five-time series champion and has the entire tour listed on his schedule, but his wife’s Facebook post did not indicate if he will be forced to miss any events due to his injury.

Madden has seven feature wins this season. All of his victories came in his first 14 starts of 2016; he’s winless in his last 12 appearances since capturing an Ultimate Super Late Model Series event on April 24 at Rome (Ga.) Raceway, but he does have three runner-up finishes in that span and was in contention for top-five placings in Lucas Oil Series events last weekend at Smoky Mountain and Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, S.C., before misfortune knocked him out.

mopar92
07-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Must have been a big hit. Wow. Thanks.

TS FAN
07-12-2016, 02:41 PM
Hope he takes Doctor's recommendation for length of time he should stay out of the car. Otherwise, get well soon Mr Madden

dirtdobber45
07-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Im with you TS he needs to stay out of the car would hate to see him have another wreck and something bad happen because he didnt listen to the doc. Hope he has a speedy recovery

oldfart50
07-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Maybe those longhorns are not very safe?

dirtdobber45
07-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Maybe those longhorns are not very safe?Sounds like just a hard hit to me. Has nothing to do with the car builder

Matt49
07-12-2016, 07:17 PM
A concussion is nothing to mess around with. Another hit while you're still banged up could lead to permanent damage. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery but do NOT get back in that race car until the doc says you're back to 100%.

callmez
07-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Agreed, for his sake I hope he stays out until he gets the all-clear from the docs. Not my favorite driver but a very talented one and a threat to win anywhere he goes. ............. As for the hit, I don't know if there's video of it anywhere but the way I remember it he was trying to get around a lapped car as he was being pressured for position from behind, and when he went into turn three he went in pretty hard, looking for something that wasn't there, ran right into the rear of the lapped car, then he went into the wall at a very direct angle. It didn't look like he hit it that hard, but hitting the wall head on is a lot different than a glancing blow and this was closer to head on. Hope he's OK and back on the track soon.

heath58
07-12-2016, 09:26 PM
I was in turn 3 shooting (I'm a photographer) and he hit pretty dang hard...it looked to me as it something broke because of how fast he shot up the track. Unlike callmex said he didn't hit head on...he side slapped the wall with the right side door. Hope the best for him...concussions are no joke.

Aces&Eights
07-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Maybe those longhorns are not very safe?

On the video the car didn't look bad, I thought he might rejoin the field. Smokey mountain is a very fast track though. He's had so much misfortune, get well soon. One of the best shoes from my area.

Barbecueboy
07-12-2016, 10:34 PM
I was in turn 3 shooting (I'm a photographer) and he hit pretty dang hard...it looked to me as it something broke because of how fast he shot up the track. Unlike callmex said he didn't hit head on...he side slapped the wall with the right side door. Hope the best for him...concussions are no joke.

Clearly oldfart50 can attest to the dangers of being concussed............dropped on his head so many times and all.

Chris is a smart guy, he knows what he has to do.......hope he has a speedy recovery.

dirtdobber45
07-12-2016, 11:16 PM
Clearly oldfart50 can attest to the dangers of being concussed............dropped on his head so many times and all.That just made his head thick...it was from all the paint chips and peeing on electrical fences lol

ncaa380
07-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Any Updates on Chris Madden's status for the southern Nationals races this weekend?

weatherman85
07-13-2016, 09:08 AM
His wife posted on FB that he's going to have to miss the tour.

Josh Bayko
07-13-2016, 09:40 AM
Head injuries aren't anything to mess with. For his sake, I hope it's not too serious .

Aces&Eights
07-14-2016, 12:30 PM
His wife posted on FB that he's going to have to miss the tour.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.