PDA

View Full Version : Shane Clanton Masters WoO at Mason City; Prepares for Busy Week

Ben Shelton
07-12-2016, 03:30 PM
For Immediate Release
July 12, 2016

Shane Clanton Masters WoO at Mason City; Prepares for Busy Week

Zebulon, Georgia (07/12/16) – Mason City Motor Speedway was the scene of Shane Clanton’s latest triumph in his Weldbank Energy #25 Super K Express/ Capital Race Car/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model. The $10,000 victory marked Clanton’s seventh of the 2016 campaign.

Following the World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series north to the Hawkeye State, Shane Clanton was one of 25 entries registered for action at Hamilton County Speedway (Webster City, Iowa) on Thursday night. Following up the 2nd-fastest time in qualifying with a 10-lap heat race victory, Shane earned the 5th-starting spot for the $8,000-to-win A-Main. Battling in the Top 10 throughout the 40-lapper, Clanton crossed the finish line in the 10th position.

Friday night brought the WoO competitors to Mason City Motor Speedway (Mason City, Iowa), where Shane qualified 4th fastest in a field of 24 entries. Placing 2nd in his heat race behind Chris Simpson, Clanton received the outside-front-row starting spot for the feature via the redraw. Jumping out to the lead on the opening circuit, Shane led from flag-to-flag, soaring to his 7th win of the season with Josh Richards, Chris Simpson, Rick Eckert, and Billy Moyer Jr rounding out the Top 5. Clanton pocketed a $10,000 payday for his triumph in the 50-lap Wild West Tour A-Main.

“Oh man, that car was good,” Clanton said in victory lane. “It’s pretty special right now. It was a good win here that eluded me the last time I was here [in 2004]. I went a little hard on the tire [then], but tonight we ran a little softer than everyone else, and it was pretty good. I want to thank all of my sponsors for their great support.”

Wrapping up the three-day stint with the WoO series, Shane visited Deer Creek Speedway (Spring Valley, Minnesota) on Saturday night to compete in the annual Gopher 50, where Clanton found himself in a podium spot at the end of the night. Registering a runner-up finish in his heat behind Eric Wells, Shane Clanton improved four positions in the main event to post a 2nd-place finish behind Josh Richards with Rick Eckert, Chad Simpson, and Jimmy Mars rounding out the top five.

Shane is currently second in the WoO points standings. Full results are available at www.WoOLMS.com .

The ultra-busy month of July resumes for Clanton on Wednesday, July 13 with a trip to Ogilvie Raceway (Ogilvie, Minnesota). Thursday, July 14 takes the team to Hibbing Raceway (Hibbing, Minnesota) before rounding out the weekend on Friday night at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota). For more information on the events, please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

Shane Clanton would like to thank all of his sponsors including Weldbank Energy, Capital Race Cars, Cooper’s Country Meat Packers, Super K Express, Clements Racing Engines, VP Racing Fuels, Hoosier Tire South, QA1, Keyser Manufacturing, GW Performance, Southern Fibernet Inc., Quarter Master, Bert Transmission, Weld Racing, Five Star Stock Car Bodies, Bulldog Rear Ends, Cizmar Racing, CV Products, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Simpson Race Products, Integra Racing Shocks, Integra MX Springs, Beyea Custom Headers, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, Driven Oil, Wilwood Brakes, Braille Batteries, Slavic Graphics and Apparel, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Shane Clanton, please visit www.ShaneClanton25.com .