PDA

View Full Version : Hell tour

Umpdirt1
07-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Plymouth rained out.

rickybrown1952
07-13-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm not trying to be mean but this track they're going to Thursday merrit speedway lake city michigan is a short distance from crossing into Canada rediculouis this is the summer nationals way too far from the MiDWEST

Cardirt0
07-13-2016, 03:05 PM
I'm not trying to be mean but this track they're going to Thursday merrit speedway lake city michigan is a short distance from crossing into Canada rediculouis this is the summer nationals way too far from the MiDWEST

Have too disagree .. I think they need more tracks in more states.. and only the bigger tracks in Ill..Run it on Thur,Fri. Sat. Sun. go for 5 or 6 weeks.. 20 to 24 races 10grand each.. 20bucks to get in No more......Last race is 20 grand and you have to have run in 8 races to get in that one....20 grand to the points winner...
If you only have like 9 cars that have run in 8 then add the cars that have run in 7 then add the cars that run in 6 then stop...If you only have 15 cars so be it ...Then they are all SN cars.......Make it were the drivers Want too go......
Add this: have a 5grand race for all the other SN cars on the last race.......

old fan
07-13-2016, 03:11 PM
34 cars at the smallest track in the circuit for 5 grand its not the size of the track but location

bullring
07-13-2016, 06:36 PM
Just proves size doesn't matter Old Fan.

old fan
07-13-2016, 07:02 PM
that's correct and some dang good racing in both lates and mods

Snake X3
07-13-2016, 07:20 PM
Race tonight is cancelled.

MI Dirt Fan
07-13-2016, 08:21 PM

What a dumb observation. Since when hasn't MI been in the Midwest?

old fan
07-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Midwest of what

jr29
07-13-2016, 08:36 PM
What a dumb observation. Since when hasn't MI been in the Midwest?

That's true but I see Ricky's point too. It's hard to expect guys from central and southern Illinois, St Louis area etc....to follow the whole tour if you expect them to travel that far.
It's like if ray Cook's Southern nationals scheduled a race in northern Louisiana or something. That's still the south but your core group of race teams are from east Tennessee, north Georgia...etc.
I do not envy the folks who make up these schedules but I think it's worth having some discussion.

old fan
07-13-2016, 08:40 PM
they need to see car counts crowd etc at each track and work accordingly

MI Dirt Fan
07-13-2016, 08:53 PM
That's true but I see Ricky's point too. It's hard to expect guys from central and southern Illinois, St Louis area etc....to follow the whole tour if you expect them to travel that far.
It's like if ray Cook's Southern nationals scheduled a race in northern Louisiana or something. That's still the south but your core group of race teams are from east Tennessee, north Georgia...etc.
I do not envy the folks who make up these schedules but I think it's worth having some discussion.

Not any different then when they go to Oakshade for the finale. As long as the track is the same sanction as the series then they should be allowed a chance to host an event. The event at Merritt is actually a 3 day show. One night is just for SN tour. Guys can stay and race the rest of the weekend or move on. Since its the second to last event on the tour I wouldn't expect more than the top 3 in points to be there anyway.

jr29
07-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Not any different then when they go to Oakshade for the finale. As long as the track is the same sanction as the series then they should be allowed a chance to host an event. The event at Merritt is actually a 3 day show. One night is just for SN tour. Guys can stay and race the rest of the weekend or move on. Since its the second to last event on the tour I wouldn't expect more than the top 3 in points to be there anyway.

Good points. I honestly do see both sides of it and old fan probably nailed it with his last post.

rickybrown1952
07-13-2016, 09:01 PM
What a dumb observation. Since when hasn't MI been in the Midwest?Are u kidding me right me right now this track is a short distance from crossing into Canada don't think that is the Midwest too much travel distance for most drivers

hoosier race fan
07-13-2016, 09:04 PM
When there are only 4-5 cars that follow the whole tour and car counts for several races are less than a full field, that's a sign that it's time to change some things. The problem is that the tour promoters have to feel like change is needed, and I'm not sure they do. The sprint car speedweeks in Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are all very successful. If they could do something like that where people would take a whole week and follow the tour that would get more of a following than they have right now. Or maybe just race Thursday through Sunday for 5 weeks and have the off days to use for make up dates. 20 races total.

MI Dirt Fan
07-13-2016, 09:05 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States

Like I said. Its not any different that going to Oakshade.

cgrace
07-13-2016, 09:54 PM
the wholething needs redone. the guys followingdont get towmoney. sothey jsut drove from ILLinois speont $$$ on gas and got zero

old fan
07-13-2016, 09:55 PM
and none of the guys from central ill or Indiana will go to Oakshade either

MI Dirt Fan
07-13-2016, 09:59 PM
I'm just trying to understand how he thinks that just because a certain track is roughly 3 hrs from Canada that the state isn't part of the region.

We all know UMP is in to make money for itself and doesn't care about its drivers.

old fan
07-13-2016, 10:01 PM
its 628 miles for guy to travel from south of st louis to lake city mi its about 460 to oakshade

MI Dirt Fan
07-13-2016, 10:02 PM
and none of the guys from central ill or Indiana will go to Oakshade either

No they won't. Its too close to Canada via Detroit.

old fan
07-13-2016, 10:03 PM
I'm just trying to understand how he thinks that just because a certain track is roughly 3 hrs from Canada that the state isn't part of the region.We all know UMP is in to make money for itself and doesn't care about its drivers.it might part of region but its not practical for most of the guys on the tour heck it 3 hour and 40 minutes from oakshade

MI Dirt Fan
07-13-2016, 10:42 PM
No ones forcing them to. If they can afford to run the whole tour they can drive to MI. I'm not expecting no more than the top 2 or 3 in points. About the same as I96 would get if they had an event. This argument would be valid if the event was 2 weeks ago. I was surprised i96 didn't have one.

The last time I went to Merritt, Tmac was there and showed them what a real LM was. I'm still taking the field though.

old fan
07-13-2016, 10:50 PM
well t mac won't be there

MI Dirt Fan
07-13-2016, 10:59 PM
No $hit Sherlock

LM1
07-14-2016, 12:24 AM
The reason only 4 guys follow the series are travel and tires. The travel is too demanding geographically, it simply costs too much to get from one race to the next - the schedule needs to be redone. I was hoping more drivers would drop in for the weekly point fund but that didn't seem to work real well.The soft tire rule is another deterrent. Having to buy new LR and RF adds up. When you look at travel costs and tire bill you have eaten up the $500 start money.There has to be some type of attendance bonus for the regulars who follow the series. Maybe Hoosier could give them a free tire each night.

Highside Hustler25
07-14-2016, 10:38 AM
Yes Mi Dirt Fan, Michigan is Midwest.

The on e thing I'll say, if they are going to go that far up into Mi. , they need to make it a whole week deal. I'm not sure if their are that many tracks to support that idea but that is a lot of miles for a few races.

With 2 out of 3 getting washed, that's a tough fuel ticket for just one race.

adn
07-14-2016, 11:04 AM
Brownstown to Kankakee = 3.5hrs
Kankakee to Cedar Lake = 6.5hrs
Cedar Lake to Wilmot = 5hrs
Jacksonville to Farley = 4hrs
Springfield to Fayette Co = 4.5hrs
Shady Hill to Merritt = 4.5hrs
Merritt to Oakshade = 4hrs

There are long drives through the whole tour, its just part of it.

jensenracing18
07-14-2016, 11:37 AM
sure the rain outs suck for this swing in the tour but going from shady hill to Merrit, Merrit to oakshade is about average or below travel for the entire tour, I don't see the issue? nobody is heading home after most of these back to back races anyways... could stay at Merritt for woodtic for another $5,000 to win Friday/Saturday show or travel with the hell tour to the shade for a $5,000 to win Friday show and a $10,000 to win Saturday show.. nobody can predict weather...

ILRaceFan007
07-14-2016, 12:06 PM
My little plan:

East and West Divisions. East: Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee and Kentucky tracks. West: Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Minnesota. 20 races, 4 per week for five week, Thursday through Sunday, in both divisions.

For the guy that said "no more than $20 admission"...YOU come and run a track and pay the 10k to win SN purse and charge $20 then, okay, buddy? Stop it. Lernerville charged 40 for the PRELIM nights of the Firecracker, and 60 for the final night. $25 or even $30 for 10k to win with a great car count is totally acceptable.

But back to the tour: 20 races, Thursday-Sun, for five weeks for each division. Thursday and Sunday can do the 7500 to win purse if they choose (preferably would be like Farley and Spoon River, though, and willing to pay 10k on a weeknight...kudos to those tracks) and Fri/Sat 10k to win purses. Shorten feature fields to 16 with 2 provisionals, pay 750 to start with money saved on back end.

Weekly points bonus funds are fine, they can stay. Top 25 finishers in each division invited to one big 2 day show to crown an overall tour champion...and since everybody drools over FALS, they get to host the first one. $10 to win "B" Main (no transfers) to wrap up Friday night show, $25k to win Saturday night 100 lap main event, 20 car field, with 2500 to win "last chance" for guys who finished outside of top 10 or didn't make it in Friday's B-main. So you'd have a 20 car, 40 lap B-main Friday. Top 10 are done for the weekend. 11-20 in B-main and non-qualifiers for B-main run last chance feature on Saturday, then 20 cars for 25k to win. 50 best midwest late models all in one place. If FALS wants to invite everyone else and add a third day, or add more racing to Fri/Sat, that would be totally cool.

Rules? That's for the tech guys to work out, I'm just trying to help the promoters.

Oh, one more thing: MAXIMUM three classes at any one track for these shows. Supers, Mods and one more, track choice. Again, kudos to the tracks who only ran two classes and took time to work the track while sacrificing back gate from "supporting" classes. Having 4 or 5 divisions on Summer Nationals night is just a money grab, nothing more, and more often than not leads to a long, long show with a poor track. So preferably just the two main classes, one support class max allowed. Tracks that can't deal with that rule? Fine, have a good summer.

This is just a start. No go ahead and bash away. :)

hoosier race fan
07-14-2016, 06:19 PM
Despite being halfway to the north pole, I think Merritt has a place on the tour. A lot of Michigan cars showing up tonight and over 30 cars in both the late models and modifieds.

IZZOJR16
07-14-2016, 06:24 PM
Have too disagree .. I think they need more tracks in more states.. and only the bigger tracks in Ill..Run it on Thur,Fri. Sat. Sun. go for 5 or 6 weeks.. 20 to 24 races 10grand each.. 20bucks to get in No more......Last race is 20 grand and you have to have run in 8 races to get in that one....20 grand to the points winner... If you only have like 9 cars that have run in 8 then add the cars that have run in 7 then add the cars that run in 6 then stop...If you only have 15 cars so be it ...Then they are all SN cars.......Make it were the drivers Want too go...... Add this: have a 5grand race for all the other SN cars on the last race....... LOVE YOUR IDEA, Ive been of the same mindset for some years now as well.

rickybrown1952
07-14-2016, 06:28 PM
My little plan: East and West Divisions. East: Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee and Kentucky tracks. West: Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Minnesota. 20 races, 4 per week for five week, Thursday through Sunday, in both divisions.For the guy that said "no more than $20 admission"...YOU come and run a track and pay the 10k to win SN purse and charge $20 then, okay, buddy? Stop it. Lernerville charged 40 for the PRELIM nights of the Firecracker, and 60 for the final night. $25 or even $30 for 10k to win with a great car count is totally acceptable. But back to the tour: 20 races, Thursday-Sun, for five weeks for each division. Thursday and Sunday can do the 7500 to win purse if they choose (preferably would be like Farley and Spoon River, though, and willing to pay 10k on a weeknight...kudos to those tracks) and Fri/Sat 10k to win purses. Shorten feature fields to 16 with 2 provisionals, pay 750 to start with money saved on back end. Weekly points bonus funds are fine, they can stay. Top 25 finishers in each division invited to one big 2 day show to crown an overall tour champion...and since everybody drools over FALS, they get to host the first one. $10 to win "B" Main (no transfers) to wrap up Friday night show, $25k to win Saturday night 100 lap main event, 20 car field, with 2500 to win "last chance" for guys who finished outside of top 10 or didn't make it in Friday's B-main. So you'd have a 20 car, 40 lap B-main Friday. Top 10 are done for the weekend. 11-20 in B-main and non-qualifiers for B-main run last chance feature on Saturday, then 20 cars for 25k to win. 50 best midwest late models all in one place. If FALS wants to invite everyone else and add a third day, or add more racing to Fri/Sat, that would be totally cool. Rules? That's for the tech guys to work out, I'm just trying to help the promoters.Oh, one more thing: MAXIMUM three classes at any one track for these shows. Supers, Mods and one more, track choice. Again, kudos to the tracks who only ran two classes and took time to work the track while sacrificing back gate from "supporting" classes. Having 4 or 5 divisions on Summer Nationals night is just a money grab, nothing more, and more often than not leads to a long, long show with a poor track. So preferably just the two main classes, one support class max allowed. Tracks that can't deal with that rule? Fine, have a good summer. This is just a start. No go ahead and bash away. :)Now that I think is a very good Idea I would like to see that happen

MI Dirt Fan
07-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Despite being halfway to the north pole, I think Merritt has a place on the tour. A lot of Michigan cars showing up tonight and over 30 cars in both the late models and modifieds.

32 mods 34 LM

rickybrown1952
07-14-2016, 07:27 PM
Very good car count

old fan
07-14-2016, 08:01 PM
No ones forcing them to. If they can afford to run the whole tour they can drive to MI. I'm not expecting no more than the top 2 or 3 in points. About the same as I96 would get if they had an event. This argument would be valid if the event was 2 weeks ago. I was surprised i96 didn't have one.The last time I went to Merritt, Tmac was there and showed them what a real LM was. I'm still taking the field though.seems funny dirtondirt says it was Tim Fuller

MI Dirt Fan
07-14-2016, 08:03 PM
Its wrong. It was Tmac. How long do you want to argue about this one now?

old fan
07-14-2016, 08:13 PM
I believe dirtondirt

old fan
07-14-2016, 08:15 PM
http://www.latemodelracer.com/cgi-bin/yabb3/YaBB.pl?num=1376800972/0

MI Dirt Fan
07-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Wrong event. Wrong year.

http://m.houghtonlakeresorter.com/news/2008-06-19/sports/063.html#.V4g4Q8opDqA

old fan
07-14-2016, 08:35 PM
got me big deal what do you want a cookie and tonight bobby will put a smack down like no other

MI Dirt Fan
07-14-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm not the one making a big deal. You wanted to start a argument and I provided the facts.

Highside Hustler25
07-14-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm not the one making a big deal. You wanted to start a argument and I provided the facts.

You realize your dealing with a 4 year old.

kidrock
07-14-2016, 09:15 PM
I like to see them Run Thursday - Sunday with Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as rain out dates. 4 weeks with the points winner for each week getting 30,000 and top 10 or 20 in points for each week getting a free hoosier tire. With each show paying 7,500 to win 11 - 15 getting 1,000 to start and 16 - 20 getting 500 to start.

old fan
07-14-2016, 09:16 PM
You got the money kidrock sam would be happy with it

MI Dirt Fan
07-14-2016, 09:26 PM
Yep. Sad part though is its worse. You can block him but it still shows that he makes a post.

kidrock
07-14-2016, 09:26 PM
You got the money kidrock sam would be happy with it

No but, between WRG and Hoosier they do. They need to start making it worth the while for drivers to either follow the tour or for more to drop in for a week or two

old fan
07-14-2016, 09:42 PM
no they need to a tour that cuts down on on the road mileage and that is world racing group not woo

MI Dirt Fan
07-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Litey, just log out and go find something else to do

kidrock
07-14-2016, 10:02 PM
no they need to a tour that cuts down on on the road mileage and that is world racing group not woo

ok then the wrg has the money is that better

rickybrown1952
07-14-2016, 10:04 PM
SN win goes to unzicker then pierce,feger

old fan
07-14-2016, 10:09 PM
but you are forgetting 2 things the tracks thats been on the schedule for many a year and some drivers like certain tracks over others

MI Dirt Fan
07-14-2016, 10:15 PM
SN win goes to unzicker then pierce,feger

I was wondering if they were going to get it in. Should be raining there soon.

fryefan
07-14-2016, 11:42 PM

I think you are giving him too much credit.

MI Dirt Fan
07-15-2016, 12:00 AM
I put him on the ignore list. Hard to say if he is being for real or if it's just an act. The latter wouldn't surprise me. They took care of it atleast once and he came back and they allow it along with the dozen or so other handles he has on here.

Clayton_Wetter
07-15-2016, 01:57 PM

He's actually still three for another eight months.

Clayton_Wetter
07-15-2016, 01:59 PM
Litey, just log out and go find something else to do

Like maybe hop scotch on the sidewalks/??

racenut
07-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Back when John Gill was one of the top drivers, he said that he had to drive past Mt. Vernon IL race track 6 times during the summmernationals before getting to race there.....of course that was more than 20 years ago....some things never change.....