PDA

View Full Version : Best car you have Owned

Cardirt0
07-12-2016, 09:52 PM
I had a 70 AMX 390 Penske Hurst with side pipes ram air Hood 2 tone,,,1 of 8 made.. wish I had it to day In fair c would be worth over 200000 bucks.. man that was a car.. 1 of only 2 new cars I have Owned..

Cardirt0
07-12-2016, 09:59 PM
Best truck I have Own was a 65 GMC Van had a stroked 337 Chevy with a Tunnel ram.. roller cam and it would pull 6 foot Wheelys run 10.15 in the 1/4 mile.. Bad a$$ van....

rickybrown1952
07-12-2016, 10:21 PM
1965 candy apple rad GTO 400 full race cam 3 duces positive traction 4 speed

Aces&Eights
07-12-2016, 10:23 PM
1978 Pontiac Formula Firebird, got it for graduating High school and it had a blown engine. Spent the summer earning money to build/rebuild it.
350 .030, double humps, Reed 280 Torque Master cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM, Carter AFB carb.
Not crazy fast, but surprising. Had it up over 140 mph a couple times and she was still pulling. I miss that car, I sold it way too cheap. She was surprisingly easy on gas but she did need premium.

Barbecueboy
07-12-2016, 10:28 PM
Best car ever owned is a very modest1999 Isuzu rodeo 5 spd 4wd..........truly the ride I could not kill and took very little maintenance that I couldn't do.

Drove it as a father raising two active kids.......

Not very manly,huh?

Aces&Eights
07-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Best car ever owned is a very modest1999 Isuzu rodeo 5 spd 4wd..........truly the ride I could not kill and took very little maintenance that I couldn't do.

Not very manly,huh?

At least it was an SUV and not a station wagon.

Barbecueboy
07-12-2016, 10:38 PM
At least it was an SUV and not a station wagon.

We did have a Nissan Maxima wagon..........and to be honest, thing was bad a$$ loaded and we drove the crap out of it too.

Believe it was an 87 if not mistaken.

Cardirt0
07-12-2016, 10:40 PM

Not very manly,huh?

Your best car Is by Your choice... A friend had a Pinto and he loved that car..His Mom made him sale it when the Gas tank thing came up .. He cried I mean He Cried for real...

Zero2Hero
07-12-2016, 10:48 PM
'87 Camaro. Only thing that was cool were the 2 15" subs in the back. Was great until a blew out the glass on the lift gate.

Car Biz
07-12-2016, 10:57 PM
1990 mustang notch 347 Canfield heads 250 shot Butch Hixson assembled. 10.09 @140.29 on Hoosier dirt bosses

Cardirt0
07-12-2016, 11:05 PM
1990 mustang notch 347 Canfield heads 250 shot Butch Hixson assembled. 10.09 @147.29 on Hoosier dirt bosses

Hixson does a good motor

Cardirt0
07-12-2016, 11:10 PM
'87 Camaro. Only thing that was cool were the 2 15" subs in the back. Was great until a blew out the glass on the lift gate.

My old car Cavaler drift car For Sale (Still have it) has 2 15s on 2 amps 4 6by9 2 5by7 in the doors.. never brock Glass but some thing all was is lose...

Car Biz
07-12-2016, 11:12 PM
Hixson does a good motor

The only Ford he ever put together

Really pissed off Ron Anderson!

zyoung25
07-13-2016, 12:44 AM
I had 94 2.2 4 cylinder Beretta that was an absolute tank. You couldn't get that thing stuck anywhere, got good fuel milage, and rode great. You could barely hear the thing running, it had that typical 2.2 tick, but other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. I miss that old piece, it was a great work car.

My lightning has treated me well too. I really love the sound of that surpercharger. It's kinda hard to keep your foot out of it.

Bob Hubbard
07-13-2016, 04:00 AM
I had a 1965 - 440 rambler conv ( red ) with a white top when I first got married .... I remember it had 2 spots on either side of the 6 cyl engine .... I think it was also put in a boat & could run the other direction ....Rebuit the motor & trans & had a new top put on it .... When my wife n I split she sold the car ... Broke my heart loosing that car .... Didnt miss the wife too much as I recall ....

JK4745
07-13-2016, 07:35 AM
My favorite car I ever had was a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am. It had a 455 and was pretty bad ass. But the 2 best vehicles I've had are 1999 Gmc pickup and 2001 Gmc one ton van. The pickup had 300,000 miles when I got rid of it and the van has 348,000 miles on it and still is my work van driven Dailey.

allWIS1
07-13-2016, 07:42 AM
1980 Z28 Camaro silver with 4 speed. Traded it in for a Monte Carlo when I got married, wife needed an automatic.

W2Racing09
07-13-2016, 10:23 AM
My first car was a 2001 Ford Focus (I got it in 2007) and that thing was a champion. I rear ended a van at 50 MPH and rebuilt it from a car I found at the scrap yard. I rolled it onto its side after after trying to drift in a snowstorm and going over a snow bank. I still got 100k out of it in the 3-4 years I had it, and the only maintenance was fixing stuff that I broke myself. Then when it finally had a somewhat terminal issue (It was severely damaged from a house fire at the house next door to my old apartment) I brought it out into a field and took jumps with it and everything and I still couldn't kill it. Eventually we entered it into an enduro race where you had to sign over your car as the entry fee (the track made money by scrapping all the cars and it paid $3000 to win, had like 80 cars) and it ran for like 130 laps out of 200 but ended up getting blind sided by a 1995 Ford Taurus wagon - what a horrible way to die.

Barbecueboy
07-13-2016, 10:30 AM
My first car was a 2001 Ford Focus (I got it in 2007) and that thing was a champion. I rear ended a van at 50 MPH and rebuilt it from a car I found at the scrap yard. I rolled it onto its side after after trying to drift in a snowstorm and going over a snow bank. I still got 100k out of it in the 3-4 years I had it, and the only maintenance was fixing stuff that I broke myself. Then when it finally had a somewhat terminal issue (It was severely damaged from a house fire at the house next door to my old apartment) I brought it out into a field and took jumps with it and everything and I still couldn't kill it. Eventually we entered it into an enduro race where you had to sign over your car as the entry fee (the track made money by scrapping all the cars and it paid $3000 to win, had like 80 cars) and it ran for like 130 laps out of 200 but ended up getting blind sided by a 1995 Ford Taurus wagon - what a horrible way to die.

The enduro story.........awesome.

The focus went out in a blaze of glory.

Josh Bayko
07-13-2016, 10:46 AM
I had an 86' Cutlass Ciera station wagon with the faux woodgrain on it. The car was a tank. 18 year old me thought it would be funny to tint the windows on it. Then I thought it would be even funnier to lower it. Then, after it was lowered, the stock wheels looked silly, so I got some alloy tuner wheels. The headliner fell down, so I put some shag carpeting up in it's place.

It was gaudy as hell, but I loved that car. When it finally quit running, I was sad, but it was time to move on.

Someday in the future, I'd like to build a twin turbo all wheel drive fire-breathing monster of an 86' Cutlass Ciera Wagon.

Barbecueboy
07-13-2016, 11:02 AM
I had an 86' Cutlass Ciera station wagon with the faux woodgrain on it. The car was a tank. 18 year old me thought it would be funny to tint the windows on it. Then I thought it would be even funnier to lower it. Then, after it was lowered, the stock wheels looked silly, so I got some alloy tuner wheels. The headliner fell down, so I put some shag carpeting up in it's place.

It was gaudy as hell, but I loved that car. When it finally quit running, I was sad, but it was time to move on.

Someday in the future, I'd like to build a twin turbo all wheel drive fire-breathing monster of an 86' Cutlass Ciera Wagon.

This thread is going to be better than the Rasslin thread...........sounds like you had the cool version of the family truckster that made it to Wally World.

I got a hand me down Oldsmobile omega from my parents to drive in college.......front wheel drive, landau top.

I tinted the windows as dark as I could, put some moon discs from JC Whitney On it and bolted the surf racks on it to get back and forth to the beach with the surfboards......

Car took some mega abuse but did what I needed it to do at the time.......early 80s

Josh Bayko
07-13-2016, 11:19 AM
This thread is going to be better than the Rasslin thread...........sounds like you had the cool version of the family truckster that made it to Wally World.

I got a hand me down Oldsmobile omega from my parents to drive in college.......front wheel drive, landau top.

I tinted the windows as dark as I could, put some moon discs from JC Whitney On it and bolted the surf racks on it to get back and forth to the beach with the surfboards......

Car took some mega abuse but did what I needed it to do at the time.......early 80s

It was more or less this, but mine was gray with red interior. I called her cuddles.

MBR Performance
07-13-2016, 11:34 AM
1971 AMC Javelin SST 360

Cardirt0
07-13-2016, 11:54 AM
Just proves that People that like Hot Rods.. there best car is not a HOT ROD ..But just a Cool car to THEM.. Dont need a big motor.. just Needs too be something only they Like... So cool.......

CIRF
07-13-2016, 11:54 AM
I came to realize this is not a thread about our favorite cars, or the ones that we are most fond of but more the cars that got the job done on the fewest dimes.

In my case that car would be a 1976 Monte Carlo. I bought it used, several years old with around 35,000 miles on the clock. It was maroon with a 305 2 barrel. Had all the whistles and bells of that era. I sold a beautiful 1972 Nova Super Sport to buy the Monte and have mixed feelings about that to this day. My girlfriend at the time couldn't stand not having air conditioning and the ride qualities of the Nova were a bit harsh for her taste.

I drove the wheels off of that Monte Carlo at a time when I had very little money to spend on auto parts and repair bills. Mile per mile that old Monte cost me less than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

I must admit, prior to it becoming a bit outdated and worn the ladies liked the posh velour seats, nice ride and the killer stereo I put in it, but the chick that pushed me to sell the Nova didn't last and I've always wondered what I'd have made of the Nova SS.

Cardirt0
07-13-2016, 12:01 PM
I came to realize this is not a thread about our favorite cars, or the ones that we are most fond of but more the cars that got the job done on the fewest dimes.

In my case that car would be a 1976 Monte Carlo. I bought it used, several years old with around 35,000 miles on the clock. It was maroon with a 305 2 barrel. Had all the whistles and bells of that era. I sold a beautiful 1972 Nova Super Sport to buy the Monte and have mixed feelings about that to this day. My girlfriend at the time couldn't stand not having air conditioning and the ride qualities of the Nova were a bit harsh for her taste.

I drove the wheels off of that Monte Carlo at a time when I had very little money to spend on auto parts and repair bills. Mile per mile that old Monte cost me less than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

I must admit, prior to it becoming a bit outdated and worn the ladies liked the posh velour seats, nice ride and the killer stereo I put in it, but the chick that pushed me to sell the Nova didn't last and I've always wondered what I'd have made of the Nova SS.

This is a lesson for you young Kids ...If you have a Car and a Girl friend.. KEEP the Car.. you can get a new Girl F but when the car is Gone it is Gone ....LOL

Cardirt0
07-13-2016, 12:40 PM

72 SS Nova sell for 50000 to 125000 buck on how nice and witch Options..seen one on baraids for 78000 buck on one of there shows.. Was a investment....

CIRF
07-13-2016, 12:48 PM
This is a lesson for you young Kids ...If you have a Car and a Girl friend.. KEEP the Car.. you can get a new Girl F but when the car is Gone it is Gone ....LOL
Cardirt0, in this case things turned out pretty well. LOL! I've been happily married to the same fine lady for 25 years and I don't even know where the woman is that talked me into getting rid of the Nova.

Here's the real kicker of the whole deal. My Wife's father bought a bright red C4 LT-4 Corvette new back in 1996. For the past 20 years her Dad has assured her that when he was done with the Vette' it would be hers. Well, this past February while we were visiting the Wife's parents in Florida during Speedweeks he gave her the signed title and handed her the keys and said "it's time, have fun!". Now, I really did love that old Nova but I'm thinkin' that due to marrying well I came out on the winnin' side of the whole thing.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-13-2016, 01:09 PM
1971 amc javelin sst 360

thats a sweet ride!

CIRF
07-13-2016, 01:18 PM
72 SS Nova sell for 50000 to 125000 buck on how nice and witch Options..seen one on baraids for 78000 buck on one of there shows.. Was a investment....I doubt the one I had would fetch that much, Cardirt0. It had the 350 with a single Rochester Quadrajet which was only rated at 200 HP and 300 ft lbs. of torque. It was a Turbo 350 automatic and just a 10 bolt rear end. However, it did have posi-traction. The 350 4 barrel was the highest horsepower engine available in the Nova SS in 1972. It had the rally suspension, the in dash factory tachometer and the gauges in the console but no air conditioning, no sun roof and most important, it wasn't a 4 speed car and I didn't have the original rally wheels that came on the car new. It had Keystone Kustom Mags on it when I bought it. I traded those out for a set of American Mags fully polished. 10" on the back with 7" on the front. Had to run Gabriel Hi-Jackers to keep the rear fender openings off the tires, thus the harsh ride my sweetie didn't like! LOL!

What this car had going for it was it was purchased new and driven up until the time I bought it by a young lady who drove the car very conservatively and she didn't put many miles on it. Thus, it was in very, very good condition. No rust and never had been crashed. I still get just a bit misty eyed when I look at pictures of it after I put the American mags on it. It really had a lot of potential given the abundant and reasonably priced after market performance equipment available for that engine combination.

Cardirt0
07-13-2016, 01:22 PM
Cardirt0, in this case things turned out pretty well. LOL! I've been happily married to the same fine lady for 25 years and I don't even know where the woman is that talked me into getting rid of the Nova.

Here's the real kicker of the whole deal. My Wife's father bought a bright red C4 LT-4 Corvette new back in 1996. For the past 20 years her Dad has assured her that when he was done with the Vette' it would be hers. Well, this past February while we were visiting the Wife's parents in Florida during Speedweeks he gave her the signed title and handed her the keys and said "it's time, have fun!". Now, I really did love that old Nova but I'm thinkin' that due to marrying well I came out on the winnin' side of the whole thing.
A nice car is great ,, but ant nothing better then the love of a Woman.....

Cardirt0
07-13-2016, 01:26 PM
I doubt the one I had would fetch that much, Cardirt0. It had the 350 with a single Rochester Quadrajet which was only rated at 200 HP and 300 ft lbs. of torque. It was a Turbo 350 automatic and just a 10 bolt rear end. However, it did have posi-traction. The 350 4 barrel was the highest horsepower engine available in the Nova SS in 1972. It had the rally suspension, the in dash factory tachometer and the gauges in the console but no air conditioning, no sun roof and most important, it wasn't a 4 speed car and I didn't have the original rally wheels that came on the car new. It had Keystone Kustom Mags on it when I bought it. I traded those out for a set of American Mags fully polished. 10" on the back with 7" on the front. Had to run Gabriel Hi-Jackers to keep the rear fender openings off the tires, thus the harsh ride my sweetie didn't like! LOL!

What this car had going for it was it was purchased new and driven up until the time I bought it by a young lady who drove the car very conservatively and she didn't put many miles on it. Thus, it was in very, very good condition. No rust and never had been crashed. I still get just a bit misty eyed when I look at pictures of it after I put the American mags on it. It really had a lot of potential given the abundant and reasonably priced after market performance equipment available for that engine combination.

If its SS it Gold the one that sold was only a 350 no 4 speed but all the Number matched Good paint was real Clean...Dont need too be a Hot rod just not a lot of them made.. Yours was not a lot of them made...
Yea the Nova did not have a lot of room for tires on of the bad thing on the car...

Krooser
07-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Jig-a-Low chassied '69 Mustang...

CIRF
07-13-2016, 01:36 PM
If its SS it Gold the one that sold was only a 350 no 4 speed but all the Number matched Good paint was real Clean...Dont need too be a Hot rod just not a lot of them made.. Yours was not a lot of them made...
Yea the Nova did not have a lot of room for tires on of the bad thing on the car...

The one I had satisfied all the criteria you list. The drivertrain was 100% numbers matching, none of it had ever been apart and the paint was relatively good. The only flaw was that the original paint on the hood was starting to chalk a bit when I got rid of it. It had those fake louvers on the hood that looked like valve covers. Never quite understood what statement Chevy was trying to make by putting those things on the hood.

Bubstr
07-13-2016, 02:30 PM
1949 Ford Business coupe. My first car I bought for a hundred bucks and it went threw a bunch of engine changes.Mercury crank Offy heads Two carbs, Isky Cam, Lightened Flywheel. It never was fast, by today's standards, but it sure was fun. Speedway motors and Honest Charley's was my friend lol. Had older, newer faster and slower but this was the first and the highs where higher and the lows was more disappointing. You can never replace the first.

Cardirt0
07-13-2016, 02:48 PM
1949 Ford Business coupe. My first car I bought for a hundred bucks and it went threw a bunch of engine changes.Mercury crank Offy heads Two carbs, Isky Cam, Lightened Flywheel. It never was fast, by today's standards, but it sure was fun. Speedway motors and Honest Charley's was my friend lol. Had older, newer faster and slower but this was the first and the highs where higher and the lows was more disappointing. You can never replace the first.

Man o man I had a 1949 Anglia 327 Tunnel ram, Ford floater shorten.. Man You Hurt you Balls driving it cause it scare you death... Was fun too drive .. Do burn outs in fount of high school.. Then go like He!! befor the cops would come.. LOL
Had too add this ... I run too shop hand my shop teacher 5 bucks..Cops would come In, and he swear I been there all day LOL

nuff said
07-13-2016, 03:54 PM
My favorite car out of all of them,probably the 66 GTO. The best car was probably a 87 Subaru Justy AWD 3cyl that I used to commute 107 miles each way every day for 3 plus years to Asheville and back. 40mpg,AWD and could put a 4.3 in the back of it to deliver on the way home if necessary,and it was more than once.

Barbecueboy
07-13-2016, 04:12 PM
I'm kinda partial to the vehichle I'm in now and may end up being my favorite before it's over......

2012 Toyota Tundra crew cab 5.7...rides like a Cadillac ......not real great out of the hole, but smash the gass doing 60 and you better hang on.

Tows pretty good to when I need it to.........

b1eagle
07-13-2016, 04:31 PM
1995 Grt with a 430 Custom Race engine.
It won its 1st race out t Bulls Gap then started 9th in the World 100.

dirtdobber45
07-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Had a 76 SS Nova it would haul the mail lol but my favorite was as 85 s10 v6 4x4 that thing could climb a tree lol miss both of em lol

jlacey
07-13-2016, 06:19 PM
I miss my 03 Tahoe and it killed me to have to get rid of it but i definitely got my moneys worth out of it. Now I have an Altima and out of all the cars/trucks/vans ive had over the years those are my top 2. Cant really pick 1 over the other

Snake X3
07-13-2016, 10:27 PM
A 1969 Olds F-85 with the W-31 package. I got hit head on by a drunk driving surgeon at 9am on my way to college and it was destroyed. I kept it for a couple of years after hoping to one day rebuild it, but never had the money.

Barbecueboy
07-13-2016, 10:43 PM
A drunk driving surgeon is bad , 9:am is just wow.

a25rjr
07-13-2016, 11:03 PM
How bout a truck? 1979 Toyota 4x4. One of the first factory 4x4's in my town. After thousands of dollars on 14" of lift, 17/40 Groundhawgs, dual shocks front and back, chrome everywhere, killer stereo. Man, that truck got me a ton of women back in the day!

Snake X3
07-14-2016, 09:06 AM
A drunk driving surgeon is bad , 9:am is just wow.

The real trip was he was getting off duty, so he must have been drunk at work.

President Clinton
07-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Old Amish Doctor buggy with 2 mule power!!!!!! Suspension sucked but very reliable

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-14-2016, 09:09 PM
How bout a truck? 1979 Toyota 4x4. One of the first factory 4x4's in my town. After thousands of dollars on 14" of lift, 17/40 Groundhawgs, dual shocks front and back, chrome everywhere, killer stereo. Man, that truck got me a ton of women back in the day!

What you thought were woman, were really trannys. I bet when you rode around town you had chewing tabacco stains on both sides of truck!

Good job goober!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-14-2016, 09:11 PM
Old Amish Doctor buggy with 2 mule power!!!!!! Suspension sucked but very reliable

Hello there mr president. Are you excited you might be back in the white house.

Bet u got good memories from there!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Had a 76 SS Nova it would haul the mail lol but my favorite was as 85 s10 v6 4x4 that thing could climb a tree lol miss both of em lol

Too bad they dont miss u!

a25rjr
07-14-2016, 09:48 PM
What you thought were woman, were really trannys. I bet when you rode around town you had chewing tabacco stains on both sides of truck!

Good job goober!!

Son, back in my day, the only trannies I knew of, were.....3 speed on the column, 4 speed on the floor, or an automatic!

rakracing
07-14-2016, 11:02 PM
still have my 72 nova had it since I was 15, 32 years, miss my 05 grt won a lot of races and some big ones also, still have the killed frame cant bring myself to cut it up, best truck I ever had was a chevy avalanche had to trade it to get a dually.

TheJet-09
07-14-2016, 11:49 PM
It'd be a tie between my first vehicle owned, a 1977 Chevy C-10 with a 454 and my 1995 Chevy K-3500 dually I bought new, also with a 454. As a 16 year old I burnt numerous rear tires off that C-10. Put headers and glass packs on it...even repainted it myself despite having no clue how to. Looked like I painted it with a whisk broom, but she ended up Iroc blue! The dually was my pride and joy. A daily driver I used to tow my racecar all over the midwest. Even spent a night or two in it. I loved both of them trucks!

pink floyd
07-15-2016, 03:57 AM
1975 amc pacer

Barbecueboy
07-15-2016, 07:04 AM
1975 amc pacer

That's awesome.

old fan
07-15-2016, 07:11 AM
a AMC pacer I am speechless

old fan
07-15-2016, 07:14 AM
Hello there mr president. Are you excited you might be back in the white house. Bet u got good memories from there! yep probably misses the good times under the oval office desk

Stan Donnit
07-15-2016, 07:25 AM
2015 Acura RDX AWD Pearl White...:cool:

Josh Bayko
07-15-2016, 07:36 AM
2015 Acura RDX AWD Pearl White...:cool:

Those are really sweet vehicles. I currently drive a 2013 CRV, and I'll be looking to upgrade in the next year or so and the RDX is on my radar. So is the Audi Q5.

President Clinton
07-15-2016, 08:30 AM
I am sure the general public will not allow Mrs Clinton screw to them?????
Even I had enough sense not to get screwed by her!!!!!!!
But Trump and I might take a night out on taxpayers dime? lol

TackyTracker
07-15-2016, 08:38 AM
love my Subaru

Josh Bayko
07-15-2016, 11:01 AM
I am sure the general public will not allow Mrs Clinton screw to them?????
Even I had enough sense not to get screwed by her!!!!!!!
But Trump and I might take a night out on taxpayers dime? lol

What da fuq?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Sorry not a car but......

My best ride was a early 70's orange schwin orange crate. Banana seat, frt disc brakes w lil tire on frt. Rear white letters slick tire, 3 speed shifter on ball bar(that hurts). Add ons were frt chrome headlight, tall sissy bar w pad, cards on the spokes w moms closepins lol. It was bad a$s!

a25rjr
07-15-2016, 12:28 PM
Those are really sweet vehicles. I currently drive a 2013 CRV, and I'll be looking to upgrade in the next year or so and the RDX is on my radar. So is the Audi Q5.

Another vehicle for you to consider should be a Nissan Murano. I bought my wife one 2 years ago, V6 275 hp, AWD. Very nice ride and really fast ( I should have guessed that with a 160mph speedometer). Zero problems so far and one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

Josh Bayko
07-15-2016, 01:00 PM
Another vehicle for you to consider should be a Nissan Murano. I bought my wife one 2 years ago, V6 275 hp, AWD. Very nice ride and really fast ( I should have guessed that with a 160mph speedometer). Zero problems so far and one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will put this one on the radar too.

Raceready
07-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Personal car 66 Plymouth Satellite,440 with cam and about every aftermarket bolt on. A real tire shredder ! Favorite family car was a 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera station wagon. Kids loved it for the rear facing seats in the back. It would just keep plowing through the snow drifts clear up to the hood. Had the 4 cyl. Iron Duke engine. The big front seat was just like sitting on a big old sofa.

Bloomerdirtking
07-15-2016, 03:03 PM
74 Z-28 4sp., 78 Trans-Am 4sp., 86 Mustang LX notchback 5.0 5sp., 99 Corvette Z-06 red., 99 F-250 Powerstroke black extended cab long bed with CAI, exhaust, tuner, leveling kit on 305's

Bloomerdirtking
07-15-2016, 03:07 PM
Forgot my Road King which i still got. S&S internals, gear driven cams, forged pistons, crank, heavy breather, H-D race tuner, V&H pro pipe👍

dinkster
07-17-2016, 02:25 PM
67 Mustang,68 Javelin,69 Camaro, 82 Trans Am,73 Satellite,76 Olds cutlass, and my favorite was my 68 plymouth GTX with a 440 motor automatic in the floor. Won a lot of races with it.

427c.i.
07-17-2016, 07:41 PM
69 Camaro and 70 Monte Carlo. Still have both of them.

JimBo
07-19-2016, 10:20 AM
1966 Mustang coupe, 289 factory 4 bbl, 3 speed on the floor. I got it in 1970 when I was 16 years old. Burnt the right rear off in a couple of months. Fun car to drive and the chicks loved it.

Snake X3
07-19-2016, 10:24 AM
Sorry not a car but......

My best ride was a early 70's orange schwin orange crate. Banana seat, frt disc brakes w lil tire on frt. Rear white letters slick tire, 3 speed shifter on ball bar(that hurts). Add ons were frt chrome headlight, tall sissy bar w pad, cards on the spokes w moms closepins lol. It was bad a$s!

Orange Crate. HA! Cherry Crate rules!

Snake X3
07-19-2016, 10:25 AM
67 Mustang,68 Javelin,69 Camaro, 82 Trans Am,73 Satellite,76 Olds cutlass, and my favorite was my 68 plymouth GTX with a 440 motor automatic in the floor. Won a lot of races with it.

Holy crap. I had a '67 Mustang (first car), 68 Olds Cutlass S and a '73 Satellite too.

Bloomerdirtking
07-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Orange Crate. HA! Cherry Crate rules!Everyone in the neighborhood had an Orange or Apple crate or a Lemon Peeler, i was the only one with a Pea Picker!! Mine was cooler since mine was more rare!! haha

Cardirt0
07-19-2016, 10:42 AM
First car 64 impala SS, 4-67 Camaros 2 of them SS, 2-68 Camaros 1 of them SS, 1-69 Camaro, 4-67 SS Chevelles All at the same time, 1-63 Vette, 1-67 Stringray Vet IMSA record holder 4 out of 5 races 4 first Places, 1-49 angla, Just to resale make money 65 Mustang (Dont like Fords).. 1-65 GMC van Big horse Power small block..1-70 AMX, 1-63 Nova Big Motor, 64 Nova wagon Big Motor, 1-1999 Cavaler drift car, Car I drive now 2006 SS Cobolt.. Plus 4 or 5 I have forgot about..Use to Love too Build Big Horse power cars..........

Snake X3
07-19-2016, 12:06 PM
Everyone in the neighborhood had an Orange or Apple crate or a Lemon Peeler, i was the only one with a Pea Picker!! Mine was cooler since mine was more rare!! haha

Pea Picker? I thought you were yanking my chain, but I googled it and sure enough. You learn something new everyday...even about things that happened 45 years ago. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/122046884048?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Bloomerdirtking
07-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Pea Picker? I thought you were yanking my chain, but I googled it and sure enough. You learn something new everyday...even about things that happened 45 years ago. ;)http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/122046884048?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=trueWho said ole dogs can't learn something new!!

Bloomerdirtking
07-19-2016, 02:30 PM
Thanks Snake for the link, really cool. Brought back many memories of poppin wheelies & bangin gears👍

Cardirt0
07-19-2016, 02:30 PM
That thing looks like my old stingray 5 speed .. Hurt my balls on that thing more then once, to were i bent the shiftier way over.. LOL

nuff said
07-19-2016, 02:43 PM
I have owned a LOT of vehicles,V8 S10'S and Rangers,tunnel ram 80 z28,67,8,9 Camaro's,lifted 4x4s,72 big block Roadrunner,66 GTO,and a lot more.But the car that has received the most attention out of all of them is 87 Caprice wagon that I lowered a couple of inches ant tinted the windows and put some exhaust on.Go figure.People love it.This is the 2nd time I have owned it

Snake X3
07-19-2016, 06:08 PM
Thanks Snake for the link, really cool. Brought back many memories of poppin wheelies & bangin gearsŠP

Right on, man. I was talking with my brother about the Crates in the spring and he didn't mention/remember a Pea Picker either. I'll tell him about it later tonight I'll mention it though, so thanks to you too!

MI Dirt Fan
07-19-2016, 06:25 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-alfred-morris-car-1991-mazda-still-drives-071916

XRACER1993
07-20-2016, 05:22 PM
"68" Chevelle, 427 open chamber.. machine work by Sontag Speed Supply.. 13 "oscar's", ticket's..in one year..lol.. over 500+ hp..on the dyno.. back in the early 70"s :-) truck coil's, ladder bars.. !

fastford
07-21-2016, 10:39 AM
a 1995 larry shaw square tube chassis that i put a stock torino snub on it and and won 13 in a row. Now this was a steel head limited class, but it is hard to win 13 in a row in any class or form of racing.

Car Biz
07-21-2016, 01:18 PM
"68" Chevelle, 427 open chamber.. machine work by Sontag Speed Supply.. 13 "oscar's", ticket's..in one year..lol.. over 500+ hp..on the dyno.. back in the early 70"s :-) truck coil's, ladder bars.. !

I remember I believe Chris Sontag had a Chevelle that ran pretty good on the streets. Around the mid ninetys?

A buddy of mine made a memory one night in Joliet on Houlbolt rd and not in a good way!

jog49
03-05-2024, 02:24 PM
First "new" car as a married man . . . 1975 Olds Cutlass Salon. Can't even imagine a more dependable, good riding car.

First "new" car as a single man . . .1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport . . . COPO color and engine.

Best pickup . . . a Chevy LUV (Isuzu) . . . one tough little, inexpensive hombre!

Morgs153
03-05-2024, 02:50 PM
Best car I've ever owned.

I read that as what gave me (and the wife) the best value and dependability for what we put in. When we first got married she had one of those Chevy Novas which was actually a Toyota Corolla with Nova sheet metal. It was little four door with a five speed and it got great mileage and was fun to drive with the manual. I gotta say with all the vehicles we owned through the years that one was a world beater. Other than new tires, oil changes and maybe a new muffler it didn't cost much to operate. We put about 180,000 miles on it and sold it to a kid going to college and he put another gob load of miles on it. We started having kids and just needed bigger. It was a great little ride. Took us to a lot of race tracks too.

After we had a family and had to do the minivan thing we wound up owning a few different ones. Best of the lot was a 2003 Honda Odyssey. That was another low cost to operate and very dependable ride which only required maintenance on consumable items. For a minivan it actually had decent performance from a 3.5 and it handled very well.

Highside Hustler25
03-05-2024, 04:55 PM
Boy, this site has gone down the cr@pper when the only active thread for the day is 10 years old, brought to the top by a spammer.

jog49
03-05-2024, 10:58 PM
Interesting read/reread during the "dead" spot. Flo won't put anything of interest on right now . . . at least to me.

Dirt Clod
03-06-2024, 08:32 AM
Long live the days of Cardirt0! 🏁

Raceready
03-06-2024, 01:53 PM
I would have thought by now that the "KARENS" of 4m would have been out in force several posts ago lobbying for this all to be in the Tailgate section? LOLOLOL

zyoung25
03-06-2024, 05:30 PM
Boy, this site has gone down the cr@pper when the only active thread for the day is 10 years old, brought to the top by a spammer.

It's finally the off season. No news is coming in. I thought this was an interesting read. Seeing some of the old screen names was kind of a flashback.

dirtcrazy4u
03-06-2024, 06:41 PM
Fav. ? Never, give me a couple bucks more than I pd for it and down the road it went. Chevy's with horsepower when gas was cheap and compression was king. The LS motors came out and corvettes where king in my book.
64 vette drop top 327 375 HP boy I was I still had that one. Speed and drum brakes, BAD
65 CP 396 425 HP Humm maybe I should have kept that one
70 LT-1 HUMMM, Naaa.
73 454 to much smog garbage
82 boring automatic
99 C5 took a long break after that 82 kids
2007 Z-O6 atomic orange, what a beast, boy I enjoyed that one, a lot. Top speed, dependent on the size of your marbles
Speed freak, lol, yup.
Taken Me Broke, across the rear taillight panel 1971 split bumper Z-28, 468 cubes all aluminum Merlin big block, 2 sp powerglide, 9" ford with 5.13 gears. Used to drive this one to work. Street racing 1/8 mile back in the day , car made me what was good money back in the day. Remember my first line, after a street race 1 evening guy walked up to me and asked what it would take to buy it. I mentioned cash talks and it would take a lot. The next Friday he showed with a lot of cash. Car went on to 1/8 and 1/4 mile trailer queen for a long and rather successful career.

Top Row Analyst
03-07-2024, 01:28 PM
Definitely my 1988 Yugo GVX Eurosport with the factory aerodynamic body kit for extra downforce... The rear window defroster even kept my hands warm when I was pushing it!

Raceready
03-07-2024, 03:41 PM
76 trans Am, raced it out at Freeport speedway one night when they wasn't open... SmileDid you lay down some pretty lap times ? ?

ZERO25
03-07-2024, 09:08 PM
79 Toyota 4x4
14" lift
17/40 Ground Hawgs!

Raceready
03-08-2024, 09:37 AM
Probably not, but when it came over the police scanner that there was an occupant on the racetrack, after hours, I was hauling the mail down route 20.....At a high rate of gas consumption, I presume ? ?

Raceready
03-08-2024, 07:35 PM
90% of the time it seems like. Gas and getting bailed out was cheap, back then... SmirkFunny that ! I would have never thunk that you had been a Jailbird earlier in life ?

Raceready
03-08-2024, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Rich_Storms;2480920]^Never said they caught me, that time. SmileJust sayin', the penalties were affordable back then...

MADCAPRACING22
03-09-2024, 04:08 AM
1987 Monte Carlo SS fastback. White with burgundy pinstripes and T-tops. Wore that bastard out then totaled it.

d-glenn
03-10-2024, 09:19 AM
1957 Chevy, 2 door hard top, black with red interior, sure wish I had it back...

over4T
03-10-2024, 11:57 AM
Street car- '64 Mercury Marauder fastback, pretty tweaked 390, 4 speed. 3.89 gears, AM radio about the only accessory. Was the scourge of about every GTO, 442, big block Chevelle or Mopar it met in the mid '60s. Would pass everything but a gas station and was a bear to park without even power steering.

Race car- '39 Ford tudor, dirt track terror, killer 8BA flathead, finished on the lead lap every race of around a 40-50 race season with several wins and nearly all top fours. Only racer I ever had that actually ended up in the black for the year. Again mid '60s.