PDA

View Full Version : Hillbilly 100 back to Tyler County Speedway

Pennsboro23
07-14-2016, 11:33 AM
The Hillbilly 100 is coming closer to home, back to the Tyler County Speedway this year. Thank you Carl Short! Country roads take me home.

J. Steve Davis
07-14-2016, 11:38 AM
That's great news for us who like to go racing and camp also!!!!

cumminsman08
07-14-2016, 12:11 PM
What can I expect for camping? Free or reserved I'm putting this on the calendar.. never been there

BIGSTEVE00
07-14-2016, 12:20 PM
What happened to I-77? I haven't heard much about them this year.

WVdirtguy1
07-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Nice! I wonder if it will go back to Pennsboro if the ever get the track finished. by the way if you have a few bucks laying around go to the Pennsboro Speedway page and help them out.

wvkidrocketfan
07-14-2016, 01:21 PM
What can I expect for camping? Free or reserved I'm putting this on the calendar.. never been there

It's not reserved but not free. If you get there early enough (like Monday/Tuesday) you can probably get a site with water and electric. I will try to find out the number to call for prices. I know when I camped last it was $15 a night. They have a decent shower facility. Just not enough stalls. They sold ice there also. You can bring your own wood with you but the last time I went they also had someone selling it too.

Pennsboro23
07-14-2016, 01:45 PM
I can't wait, when the Hillbilly was at Tyler in the 2000's they drew excellent car counts. Car counts aren't everything but it was nice to see 80 late models there. I would assume this show will draw car counts in the 50-60's with all of the regional talent around such as (Dohm's, Hawkin's, Carpenter's, Zeigler, Lake, Doll, Corey Conley, Moran, Carrier etc..)

Jim11h
07-14-2016, 02:52 PM
How many steel blocks expected or average? Anyone know where to get rules?

Drop Shock
07-14-2016, 09:32 PM

I think they had around 65 steelblocks and 40 crates at I-77 last year. Not sure on the rules, it's just done by the track rules I believe

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-15-2016, 05:24 AM
Pretty sure it is basically AMRA lates, but iron block only.

J. Steve Davis
07-15-2016, 07:54 AM

The Tyler county fair board charges $20.00 per night. This money goes to them. Most hook ups are already taken by folks who leave their campers there all year long. But there should be plenty of room to camp and most of it is nice level ground. Keep in mind since it is the Hillbilly 100 there may be a lot more folks camping but I think you should be ok. Come out and enjoy the weekend and watch some good racing!

pink floyd
07-15-2016, 09:21 AM
good news for tim dohm

Pennsboro23
07-15-2016, 09:27 AM
good news for tim dohm

Yes, as well as Jared Hawkins when he has his car ready.

zyoung25
07-15-2016, 03:04 PM
I'm actually motivated to go back to the hillbilly now. I wasn't really pleased with i77 last year, tyler never disappoints.

Dirt Frog
07-15-2016, 09:15 PM
Great track but last time I was there was a dust bowl !!!!

00Hdmn
07-15-2016, 10:02 PM
Great track but last time I was there was a dust bowl !!!!

I get it that people think that Tyler is extra dusty but it really isn't anymore than any other dirt track, the difference is that your right on top of action and its a bull ring and always have the cars turned pushing the dust at the stands, I would gladly eat some dirt to see good racing. Better than train racing so just remember that when your getting a little grit in your teeth.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-17-2016, 08:52 PM
I get it that people think that Tyler is extra dusty but it really isn't anymore than any other dirt track, the difference is that your right on top of action and its a bull ring and always have the cars turned pushing the dust at the stands, I would gladly eat some dirt to see good racing. Better than train racing so just remember that when your getting a little grit in your teeth.

Tracks in that part of the country simply are dustier.

Josh Bayko
07-17-2016, 11:32 PM

No, it's dustier than most, but that's okay because the racing is always badass. Just gotta remember the goggles when you go.

Jim11h
07-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Thanks folks

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Thanks folks

We went in 2014 with a car that normally runs with supers. We didn't have to change anything.

ironboss
07-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Tyler County sounds good to me. Now we just need to get the World of Outlaws to move off that date so all their drivers can come and help build the Hillbilly race back up to the Crown Jewel it once was!

Pennsboro23
07-20-2016, 10:07 AM
Tyler County sounds good to me. Now we just need to get the World of Outlaws to move off that date so all their drivers can come and help build the Hillbilly race back up to the Crown Jewel it once was!

I agree with you there. I would love to see Josh Richards there to battle it out with JD, Bloomer, etc.