PDA

View Full Version : Kings Royal - Dust City!

dirt crow
07-17-2016, 08:30 AM
Pathetic. Just watched the highlights, or what I could see of em. Dust dust and more dust. It's awful. Just burns me up.

golddirt
07-17-2016, 09:01 AM
Attention !!! It's at DIRT track

ClampedUp
07-17-2016, 09:12 AM
I've seen a heck of a lot worse.
Plus it was a pretty good race!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMLkNXfBxic

MI Dirt Fan
07-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Those guys up front were haulin' the mail. I'm not a fan of sprint cars but it seems like more of there races are "dustier" than the normal car races because they're using more of the track rather than a one to one and a half groove track.

dirt crow
07-17-2016, 09:45 AM
Attention !!! It's at DIRT track

Save it....

Clayton_Wetter
07-17-2016, 04:30 PM
Pathetic. Just watched the highlights, or what I could see of em. Dust dust and more dust. It's awful. Just burns me up.

There is no excuse for all of the dust dirt crow. People need to take a stand and speak out, And to those that keep saying it's a dirt track, that is NO EXCUSE. Dirt tracks are only dusty when allowed to be. And those that won't prep a good racing surface will keep doing the same until people quit coming.

It's time to start taking a stand and making a statement.

Nothing makes me more angry about what a lot of promoters, drivers, and owners have turned it into. A bunch of dust bowls where it has become nearly impossible to enjoy the racing. Just for the sake of not having to make the extra effort to make a better racing surface. And the drivers and owners that cry for these blackslick bowls that are smooth as blacktop and help save their equipment, you are being selfish.

The fan count this season would have fallen off greatly if not for the price of gas being so much cheaper. Keep thinking of yourselves though, as longs as enough fans will come and tolerate things as they are so that you can get your way.

Umpdirt1
07-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Something is up with eldora. Been going their for 30 yrs. The last 2 yrs at kings royal, dream u could barely see the track. This isn't how it used to be. Sure you'd get dust during a few heats, but after that you'd get fine dirt when they raced but nothing like recently. Rumor I got was Stewart bought a boat load of cheap dirt over the winter n worked it in the track. If this true what a cheap a**hole. He's f n Makin money hand over fist. I'll guarantee there won't be that issue for the trucks. I've heard nuthing but complaints since the dream on this issue. So it's not. "Oh its a dirt track". If u weren't f n there then you got nuthing to say on this subject.

dirt crow
07-17-2016, 04:55 PM
I hear you Mr Wetter. I'm locked in on some of the best seats in the house. Had em way over a decade. But if the vision from my seat this September is the same as the last 2 Worlds, my World 100 trip money in 2017 will go to summernational events and the PDC or somewhere else. Already planning on a Firecracker Lernerville trip next year as well. Gonna go to tracks where you can actually see the racing. ...And it's a d@mn shame. I love Eldora. There's nothing like it. But when you can't see the action and enjoy it, why go.

dirt crow
07-17-2016, 04:58 PM
Something is up with eldora. Been going their for 30 yrs. The last 2 yrs at kings royal, dream u could barely see the track. This isn't how it used to be. Sure you'd get dust during a few heats, but after that you'd get fine dirt when they raced but nothing like recently. Rumor I got was Stewart bought a boat load of cheap dirt over the winter n worked it in the track. If this true what a cheap a**hole. He's f n Makin money hand over fist. I'll guarantee there won't be that issue for the trucks. I've heard nuthing but complaints since the dream on this issue. So it's not. "Oh its a dirt track". If u weren't f n there then you got nuthing to say on this subject.

Absolutely!!! I'm so sick of hearing dopes say "it's a dirt track, deal with it or don't go". They don't have a clue. Morons.

Clayton_Wetter
07-17-2016, 05:04 PM
I hear you Mr Wetter. I'm locked in on some of the best seats in the house. Had em way over a decade. But if the vision from my seat this September is the same as the last 2 Worlds, my World 100 trip money in 2017 will go to summernational events and the PDC or somewhere else. Already planning on a Firecracker Lernerville trip next year as well. Gonna go to tracks where you can actually see the racing. ...And it's a d@mn shame. I love Eldora. There's nothing like it. But when you can't see the action and enjoy it, why go.

I agree, Eldora is an incredible place, none like it anywhere. But the dust and track prep has ran me off. Been three years now since I went and I miss the place, but they ruined it with the dust, to the point that anger and disgust replaced the enjoyment of being there!

Bubstr
07-17-2016, 05:20 PM
I have seen the dust heavier at that track and others. I don't mind a little dust, but when you have trouble seeing at the track, It's too much. You pay to see a race. When that's not possible, you wasted your money.

Clayton is right about one thing. If the people stop going it will change. It will get better or stop completely. Talking about it here will do very little. There is probably a happy medium between Dust Storm and Wet Car breaker at most of these tracks. I guess if it was easy, all the tracks would have race of the year contenders, every week. No matter what you do in life, Race driver, Doctor, Welder, Track Farmer or Brick layer, Some are better at it than others. Bottom line.

old fan
07-17-2016, 05:22 PM
going this year and seeing how bad it is there was a reason Earl never hot lapped on sat night

old fan
07-17-2016, 05:28 PM
http://www.staywetxtc.com/ use it TONY

tsand
07-17-2016, 05:43 PM
They tried the stay wet at the wools and carolina speedway and it ruined the track. Yea there was no dust but the driver couldn't see for the mud on their shields and the track never would pack down it just rutted out. It was worst than a plowed field. The outlaws said it was the first and last time to use that product.

Clayton_Wetter
07-17-2016, 05:50 PM
I have seen the dust heavier at that track and others. I don't mind a little dust, but when you have trouble seeing at the track, It's too much. You pay to see a race. When that's not possible, you wasted your money.

Clayton is right about one thing. If the people stop going it will change. It will get better or stop completely. Talking about it here will do very little. There is probably a happy medium between Dust Storm and Wet Car breaker at most of these tracks. I guess if it was easy, all the tracks would have race of the year contenders, every week. No matter what you do in life, Race driver, Doctor, Welder, Track Farmer or Brick layer, Some are better at it than others. Bottom line.

And you are right when you say talking about it here doing little good. But even if it's does ANY good, it is worth the try. The fans deserve better and so does the sport.

I don't know a way of getting their attention that is effective. If there was a way of getting the attention of all dirt fans and making this a REAL issue, then I would try it. I am very open to any suggestions on how to do it.

There has to be a better way than to watch fans silently walk away from dusty race tracks and not being noticed or acknowledged for not going back. Yet watch this injustice go on like it doesn't even exist.

I went to my local track for years and there was no dust at all most nights and the cars didn't spin out every other lap because of hard dry slick surfaces. I remember the fresh air also, instead of a dust cloud looming over you all night.

When I see people covering their mouths and heads because of the dust and then the next week they are not there, then I wish the promoter of the track would have seen it too. Trouble is, they don't, so they don't even know they are driving fans off.

Facebook may be the way to go but even that seems to be too localized.

KAOS
07-17-2016, 06:08 PM
Interesting this is what they are Saying on hoseheads (the 4m of sprint car sites)Go to the 2nd page:http://www.hoseheadforums.com/forum.cfm?pageNum_qGetThread=2&ThreadID=101767

Clayton_Wetter
07-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Interesting this is what they are Saying on hoseheads (the 4m of sprint car sites)Go to the 2nd page:http://www.hoseheadforums.com/forum.cfm?pageNum_qGetThread=2&ThreadID=101767

A fringe of fans that like dusty slick races? Not sure what the motive is or who made them posts defending the track conditions.

old fan
07-17-2016, 06:29 PM
Just seen the video the track never took rubber wth

kidrock
07-17-2016, 06:35 PM
I've seen a lot worse races in the dust then that.

dirt crow
07-17-2016, 06:58 PM
What grips me to no end is the truck race, they'll be no dust. So why can't the track prep that goes on for the trucks be the same for the other big races?

KAOS
07-17-2016, 07:08 PM
The Trucks don't go fast enough! Jk

old fan
07-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Yep the trucks don't go fast enough

kidrock
07-17-2016, 07:39 PM
Yep the trucks don't go fast enough

And that just proves you don't have to go fast to put on a good show

old fan
07-17-2016, 08:25 PM
and that just proves you don't have to go fast to put on a good show if you call that a good show i think its a joke and disgrace

old fan
07-17-2016, 08:26 PM
What i don't get about the kings royal no rubber was put down wth

kidrock
07-17-2016, 08:37 PM
if you call that a good show i think its a joke and disgrace

You wouldn't know good racing if it bit you in the azz

dam good show the last 2 years

your a joke and a disgrace lol

kidrock
07-17-2016, 08:39 PM
What i don't get about the kings royal no rubber was put down wth

because they were going to fast to put rubber down lol

old fan
07-17-2016, 08:39 PM
I go to a track like Eldora for speed not some asphalt pos crap going speed slower than a bomber

kidrock
07-17-2016, 08:40 PM
Looked like a heck of a race to me

I agree it was a pretty good race

kidrock
07-17-2016, 08:41 PM
I go to a track like Eldora for speed not some asphalt pos crap going speed slower than a bomber

Tony said he's not going to miss you. he said he would rather you stay home because he doesn't want you tripping over a dirt clod and suing him lol

old fan
07-17-2016, 08:42 PM
thats great with me he get his money come time in september

Krooser
07-17-2016, 08:51 PM
Fans at the weekly shows stay away in droves when they know the joint will be dusty.

Friday night I took in the races at Red Cedar Speedway in Menomonie, WI... the water rig came out three times to calm down the dust between heat races... maybe more. Got dusty in the mains and the crowd got smaller. Great joint to visit BTW...

JK4745
07-17-2016, 09:01 PM
It has been extremely hot and dry this summer here in Ohio. I was at Oakshade this weekend and it was the dryest and dustiest I have ever seen it. I'm not complaining though. The racing was pretty good and I spent the two days with my sons and some great friends. The tracks that are part of the Buckeye late model week this week will also struggle with track prep as it is supposed to be in the mid to upper 90's this week. I still plan on attending as many as work allows.

dirt crow
07-17-2016, 09:06 PM
It has been extremely hot and dry this summer here in Ohio. I was at Oakshade this weekend and it was the dryest and dustiest I have ever seen it. I'm not complaining though. The racing was pretty good and I spent the two days with my sons and some great friends. The tracks that are part of the Buckeye late model week this week will also struggle with track prep as it is supposed to be in the mid to upper 90's this week. I still plan on attending as many as work allows.

It's been dusty for over 2 years. This summers weather has nothing to do with last years dust my friend.

dirt crow
07-17-2016, 09:10 PM
I don't care if tracks wet all night and hammer down or black from top to bottom and slower. I just want to see the racing and not have cars disappearing in and out of the dust.

old fan
07-17-2016, 09:12 PM
start the show later and water it right when sun goes down

vande07
07-18-2016, 09:44 AM
First trip I ever took to Eldora was for the 1986 King's Royal. 9 inches of rain that week leading up to the race and a rainstorm at 6 PM before the race that night. Dust in Hotlaps even though the track was super tacky.

Dust at Eldora isn't a new thing, but newer brighter lighting sure is. That makes what dust there is appear even more than it used to (and consequently harder for fans to see).

Not sure I've ever seen a non-dusty event in the state of Ohio, Lima (super dusty), Attica (dusty), Eldora (dusty), Wayne County (dusty).

Maybe it's the dirt in Ohio, not the track prep....

fuzzyracing
07-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Track was to dusty, Ice Cream was to cold, Hot Dog was to hot, I bet the Beer wasn't flat enough to drink also..... ;-)

CIRF
07-18-2016, 01:12 PM
We went to Terre Haute for the final night of Indiana Sprint week last night and it was hot and breezy. THAT is notoriously dusty but Sarge kept the dust to a minimum with a very good cushion all night and the sun didn't set until the A-main was half over. Sarge also prepares 2 one mile dirt tracks for day racing and I don't remember ever seeing remarkable amounts of dust so there is proof that a track can be prepared for a minimum amount of dust under the most trying of conditions.

We went to Eldora for the World Hundred consecutively from 1984 until 2006, the Kings Royal on 3 different occasions, the late model million, the Mopar Million wingless sprint car race and 10 or 11 Four Crown Nationals and have never seen dust like what was at Eldora for this year's KR.

The Four Crown got rained out on Saturday night 2 years ago and they ran it on Sunday afternoon with sunshine and breezy condtions and the dust was not bad at all so it is possible for Eldora to be relatively dust free. What they did different for the Four Crown day show I have no idea.

Cardirt0
07-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Some people say Will its a Dirt track what do you exp.... I say its NOT a dust track...If I know its a dust track I stay home.. Some dust is OK but a lot of Dust is NOT what i payed for..The thing is we went from wet tracks too dry tracks cause drivers wine and complain..As Wetter says USE the water truck.. Go to Fairbury ITS WET and its track of the year, year after year...Races are great there, And when do you hear of Dust there and its a black dirt track.. You dont Cause Its WET........When you Pay for something YOU do have a right too Wine if its BAD.. OR Dusty
A few years back i brought some friends too a Dirt race for the first time and Man it was Dusty and when we went home they said they never go back so 6 new fans that are not fans now..........Dust over Dirt...

golddirt
07-18-2016, 02:45 PM
Summer nationals was pretty dusty at fairbury, when I go to a dirt track I do not plan on leaving as clean as I went, the worst I ever was was vcs back when the cra ran there ie late 80s

Cardirt0
07-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Summer nationals was pretty dusty at fairbury, when I go to a dirt track I do not plan on leaving as clean as I went, the worst I ever was was vcs back when the cra ran there ie late 80s

Sometimes It just happens, But most of the time there it is not....There will be some dust but Race after race is a track thats Broken... Fairbury 1 in 10 at worst has some dust ,.. If you can not see the track Its time too stop they race and rework the track....

Clayton_Wetter
07-18-2016, 03:29 PM
because they were going to fast to put rubber down lol

Keep showing your smarts there kiddo!!

Clayton_Wetter
07-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Just seen the video the track never took rubber wth

There must not have been any moisture in that track at all to not even take rubber!

Aces&Eights
07-18-2016, 09:20 PM
This is the DLM section, is it not?

blncfn57
07-18-2016, 09:24 PM

smartest thing said on this whole post!!!!! lol

old fan
07-18-2016, 09:27 PM
if you watch the race early on no dust then about half way it turns into dust bowl, he I know take off those dang wings nah that couldn't cause any trouble

CMatich
07-18-2016, 09:30 PM
Been going to the World every year since 1985, numerous Historical Big Ones, Kings Royals, Dreams, Fall Nationals as well as assorted other individual shows. The dust HAS gotten worse and it's not the lighting. Remember the hoopla over the live Kings Royal's on TNN? Earl put up all the new lights for TV and there was no dust seen. Yeah, there's going to be "fines" kicked up, but not being able to see cars is uncalled for and needs to be fixed.

Hate to say it but my Eldora days could be coming to an end. The seats we have are not bothered by the dust as we're under the roof and down the straights, but why deal with it and not see the cars? Have I ever seen bad track conditions there? Yes and that's expected to happen every now and then, but that shouldn't be the norm.

Will others buy my "prime" seats? Sure, but after 30 years of going and who knows how many dollars spent there, I expect more from the track and should never have to consider not going back. I just don't know what has changed and the biggest question is, why?

Saying, what do you expect it's a dirt track, is such a bogus excuse for this topic.

Anyways, good luck to all racers this coming week and stay cool where needed:)

Cardirt0
07-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Well they say when people stop going it will change .. Most of the people I know say I stopped going when they stop watering the track.. I know i dont go mush now cause I am sick... But If I could and the track is Dusty were you cant see all the time I find a new track.....Or just stop going.. I am Lucky i live close to FarmerCity and Fairbury so Some dust (Even then its not bad) now and then.. But not were you cant see....

fryefan
07-19-2016, 12:41 AM
--Video makes it look even dustier than it actually is/was.

--That looked like some really good racing.

--Some of you need to consider going to asphalt races (don't want any dirt on you) and/or drag races (only interested in speed).

old fan
07-19-2016, 05:43 AM
thats very true

buster83
07-19-2016, 08:01 AM
u just never know sometimes walk out of eldora no dust and sometimes u swear u got more dust on you than track has a lot of it which way the wind is blowing,and the line the cars are running.but if u walk down on the track and actually see it before they run it in,after threw the night u second guess yourself did i actually see that.

dmr37
07-19-2016, 08:19 AM
Fairbury smelled like a barnyard this last Saturday. Do they mix in manure for their secret recipe?

MI Dirt Fan
07-19-2016, 08:45 AM
Someone posted somewhere else they weren't going anymore because of the excessive drinking and sea of empty beer cans everywhere.

vande07
07-19-2016, 09:20 AM
if you watch the race early on no dust then about half way it turns into dust bowl, he I know take off those dang wings nah that couldn't cause any trouble

The USAC shows have had plenty of dust as well.

As far as the track taking rubber comment by another poster. Give it another 20 laps and it would have taken rubber and been one lane more than likely....

turnleftandgasit
07-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Fairbury has a large dairy half a mile to the south of the track.

Cardirt0
07-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Fairbury has a large dairy half a mile to the south of the track.

Maybe thats were it started about the Poop on the track That makes the track so good....

Clayton_Wetter
07-19-2016, 04:49 PM
The track prep was already enough poop, let alone put poop on it!

dirt crow
07-20-2016, 11:12 AM

Hell that don't matter no more. I see crate crap on super threads all the time.

dirt crow
07-20-2016, 11:23 AM
--Video makes it look even dustier than it actually is/was.

--That looked like some really good racing.

--Some of you need to consider going to asphalt races (don't want any dirt on you) and/or drag races (only interested in speed).

Once again....gees.....dirt and dust flying don't bother us. I've loved it for 30 plus years. But if can't see the cars, cause they totally disappear, it's a gripe worth making. The video is basically identical from my top row seat between flag stand and turn one. So do you get that? Do you understand? Do you and you other folks really really really comprehend that? Really? ....Sweet Jesus will I have to explain that yet again later?!!! Ridiculous!

Cardirt0
07-20-2016, 11:41 AM
Take a Blind man and see if he likes the dust.. Dust i will live with, Cant see the Cars I will NOT.....
Like I have said be for I like going too dirt races, Dust races were you cant see not so much...

dirt crow
07-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Take a Blind man and see if he likes the dust.. Dust i will live with, Cant see the Cars I will NOT.....
Like I have said be for I like going too dirt races, Dust races were you cant see not so much...

Absolutely! ...and let me say this. If this was Joe Blow Raceway in a town called Rooster Poot I could care less. But it's not. It's Eldora Freaking Speedway!!!! They need to fix the problem NOW!!!!

Cardirt0
07-20-2016, 11:54 AM
Absolutely! ...and let me say this. If this was Joe Blow Raceway in a town called Rooster Poot I could care less. But it's not. It's Eldora Freaking Speedway!!!! They need to fix the problem NOW!!!!

And the Guy that Owns It says he LOVES dirt racing , Not Dust racing , But Dirt Racing.. So its TIME the BIG E fixs this.......Or its time too say the BIG E ant so big e no more......

CMatich
07-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Wow, just watched the Big Block video from last night. Those track conditions were after a 2 hour delay for track prep per Facebook posts. Just don't understand it.

Wonder what tonight will look like..........

Clayton_Wetter
07-20-2016, 04:49 PM
When I heard that Roger Slack from Charlotte Motor Speedway was coming in to GM at Eldora a few seasons ago I thought to myself, now this track is going to be cut up deep and watered plenty. Because that was the way he ran Charlotte. Boy was I 100% dead wrong! Now it's nearly as bad as it can get. But the track is smooth and hard and that is all they are concerned about.

roughride
07-20-2016, 05:26 PM
I was there for the Kings Royal and I don't think it was as bad as the Dream or last years World, but it was still bad. I'm telling you it has nothing to do with the water there, although more wouldn't hurt, the dirt is garbage. It seems like gritty farm dirt. Almost has a sandy consistency. I've been going there for 40 plus years, day races and all and the last 2-3 years are the worst it's ever been, PERIOD!

old fan
07-20-2016, 05:36 PM
Clayton its cut up tonight but lap times are slow slow slow 22 second lap

old fan
07-20-2016, 05:44 PM
No dust either

old fan
07-20-2016, 05:47 PM
Barney craig should have a ride tonight

3 wide
07-22-2016, 08:25 PM
I just watched the big block race at eldora they are going to have to do something I was willing to give them a break on the dream because they raced three nights in a row but when you can't see the cars you got a problem and I know it is eldora but you still got a problem they just put down new clay a year or so ago its got to be in the way they work it I know they like to brag that you can pass on it and race side by side but you also need to see it if you can't watch it don't matter how close they are racing

old fan
07-22-2016, 08:26 PM
which night first might or second night

3 wide
07-24-2016, 06:52 AM
It was the one Tim fuller won.

Highside Hustler25
07-24-2016, 09:22 AM
Fairbury smelled like a barnyard this last Saturday. Do they mix in manure for their secret recipe?

Yes. Locally raised Kilgus Farms manure from Fairbury. You've let the cat out of the bag.

cdustyr1
07-24-2016, 09:29 AM
Yes. Locally raised Kilgus Farms manure from Fairbury. You've let the cat out of the bag.

bring it by the tractor right down the road lol, btw if you are coming for PDC they have good ice cream out there!

old fan
07-24-2016, 09:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duxPJOAn5fU&feature=youtu.be