PDA

View Full Version : Driving the High Line

kfactor239
07-18-2016, 02:05 PM
Ok this is my rookie year. So far I have only driven the bottom of the track. I've gone up to the high line a few times but usually either spin out or almost spin out. So I stay on the bottom. The problem is everyone is passing me on the high line. So what is the trick? Do I want my right rear in the loose dirt? And what exactly is the cushion??? I've been afraid to drive it but halfway through the season I think I need to kick off my training wheels. Assume I know nothing any help would be appreciated. I drive an IMCA Stock Car in Oklahoma I race on two 3/8 tracks one has longer straights but they are pretty close to each other.

Fox_hunter42
07-18-2016, 04:47 PM
cushion is the area where the loose dirt starts. If your car is set right, slide rr up to the birm(cushion), get over into it and it will be a rough ride

JustAddDirt
07-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Sounds like you may need to tighten car up a bit for the bigger arch the high groove provides.
take some stagger out.
the high groove will allow more momentum, so you will not have to back the corner up, roll car on in corner get RR in the good dirt and start applying throttle. Sometimes rolling into throttle is better than hammering it (may be why you spin out)
If there is a cushion, burm or curb, bump the RR against that ledge and keep throttle.

if you have any sort of video showing you driving the track post us a link on here so we can see what you are doing, or not doing. Most of us on here will help you any way we can.