PDA

View Full Version : WVMS Story

World100
07-21-2016, 07:21 PM
Story in Parkersburg news says WVMS will be available for sale or lease in 2017. State is repairing the old tunnel that is under I-77. Maybe someone can bring her back to life someday!

Barbecueboy
07-21-2016, 07:43 PM
That's awesome news.....

BTExpress
07-21-2016, 07:57 PM
I would like to see it, maybe fix the track back to it's original shape to make the portion of the hill side seating usable again.

Barbecueboy
07-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Always wanted to go there .......never thought I would get the chance again.

GEAR_HEAD
07-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Build a replica of Fairbury there and the place will be hugely successful. Then Carl can finally get the DTWC out of Portsmouth.

Drop Shock
07-22-2016, 12:59 AM
Build a replica of Fairbury there and the place will be hugely successful. Then Carl can finally get the DTWC out of Portsmouth.

I always thought should've built a smaller track in the infield so they can run some lower paying races. The big track is just too hard on equipment for most guys to afford

GEAR_HEAD
07-22-2016, 01:29 AM
I always thought should've built a smaller track in the infield so they can run some lower paying races. The big track is just too hard on equipment for most guys to afford

They basically need to scrap the entire big track except for a portion of the frontstretch and build a 1/4 or 3/8 mile. Relocate all of the light poles so that the smaller track is super illuminated and you're back in business. If the track is built right it won't need a guard rail or wall in any of the turns or the backstretch to make racing there even easier on equipment like how Lernerville is set up.

Dirt Draggin
07-22-2016, 10:25 AM
Story in Parkersburg news says WVMS will be available for sale or lease in 2017. State is repairing the old tunnel that is under I-77. Maybe someone can bring her back to life someday!Hey World 100 good to see a post from you again! Some good times there for sure.My favorite night has to be when we " gathered up " all the Hooter girls on the Polaris for a "photo shoot". Any idea where those pics are? "It's all about the GLOBES!"

ironboss
07-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Hope it opens back up. Take it back to the original track layout and then bring the infield in another 50 feet all the way around to shorten it up a little and lets go racing!

BTExpress
07-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Just received the new issue of Dirt Late Model magazine in today's mail. 2 pages of color photos of WVMS as it looks today....I was really surprised on how run down the place looks after only 3 years of not racing????

edavis71
07-29-2016, 10:18 PM
They basically need to scrap the entire big track except for a portion of the frontstretch and build a 1/4 or 3/8 mile. Relocate all of the light poles so that the smaller track is super illuminated and you're back in business. If the track is built right it won't need a guard rail or wall in any of the turns or the backstretch to make racing there even easier on equipment like how Lernerville is set up.

I thought they had chopped the big monster down the last year they raced???

GEAR_HEAD
07-30-2016, 12:09 AM
I thought they had chopped the big monster down the last year they raced???

Not enough and not correctly. They did it as cheaply as possible and made a mess of it.

jlacey
07-30-2016, 12:54 AM
That really sucks. I haven't been since 96 or so but from my memory it was a beautiful facility

edavis71
07-30-2016, 03:31 PM
Not enough and not correctly. They did it as cheaply as possible and made a mess of it.

Sad. Seen some good races there back in the day and loved that terrace hillside seating!!!

chupp n bloomer fan
07-30-2016, 04:31 PM
Sad. Seen some good races there back in the day and loved that terrace hillside seating!!!That hillside seating was awesome.