PDA

View Full Version : Dream Penalty Upheld.

Highside Hustler25
07-23-2016, 06:47 PM
Guilty as charged says WRG.

Finnfan
07-23-2016, 07:43 PM
“Darby, a former chief NASCAR tech inspector, interviewed all five competitors and/or team representatives earlier this week, spoke with DIRTcar officials and visited the testing facility to inspect the testing procedure. He found no evidence to overturn the penalties.”

That statement alone says a lot to me. I remember when John Darby was with NASCAR, his integrity was beyond reproach and no one ever questioned it. The fact that he visited the facilities and inspected the testing procedure gives this much validity in my book. Why would he put his reputation on the line if he wasn't 100% satisfied?

GregA12
07-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Guilty as charged says WRG.

I still don't think suspensions are the answer. Not having extra drivers is taking money out of the pockets of the tracks that choose their sanction...especially considering who it is this time.

Dirt Racing #1
07-23-2016, 08:22 PM
It is what is. Surve the suspension and just move on

427c.i.
07-23-2016, 09:29 PM
I'll still go to the same amount of races with or without these 5 drivers.
Race fan first, fan of individual drivers second.

Tireguy17
07-23-2016, 10:05 PM
Hope Scott puts Jared in his car for the Crown Jewels he is out for.

ptown
07-24-2016, 07:49 AM
I still don't think suspensions are the answer. Not having extra drivers is taking money out of the pockets of the tracks that choose their sanction...especially considering who it is this time.

What do you think would be the answer?

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-24-2016, 07:54 AM
Oh yes. The big names should get a pass.

kidrock
07-24-2016, 08:01 AM

If you really want to stop it it is the answer. You can't play favorites and be serious about enforcing the rules.

nuff said
07-24-2016, 08:25 AM
''IF'',the major sanctioning bodies would get together and honor each others suspensions it would go a long way to help stop whatever cheating is going on.If they had to go 60/90/120 or however many days without being able to find a 10k or more race to be able to compete in I think it would make a big difference.As it is now if WOO suspends you,you just go run the Lucas shows and vice versa.I don't see it happening though.

old fan
07-24-2016, 09:12 AM
how many times can a race team get caught over the years there should be limit of times but like said that would mean all sanctions working together

Highside Hustler25
07-24-2016, 09:27 AM
''IF'',the major sanctioning bodies would get together and honor each others suspensions it would go a long way to help stop whatever cheating is going on.If they had to go 60/90/120 or however many days without being able to find a 10k or more race to be able to compete in I think it would make a big difference.As it is now if WOO suspends you,you just go run the Lucas shows and vice versa.I don't see it happening though.

This is exactly what needs to happen or the problem will NEVER go away.

And I'm with 427. My race schedule won't change because of the penalties. The racers were suspended. Not me.

Dante Toledo, OH
07-24-2016, 07:41 PM
I would love to see these sanctions work together on rules and upholding each other's suspensions. But why is a driver that has been caught cheating by almost every sanction in dirt racing still getting the same penalty as first time offenders? His penalty should be double at a minimum. The guy has had a great career but so did Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong. I for one will be happy to be at the world 100 and have the story be the racing. And not be about some guy trying to run a lexan window with a window net glued to it, or when the scale was last calibrated,or what lab is testing tires. It will just be about 90 guys trying to make the starting field and bring home the globes.

old fan
07-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Amen to that but will kinda miss the drama

fastford
07-25-2016, 04:43 PM
I would love to see these sanctions work together on rules and upholding each other's suspensions. But why is a driver that has been caught cheating by almost every sanction in dirt racing still getting the same penalty as first time offenders? His penalty should be double at a minimum. The guy has had a great career but so did Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong. I for one will be happy to be at the world 100 and have the story be the racing. And not be about some guy trying to run a lexan window with a window net glued to it, or when the scale was last calibrated,or what lab is testing tires. It will just be about 90 guys trying to make the starting field and bring home the globes.

i agree dante, as long as they test ALL 90 of there tires........

plunks7
07-25-2016, 07:12 PM
I hope a LOLMS DRIVER WINS, in fact anybody from BOO WOO finish outside of the top 10!!!!!!

Snake X3
07-25-2016, 08:23 PM
It's great that there are two national touring series, but the chances of a WoO driver finishing top 10 in any big event is pretty much limited to Clanton and Richards. Of course if WRG keep suspending the top drivers outside their series it betters the odds for one of their guys winning. I guess they have to try something to make WoO seem relevant though.

ptown
07-25-2016, 08:32 PM
I hope a LOLMS DRIVER WINS, in fact anybody from BOO WOO finish outside of the top 10!!!!!!

PDC should be a Lucas sanction, that way you know you're going to get the best drivers.

W2Racing09
07-25-2016, 08:56 PM
It's great that there are two national touring series, but the chances of a WoO driver finishing top 10 in any big event is pretty much limited to Clanton and Richards and Shirley and Eckert. Of course if LOLMDS drivers keep cheating/soaking tires it betters the odds for one of the WoO guys winning. I guess they have to try something to keep up with Richards.

Fixed your post for you.

Barbecueboy
07-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Fixed your post for you.
Your as tenacious about Richards as I am about tires.......thats awesome.

old fan
07-25-2016, 10:18 PM
PDC should be a Lucas sanction, that way you know you're going to get the best drivers. yeah since Bloomer BSHEPP AND OWENS FUDGED UP

IZZOJR16
07-25-2016, 10:19 PM
awesome!! nail them cheaters!!

Bubstr
07-26-2016, 08:47 AM
PDC should be a Lucas sanction, that way you know you're going to get the best drivers.

Don't worry ptown, Your favorite, best driver, Bobby Pierce will be there to win it this year. He will make you forget about the missing tire dopers. Devil made me do it.

W2Racing09
07-26-2016, 08:52 AM
Your as tenacious about Richards as I am about tires.......thats awesome.

My posting here has slowed down, but I try to make the few that I do post worthwhile! Just having fun, and for the most part was joking (although I do believe the four drivers mentioned are all legitimately able to finish in the top 10 in National events, and there are more drivers who are capable at times as well).

In actuality I think the gap between LOLMDS and WoO is much smaller than many of us anticipated it would be this season. Sure the WoO has a bunch of drivers that use provisionals, etc. on a regular basis. But that is going to happen, I believe they have 5 or 6 more cars touring with them than the LOLMDS does. If you go top 8 vs top 8 the LOLMDS wins, but those 8 on the WoO are all regional winners, etc.

DarrellGoode
07-26-2016, 11:45 AM
So do you all think this will go to court?

LateModelThunder
07-26-2016, 12:19 PM
i think it is interesting that they changed the end date to 9-13. If we had some weather issues could they have tagged a b-main on Sunday the 12th or raced Sunday if it was complete show? First suspension ended on the 11th

Barbecueboy
07-26-2016, 12:23 PM
So do you all think this will go to court?

According to dod......yes

That's the indication.

golddirt
07-26-2016, 02:19 PM
I like all but one and I still think it should be an automatic one year suspension

Barbecueboy
07-26-2016, 08:11 PM
I like all but one and I still think it should be an automatic one year suspension

If it's 100% certain that they cheated then I 100% agree with you.......and I like them all.

Mams
07-27-2016, 06:49 AM
Was it ever announced whose tires were tested & conformed to standards?

Barbecueboy
07-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Was it ever announced whose tires were tested & conformed to standards?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha..............that's a good one mams.

Great to start the day with some awesome humor.....thanks.

cgrace
07-27-2016, 09:08 AM
wish they could test before race