PDA

View Full Version : Todd Morrow Tops Rome for First win of 2016

Ben Shelton
07-25-2016, 11:54 AM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
July 25, 2016

Todd Morrow Tops Rome for First Win of 2016

Chattanooga, Tennessee (07/25/15) – Sunday night found Todd Morrow Racing​ enjoying the spoils of victory for the first time in 2016. He piloted the Allen’s Pools Motorsports #A11 Crate Late Model to the victory at Rome Speedway.

“This win has been a long-time coming,” said a relieved Morrow. “It’s no big secret that this year has been a tough one. Whether it be mechanical failures or random bad luck, victory lane has just eluded us.”

Morrow went on to say, “I want to thank everyone, who supports us. Joe and Carol Allen are giving me a great opportunity to drive their car. In fact, they have been huge long-time supporters of everything I do. Also want to thank Phillip Baxter for his continued support. Last but not least, Ricky Wagner is another big addition to our team as our new crew chief. I definitely hope things are now on the upswing.”

Behind the wheel of the Allen’s Pool #A11 Crate Late Model, Todd Morrow visited Crossville Speedway​ (Crossville, Tennessee) on Saturday night to compete against a field of 16 entries. After posting the 7th-fastest time in qualifying, Morrow ran into trouble with his brakes in the feature. Starting on the fourth row, Todd had to retire early from the main event due to his brakes being locked-up.

After taking Saturday night off, Morrow returned to action in the Crate Late Model division at Rome Speedway​ (Rome, Georgia) on Sunday evening. Posting the fastest time in a field of 16 competitors in qualifying, Morrow started on the pole for the feature. Jumping into the lead at the drop of the green flag, Todd Morrow edged long-time friend Andy Picklesimer at the finish line by a mere 0.05 seconds to capture his first win of the season.

Full results from these events are available at www.CrossvilleSpeedway.com and www.DixieSpeedway.com .

Up next for Morrow is a trip to Boyd's Speedway​ (Ringgold, Georgia) on Tuesday night, July 26, where he will return to the driver’s seat of his #T1 Platinum Chassis Super Late Model. The $3,500-to-win event will be sanctioned by the Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Series. For more information on the event, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

Todd Morrow Racing would like to thank all of their sponsors, which include A-Plus Collision Center, Allen's Pools LLC, COR Suspension Technology, Mollie & Bobbie Boutique, Coosa Heating & Cooling, A&K Transport, Andy Dill Trucking, CRS Starters and Alternators, Coulter Racecars and Parts, Phantom Racing Engines by Junior Weisgarber, Stealth Racing Carburetors, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Todd Morrow , please visit the official team website at www.ToddMorrowRacing.com and also follow the team on social media at www.facebook.com/toddmorrowracing and www.twitter.com/toddmorrowt1 .