PDA

View Full Version : What A Contrast

CIRF
07-25-2016, 12:38 PM
Checked in a couple of times on the gimmick race at Indy Sunday afternoon to see where Gordo and Larson were running and to get a glimpse of how shameful the crowd was.

What a contrast in crowd size from the Indianapolis 500 just 2 short months ago. Yeesh!! 350,000+ complete sellout for the Indy 500 and the gimmick race had whole stands that had no one in them. It's a safe bet that the TV ratings were dismal compared to the Indy 500, too.

Wonder how much longer the Hulman/George family will embarrass and tarnish the legacy of themselves and of a race track that is a world wide icon with the gimmick race.

hoosier race fan
07-25-2016, 01:20 PM
I saw some photo comparisons of the 500 and 400 and it's a huge difference. But I also found a similar photo comparison of the NASCAR race and IndyCar race at Fontana last year. Almost exactly the same, just flipped between a near sellout for NASCAR and more workers than spectators for IndyCar. The douches at the Indy Star are doing their best to make it a massive story, ignoring that this has been a trend at the 400 for a decade and the 500 was declining up until this year also. If they had not taken out all the seats on the north end going into turn 3 and the short chute, the 500 may not have been a "sellout." I was there for both and the 500 was clearly a better race and event. NASCAR has some serious changes to consider, but I hate to see it turn into an open wheel racing is sooo much better than stock cars debate like you will find at the good old boys club at Indiana open wheel. Indy cars just put on a much more entertaining show at the brickyard. NASCAR needs to be at Iowa instead.

CIRF
07-25-2016, 01:59 PM
I saw some photo comparisons of the 500 and 400 and it's a huge difference. But I also found a similar photo comparison of the NASCAR race and IndyCar race at Fontana last year. Almost exactly the same, just flipped between a near sellout for NASCAR and more workers than spectators for IndyCar. The douches at the Indy Star are doing their best to make it a massive story, ignoring that this has been a trend at the 400 for a decade and the 500 was declining up until this year also. If they had not taken out all the seats on the north end going into turn 3 and the short chute, the 500 may not have been a "sellout." I was there for both and the 500 was clearly a better race and event. NASCAR has some serious changes to consider, but I hate to see it turn into an open wheel racing is sooo much better than stock cars debate like you will find at the good old boys club at Indiana open wheel. Indy cars just put on a much more entertaining show at the brickyard. NASCAR needs to be at Iowa instead.The failure to draw a decent crowd for the Fontana IndyCar race is a big reason they no longer race there. The permanent seating at Indy for the 500 was sold out well in advance of the race and I'm not so sure that they wouldn't have sold it out even with the turn 3 entrance seats. I really think that the infield ticket sales more than made up for the stands you say were removed.

Face facts, NASCAR sucks at Indy (and some other places) and over the past 4 to 5 years the open wheel cars have been very entertaining at The Brickyard. The IndyCars put on a good show at Iowa and were extraordinarily exciting at Chicagoland, too.

Actually the Indy 500 crowd has slowly grown over the past 5 to 7 years and I believe in 2015 was estimated to be the largest crowd since 1997 or 1998.

I've read what's been posted on IOW a few times and they're membership is huge compared to most other boards and they don't allow much stupidity there like goes on at some other racing boards. They are very provincial at IOW but no more than the late model people here.

TS FAN
07-25-2016, 02:06 PM
I am a huge fan of Nascar along with Dirt cars and about everything else that competes door handled to door handled. Which brings me to Indy. I will never be a fan of Stock cars running on the track. It doesn't provide good racing. Indy is an open wheel track and should remain so IMO.

CIRF
07-25-2016, 04:48 PM
I am a huge fan of Nascar along with Dirt cars and about everything else that competes door handled to door handled. Which brings me to Indy. I will never be a fan of Stock cars running on the track. It doesn't provide good racing. Indy is an open wheel track and should remain so IMO.You're right, the taxi cabs should have never raced at Indy to begin with but the revenue generated by the first decade of NASCAR at Indy appeared to have been way too seductive for the Hulman/George family to ignore. Now that it's a laughing stock in comparison to the Indy 500 they may be a bit regretful of ever bringing NASCAR to the most famous racecourse in the world.

I really don't care if the cars I'm watching race are supposed to have door handles or not as long as it's good, exciting racing and the last 5 or 6 Indy 500's have been exactly that. I went to the first 10 or 11 Brickyard 400's and honestly never saw a good race among any of them.

TS FAN
07-25-2016, 05:06 PM
LOL, door handle to door handle means open wheel too, I obviously love Sprints etc. ergo Stewart,
Kyle Larson, C Bell etc. Just an old expression.

CIRF
07-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Gotcha'. I sometimes am guilty of taking things too literally, as is the case here.

drano
07-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Was reported they had about 50,000 in attendance sunday but they have 250,000 permanent seats.

Barbecueboy
07-25-2016, 06:09 PM
It looked like they forgot to unlock the gates..........so that people could come in.

drano
07-25-2016, 06:26 PM
I hope they left the gate unlocked during the race because I am sure some people wanted to leave.......it was sure a snooz fest.

old fan
07-25-2016, 06:30 PM
I would say the weather might have a lil to with it I don't care I don't watch asphalt

CIRF
07-25-2016, 07:15 PM
Was reported they had about 50,000 in attendance sunday but they have 250,000 permanent seats.drano, not nitpicking at all but Purdue University claims there are around 270,000 permanent seats.

It's a safe bet that the TV ratings were equally horrible as compared to the attendance.

drano
07-25-2016, 08:00 PM
You are right CIRF I miss read it the Indianapolis Star said they have more than 250,000 seats, my bad.

Raceready
07-26-2016, 12:17 AM
It looked like they forgot to unlock the gates..........so that people could come in. That's FUNNY !!!!! It was looking like it was called The Brickyard 400 because there was 400 fans there. LOLOL I wonder if NASCAR attendance is getting so low that the venders are trying to figure out if it is worth it to even show up?

Barbecueboy
07-26-2016, 09:53 AM
I would say the weather might have a lil to with it I don't care I don't watch asphalt

But you face plant on it regularly???

CIRF
07-26-2016, 10:56 AM
but you face plant on it regularly???lolololol!!!!!

CIRF
07-27-2016, 01:00 PM
This picture shows just how big the crowd for the Indy 500 was as opposed to how dismal the crowd was for the NASCAR taxi cab Brickyard 400 race. Yeesh! My how the mighty have fallen!!

The Indy Cars actually look as if they belong and the taxi cabs look somewhat out of place.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/13620936_10153928110718871_8735474155219949903_n.j pg?oh=fa627cefe7e641f01af53015677e2620&oe=581C2B9F

Raceready
07-27-2016, 03:46 PM
Nasky should have a Rolling Stones concert there before the race at reduced ticket prices with the stipulation that they stay there for the race so that the seats don't appear to be in such dire straits !!!!!!!

Raceready
07-27-2016, 09:06 PM
This is the better " What a contrast " post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

old fan
07-27-2016, 09:19 PM
This picture shows just how big the crowd for the Indy 500 was as opposed to how dismal the crowd was for the NASCAR taxi cab Brickyard 400 race. Yeesh! My how the mighty have fallen!!The Indy Cars actually look as if they belong and the taxi cabs look somewhat out of place.https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/13620936_10153928110718871_8735474155219949903_n.j pg?oh=fa627cefe7e641f01af53015677e2620&oe=581C2B9F lets see one is on a major holiday nIce weather the other is hot and humid no holiday in feb where are the INDY CARS

old fan
07-27-2016, 09:20 PM
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=indy+car+crowds&view=detailv2&&id=9DC8B9359A4BE0C181FECF3B7F587C9ABB0EE4A8&selectedIndex=9&ccid=0TK9RU8W&simid=608041407403855735&thid=OIP.Md132bd454f1651ef5ceb1e310dc3fb23o0&ajaxhist=0 BOO YAH http://www.racer.com/images/2015/Sept_2/IndyCar/pocono_grandstand.jpg

Raceready
07-27-2016, 09:44 PM
lets see one is on a major holiday nIce weather the other is hot and humid no holiday in feb where are the INDY CARS The weather wouldn't have mattered and there would be good crowd if Nasky hadn't ruined the sport with the chase, green white checkers, paper napkin cautions, and other such GIMMICKERY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

old fan
07-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Yeah that doesn't help does it

CIRF
07-27-2016, 10:42 PM
lets see one is on a major holiday nIce weather the other is hot and humid no holiday in feb where are the INDY CARSMake all the lame excuses you can dream up but the the fact of the matter is NASCAR taxi cabs at Indy drew 300,000 less people than the Indy 500 and the 2016 Daytona 500 drew roughly 100,000 to 150,000 less than the 2016 Indy 500.

Read it and weep, chump! LOLOL!!

old fan
07-27-2016, 11:04 PM
big freaking deal that is the only race Indy cars draw where NASCAR has what 38 races so they have one bad crowd big deal check the total attendance between both lmao and get back with me

Raceready
07-28-2016, 12:50 AM
Make all the lame excuses you can dream up but the the fact of the matter is NASCAR taxi cabs at Indy drew 300,000 less people than the Indy 500 and the 2016 Daytona 500 drew roughly 100,000 to 150,000 less than the 2016 Indy 500. Read it and weep, chump! LOLOL!! The NUMBERS don't lie !!!!!!!!!!!!

CIRF
07-28-2016, 01:57 AM
big freaking deal that is the only race Indy cars draw where NASCAR has what 38 races so they have one bad crowd big deal check the total attendance between both lmao and get back with meThe fact that the Indy 500 outdraws every other 1 day sporting event IN THE WORLD and sold completely out last May seems to upset you and causes you to become wildly hysterical. I feel bad about that, so bad that I'm compelled to post the contrasting picture, again! Bbbwwwwaaaaaaaahahahahahahah!!!

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/13620936_10153928110718871_8735474155219949903_n.j pg?oh=fa627cefe7e641f01af53015677e2620&oe=581C2B9F

The NUMBERS don't lie !!!!!!!!!!!!You're right Rr, they don't, and it seems to cause poor ol' litey severe consternation!!LOL!!

kidrock
07-28-2016, 06:08 AM
This confirms Brian France does not know what he's doing. They should end the relationship with the historic Speedway. If the drivers want to race at Indy get a indy car ride. The Race in itself is horrible that's part of the reason no one goes anymore.

old fan
07-28-2016, 06:22 AM
CIRF is mister obvious in real life betcha you didn't know

old fan
07-28-2016, 06:27 AM
what about all the race that indy cars show up and no crowd end thoses also or ever every short track out their also pull the plug on them also , a lot has to be the economy with our outstanding president in charge

Barbecueboy
07-28-2016, 07:48 AM
big freaking deal that is the only race Indy cars draw where NASCAR has what 38 races so they have one bad crowd big deal check the total attendance between both lmao and get back with me

One bad crowd????????

Have you been checked for concussion syndrome?

hoosier race fan
07-28-2016, 09:05 AM
This picture shows just how big the crowd for the Indy 500 was as opposed to how dismal the crowd was for the NASCAR taxi cab Brickyard 400 race. Yeesh! My how the mighty have fallen!!

The Indy Cars actually look as if they belong and the taxi cabs look somewhat out of place.

We get it. NASCAR doesn't belong there. I would much rather see them race on a short track. Xfinity should be back at IRP and the cup series should race at Iowa. Indy Cars belong there, hence the name INDY cars. So what are you trying to do or prove by continuing to draw attention to something already covered thoroughly by many sports and news outlets in the Midwest along with social media? Your constant use of the term taxi cab just gives the impression of the arrogance held by many in the open wheel community.

Is there an underlying belief that if you make NASCAR sound bad enough that people will quit watching (did you see the TV rating for the brickyard?), NASCAR will fold, and the open wheel drivers you repeatedly ball wash will come to indycar and bring all their corporate sponsors with them? Sorry, but it's not happening. Target just announced they are leaving indycar. Giving up sponsorship of the defending series champion and a team they've sponsored for 26 years. Yet they are keeping their sponsorship of ganassi's cup team with Kyle Larson, a mid-pack team that has yet to win a race. Why? Eyeballs. NASCAR has the viewers, indycar doesn't.

NASCAR has screwed themselves in many ways, but let's not act like IndyCar has been infallible. The split - just start there. Let's compare their crowds pre-split and post-split.

I hate to point out these issues because I really enjoy both indycar racing and NASCAR at certain tracks. But since you insist on continuing to draw attention to this, I think it's only fair to present another side. I just don't understand this eagerness to tear down all different forms of racing. In the last three weeks I have been to a late model race, non-wing sprint race, and winged sprint race. I enjoyed every one of them. I've also seen the world of outlaws sprints, IndyCar series, and NASCAR sprint cup series this summer. All have things they can improve upon, but I don't see the benefit of trying to emphasize their flaws over their strengths compared to other forms of racing.

CIRF
07-28-2016, 10:01 AM
So what are you trying to do or prove by continuing to draw attention to something already covered thoroughly by many sports and news outlets in the Midwest along with social media? Your constant use of the term taxi cab just gives the impression of the arrogance held by many in the open wheel community.I'm not trying to prove anything, the proof is everywhere without me adding to it. The term "taxi cabs" obviously bothers you. GOOD!!

Is there an underlying belief that if you make NASCAR sound bad enough that people will quit watching (did you see the TV rating for the brickyard?), NASCAR will fold, and the open wheel drivers you repeatedly ball wash will come to indycar and bring all their corporate sponsors with them? Sorry, but it's not happening. Target just announced they are leaving indycar. Giving up sponsorship of the defending series champion and a team they've sponsored for 26 years. Yet they are keeping their sponsorship of ganassi's cup team with Kyle Larson, a mid-pack team that has yet to win a race. Why? Eyeballs. NASCAR has the viewers, indycar doesn't.I'm gonna' try and be nice here.

Your little tidbit is just about as sanctimonious as it comes and a bit misleading at the same time. Listen up mister self appointed voice of truth and reason, the overall quality of my life doesn't depend on whether there is a NASCAR or an Indy Car. But I do get a certain degree of satisfaction from someone like yourself going out of your way to attempt to state my point of view of which you know nothing about.

As far as the ball wash comment, you fit the mud taxi inferiority complex syndrome model to a tee. Run with it.

It's kind of odd for someone who fancy's themself as learned and cogent as you to refer so lovingly to male sexual anatomy. Freudian slip maybe? LOL!!

NASCAR has screwed themselves in many ways, but let's not act like IndyCar has been infallible. The split - just start there. Let's compare their crowds pre-split and post-split.I don't know how old you are and I don't care. I also don't know how much insight you have about the original split between USAC and CART. The demise of major league open wheel racing began when the major sanction of that era began to relinquish leverage to the big money owners and allowed those same owners to begin to legislate the innovation and creativity out of major open wheel racing and legislate and increase the effect of massive amounts of money. That all happened nearly 20 years prior to the CART/IRL split and that is a fact that has been proven and vouched for many times over.

In the last three weeks I have been to a late model race, non-wing sprint race, and winged sprint race. I enjoyed every one of them. I've also seen the world of outlaws sprints, IndyCar series, and NASCAR sprint cup series this summer. All have things they can improve upon, but I don't see the benefit of trying to emphasize their flaws over their strengths compared to other forms of racing.Well, lets see mr. diversity, I'll call your late model, wingless and winged sprint car and WoO sprint, IndyCar and NASCAR and raise you 2 Silver Crown races on a 1 mile dirt and a 1/2 mile dirt, 2 great midget shows on dirt, a pavement Silver Crown race and an ARCA taxi cab race and several mud taxi shows. In less than 2 weeks we'll head West to Belleville, Kansas for 4 days. When all is said and done in total I've attended a lot more NASCAR races than Indy Car. So please, preach your self righteous "I love everything" bull$hit to someone that might possibly benefit from it.

hoosier race fan
07-28-2016, 04:02 PM
For the sake of comparison, I think the crowd at the silver crown race at IRP was even worse than the NASCAR race at the brickyard. NASCAR looked like 200 people and usac WAS 200 people. That doesn't mean it wasn't a good show or that they should stop racing there though. Maybe it needs some promotion.

It can be difficult to accurately determine the tone of comments made in this format, but I get the impression you are a little pissed off about someone questioning you on the intention of your post. You couldn't manage to get past your irritation from someone who dares to point out something contrary to your perception of open wheel superiority long enough to answer any of the questions I asked. You enjoy one form of racing, not the other. Good for you. Invest your time in supporting that form instead of disparaging another. I am sure you go to plenty of races, so why take the time to criticize those you don't care for? You didn't bother to explain any other reason for making this post, so maybe that was it. Taking the time to come back and edit your post to insinuate that I'm a homosexual or have homosexual feelings is a classy move too. I don't see any point in making it personal.

old fan
07-28-2016, 04:58 PM
One bad crowd????????Have you been checked for concussion syndrome?better check your facts indy car attendance except INDY is non existant

old fan
07-28-2016, 05:08 PM
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=2015+nascar+attendance+figures&view=detailv2&&id=57D0421C4F75D2D2EE9754A30DEE4B534258DCBD&selectedIndex=0&ccid=Rvs0ZSc4&simid=608015302598921074&thid=OIP.M46fb34652738c28d669c978a8b758262o0&ajaxhist=0

Clayton_Wetter
07-28-2016, 05:23 PM
what about all the race that indy cars show up and no crowd end thoses also or ever every short track out their also pull the plug on them also , a lot has to be the economy with our outstanding president in charge

You are always putting down NASCAR, why the turn around? Just like to argue? lolololol

Just don't start having Obummer's back,now!!! :)

old fan
07-28-2016, 05:42 PM
just stating the facts that's all just stating the facts

mudslinger47
07-28-2016, 08:58 PM
For what ever reason, my DVR boycotted it... so I didn't get to see it, but it must have been a heck of a great show!!!! Kyle swept the weekend, can't get any better then that can ya?

old fan
07-28-2016, 09:09 PM
CIRF likes horse face

CIRF
07-29-2016, 08:50 AM
For the sake of comparison, I think the crowd at the silver crown race at IRP was even worse than the NASCAR race at the brickyard. NASCAR looked like 200 people and usac WAS 200 people.Were you at IRP for the Vogler Classic? I was, and the crowd was anemic in size at best. Actually I'm surprised the crowd wasn't smaller. I don't like asphalt racing, especially when the cars competing are far more suited for dirt. The only reason I was there was because the husband of a dear friend was inducted into the USAC Hall of Fame and she asked me and my wife to join her and her group of family and friends to join them to witness the induction. So, you mocking the crowd at IRP in comparison to the taxi cab crowd at Indy is wasted on me.

It can be difficult to accurately determine the tone of comments made in this format, but I get the impression you are a little pissed off about someone questioning you on the intention of your post. You couldn't manage to get past your irritation from someone who dares to point out something contrary to your perception of open wheel superiority long enough to answer any of the questions I asked. I am sure you go to plenty of races, so why take the time to criticize those you don't care for? You didn't bother to explain any other reason for making this post, so maybe that was it. Taking the time to come back and edit your post to insinuate that I'm a homosexual or have homosexual feelings is a classy move too. I don't see any point in making it personal.Pointing out facts and expressing them is definitely not being pissed or irritated. You really don't display the intellectual where-with-all to be particularly irritating, your phony self righteous sanctimony isn't particularly off putting either, when the source is considered.

Quick wit sometimes is not my personal strong suit and pertinent points of conversation don't reveal themselves immediately, thus the editing. You opened the door wide for a personal reply with your "ball washing" comment. You relinquished the high road at that point. Silly and classless isn't that hard to do and I've seen it practiced by people who are much smarter than me, but you don't appear to be one of them. Whether to raise or lower the level of decorum was/is determined by you. Just stating facts? Yep. Pissed and irritated? Try not to flatter yourself 'cause it's not even close.

I do have a question, however. Are you homosexual? LOL!!!

CIRF
07-29-2016, 09:06 AM
Kyle swept the weekend, can't get any better then that can ya?Sure it can. The winner could somehow learn manners, class, dignity, humility and stop trying to look just like pee wee herman! LOLOL!!!

Clayton_Wetter
07-29-2016, 05:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wTi4o7o.jpg

Clayton_Wetter
07-29-2016, 05:13 PM
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp145/angiec211/Graphics/kyle-peeweeherman.jpg

Raceready
07-31-2016, 09:09 PM
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp145/angiec211/Graphics/kyle-peeweeherman.jpg The better he runs, the harder NASCAR FALLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

old fan
07-31-2016, 09:15 PM
that's some funny chit I hope he doesn't fall n the trap if you know what I mean

old fan
07-31-2016, 09:16 PM
Sure it can. The winner could somehow learn manners, class, dignity, humility and stop trying to look just like pee wee herman! LOLOL!!! he is a race driver not some goody 2 shoes diplocrap

CIRF
08-01-2016, 10:17 AM
he is a race driver not some goody 2 shoes diplocrapIt would be a safe bet that in your eyes the bigger the lowlife asswipe devoid of any class, dignity and proper upbringing the better. It comes as no surprise judging by the partially unintelligible uneducated gibberish you post! LOL!!

old fan
08-01-2016, 05:57 PM
not at all dummy and I don't think Kyle gives a crap what you think of him he's just laughing all the way to the bank kyle says when you can come up and match his winning you can downgrade him should no problem he is only worth 50 million

CIRF
08-01-2016, 07:56 PM
Doesn't matter what his racing record is or how much money he's got, when a guy has no manners, class, dignity or humility he's a lowlife, simple as that.

Besides all that he gets his ass handed to him by an old man, Richard Childress and runs like a scared school girl from more than one guy when they're about to give him a "tune up".

Besides all that he looks and acts just like pee wee herman!! LOL!!

old fan
08-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Like i said i don't think he gve 2 chits what you are i say , that might be true about childress and him but then childress was never a racer maybe he should 've went a different route like wwe

CIRF
08-01-2016, 08:19 PM
I'm quite sure your boy pee wee jr. doesn't care what I think. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a mannerless lowlife and a wimpy one to boot! LOL!!

Raceready
08-04-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm quite sure your boy pee wee jr. doesn't care what I think. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a mannerless lowlife and a wimpy one to boot! LOL!! That's a BIG 10-4 !!!!!!!!!!!

mudslinger47
08-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Mighty judgmental there CIRF, just exactly who appointed you god?

CIRF
08-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Well, let's see muddy. Over the years I've seen people conduct themselves in such a way that would clearly indicate they have manners and a degree of class, dignity and a good upbringing. On that list would be Petty, Pearson, Terry Labonte, Bobby Labonte, Mark Martin, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson, just to name a few from NASCAR.

Now, compare that to the lack of those virtues displayed by pee wee jr. and his big brother, among some others, and the contrast is unmistakable. At least to those who understand and know the difference.

The persona that any particular public figure puts out there is the one that forms the feelings of those who have interest in the sport or activities that particular public figure is involved in. It is in no way Godlike to point out the lack of character that some public figure's display. It's merely pointing out the truth.

Personally, I will always gravitate towards the drivers, etc., that have talent, guts and bravery but also the aforementioned character virtues.

Raceready
08-06-2016, 03:53 AM
Like i said i don't think he gve 2 chits what you are i say , that might be true about childress and him but then childress was never a racer maybe he should 've went a different route like wwe I beg to differ about Richard Childress not being a racer. He started as a SCAB racer when the boys went on strike in the 70s. He was #96 at his start and he had the #3 as an owner operator. He wasn't much more than a mediocre driver at best so I believe that it was Junior Johnson that talked him into hiring Arnhead. I think Junior said " Go fetch you on up Ralph Earnhardts son, he will make you a fine young driver" !

old fan
08-06-2016, 07:15 AM
It would be a safe bet that in your eyes the bigger the lowlife asswipe devoid of any class, dignity and proper upbringing the better. It comes as no surprise judging by the partially unintelligible uneducated gibberish you post! LOL!!he is not a role model you bragged about Jack Hewitt in another thread yes he was great driver but off the track his MANNERS where not cordial like beating up officails telling the press what thought about a certain situation you look up to him but down on Kyle I don't get it another known example Aj Foyt

CIRF
08-06-2016, 09:40 AM
he is not a role model you bragged about Jack Hewitt in another thread yes he was great driver but off the track his MANNERS where not cordial like beating up officails telling the press what thought about a certain situation you look up to him but down on Kyle I don't get it another known example Aj FoytThese drivers aren't expected to be roll models. However, it's not unreasonable to expect that they conduct themselves in a manner befitting a decent human being.

To my knowledge Jack Hewitt has never beat up a race official. Jack has yelled nasty things at them when they've done things that he felt put himself and equipment in harms way. Jack has punched several drivers over the years but only after those drivers had put Ol' Jack in harms way. Jack's motto was "I don't start trouble but I've sure ended plenty of it".

Jack Hewitt and pee wee jr. can't be mentioned in the same breath. Jack Hewitt was not known for retaliating with his car on the track or in the pits. If he had a problem with another driver or crew member he'd go to them and rearrange their facial features. pee wee jr. doesn't have the guts or the physical wherewithal to settle a grievance man to man in such a way. He merely talks $hit and runs when the real action is about to take place.

As far as A.J. Foyt is concerned I highly respect his driving talent and bravery. Never respected crap like sucker punching Luyendyk when Arie was 100% correct, or some really unnecessary things he's said over the years. A.J. has admitted to Robin Miller during an interview of being regretful of some things he's done and said over the years. Seeing that interview I rethought how I felt about A.J. I regained respect for a man who humbled himself enough to admit his mistakes and shortcomings.

Here ya' go litey, this video is part of what made Jack famous. I was at Macon the night this crash and interview took place and it took 3 USAC officials to keep Jack from getting a hold of Billy Shipman (the flagman) but he never touched him. It cost Jack $300 in fines for what he said to Shipman but he never laid a hand on him.

A side note to this incident and video. When Jack got hit on the backstretch the midget that hit him went out of control and into the infield at Macon and hit a 4 wheeler that was setting by the flagstand (for those not familiar with Macon the flagstand is located in the infield) and it completely destroyed it. Dammest thing I ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrIh34wZHDc

mudslinger47
08-06-2016, 11:20 AM
CIRF you can find an instance of any and all drivers being a little jerkish.... proves nothing... Kyle Busch has donated more money then most people will ever make in two lifetimes .... and you get all judgement .... same goes for almost all the NASCAR drivers your constantly lambasting.... time to put up or shut up, I would think... most all the drivers have foundations that they stick thousands and thousands of their dollars into, even the lowliest smallest team drivers contribute... Jeff and JJ are in the millions donated.... and still you trash them... amazing....

old fan
08-06-2016, 11:41 AM
To my knowledge Jack Hewitt has never beat up a race official. Jack has yelled nasty things at them when they've done things that he felt put himself and equipment in harms way. Jack has punched several drivers over the years but only after those drivers had put Ol' Jack in harms way. Jack's motto was "I don't start trouble but I've sure ended plenty of it know for a fact he did he beat up a friend of the familey that was a track offical at one of our local tracks he has also been up the flag stands a couple times plius he has such kind words for a some officals

old fan
08-06-2016, 11:46 AM
CIRF you can find an instance of any and all drivers being a little jerkish.... proves nothing... Kyle Busch has donated more money then most people will ever make in two lifetimes .... and you get all judgement .... same goes for almost all the NASCAR drivers your constantly lambasting.... time to put up or shut up, I would think... most all the drivers have foundations that they stick thousands and thousands of their dollars into, even the lowliest smallest team drivers contribute... Jeff and JJ are in the millions donated.... and still you trash them... amazing....and you can say the same about KURT PLUS i 've seen videos that Kurt sat down next to a young young racer you don't think that influenced the kid https://kylebuschfoundation.org/news/

CIRF
08-06-2016, 01:27 PM
CIRF you can find an instance of any and all drivers being a little jerkish.... proves nothing...An instance or two is one thing, but making it a way of life is a whole other circumstance.
Kyle Busch has donated more money then most people will ever make in two lifetimes .... and you get all judgement .... same goes for almost all the NASCAR drivers your constantly lambasting.... time to put up or shut up, I would think... most all the drivers have foundations that they stick thousands and thousands of their dollars into, even the lowliest smallest team drivers contribute... Jeff and JJ are in the millions donated.... and still you trash them... amazing....What is it that I need to put up? LOL!!

I really don't believe that distinguishing between someone who is respectful, humble and dignified from those who talk and act as if they were never taught any respect, manners and dignity is being judgmental. These drivers put themselves out there in the public eye and they choose what persona they wish to project. It's been proven many times that it's not necessary to be an a$$hole to get a point across.

I remember talking to Jeff Gordon on numerous occasions at places like Springfield, IL, Du Quoin, IL and Macon, IL at USAC Silver Crown and midget races back when he was a USAC star in the days before he started driving the taxi cabs. He wasn't the most personable driver we've ever spoken to but he was never openly rude or impolite. I can't say that about some other guys who came up through the USAC ranks. One guy in particular was not just a bit rude but proved to be a complete a$$hole on more than one occasion. I've never spent any time around Jimmie mainly because he didn't come up through the Midwestern USAC ranks and I had already stopped attending gimmick races when he was getting started, but by all accounts he's a genuinely good person and that means something to some of us. pee wee and his nutcase brother seem to revel in being a$$holes, so what does that tell ya'? Not much, other than they seem to enjoy being disrespectful a$$holes. And no, they don't give a fat rats ass what I think. Not now, not ever.

As far as the donations and foundations go, the money given is tax deductible, so there may be just a bit more than the charitable motive at play in regards to the money given away. These guys do the big donations for personal PR (like that's going to help pee wee, LOL!!) and it may save them a considerable amount in taxes. The smart ones have highly competent people figuring the tax implications of every move they make. Not disparaging them for taking advantage of the tax implications but it's true, nonetheless.

old fan
08-06-2016, 01:32 PM
And your point is is really some drivers act that way because that is who they are

mudslinger47
08-07-2016, 11:16 AM
An instance or two is one thing, but making it a way of life is a whole other circumstance.What is it that I need to put up? LOL!!

I really don't believe that distinguishing between someone who is respectful, humble and dignified from those who talk and act as if they were never taught any respect, manners and dignity is being judgmental. These drivers put themselves out there in the public eye and they choose what persona they wish to project. It's been proven many times that it's not necessary to be an a$$hole to get a point across.

I remember talking to Jeff Gordon on numerous occasions at places like Springfield, IL, Du Quoin, IL and Macon, IL at USAC Silver Crown and midget races back when he was a USAC star in the days before he started driving the taxi cabs. He wasn't the most personable driver we've ever spoken to but he was never openly rude or impolite. I can't say that about some other guys who came up through the USAC ranks. One guy in particular was not just a bit rude but proved to be a complete a$$hole on more than one occasion. I've never spent any time around Jimmie mainly because he didn't come up through the Midwestern USAC ranks and I had already stopped attending gimmick races when he was getting started, but by all accounts he's a genuinely good person and that means something to some of us. pee wee and his nutcase brother seem to revel in being a$$holes, so what does that tell ya'? Not much, other than they seem to enjoy being disrespectful a$$holes. And no, they don't give a fat rats ass what I think. Not now, not ever.

As far as the donations and foundations go, the money given is tax deductible, so there may be just a bit more than the charitable motive at play in regards to the money given away. These guys do the big donations for personal PR (like that's going to help pee wee, LOL!!) and it may save them a considerable amount in taxes. The smart ones have highly competent people figuring the tax implications of every move they make. Not disparaging them for taking advantage of the tax implications but it's true, nonetheless.

Which is probably why you like train racing, you can't understand what they're saying anyways.....

CIRF
08-08-2016, 10:10 AM
Which is probably why you like train racing, you can't understand what they're saying anyways.....Witnessing the crash that took the life of a genuinely decent person (something that obviously has no significance to you) as well as one of the best dirt track racers of all time at Belleville Saturday night has left me devoid of the fortitude, inclination and heart to call you out for your single minded nonsense yet again.

For the time being we'll just chalk it up to your obvious stupidity and therefor you lack any credibility to be taken the least bit serious.

mudslinger47
08-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Witnessing the crash that took the life of a genuinely decent person (something that obviously has no significance to you) as well as one of the best dirt track racers of all time at Belleville Saturday night has left me devoid of the fortitude, inclination and heart to call you out for your single minded nonsense yet again.

For the time being we'll just chalk it up to your obvious stupidity and therefor you lack any credibility to be taken the least bit serious.

Sprints and midgets aren't train races....Indy style and F-1 are train racers...... RIP Brian...

CIRF
08-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Sprints and midgets aren't train races....Indy style and F-1 are train racers...... RIP Brian...As near as anyone can tell you'd have to elevate yourself several notches on the intellectual totem pole to even possess the qualifications of a fool. Thus rendering your evaluation of what is or isn't good racing moot and irrelevant.

And, if you're going to attempt to pay respects to someone then make a fukking appoint to at least spell their name correctly, okay numb skull?!!

mudslinger47
08-08-2016, 08:21 PM
As near as anyone can tell you'd have to elevate yourself several notches on the intellectual totem pole to even possess the qualifications of a fool. Thus rendering your evaluation of what is or isn't good racing moot and irrelevant.

And, if you're going to attempt to pay respects to someone then make a fukking appoint to at least spell their name correctly, okay numb skull?!!

Oh pack sand ya ole blowhard.... might want to look at your own sentence structure... (appoint?) My apologizes to the family "Bryan".... don't recall seeing him in a sprint or midget, but in the trucks a few times... I believe... correct that, it was the Nationwide, now Exfinity

CIRF
08-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Oh pack sand ya ole blowhard.... might want to look at your own sentence structure... (appoint?) My apologizes to the family "Bryan".... don't recall seeing him in a sprint or midgetMy, my muddy. Such anger and vitriol. Didn't mean to make ya' mad, all I was doing was merely pointing out the harsh reality of the situation.

We won't hold your spelling inadequacy against you since you apologized for misspelling BC's name and corrected yourself.

What we can't overlook is your complete misinterpretation of the word "appoint". In the context with which the word was used it is completely appropriate and meaningful in accordance with the Miriam-Webster online dictionary definition.

appoint

verb ap·point \ə-ˈpȯint\

Simple Definition of appoint
: to choose (someone) to have a particular job : to give (someone) a position or duty
: to decide or establish (something) in an official way

You obviously don't know any more about grammar and word usage than you do about what is, and what isn't good racing, and that ain't much.

Now, go pack fudge you half wit! LOLOL!!