PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Sanders Continues I-80 USMTS Domination

Ben Shelton
07-25-2016, 05:49 PM
For Immediate Release
July 25, 2016

Rodney Sanders Continues I-80 USMTS Domination

Happy, Texas (07/25/16) – Rodney Sanders continued his domination of I-80 Speedway in his Wichita Tank Racing #20 MB Customs/Hatfield Racing Engine Modified over the weekend. The Texas racer won his seventh-straight feature at the oval to claim the $5,000 top prize on Saturday night.

Pulling double duty, Rodney Sanders headed to I-80 Speedway (Greenwood, Nebraska) on Friday night for opening round action of the 6th annual Silver Dollar Nationals. In a field of 44 United State Modified Touring Series (USMTS) competitors, Sanders charged through the field eight positions in his first heat race, landing a runner-up finish behind Austin Siebert. Starting in 2nd for his next heat race, Rodney cruised to a heat race victory. The cumulative performance of his two heat races made him the high point driver for preliminary action, which locked him into Saturday night’s pole dash.

On Friday evening he also competed in the Cubby’s Chase Race, which was an all-star invitational race for the USMTS competitors. He drew the 10th-starting spot for the special event. With $1,000 on the line, Sanders gained six spots in the 24-lapper, posting a 4th-place finish behind Jason Hughes, Johnny Scott, and Cade Dillard with Mason Big Eagle coming in 5th.

During the same night in two more rounds of heat races in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS), Rodney logged a 7th-place finish in his first event. Placing 2nd in his next heat behind Billy Moyer, Sanders would have one more opportunity at the $40,000-to-win A-Main on Saturday with a B-Main appearance. Landing a runner-up finish behind Tyler Erb, Rodney secured his spot into the 80-lap finale.

Looking to capture his seventh straight Silver Dollar Nationals win in the USMTS on Saturday night, Rodney finished 2nd in the pole dash, which locked him into the outside-front-row starting spot for the 42-lap finale. Battling for a $5,000 payday in the Casey's General Stores A-Main, Rodney Sanders outdueled good friend Jason Krohn to pick up his ninth win of the season with Krohn, Cade Dillard, Jason Hughes, and Terry Phillips rounding out the Top 5.

“I really had a lot of fun racing with Jason (Krohn) there,” said Sanders in victory lane. “When he slipped past me there late in the race, I wasn’t totally sure if I could get back around him, but luckily I was able to make it happen. I just want to thank my awesome fans, crew, and sponsors for their support.”

Slated to start 21st for the LOLMDS Silver Dollar Nationals later that night, Sanders fell back to a 29th-place outing in the feature after bringing out a caution on lap 28.

For more results from these events, please visit www.USMTS.com and www.LucasDirt.com .
The upcoming weekend, July 29-30 will see Sanders entering a pair of Corn Belt Clash Super Late Model events in the state of Iowa. On Friday evening a $5,000-to-win affair will be held at Fayette County Speedway (West Union, Iowa), while Saturday night will see a $5,454-to-win affair contested at Lafayette County Speedway (Darlington, Wisconsin). For more information on the events, please visit www.CornBeltClash.com .

Rodney Sanders would like to thank all of his sponsors including Wichita Tank Racing, Swan Energy, Kimrad Transport, DriveWFX.com, S&S Fishing and Rental, Krohn Farms, STSI, Mars Race Cars, MB Customs, KBC Graphics, Bergman Tax and Accounting, Hatifeld Race Engines, Deatherage Opticians, VP Race Fuels, C&R Incorporated, Beyea Headers, CMD Race Shocks, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Race Shocks, Eibach, Wilwood Brakes, Palmer Painting, D&G Contracting, Driven Oil, 87 Automotive, FK Rod Ends, Allstar Performance, Fikes Transmission, QA1 Driveshafts, Performance Bodies, Day Motorsports, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Rodney Sanders, please visit www.RodneySandersRacing.net .