PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Strand Grabs the Devil by the Tail

Ben Shelton
07-27-2016, 10:16 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 27, 2016

Dustin Strand Grabs the Devil by the Tail

Grand Forks, North Dakota (07/27/16) – Dustin Strand once again found himself in victory lane over the weekend by topping the NLRA Super Late Model event at Devil’s Lake Speedway in his McCaughen Builders #71 Forest Flying Service/Millenium Late Model on Saturday night.

Powering his RealTruck.com #71 r Late Model, Dustin Strand opened his weekend racing endeavors by visiting Red River Co-Op Speedway (Winnipeg, Manitoba) on Thursday evening for a Weekly Racing Series Event. After leading his entire heat race, Strand failed to finish the preliminary event after his battery shorted out. Starting near the tail of the field in the feature, Dustin wheeled his way up to a 2nd-place finish behind race winner, Shane Edginton with Kevin Sexton, Mike Balcaen, and Mike Martin trailing them across the finish line.

The following night for another unsanctioned event, Strand headed to River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota). Improving two positions in his heat, Dustin landed a runner-up finish behind Bill Mooney setting him up with the 9th-starting position for the feature. Bringing home another podium finish, Dustin Strand gained seven spots in the A-Main, posting a runner-up finish behind Mooney with Mike Balcaen, Brad Seng, and Steffen Snare rounding out the Top 5.

Wrapping up the weekend, Strand traveled to Devil’s Lake Speedway (Lakota, North Dakota) on Saturday for the Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) sanctioned program. Placing 2nd in his heat race behind Tom Corcoran, Dustin earned the 5th-starting position for the $1,100-to-win A-Main. After patiently waiting out a rain-delay, Dustin Strand stormed to his eighth win of the season with Bill Mooney, Shane Edginton, Mike Balcaen, and Brad Seng completing the Top 5 finishers.

“We had an awesome car all weekend, but had to battle bad luck there early,” said Strand. “On Saturday night we were finally able to put it altogether and get the win. I just want to thank my family, my team, and my sponsors for all of their support and hard work. Definitely couldn’t do it without any of them.”

For more information from these events, please visit www.RedRiverCoopSpeedway.ca, www.RiverCitiesSpeedway.com, and www.NLRA.org .

This Friday, June 29 will take Strand back to River Cities Speedway for a Weekly Racing Series Event. On Saturday, July 30 he will tackle the NLRA event at Greenbush Race Park (Greenbush, Minnesota). For more information on the events please visit www.RiverCitiesSpeedway.com and www.NLRA.org .

Dustin Strand would like to thank all of his sponsors including RealTruck.com, Q&Z Plumbing & Heating, Forks Mobile Wash, Schill Construction, Anderson Brothers Body Shop, McCaughen Builders, Generations Salon & Spa, High Mark Snowmobile Rentals, RH Rebel Storage, Ben Adams Racing Engines, Forest Flying Service, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Dustin Strand, please visit his official internet home at www.StrandRacing.com .