PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Of Devin Moran

Snake X3
07-28-2016, 08:07 AM
How do you guys think Devin Moran's ability stacks up against other young drivers like Bobby Pierce and B-Shep? Provided he eventually gets sponsorship and is able to run a full-time schedule do you think he has the talent to be one DLM's stars?

I think he's got the talent, but it's difficult for me to really judge where he stacks up since money/sponsorship has kept him from running as frequently as some of the other younger drivers.

cutman
07-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Played beer pong with his crew at eldora seem like good group, until I see him bang cushion at FALS or Macon to win he isn't in same league as two mentioned.

I don't think those 2 tracks alone make a driver, lol. I'd say if he were in the Best Performance ride, he would be putting up similar results to Shepp

Bubstr
07-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Your right, it is difficult to compare him to Bobby and Brandon. I think he has as much talent as the two other boys, just not the seat time. He has a excellent mentor as good or better that the other two. His Dad knows how to make a race car fast, no matter what brand it is. As I see it, his only short coming is the ability to secure sponsors. That, no matter what you think is a necessary part of being a successful race car driver. There are a lot of talented drivers sitting on a couch. I don't think he has the knowledge to run a 7 figure business from a toterhome and pay his own way, so I would be putting on that boyish charm and beat the bushes for sponsors. They usually don't come to you. That is where he is lacking.

ptown
07-28-2016, 09:15 AM
Moran is not even close to booby talent, hard to tell about Bshep considering he cheated and soaked his tires to achieve any success.

00Hdmn
07-28-2016, 10:12 AM
Moran is not even close to booby talent, hard to tell about Bshep considering he cheated and soaked his tires to achieve any success.

That is an idiotic comment.....

fryefan
07-28-2016, 11:04 AM
He is definitely a good young driver. Wish him well.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-28-2016, 11:13 AM
That is an idiotic comment.....Consider the source;)

GP27
07-28-2016, 11:15 AM
He is a different style driver than B Shepp or little Bobby. I think he needs to push the issue more at times but he seems to always bring a race car home in one piece and thats part of the game too. IMO

waaac77
07-28-2016, 01:18 PM
We all know he is a good driver. I just want to see him tour more. He seems to just stay close to home so we may never really know how good he could be

Nasty55
07-28-2016, 01:55 PM

And we see that you are still an idiot ptown!! Hows your momma treating you now days? did she ever carpet and remodel your bedroom down stairs in the basement so your old lady wouldnt have to stair at the water heater and the furnace when you were hittin it? come on now ptown you can tell us we wont tell anyone else we promise!! take your time giving us an answer because i know you are still using an old commadore 64 computer and all you havent been able to get yourself an upgrade living in the hood and all.... You Goofy Fuker!!

Nasty55
07-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Devin Moran hasnt even had the chance to show his talent yet because he hasnt ever had the financial backing that he needs to have the best equipment that he needs.... put him in the right ride and that boy will win a ton of races.... and yes i think he is every bit as talented as Pierce and B Shepp!!

pierceFAN
07-28-2016, 02:06 PM
Devin has good equipment no junk

cutman
07-28-2016, 02:28 PM
Devin has good equipment no junk

I don't think anyone is saying he has junk, he just doesn't have the resources of the other two.
There were also a lot of people who thought he would take a step backwards going to a Barry Wright, but that hasn't been the case

00Hdmn
07-28-2016, 03:09 PM
I don't think anyone is saying he has junk, he just doesn't have the resources of the other two.
There were also a lot of people who thought he would take a step backwards going to a Barry Wright, but that hasn't been the case

You have that right...He is one of the only main stream racers I know of making a Wright car work. IMO all three drivers are really talented, Devin doesn't make enemies which is good and bad, he could have more wins if he didn't care to put the door to his competitors, but he doesn't and IMO you don't see that much anymore. Motors are the biggest thing I have noticed that the Moran Crew needs, the last two years they have had to miss races in the middle of the year because of being short on motors. All three are different and all three are really good young talents and future of the sport we all love.

Centeroff
07-28-2016, 03:27 PM
I have had the pleasure of watching 99 come up through the ranks. The young man has talent and a bright future. I like his style and particularly like the way he can find a groove and will search to do so. Shepherd and Pierce are cushion riders and if the cushion isn't there neither aren't normally a factor. That being said I would I would take Pierce or B Shep on a heavy track also because those two cats have the Ballz to stick one down in a corner also. Moran with the right backing has a bright future with the right backing.

TS FAN
07-28-2016, 03:56 PM
I have seen Devin race quite a bit, and I think the talent is there. How far he gets depends on equipment and backing as it always does. Bobby Pierce will probably leave dirt track racing at some point. Nascar will be calling. He has star written all over him. I do realize, as all drivers he has fans and detractors, i am just looking at without bias one way or the other.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-28-2016, 03:58 PM
The kid is a top notch talent. He has as much raw ability as the others mentioned. Was he not somewhere around the 6-7th place mark in the Lucas standings when he bailed out due to lack of funds last year?

TackyTracker
07-28-2016, 05:24 PM
I'm a fan of Devin... mostly because he's young and that's what we will need to keep this sport going so I hope he does well..

hate to hear that funds are keeping him back from getting out there a lot more so if he needs to stay close to home for a few years then so be it

Clayton_Wetter
07-28-2016, 05:38 PM
Devin Moran hasnt even had the chance to show his talent yet because he hasnt ever had the financial backing that he needs to have the best equipment that he needs.... put him in the right ride and that boy will win a ton of races.... and yes i think he is every bit as talented as Pierce and B Shepp!!

In my opinion, he is a lot cleaner a driver than Donnie was.

TerryM
07-28-2016, 05:50 PM
We all know he is a good driver. I just want to see him tour more. He seems to just stay close to home so we may never really know how good he could be
We watched him run three straight nights against the best of the best at the GIS Lucas races back in February. He ran around the top ten all three races. He can wheel it against anybody.

TerryM
07-28-2016, 05:53 PM
In my opinion, he is a lot cleaner a driver than Donnie was.
Donnie was as clean a driver as anyone who ever raced. That's why you never hear a negative word about him.

IZZOJR16
07-28-2016, 07:50 PM
Whenever those threads are started " if you were to start a team who would be your driver/s" I always listed Devin. Its a shame he's not in a TOP OF THE LINE ride. Like others have stated , you can tell by his driving style he has to take care of his equipment, unlike other young drivers that smash into everyone and everything. There were some nasty rumors on 4m years ago about Donnie Moran's financial situation, basically stating " after winning the million he got a little full of himself and p1ssed away all his money." This is 4m so who knows if its true , but if so, that's too bad. But anyway, what about the other brother, why doesn't he drive? My only guess is right now the family can only afford one the boys racing.

Finnfan
07-28-2016, 08:14 PM
I think he's clearly talented, but still learning and maybe not as far along the curve as BShepp and Pierce. Didn't he try to run WoO tour 2-3 years ago and seemed to be in over his head and dropped off the tour after a few races? Could have been sponsor/financial related, but I don't think he was setting the world on fire with results.

IMO, it's still pretty easy to see the talent is there but may be a year or two away.

old fan
07-28-2016, 08:28 PM
we all know he is a good driver. I just want to see him tour more. He seems to just stay close to home so we may never really know how good he could beyou foot the bill i am sure devin will take you up on it

kidrock
07-28-2016, 09:07 PM
Devin no doubt has the talent now if he ever gets the backing he will prove it to the non believers

edavis71
07-28-2016, 10:44 PM
Devin no doubt has the talent now if he ever gets the backing he will prove it to the non believers

My thoughts exactly!!!

kidrock
07-28-2016, 10:51 PM
My thoughts exactly!!!

I like the way you think

zyoung25
07-29-2016, 01:01 AM

Another post from negative Nancy, against one of the guns in the sport.....never seen this coming.

waaac77
07-29-2016, 01:44 AM
you foot the bill i am sure devin will take you up on it

Good one old dude. I think I'll do that. Never thought of it. You have his number so I can call him?

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-29-2016, 06:57 AM
I think he's clearly talented, but still learning and maybe not as far along the curve as BShepp and Pierce. Didn't he try to run WoO tour 2-3 years ago and seemed to be in over his head and dropped off the tour after a few races? Could have been sponsor/financial related, but I don't think he was setting the world on fire with results.

IMO, it's still pretty easy to see the talent is there but may be a year or two away.

See my post above. You are way off.

old fan
07-29-2016, 07:15 AM
Good one old dude. I think I'll do that. Never thought of it. You have his number so I can call him? he's not to hard to find ,you think

Bubstr
07-29-2016, 07:39 AM
I don't like comparing people, but if we must. All there have driving talent. All three have great Mentors. All three have exelent help making what ever car they run, fast. Where Devin comes a little short, is the ability to Hustle sponsorship. Make no mistake, Santa Claus doesn't come around and hand them out. You have to groom for them. You have to ask for them and you have to make them believe it's in their best interest to sponsor you.

B Shep built a relationship with Rocket, that opened other paths. Bobby P went after the Champion sponsorship and did it well and learned a lot from it and now has picked up more. These two went after the dream. Did Devon? Like I say, there are a lot of good drivers, sitting on a couch. There is more to it than driving. You have to be a Dancer, Romancer and pretty fair wild horse rider to excel in this area.

swartzman
07-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Boggs makes a pretty good living racing within a 4hr. drive from home. Donnie has said before in interviews that he raced that money away.. which would be easy to do..

Snake X3
07-30-2016, 07:32 PM
I appreciate everyone taking the time to reply. Good stuff. Thank you! :)