Hoosier_Dirt
07-28-2016, 09:17 AM
He done with the Pierce already? See it for sale on racingjunk.com

bradc
07-28-2016, 09:18 AM
he is back in the older swartz car

JustAddDirt
07-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Figured that would happen. Rooster is really good in the Swartz stuff. Didn't figure the pierce would last long. When I saw him run the Pierce, he did not look comfortable with it. Did not look like it would do what he wanted it too.

pierceFAN
07-28-2016, 04:23 PM
I think he had top five finishes each time out...you'd think he'd give it more than 7 races

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-28-2016, 04:39 PM
I think he had top five finishes each time out...you'd think he'd give it more than 7 races

At Florence specifically, I would say he was 3 to 4 tenths slower. He tried all the tricks he knew.

TS FAN
07-28-2016, 05:03 PM
Yep, really telling at Florence. Probably one of his best tracks

Clayton_Wetter
07-28-2016, 05:40 PM
That Pierce just did not work out for Linville, it never did run as good as the Swartz car for him. They could never get the power to the ground on those dang dry slick tracks.

Cardirt0
07-28-2016, 06:15 PM
The one Hedrick had for 5 weeks could not sell it fast enuff, and me got lucky cause the 2nd car he never picked up, he sold it be for it was done..He said could not get it to stick and the wheel spin was sad real sad ....and at the time he was winning 10 or more races a year....

pickersparadise
07-29-2016, 05:55 AM
Little Bobby seems to do right well in one.................

kidrock
07-29-2016, 06:09 AM
They must not be as smart as the toll cool one on setting the car up. I've seen the kid drive that car on the top or bottom and win it and against some pretty good competetion.

old fan
07-29-2016, 06:13 AM
and the kid can wheel a car , of course how many yrs has been racing

Bob Hubbard
07-29-2016, 06:52 AM
Does someone from the chassis builder go to the track for a guy like linville to get the car going ?

zeroracing
07-29-2016, 07:27 AM
to answer Bob, I don't know if pierce does or not, I know Audie has went before to help. That said if your close many chassis builders will stop by and help you get lined out, some charge some don't. Typically your smaller builders would be more apt to just show up and try to help.

Highside Hustler25
07-29-2016, 07:33 AM
Does someone from the chassis builder go to the track for a guy like linville to get the car going ?

With Bobby racing70-80 nights and being Bob is his crew, it would probably be tough to do.

pierceFAN
07-29-2016, 07:39 AM
Thru the week bob is accessible but come the weekend he's all about Bobby...they give you some setups to help you get going...John sheets won in his first night ever in a late model driving one of culps old Pierce cars and put a "basic set up" and dominated

Josh Bayko
07-29-2016, 08:20 AM
He probably just figured out the Pierce wasn't a good fit for his driving style. It's not like a team changing chassis, then changing back because the other car didn't work out so well is a rare occurrence.

birky time
07-29-2016, 09:05 AM
dustin was getting close to a big win with Swartz car I mean he ran 8th in the north south and the world100 he was running well until I think clanton stuffed him...good luck dustin hope you can pull out a big win for yourself and team

Cardirt0
07-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Pierce car is Built to fit the way Bobby drives .. If you drive like bobby you should do good in car, You dont you wont.....I think there cars are More a fit Car then a lot of the others....Some drivers can make all cars work ... Some need a tipe of car that fits them......Bob dont have as much time too work with people that buy there cars and i think it has hurt there sales.....Its like all places that the CEO is not at home the place dont do as good...Bob Working on his Kids car has hurt all there cars.....

turnleftandgasit
07-29-2016, 10:09 AM
Weaver does pretty good in his Pierce cars, and doesn't drive like Bobby. That being said, I imagine more info goes to Pierce from Kevin, than Kevin asks from them.

Cardirt0
07-29-2016, 10:48 AM
Weaver does pretty good in his Pierce cars, and doesn't drive like Bobby. That being said, I imagine more info goes to Pierce from Kevin, than Kevin asks from them.

I think they drive a lot alike ..But for the Force you way in or slam a slide job ... Witch Weaver will not do....

turnleftandgasit
07-29-2016, 11:00 AM
Kevin likes the bottom a lot more than Bobby.

blncfn57
07-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Kevin likes the bottom a lot more than Bobby.

It wasn't but a year or 2 ago Bobby was called a bottom feeder by some on here.

Highside Hustler25
07-29-2016, 01:02 PM
It wasn't but a year or 2 ago Bobby was called a bottom feeder by some on here.

More like 3 or 4 years ago, Bobby was a bottom feeder. Won a lot of races doing it. He's far from a bottom feeder now.

blncfn57
07-29-2016, 04:06 PM
More like 3 or 4 years ago, Bobby was a bottom feeder. Won a lot of races doing it. He's far from a bottom feeder now.

I was thinking it was 2 years ago that there was the big blowup about the tires in Fairbury...... guess it coulda been longer. That's when I remember people calling him a bottom feeder. If the racetrack is around the bottom, you can bet he will be down there, if the car is capable.

Barbecueboy
07-29-2016, 04:39 PM

Not sure about pierce chassis, but yes......there are folks that do that.

Cardirt0
07-29-2016, 04:40 PM
I was thinking it was 2 years ago that there was the big blowup about the tires in Fairbury...... guess it coulda been longer. That's when I remember people calling him a bottom feeder. If the racetrack is around the bottom, you can bet he will be down there, if the car is capable.

Fairbury is one of them tracks ,If the bottom and top is good (Most of the time they are) He will be on the Bottom.. Erb likes it down there too at Fairbury.........Just like there is a Good change Jason will be on the Top......Then Weaver is in between them all... Means we get to see a He!! of a Race.....

blncfn57
07-29-2016, 04:50 PM
Fairbury is one of them tracks ,If the bottom and top is good (Most of the time they are) He will be on the Bottom.. Erb likes it down there too at Fairbury.........Just like there is a Good change Jason will be on the Top......Then Weaver is in between them all... Means we get to see a He!! of a Race.....

I agree!.....

pickersparadise
07-29-2016, 06:05 PM
They all tell you that they are going to show up at the track and help, chassis builders and engine builders, but most don't, I know audie will show up to help but hes close, pierce is not, Lanigan offers lots of support for the disco club cars.........

charlee08
07-30-2016, 01:18 AM
If Dustin was a regional driver in Illinois then I'm sure he would probably be giving the Pierce more time, but he has no one to bounce ideas off of in the Ohio Valley area and everyone is either in a Rocket, Club29 or Swartz.

Dustin has beat a lot of guys in much more expensive equipment many times in the Swartz. He's a proven winner, so I don't see why he needs to change. I know he's had a bad year, but it only takes one good night to turn it around.

dirtsforracin
07-31-2016, 01:02 AM
I just saw where Dustin picked up a really good sponsor in Tim Short Auto Group. Hopefully this will help turn his luck around. He's one hell of a wheel man no doubt about it.