PDA

View Full Version : What ever was the final verdict with the 5 from the Dream?

*Bandit*
07-30-2016, 02:16 AM
Did anyone hear? Did I miss it? Was wondering with that final appeal what ever happened.
Do we know if the 5 will be racing at the World 100?

bloomy18018
07-30-2016, 03:00 AM
All drivers suspensions upheld.. Date remains the 11th of September. So the 5 will not be racing the World 100

*Bandit*
07-30-2016, 03:26 AM
Thank you wasn't sure

wfo2007
07-30-2016, 06:53 AM
Did anyone hear? Did I miss it? Was wondering with that final appeal what ever happened.
Do we know if the 5 will be racing at the World 100?

Lawyers are now getting involved and I look for this to get ugly.

kidrock
07-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Lawyers are now getting involved and I look for this to get ugly.

Yep and they will be racing at the world in my opinion

old fan
07-30-2016, 07:34 AM
are you so sure

blncfn57
07-30-2016, 08:13 AM

No disrespect, but why would they want to enter an event ran by the same group that "got the test wrong"? I know it is the world 100, but they went away from the dream without a dime to pay all the expenses. If it was me and I was innocent, I'd be reluctant to go back unless I knew what happened to cause the "bad test".

old fan
07-30-2016, 08:20 AM
John Darby was involved now who might that be hmmmm

kidrock
07-30-2016, 08:34 AM
No disrespect, but why would they want to enter an event ran by the same group that "got the test wrong"? I know it is the world 100, but they went away from the dream without a dime to pay all the expenses. If it was me and I was innocent, I'd be reluctant to go back unless I knew what happened to cause the "bad test".

None Taken, You do make a good valid point.

kidrock
07-30-2016, 08:35 AM
John Darby was involved now who might that be hmmmm

A very respected man that came from the Nascar ranks, so what's your point?

stevo
07-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Didn't get test wrong They Cheated!

TDRacinŽ
07-30-2016, 08:42 AM
All drivers suspensions upheld.. Date remains the 11th of September. So the 5 will not be racing the World 100

It's actually the 13th now I believe. There's a thread explaining it all on here.

old fan
07-30-2016, 08:49 AM
A very respected man that came from the Nascar ranks, so what's your point? if he said everything was on the up and up I believe him and by looking at the past history of 2 of them you don't think would try it again

gorj
07-30-2016, 08:54 AM
And Bloomer says he's gonna get paid 1st place money for the Dream, no your not! More than 5 drivers tires were tested, everyone didn't fail. These 5 won't enter this years World 100.

blncfn57
07-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Didn't get test wrong They Cheated!

I agree with ya, I was just making a point that if they hire lawyers they are saying the test results are wrong...... if that is the case why would you want to subject yourself to the same "bad procedure"?

chupp n bloomer fan
07-30-2016, 09:35 AM
I agree with ya, I was just making a point that if they hire lawyers they are saying the test results are wrong...... if that is the case why would you want to subject yourself to the same "bad procedure"?Because in the end no matter what it's The World 100.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-30-2016, 09:37 AM
I do think they will, at least a couple, Sheppard was one I'm pretty sure of, be getting lawyers involved.

In the end I think the suspensions will remain, unless they find something blatantly wrong, or catch them on a technicality.

fryefan
07-30-2016, 11:50 AM

Even if they get lawyers, which I doubt they will, the outcome of a court case would not be known for several months/years.

Highside Hustler25
07-30-2016, 12:11 PM
The chance now that any of the 5 will beat this case is about as good as Bloomer getting his $$$ from last years weight infraction. Odds that any of them will compete at the World is slim to none.

kidrock
07-30-2016, 12:17 PM
Even if they get lawyers, which I doubt they will, the outcome of a court case would not be known for several months/years.

You could be right but, could they not get a injuction so they could race until the case was settled or until the other side filed a motion to a higher court and they reverse the injunction. I'm not a lawyer so, I'm sure someone with more knowledge of that stuff could correct me.

Finnfan
07-30-2016, 12:19 PM
My bet is this just quietly fades away and we'll eventually stop hearing about it, much like Bloomer's problem at the scales. If you've noticed, you don't hear any of the 5 drivers making a lot of noise about it now and you won't see any of them at this year's World 100. After the World it will be business as usual and the only time you hear about this again will be a year end review of highlights.

It seemed like after WRA got Darby involved, which IMO was a smart move on their part, and he interviewed the drivers involved (or reps for them) and visited the facilities and observed how the tests were done, there hasn't been a single statement issued by any of the drivers or teams involved.

Mams
07-30-2016, 05:26 PM
You could be right but, could they not get a injuction so they could race until the case was settled or until the other side filed a motion to a higher court and they reverse the injunction. I'm not a lawyer so, I'm sure someone with more knowledge of that stuff could correct me.

Hopefully not because if they are still found guilty they've taken a spot from someone else.

Clayton_Wetter
07-30-2016, 05:35 PM
karma!!!!! The World 100 will be rained out and ran the following weekend!!!! hahahhahhaaha

plunks7
07-30-2016, 05:58 PM
Hopefully not because if they are still found guilty they've taken a spot from someone else.

It would be hard to take somebody's spot. Being no one has qualified yet. And if you look at it that way. Maybe thee someone else's shouldn't be their in the first place!!!!!

IZZOJR16
07-30-2016, 06:25 PM
Barbecue has taken over the thread yet lol.. " hes like the last one standing at the Alamo " never forget , they couldn't haaaaaaaaaaave cheated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mams
07-30-2016, 07:41 PM
It would be hard to take somebody's spot. Being no one has qualified yet. And if you look at it that way. Maybe thee someone else's shouldn't be their in the first place!!!!!

Plain & simple, if any of the 5 get to race at the World 100 thru an injunction, make the race & then are still found guilty they have taken a spot in the race from someone else. It's not that difficult to understand.