PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Carrier

wfo2007
07-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Heard he was just in a bad wreck at Atomic.

pierceFAN
07-30-2016, 06:37 PM
He's ok...on the way to the hospital for possible broken arm but he is ok

golddirt
07-30-2016, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear

dirtdobber45
07-30-2016, 08:19 PM
Dam that sux hope hes ok

pierceFAN
07-30-2016, 08:33 PM
2 broken bones in his arm...as bad as the car looked I'm surprised that's all...glad he's ok

Nasty55
07-30-2016, 09:17 PM
2 broken bones in his arm...as bad as the car looked I'm surprised that's all...glad he's ok

Thanks for the updates on Eddie pierceFAN ... Much appreciated... Carrier Jr will bounce back im sure... any pictures of his car anywhere?

SHOE32
07-30-2016, 09:44 PM
Eddie carrier Jr facebook page has two picks.Car is so bent in half it won't fit in trailer.glad he is ok.

PennDirt
07-30-2016, 09:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/P4jwz2P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vqhNJUX.jpg

PennDirt
07-30-2016, 10:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jetGWCm.jpg

MI Dirt Fan
07-30-2016, 10:15 PM
What did it wrap around? A pole? Was there video? Thanks. Sounds like he's lucky it wasn't worse

NormP
07-30-2016, 10:19 PM
Very lucky it wasn't the driver's side. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

JinxNC
07-30-2016, 11:03 PM
Best wishes ECJ!

*WEAVER*
07-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Sounds like he hit the turn 3 wall.

t3r3e3
07-30-2016, 11:43 PM
While some may disagree, it's time for Atomic to do something about the turn 3 wall. A uke tire in front of it is not cutting it. Too many guys have been hurt, and too many cars torn up. Put a d@mn wall around the back of the track, or change the angle up so it isn't almost head on into the point. That crap was ridiculous ten years ago, and it still is today.

zyoung25
07-31-2016, 01:06 AM
While some may disagree, it's time for Atomic to do something about the turn 3 wall. A uke tire in front of it is not cutting it. Too many guys have been hurt, and too many cars torn up. Put a d@mn wall around the back of the track, or change the angle up so it isn't almost head on into the point. That crap was ridiculous ten years ago, and it still is today.

There's been several Cars strike that wall in the last month, eddie is the second one to get hurt bad by hitting it. A boy got hurt during the ohio sprint week a few weeks ago too, a boy in a sport mod got knocked out 2 weeks ago from hitting it, then of course Carpenters wreck. As I said in another thread, I look for Brad to bring that wall either on around turn 3, or add more to it on over the hill and use tires to soften the blow over the winter.

I honestly can't believe it seems more cars hit it now than what they did before it got added to the first time.

Eddie just can't seem to catch a break this year for nothing.

hipower17
07-31-2016, 06:41 AM
wonder how long it will take to make this change?

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2016, 07:05 AM
Dam, soon as I seen it I knew what happened. The amount of sh!t torn up in that turn, and torn up bad, is big. Glad Eddie will be ok, though beings that he broke it bad, it may give him issues forever.

Big fan of his, wish him a speedy recovery

big jim #1
07-31-2016, 07:15 AM
Video of it on gibby's dirt track racing on face book

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2016, 07:24 AM
Video of it on gibby's dirt track racing on face bookThe second he touched that uke tire, it moved, and he hit that feeder block or whatever they are calling them concrete dividers. It's not a jersey barrier.

BTExpress
07-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Just watched the video. I have never been to Atomic, but if I was the owner/promoter I would be working on replacing that dangerous wall TODAY.... even putting Jersey barriers all the way around that turn is a fairly inexpensive short term fix!!!!!

Shiny Side Up 18
07-31-2016, 02:19 PM
Farmer City isn't much better. I cringe every time someone drops their right side tires off the track on the backstretch there.

hoodpin
07-31-2016, 04:56 PM
This is true!

george w
07-31-2016, 06:18 PM
Any thoughts on Eddie's opinion ???

https://mobile.twitter.com/carrier_jr/status/759776911933468672

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2016, 06:38 PM
Any thoughts on Eddie's opinion ???

https://mobile.twitter.com/carrier_jr/status/759776911933468672In a way yes I agree. But in another, it can be fixed for not sh!tloads of money. Someone gets really fuked up there, or dies, then the least that will happen is a change, if not it'll get shut down. By far one of my favorite tracks, but that turn and grandstands it needs for sure.

BIGSTEVE00
08-01-2016, 10:37 AM
If that was on the driver side he wouldn't be here today. Glad Eddie walked away, and with just a couple broken bones in his arm, which is bad enough but the main thing is he walked away. Get well soon Eddie Jr!!

BIGSTEVE00
08-01-2016, 11:12 AM
There isn't really much else they can do with that end of the wall. The only way around it is to take the wall all the way around the track but imo that would be worse. Seeing how many cars go over the top of the backstretch a wall all the way around wouldn't be very good. Plus I don't think the drivers(especially the sprint cars) would like that too well. If they took the tires out then all you'd have to hit is the end of the wall. If you take a look at just about every dirt track there is a dangerous spot in almost all of them. Look at the end of the wall that Rick Venom hit at Legendary Hilltop, and the really dangerous spot at Hagerstown(lookup the worst wreck at Hagerstown on YouTube and you'll see what I'm talking about). But Eddie and his wife said it best, every single driver knows the risk they put their self in every time they hit the race track. Every driver going out there knows that spot is there. But the people on social media bashing these race tracks are killing our sport. You ever wonder why NASCAR has empty seats? Come on guys lets not make our dirt track racing like that. Support your local track no matter what track it is and keep negative(bashing) comments to yourself.

bradc
08-01-2016, 12:24 PM
I dont think asking for safety improvements is bashing a track.

Barbecueboy
08-01-2016, 12:50 PM
I dont think asking for safety improvements is bashing a track.

Fantastic post............

tsand
08-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Just adding a tire berrier would help a lot. This saved keselowski life the other day.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-01-2016, 05:33 PM
There isn't really much else they can do with that end of the wall. The only way around it is to take the wall all the way around the track but imo that would be worse. Seeing how many cars go over the top of the backstretch a wall all the way around wouldn't be very good. Plus I don't think the drivers(especially the sprint cars) would like that too well. If they took the tires out then all you'd have to hit is the end of the wall. If you take a look at just about every dirt track there is a dangerous spot in almost all of them. Look at the end of the wall that Rick Venom hit at Legendary Hilltop, and the really dangerous spot at Hagerstown(lookup the worst wreck at Hagerstown on YouTube and you'll see what I'm talking about). But Eddie and his wife said it best, every single driver knows the risk they put their self in every time they hit the race track. Every driver going out there knows that spot is there. But the people on social media bashing these race tracks are killing our sport. You ever wonder why NASCAR has empty seats? Come on guys lets not make our dirt track racing like that. Support your local track no matter what track it is and keep negative(bashing) comments to yourself.NASCARS problem is their product fukin stinks.

I go to Atomic at least once a year, and pointing out how dangerous turn 3 is and the unsafe stands to the right of the press box isn't bashing. It's Captain Obvious, and putting on blinders just cause you really like a track is no better than doing nothing but b!tching about a track, driver, or series.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Just adding a tire berrier would help a lot. This saved keselowski life the other day.Yes. A real tire barrier, not one or two uke tires. Two high, two deep. Or on end about three deep.

flash49
08-01-2016, 08:00 PM
I haven't been to Atomic in several years, but I was visiting friends in Ashland, KY., and went up for Saturday night's race. I had just gotten there before fast laps started, and having been there many times in the past, knew about the treacherous third turn wall, and was watching the cars negotiate the spot. That was a horrible crash, and I'm just glad Eddie wasn't hurt any worse than he was. I love going to Atomic, but pointing out safety shortcomings certainly in not in the realm of bashing.

racingfool32
08-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Anyone have a link to the page it's on?

Slideways
08-01-2016, 10:14 PM
I saw the video. Man, he hit a ton.

TS FAN
08-01-2016, 11:12 PM
Get well Eddie. Atomic, fix the stinking turn 3 situation, or close the track!!!!

hoodpin
08-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Wonder if they somehow put mounds of dirt around the end of the wall would help? Be softer than concrete. Tire barriers might be the better short term solution.

BIGSTEVE00
08-02-2016, 04:12 PM
I love seeing this right here. Eddie Jr all smiles. Get well soon Eddie Carrier Jr!!!

Barbecueboy
08-02-2016, 04:55 PM
I love seeing this right here. Eddie Jr all smiles. Get well soon Eddie Carrier Jr!!!

That is an awesome picture..........even the baby is grinning from ear to ear.

The carriers are some fine folks.......no doubt about it.

KAOS
08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
See if Atomic was #FALS this would be the converstion: The turn 3 wall is the best design there is, I love it, makes sure the guys with BALLS are the only ones going to take the high line into 3. Also the drivers hit the wall making it the Driver's fault so this is really not the tracks problem .*Edited*

chupp n bloomer fan
08-02-2016, 09:17 PM
See if Atomic was #FALL this would be the converstion: The turn 3 wall is the best design there is, I love it, makes sure the guys with BALLS are the only ones going to take the high line into 3. Also the drivers hit the wall making it the Driver's fault so this is really not the tracks problem .I think you mean FALS and are being sarcastic.

Crashmagnet
08-03-2016, 03:26 PM
A uke tire full of dirt aint much different than a concrete wall, you don't see uke tires anywhere near Watkins Glen or Sonoma