PDA

View Full Version : Bloomquist makes it look easy

Centeroff
07-31-2016, 01:02 AM
0 nearly broke the track record in qualifying at the Taz. Cherry picked 10k tonight but he didn't have to drive far to do it! Smart play in my book

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2016, 07:18 AM
0 nearly broke the track record in qualifying at the Taz. Cherry picked 10k tonight but he didn't have to drive far to do it! Smart play in my bookCherry picked the Lucas race there to less than a month ago too.;)

Beings that he's suspended from WRG stuff, about his only choice. Just as BShepp did picking up 3k in Ohio for the same reasons.

old fan
07-31-2016, 09:15 AM
Yeah he was smart because fairbury would not have been cherry pickin time if allowed to race I am sure he was glad to get out ILL though

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2016, 09:31 AM
Yeah he was smart because fairbury would not have been cherry pickin time if allowed to race I am sure he was glad to get out ILL thoughSeeings how the PDC was a WoO race it was purely going to be optional anyway. I dunno if it was on his schedule before the tire stuff anyway. Tazewell being in your backyard, and being dam good there, for $10k, versus Illinois and great competition on a track not really his type. Financially I'd have probably went to the Taz, but I'm pretty sure he was going to the PDC till the tire stuff.

old fan
07-31-2016, 09:37 AM
and got his but kicked by a 19 yr old Tuesday night

TS FAN
07-31-2016, 11:52 AM
This is what you call stinking up a show. Glad I wasn't there. I am not saying he shouldn't have run there, he is entitled to run where he wants. But it is not a lot of fun to watch something like this. He ran a UMP Florence race for 5Gs a few years back and the same thing happened.

dirtdobber45
07-31-2016, 12:02 PM
It was a test session and there was 10k just laying around....BONUS!!! lmao

wfo2007
07-31-2016, 12:10 PM
and got his but kicked by a 19 yr old Tuesday night

How did your boy Superman do this weekend?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-31-2016, 12:21 PM
It was a test session and there was 10k just laying around....BONUS!!! lmao

That was a pre test!

#FALSuperman
07-31-2016, 12:30 PM
Bloomer was definitely coming to the PDC, along with Owens and BShep until the suspension was uphelp. Like him or not, he brings A LOT of fans to the World, as does Owens, along with BShep starting to get a following. It will be a hit not having them at the World 100. I know there will be fans that don't show because of these suspensions. Also, Landers wasn't at the PDC because he's at home building a new car.

acetone
07-31-2016, 12:52 PM
no such thing as cherry picking

old fan
07-31-2016, 01:34 PM
How did your boy Superman do this weekend? didn't do shi1t just like all the other lucas oil guys they probably eould 've better shot following bloomer

Centeroff
07-31-2016, 02:32 PM
So many 0 haters out there. The man is the best the dirt has ever seen. There will never be another Scott Bloomquist. The long hair fooled a lot of people in the 80s but now everybody knows he can win on any given night.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
07-31-2016, 02:42 PM
So many 0 haters out there. The man is the best the dirt has ever seen. There will never be another Scott Bloomquist. The long hair fooled a lot of people in the 80s but now everybody knows he can win on any given night.

If he could win on any given night he would never loose!
What happened last wknd?

old fan
07-31-2016, 02:50 PM
hey centeroff DREAM on lol

old fan
07-31-2016, 02:51 PM
So many 0 haters out there. The man is the best the dirt has ever seen. There will never be another Scott Bloomquist. The long hair fooled a lot of people in the 80s but now everybody knows he can win on any given night.got his but kicked by 19 yr old tuesday night

TDRacinŽ
07-31-2016, 03:31 PM
Bloomer was definitely coming to the PDC, along with Owens and BShep until the suspension was uphelp. Like him or not, he brings A LOT of fans to the World, as does Owens, along with BShep starting to get a following. It will be a hit not having them at the World 100. I know there will be fans that don't show because of these suspensions. Also, Landers wasn't at the PDC because he's at home building a new car.

I hope you're right! BTW If you know of any of them not going, could you have them give info on how to get their seats? Bloomer's fan club has some excellent patio seats that I would like to have!!

old fan
07-31-2016, 04:02 PM
yeah first the 2 NIGHTS I can stretch out lol

Clayton_Wetter
07-31-2016, 07:03 PM
got his but kicked by 19 yr old tuesday night

There is a seven year old I know that could kick your butt!!!! hahahhahahaahahaa

old fan
07-31-2016, 08:24 PM
and would that prove except a night in the pokey

NormP
07-31-2016, 09:00 PM
didn't do shi1t just like all the other lucas oil guys they probably eould 've better shot following bloomer

Yeah Erb the Lucas oil guy really stunk it up last night didn't he?

old fan
07-31-2016, 09:13 PM
he did ok but according some woo guys are lower than pond scum I was told the same thing the woo guys didn't have a chance ole MR Richards took home a nice 32 k and we all if bobby didn't have his miss fortune it might 've been a different story all together and only erb ran well lanigan francis and davenport were not even a factor

Highside Hustler25
07-31-2016, 09:17 PM

You got that right.Especially when theirs 10,000 big ones up for grabs.

dirtdobber45
07-31-2016, 09:22 PM
If he could win on any given night he would never loose!What happened last wknd?You picked him on Snipers picks last wk a-hole... lol

NormP
07-31-2016, 09:26 PM
he did ok but according some woo guys are lower than pond scum I was told the same thing the woo guys didn't have a chance ole MR Richards took home a nice 32 k and we all if bobby didn't have his miss fortune it might 've been a different story all together and only erb ran well lanigan francis and davenport were not even a factor

There were 2 Lucas guys in the top 5. I'd say they did alright.

You just refuse to admit Bloomquist is the best ever, and it gives you absolute (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) fits every time he wins. Which is pretty dam n often.

dirtdobber45
07-31-2016, 09:27 PM
You got that right.Especially when theirs 10,000 big ones up for grabs.I disagree in a way...not cherry pickin if its for 5k or more BUT if they go run at a local track for 2k...yea thats cherry pickin

dirtdobber45
07-31-2016, 09:38 PM
got his but kicked by 19 yr old tuesday night
and got his but kicked by a 19 yr old Tuesday nightHow many times you say the same thing????

old fan
07-31-2016, 09:40 PM
sometimes you have to repeat it because people don't believe it the first time

old fan
07-31-2016, 09:43 PM
I disagree in a way...not cherry pickin if its for 5k or more BUT if they go run at a local track for 2k...yea thats cherry pickin you better rethink that the amount means to win dos not dictate the quality of car counts you know somrtimes those cherries are to big to pick

old fan
07-31-2016, 09:44 PM
There were 2 Lucas guys in the top 5. I'd say they did alright.You just refuse to admit Bloomquist is the best ever, and it gives you absolute (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) fits every time he wins. Which is pretty dam n often. but the lucas guys are suppose to be so much more superior then any one else out there

plunks7
07-31-2016, 11:15 PM
but the lucas guys are suppose to be so much more superior then any one else out there

Your right on your assumption. That is why they suspended them. So the BOO WOO could win one of their races. Between now and next weekend, it wouldn't surprise one bit if BOO WOO suspend the LOLM guys that raced last night.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-01-2016, 06:49 AM
I disagree in a way...not cherry pickin if its for 5k or more BUT if they go run at a local track for 2k...yea thats cherry pickin

Jd ran a high dollar paying crate race i think it was 20k or more, and they said he was cherry pickn.

old fan
08-01-2016, 08:16 AM
you can't fix stupid

old fan
08-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Your right on your assumption. That is why they suspended them. So the BOO WOO could win one of their races. Between now and next weekend, it wouldn't surprise one bit if BOO WOO suspend the LOLM guys that raced last night.bull chit if you think bloomer or owens could 've won this weekend bshepp that's another story if you play by the rules you don't get burnt doesn't matter who your name is

Kromulous
08-01-2016, 09:49 AM
The tire thing is a non issue, get over it. He got caught, or got hosed in insufficient / inaccurate testing procedures, either one it doesn't matter.

Bloomquist is the best DLM racer of all time, period.

As for cherry picking, when its free to race and everything is free to own, then there wont be cherry picking. Meanwhile these guys need to pay the bills.

JD just blew a motor not long ago, that's not cheap for anyone.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-01-2016, 11:23 AM
You picked him on Snipers picks last wk a-hole... lol

Yup and you see how it cost me too.

gorj
08-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Virginia Motor Speedway - Ultimate 20K to win this Saturday.

brsteg
08-01-2016, 03:55 PM
I do believe there is a such thing as cherry pickin'; but there is no such thing as cherry pickin' a $10,000 to win show.

dirtdobber45
08-01-2016, 05:32 PM
you better rethink that the amount means to win dos not dictate the quality of car counts you know somrtimes those cherries are to big to pick
Jd ran a high dollar paying crate race i think it was 20k or more, and they said he was cherry pickn.I was thinking more of what Moyer has done over the last few years. And SS, I think of JD more of a dingleberry picker than cherry...lmao

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-01-2016, 07:31 PM
I was thinking more of what Moyer has done over the last few years. And SS, I think of JD more of a dingleberry picker than cherry...lmao

Sounds like one of your names before becoming d!ckgobber45

Clayton_Wetter
08-01-2016, 07:37 PM
sometimes you have to repeat it because people don't believe it the first time

Guess what? We still don't believe it after the one thousandth time. hahhahahahahaaa

SHOE32
08-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Doesn't anyone else ever wonder why WRG and WoO never seem to find illegal tires on their series driver's,but constantly on others. You people honestly think the rocket house car or any other top teams on that series don't mess with tires.Come on people..Satterly not running series this year,Bam,gets popped for tires,hmmmm.

ClampedUp
08-02-2016, 04:19 AM
Doesn't anyone else ever wonder why WRG and WoO never seem to find illegal tires on their series driver's,but constantly on others. You people honestly think the rocket house car or any other top teams on that series don't mess with tires.Come on people..Satterly not running series this year,Bam,gets popped for tires,hmmmm.

Satterlee has never run the WoO series full time.

SHOE32
08-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Ok,I thought he ran all of them couple years ago,my bad. But I still think every top late model team does tire prep. Hell,I used to race limited lates and you had to just to keep up.

Josh Bayko
08-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Satterlee has never run the WoO series full time.

He's never run any series full time, except for maybe the original incarnation of the UFO or the Three State Flyers deal.

racingfool32
08-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Bloomer hater here. But 10,000 to win down the road from the shop. I say go pick it up with a third of what it cost to travel.

Aces&Eights
08-03-2016, 12:47 PM
0 nearly broke the track record in qualifying at the Taz. Cherry picked 10k tonight but he didn't have to drive far to do it! Smart play in my book

Hard work and dedication can make things look easier. Please define Cherry Picking for me?

randysluder
08-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Hard work and dedication can make things look easier. Please define Cherry Picking for me?

I was there and he annihilated the field. But I did feel sorry for the Southern National regulars. It was like MLB playing A-ball. BTW, I took a photo late at night around Bloomer's car and one of his guys asked to see it. Said the boss kill him if he let someone take the wrong photo... LOL

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 01:10 PM
There is a seven year old I know that could kick your butt!!!! hahahhahahaahahaa

I know some sidewalks that have done the same thing........

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 01:12 PM
you can't fix stupid

Said the bibliography of the history of " stupid"......

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 01:14 PM

Nope.......nobody has ever wondered that ......ever.

Aces&Eights
08-04-2016, 10:53 AM
I was there and he annihilated the field. But I did feel sorry for the Southern National regulars. It was like MLB playing A-ball. BTW, I took a photo late at night around Bloomer's car and one of his guys asked to see it. Said the boss kill him if he let someone take the wrong photo... LOL

Personally I hate the term, "Cherry Picking" I think its demeaning and accusatory, like he did something wrong showing up at the children's playground. Everyone there was in a dirt late model, using the same rules and having the same opportunity. You either show up ready to race or you don't. Your either a dedicated professional or a dilettante. Scott made it his life's work to race DLM and make a living at it, if they don't want travelers picking their so called, "Cherries", give out trophies instead of cash. This isn't a personal rant on you, just the term. I watched the race on DoD and even though the race seemed well in hand it wasn't a cake walk either. Lapped traffic was menacing and I saw several close calls that could've spelled disaster, even for Farmer Scott. Peace.

dirtdobber45
08-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Hard work and dedication can make things look easier. Please define Cherry Picking for me?'Cherry picking' is when a big name driver shows up to a local track paying 2k or less to win...like Moyer has done in the past

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-04-2016, 11:17 AM
'Cherry picking' is when a big name driver shows up to a local track paying 2k or less to win...like Moyer has done in the past

Thats not true defination of cherry pickn.

dirtdobber45
08-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Sounds like one of your names before becoming d!ckgobber45Bet youd like to have a gobber...ask your 'special' friend Id say theyd be more than willing to help you out hun lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Bet youd like to have a gobber...ask your 'special' friend Id say theyd be more than willing to help you out hun lol

I like ur sniper picks babe! Lol

dirtdobber45
08-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Thats not true defination of cherry pickn.Whats your definition? And remember we are talking cherries not dingleberries

dirtdobber45
08-04-2016, 11:24 AM
I like ur sniper picks babe! LolDid ya now? I figured Id give him a chance since neither of my guys can go lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Whats your definition? And remember we are talking cherries not dingleberries

If it were for dingleberries you would be first in line.
Definition is when you race where there is easy competition or low car count almost garenting u a win. Has nothing to do w the amount.
Haters said jd was cherry picking a crate race in dublin ga a few yrs ago and it was for 20 or 30k.

dirtdobber45
08-04-2016, 05:00 PM
If it were for dingleberries you would be first in line.Definition is when you race where there is easy competition or low car count almost garenting u a win. Has nothing to do w the amount.Haters said jd was cherry picking a crate race in dublin ga a few yrs ago and it was for 20 or 30k.Same dif man. But how many big names do it for less than 2k?

Aces&Eights
08-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Same dif man. But how many big names do it for less than 2k?

Moyer don't. Only haters claim, "Cherry Picking", if you put up money for the win its fair game. People act like Scott and Billy are using alien technology against pinewood derby cars. Time to put on your big boy pants and race, ready or not.

dirtdobber45
08-04-2016, 06:27 PM
You need to go back before Billy 'semi-retired' and youll see where he would show up in Arkansas or Mizzou or Louisiana at some 2k show and win while lucas and/or woo were having a 10k+ race some wheres else...thats cherry pickin.

old fan
08-04-2016, 06:59 PM
he was doing what scot does yep you got it testing lol

dirtdobber45
08-04-2016, 07:10 PM
he was doing what scot does yep you got it testing lolScott goes to 5k+ test sessions Billy goes(or did) to 2k sessions...dont make sense.

Aces&Eights
08-05-2016, 08:52 AM
You need to go back before Billy 'semi-retired' and youll see where he would show up in Arkansas or Mizzou or Louisiana at some 2k show and win while lucas and/or woo were having a 10k+ race some wheres else...thats cherry pickin.
Smart, smart man.

Scott goes to 5k+ test sessions Billy goes(or did) to 2k sessions...dont make sense.

Makes perfect sense, takes money to race and if its gonna be profitable you have to do what makes mathematical sense as well. A lot of younger up and comers could learn a thing or two picking and choosing their fights, they might try reading, "The Art of War". Go where your more likely to get paid, perfect your setup and then when the time comes for serious big money you swoop in and take it, that's why Billy's got so many Globe trophies, its called "Outlaw Racing" for a living, not bragging rights. Save bragging rights for the fools.

Kromulous
08-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Moyer did a lot of that back in the 80's and early 90's back when money was really tight. I heard it told he lived in Larry Shaw's basement awhile, when he started out.

A lot of these people on this site wont remember that era, but Moyer was tough to beat but he didnt follow the masses much. If a race was closer to home and paid about 1/2 of what another big race was paying further away, he was there collecting.

Smart too, built a nice life for himself doing it. Thats where most people don't get it, these guys don't work a 9 to 5, if they dont win, especially back then, they don't eat.

Aces&Eights
08-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Moyer did a lot of that back in the 80's and early 90's back when money was really tight. I heard it told he lived in Larry Shaw's basement awhile, when he started out.

A lot of these people on this site wont remember that era, but Moyer was tough to beat but he didnt follow the masses much. If a race was closer to home and paid about 1/2 of what another big race was paying further away, he was there collecting.

Smart too, built a nice life for himself doing it. Thats where most people don't get it, these guys don't work a 9 to 5, if they dont win, especially back then, they don't eat.

Its nice to see somebody understands, great post. I think this is why we have so many flash in the pan guys. They come in, spend a ridiculous amount of money and quit without winning much if any because they go right to the deep end of the pool. You gotta pick you fights and diesel ain't cheap either. Billy stayed with Larry so long he married Larry's sister...