PDA

View Full Version : Bobbys Crash

Cardirt0
07-31-2016, 10:20 AM
Come on people Post some Pics of the crash......The one I have seen the car is Trashed....
Seems like he was Flying up tell then....

Highside Hustler25
07-31-2016, 10:30 AM
sheet metal trashed but car not as bad as it looked

Cardirt0
07-31-2016, 10:34 AM
So its the Old look bad, but not so bad,Lots of sheet and small parts bent but not the frame....

pierceFAN
07-31-2016, 10:35 AM
It was a soft roll

zyoung25
07-31-2016, 10:37 AM
Did something break to make him roll? Or did he just get into the wall? Didn't look like a hard crash regardless.

old fan
07-31-2016, 10:43 AM
that flip was weird , thinking the right front dug in to the cushion

TackyTracker
07-31-2016, 12:04 PM
he was doing just fine then BAMM.. to bad but that's racing.. tough break hope the car isn't to bad

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2016, 12:09 PM
that flip was weird , thinking the right front dug in to the cushionMark this down, it's a rarity, but I agree with ya Litey. With the way they run the rf these days, and the cushion that way, that's what it looked like to me as well.

He was running well though till that. But it's the old adage, live and die by the cushion. Run it, but don't depend on it.

Cardirt0
07-31-2016, 12:28 PM
Mark this down, it's a rarity, but I agree with ya Litey. With the way they run the rf these days, and the cushion that way, that's what it looked like to me as well.

He was running well though till that. But it's the old adage, live and die by the cushion. Run it, but don't depend on it.

Yea the crack in the side walk will get you .. If you dont step over them......Back wheel on the Cushion Great ,,,Front wheel in the Cushion Not so much......

#FALSuperman
07-31-2016, 12:33 PM
Bobby had right front suspension break, and it caused him to dive into cushion, causing the flip.

Cardirt0
07-31-2016, 12:43 PM
Just watch the Vid of it and he just got in to the cushion too hard.. Back Hit the Cushion to hard and then the front slammed it because of it....He just needs too say he drove in too hard....If the right Front had broken he would have Nosed it in....

#FALSuperman
07-31-2016, 12:55 PM
I guess believe what you want. It's what happened. He's young and yes gets overzealous at times. No denying he's a talent out there on dirt.

Cardirt0
07-31-2016, 01:14 PM
Bobby needs too learn that the Last lap is the only lap he needs too lead... Save that Slide job for the last lap... If and when he does,,,,,, He will win a LOT of races...........

old fan
07-31-2016, 01:23 PM
he didn't wreck doing the slide job

Cardirt0
07-31-2016, 01:46 PM
he didn't wreck doing the slide job

Did not say he did ....But he needs too learn if you off the track you cant win....Cant win the race on the first lap.. It the Last lap were you win .. You need too be on the track too win....He trys too hard some times .. Lots of the big names set in 2nd place till the end of the race .. And BOOM they pass them and Win...Moyer Is good at this Ask him how meany races hes won on the last lap Pass.....

pierceFAN
07-31-2016, 01:50 PM
Bobby drove a hellava race...had the crowd in thier feet and that's a good thing for racing...sucks that he got bit buy the cushion but that's the risk you take...it's easy to say take it easy but with all the adrenaline it's sometimes hard plus when you let off and take it easy that's when stuff goes wrong....this time it went the other way...bobby has a lot of wins and we all know the big ones are coming

old fan
07-31-2016, 01:52 PM
2 time summer nat champion looks like 2 time national champion I would say he is doing just fine

Cardirt0
07-31-2016, 01:58 PM
Bobby drove a hellava race...had the crowd in thier feet and that's a good thing for racing...sucks that he got bit buy the cushion but that's the risk you take...it's easy to say take it easy but with all the adrenaline it's sometimes hard plus when you let off and take it easy that's when stuff goes wrong....this time it went the other way...bobby has a lot of wins and we all know the big ones are coming

If he learns To control that Adrenaline He could win a lot of races...If hes good he needs to learn how too.. Thats just as much part of races as gassing the car.....Letting off is just as much racing as going all out.. If it goes Wrong it was meant too be....

old fan
07-31-2016, 02:15 PM
being only 19 will be difficult to control starting close to front could've helped also

pierceFAN
07-31-2016, 02:25 PM
He had to be up on the wheel....22nd to 2nd and one of the most dominate drivers once out in front just in front of him in Richards....hard to let off...keep your line...pass hm...put a few lappers in between...just one tiny miscue...FYI Bobbys not in it for second...he has a drive to win like no other...if you don't think he is learning each lap your mistaken...he absorbs info like a sponge...he has shown patients on many of occasion...more so than the last couple years.

Centeroff
07-31-2016, 02:28 PM
The crash was a product of relying on the cushion. The cushion makes critical time but cost critical dollars!

pierceFAN
07-31-2016, 02:41 PM
My hunch is if could have gotten around Richards you would have seen him drop down to the bottom

Highside Hustler25
07-31-2016, 02:43 PM
The kid drove from 22nd to the front and a keyboard racer's gonna tell him how to drive:confused:

That berm was grabbing plenty of guys all weekend. Some recovered, some didn't. Babb, Shirley, JD, and others jumped it numerous times. They were lucky it didn't end their night like it did Bobby's.

The slider Bobby thru at Josh was perfectly executed. Unfortunately for him, Josh drove under him and retook the lead. After watching Pierce Sat. night, their is no doubt He is ready to run a National tour. And if he did, he'd be a threat to win. If you don't agree, you haven't seen him race or you're blind.

Mosidebite
07-31-2016, 04:21 PM
I Can't disagree with HH25

wfo2007
07-31-2016, 04:27 PM
The kid drove from 22nd to the front and a keyboard racer's gonna tell him how to drive:confused:

That berm was grabbing plenty of guys all weekend. Some recovered, some didn't. Babb, Shirley, JD, and others jumped it numerous times. They were lucky it didn't end their night like it did Bobby's.

The slider Bobby thru at Josh was perfectly executed. Unfortunately for him, Josh drove under him and retook the lead. After watching Pierce Sat. night, their is no doubt He is ready to run a National tour. And if he did, he'd be a threat to win. If you don't agree, you haven't seen him race or you're blind.

Well said!!!!

pierceFAN
07-31-2016, 04:43 PM
He is Definatly fun to watch

Bubstr
07-31-2016, 04:57 PM

H H that about sums it up. It's easy to drive from the bleachers and everyone can do it. Most here don't even know where you drive in to run the cushion properly or how you want the car set up or what the pit fall of more laps is on that line, but still want to give advise. They may be the same ones that like the prevent defense that allows the other team to steal a win in overtime, because you changed your momentum. If your in the zone, it's hard to turn it on and off at will, anywhere but in the stands. I might add, hindsight is 20/20 also. This kid has all the tools to be a all time great in this sport, if he can just put them together with out messing with his head. No one can beat you more often, than your own head. There is no give up in this kids head, he just needs better plans for better results.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2016, 06:55 PM

The slider Bobby thru at Josh was perfectly executed. Unfortunately for him, Josh drove under him and retook the lead. After watching Pierce Sat. night, their is no doubt He is ready to run a National tour. And if he did, he'd be a threat to win. If you don't agree, you haven't seen him race or you're blind. I seen where no one was telling him how to drive, or degrading him. For once, not a bash Bobby thread. He drove his a$$ off, got the nose tweaked, hit the cushion with the RF too much, think he said he couldn't really turn right then, and was fuked. Erb's one of the only ones who can make the bottom work. 95% of the guys to make a move are using the cushion there. And once in awhile if you stay there the whole time, it's going to get you more than likely. The cushion got him Friday, and put him behind, so to get to the front Saturday, he had to use the cushion. And Casebolts misfortune started Pierces bad luck. It's only what I seen with my own eyes. He has talent, and drove his a$$ off, as did Casebolt, who got screwed by a freakin water pump.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-31-2016, 06:59 PM
H H that about sums it up. It's easy to drive from the bleachers and everyone can do it. Most here don't even know where you drive in to run the cushion properly or how you want the car set up or what the pit fall of more laps is on that line, but still want to give advise. They may be the same ones that like the prevent defense that allows the other team to steal a win in overtime, because you changed your momentum. If your in the zone, it's hard to turn it on and off at will, anywhere but in the stands. I might add, hindsight is 20/20 also. This kid has all the tools to be a all time great in this sport, if he can just put them together with out messing with his head. No one can beat you more often, than your own head. There is no give up in this kids head, he just needs better plans for better results.Pit falls of more laps on that line. That's the only thing anyone implied, that the cushion can bite your a$$. Which is common sense, and starting 22nd at Fairbury pretty much means you gotta get up on the wheel and hit that cushion. He drove his a$$ off, as did Casebolt, and both ended up with zip to show for it.

Cardirt0
07-31-2016, 07:24 PM
Pit falls of more laps on that line. That's the only thing anyone implied, that the cushion can bite your a$$. Which is common sense, and starting 22nd at Fairbury pretty much means you gotta get up on the wheel and hit that cushion. He drove his a$$ off, as did Casebolt, and both ended up with zip to show for it.
Sometimes the fastest car dont Win... Sometimes you lose cause someone else Crashes you...Sometime you are the Show but dont Win the show...Bobby ran that race with good clean driving ,Sometimes that not enuff...Sometime you need LUCK... Some times you need to slow down too Win.. He got to the top 3 he need to slow down and then win it....He will learn ,,, I say he got some People Back on his side Sat.....

Highside Hustler25
07-31-2016, 07:31 PM
More big races @ FALS have been won on the cushion than on the hub.

Krooser
07-31-2016, 08:28 PM
All I know is when he crashed the cheers were deafening

Highside Hustler25
07-31-2016, 08:53 PM
All I know is when he crashed the cheers were deafening

lol Them Fairbury faithful will never forget a couple years ago. He's definitely not a crowd favorite at FALS.

pierceFAN
07-31-2016, 08:57 PM
lol Them Fairbury faithful will never forget a couple years ago. He's definitely not a crowd favorite at FALS.

I sat in turn one for the fals frenzy expecting to be surrounded by boo birds but I never heard any...lots of cheers when he won... Could be the location

#FALSuperman
07-31-2016, 09:27 PM
IMO Bobby won some fans back. Give him time. We all know he's still quite young. He will have the boo birds, and have the cheers. I mean how cool it must be to be able to play the part of "hero" and "villain"...He's like Batman!

t4g2
07-31-2016, 09:30 PM
Ya its def location turn 1 is old timers trying to relive the dads history. I sit in turn two an lots of boos. He's improving just have some learning to do as I don't root for him because of the things he's done to a few of my favorite drivers.

fryefan
07-31-2016, 09:44 PM
Just watch the Vid of it and he just got in to the cushion too hard.. Back Hit the Cushion to hard and then the front slammed it because of it....He just needs too say he drove in too hard....If the right Front had broken he would have Nosed it in....

That is exactly what it looked like. The right front most likely broke when he pounded the wall with it.

fryefan
07-31-2016, 09:48 PM

Did Cierra go kick the cushion's butt? Just kidding!!!

Bobby had a heck of a run going until he jumped the cushion.

old fan
07-31-2016, 09:50 PM
they said on dod that when bobby ran into the back of richards I think it was casebolts caution that might been part of the culprit

kidrock
07-31-2016, 09:53 PM
Dale Earnhardt said it best no matter if they are cherring or booing they are least they are making noise.

turnleftandgasit
07-31-2016, 10:02 PM
While I don't care for Booby, I do enjoy watching him race. It wouldn't ruin my weekend seeing him win (like it does when Erb or Bloomer does) but I prefer he doesn't.

Centeroff
07-31-2016, 11:08 PM
I think they should grade all the cushions down before the start of every major feature. Imo cushions are for sprint cars and drivers who can't pass clean or find a way to get the car good enough to win. I bet nascar puts a speed bump around the top of the track so some of the less fortunate teams can win lol. You have to be able to get the car to work in multiple grooves to win major championships unless your initials are JD

old fan
08-01-2016, 07:03 AM
If you can't run the cushion you ain't worth watching

Bubstr
08-01-2016, 10:52 AM
I think they should grade all the cushions down before the start of every major feature. Imo cushions are for sprint cars and drivers who can't pass clean or find a way to get the car good enough to win. I bet nascar puts a speed bump around the top of the track so some of the less fortunate teams can win lol. You have to be able to get the car to work in multiple grooves to win major championships unless your initials are JD

I think you would have a lot of the cushion runners agree with grading it down. The tall berm is what hurts the high side guys, not help them. Jump the berm and you taste the wall. It's the moisture right at the cushion that gets side bite and forward drive. Being able to run high, low and the middle is a sign of a well rounded driver. If you can't drive where the guy in front of you isn't, the view never changes.