PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere else but FALS....

zach51
08-01-2016, 02:01 PM
...Most of you would have been complaining about how much equipment got tore up. Way more than the Show-Me. But the FALS blinders are in full effect! As I said before, look for Richards to be the man to beat at the World since WOO has banned the threatening competition from the rival tour :)

CIRF
08-01-2016, 02:02 PM
This oughta' be good!

zach51
08-01-2016, 02:06 PM
I didn't see all the mention of the carnage until I just saw the Tyler Erb thread just now, or else I wouldn't have started this one, but oh well, let 'er roll! (No pun intended)

dirtwriter
08-01-2016, 02:26 PM
...Most of you would have been complaining about how much equipment got tore up. Way more than the Show-Me. But the FALS blinders are in full effect! As I said before, look for Richards to be the man to beat at the World since WOO has banned the threatening competition from the rival tour :)

Did you go the race? The Wells crash was definetly track related. The Tyler Erb crash was him driving through Unzicker and flipping them both. Swibold got caught up in a racing deal with too many people trying to get to the same spot and it happened on the front stretch. The Pierce crash was a part failure. Clearly you have never been to FALS and apparently you can't read the driver reviews of this race. Chris Ferguson said it was the best track in America. Your conspiracy theory is laughable. They all got caught cheating. Period. So go ahead and climb back in your hole and actually ATTEND the race before getting on here and bashing anyone

formercrewguy
08-01-2016, 02:28 PM
What does FALS stand for?

it"s a dirt thing
08-01-2016, 02:30 PM
fairbury american legion speedway

CIRF
08-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Chris Ferguson said it (FALS) was the best track in America.It would be interesting to know if Ferguson has been to and/or raced at every track in America. It'd be a bit difficult to confirm if he hasn't.

huskerdirt
08-01-2016, 02:52 PM
I didn't see all the mention of the carnage until I just saw the Tyler Erb thread just now, or else I wouldn't have started this one, but oh well, let 'er roll! (No pun intended)

Clear out your PMs.... Thanks!

zach51
08-01-2016, 03:10 PM
dirtwriter is the winner winner chicken dinner! First one with blinders to take the bait! Congratulations good sir.

PM's cleared Husker (didn't know they were full)...only had like 20 lol.

dirtwriter
08-01-2016, 03:21 PM
dirtwriter is the winner winner chicken dinner! First one with blinders to take the bait! Congratulations good sir.

PM's cleared Husker (didn't know they were full)...only had like 20 lol.
Its idiots like you ruining the sport you moron. Why dont you actually attend a race before you go on bashing tracks like FALS ,who do their absolute best to put on a show. I just explained exactly what happened in each instance and you clearly are too stupid to read. GFY

Barbecueboy
08-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Did you go the race? The Wells crash was definetly track related. The Tyler Erb crash was him driving through Unzicker and flipping them both. Swibold got caught up in a racing deal with too many people trying to get to the same spot and it happened on the front stretch. The Pierce crash was a part failure. Clearly you have never been to FALS and apparently you can't read the driver reviews of this race. Chris Ferguson said it was the best track in America. Your conspiracy theory is laughable. They all got caught cheating. Period. So go ahead and climb back in your hole and actually ATTEND the race before getting on here and bashing anyone

According to woo they cheated..........that bone still has some meat left on it.

Stay tuned for hurt feelings when it gets dug back up.( maybe even mine)

And just so you don't think that I think anything otherwise, I have to be in agreement with fergy( and I haven't been to fals yet)...have heard too many other reputable drivers and crew say the exact same thing.......must be something to it.

CIRF
08-01-2016, 03:35 PM
I just knew this was gonna' get good! LOL!

zach51
08-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Very mature hot take right there, appreciate your comments. So I am ruining in the sport? Wow you make me feel special, I didn't realize I had that much pull. Where did I say that FALS wasn't doing their best to put on a good show? I didn't question anybody's effort, just merely observing that FALS can do no wrong in the eyes of some folks on here, like yourself, that have a hard on so stiff and overwhelming that it is covering their eyes. You had an excuse ready for EVERY accident that occurred there. You are so blinded by your lust for FALS and urge to defend them (which they don't need defending because they didn't do anything wrong), that you can't help yourself.

dirtwriter
08-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Whatever there little fella.

BN247
08-01-2016, 03:58 PM
I think Fals is something you have to experience to truly appreciate. Some might not understand that and that's fine. I watch videos from tracks I think are not good but I have never been there so have no idea what they are really like. I grew up going here and it was nothing like it is now. I just got back into going to the races. I was blown away when I realized how popular Fals was on a national level. When I went to the PDC last year I quickly understood why. Experience like I have had at no other track.

pierceFAN
08-01-2016, 04:07 PM
The society we've become makes people look at the bad first...I think some people just purposely seek to find something that isn't quite what they expect just do they can complain...whether it be lines too long or they ran out of food or the announcer stinks BLA BLA BLA...I try to look at the good in things otherwise if you go looking for the bad your gonna find it and nothing good comes from it...just a thought

reid boys
08-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Zach what do you think they should do to make it better in your eyes?

old fan
08-01-2016, 05:37 PM
this oughta be good , yeah Zach have you been there really doubt it

zyoung25
08-01-2016, 05:48 PM
It would be interesting to know if Ferguson has been to and/or raced at every track in America. It'd be a bit difficult to confirm if he hasn't.

Pretty sure that's just his opinion, doesn't matter if it really is or not.

old fan
08-01-2016, 05:53 PM
how many people have raced or attended every track in the nation not even Kenny Schrader has done that

PennDirt
08-01-2016, 06:10 PM
So I am ruining in the sport? Wow you make me feel special, I didn't realize I had that much pull.

I feel for you, 4M poster zach51. That's a heavy cross to carry, man.

Time to modify my list of things ruining dirt late model racing.

zach51

35 Crown Jewel races

Pay Per View

FANSFund

Not televising the World 100 on national TV

CIRF
08-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Pretty sure that's just his opinion, doesn't matter if it really is or not.It obviously does to him.

Bubstr
08-01-2016, 07:33 PM
I am betting that zach didn't know it rained there Sat afternoon and still no ruts. Falls Track crew, right on top of things ordered a jet helicopter to air dry the track. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

onlyfacts
08-01-2016, 08:25 PM
...Most of you would have been complaining about how much equipment got tore up. Way more than the Show-Me. But the FALS blinders are in full effect! As I said before, look for Richards to be the man to beat at the World since WOO has banned the threatening competition from the rival tour :)Total idiot... Fairbury is a way better track than Wheatland. Facility is better at Wheatland which is understandable but give me Fairbury any day over Wheatland. And Zach you do realize that none of the 5 drivers that were disqualified finished in front of Richards at the Dream... In fact the only one that has 5 time this year anywhere is Bloomquist... Richards has beat Bloomquist 2 to1 all season...But there are plenty of others that have a good chance... Including Dennis Erb.

old fan
08-01-2016, 08:46 PM
And the track was rough at wheatland alot rougher than fals yeah wheatland is fancy but i would takes fals eldora or florence any day of the week

kidrock
08-01-2016, 08:49 PM
I would have to say from the 2 races I saw on DoD the Wheatland A-main was more entertaining then the A-main at FALS this weekend. I'm not saying FALS wasn't a good race because it was I just thought Wheatland was a little better.

kidrock
08-01-2016, 08:50 PM
And the track was rough at wheatland alot rougher than fals yeah wheatland is fancy but i would takes fals eldora or florence any day of the week

Yes Wheatland was rough but, it was a pretty entertaining race.

old fan
08-01-2016, 08:52 PM
More entertaining because of the mishaps and carnage and wheatland got lucky i was there a couple years ago people were walkng out half way thru the race

onlyfacts
08-01-2016, 08:55 PM
...Most of you would have been complaining about how much equipment got tore up. Way more than the Show-Me. But the FALS blinders are in full effect! As I said before, look for Richards to be the man to beat at the World since WOO has banned the threatening competition from the rival tour :)Total idiot... Fairbury is a way better track than Wheatland. Facility is better at Wheatland which is understandable but give me Fairbury any day over Wheatland. And Zach you do realize that none of the 5 drivers that were disqualified finished in front of Richards at the Dream... In fact the only one that has 5 time this year anywhere is Bloomquist... Richards has beat Bloomquist 2 to1 all season...But there are plenty of others that have a good chance... Including Dennis Erb.

onlyfacts
08-01-2016, 09:00 PM
I Checked the finishes between Bloomquist and Richards this year the best I could... I was wrong on the 2 to 1 for Richards it is over 3 to 1. Bloomquist beat Richards 5 times this year to Richards beating Bloomquist 16 times.

fryefan
08-02-2016, 01:08 AM

There was a valid reason why Wheatland was rough. They had tons of rain the week of the Show-Me 100. Most other tracks would have been rained out.

fryefan
08-02-2016, 01:10 AM
I would have to say from the 2 races I saw on DoD the Wheatland A-main was more entertaining then the A-main at FALS this weekend. I'm not saying FALS wasn't a good race because it was I just thought Wheatland was a little better.

The Prairie Dirt Classic was a very good race, but the Show-Me 100 was a better race and certainly more entertaining.

kidrock
08-02-2016, 06:19 AM
The Prairie Dirt Classic was a very good race, but the Show-Me 100 was a better race and certainly more entertaining.

I agree and that's taking nothing away from the PDC because it was a good race like you said.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-02-2016, 06:58 AM
I feel for you, 4M poster zach51. That's a heavy cross to carry, man.

Time to modify my list of things ruining dirt late model racing.

zach51

35 Crown Jewel races

Pay Per View

FANSFund

Not televising the World 100 on national TV

I like your list!

W2Racing09
08-02-2016, 08:13 AM
I Checked the finishes between Bloomquist and Richards this year the best I could... I was wrong on the 2 to 1 for Richards it is over 3 to 1. Bloomquist beat Richards 5 times this year to Richards beating Bloomquist 16 times.

This information will be useful.

Barbecueboy
08-02-2016, 10:28 AM

To every screaming cheerleader in the rocket man fan club..........

ILRaceFan007
08-02-2016, 01:04 PM
The original post that starts this thread makes a valid point.

There are some who would defend FALS at any cost. ANY cost. FALS could have four foot deep ruts in the turns and 18 of 24 cars in a race roll over...and the track would be defended by some as the "drivers were at fault". FALS could run a show until 4:15 am with only 31 cars in the pits and one race every hour and a half, followed by grading the whole track...and some would defend it with "don't you want your track to be perfect for every heat? FALS does!"

They could have a 50k to win show, have 7 late models show up, 231 total fans, bathrooms plugged up and leaking all over the place, PA turned up to 12 with Miley Cyrus announcing, start it at 11pm after a brief rain shower, and charge 95 bucks a ticket...and some would defend it as "worth every penny because of the atmosphere."

That's what the guy is talking about when he says blinders. And no track talked about on this entire board has more supporters with blinders on. Is it a great place? Yes. Is it the best track in Illinois? Probably so, yes, when all things are considered. Is it the "best dirt track in America"? Well, that is certainly debateable, and you will hear people from Eldora or Lernersville or Knoxville or Deer Creek or Cedar Lake or I-55 or Volusia that might say otherwise. Is it perfect? Hell, no. Despite what some on here say. And the FIRST people to tell you it's not perfect are the people running it. They strive to do better every show just like every other track in America.

No one is taking anything away from FALS, but some of you guys, c'mon. The very same stuff you complain about with other tracks gets a free pass when it happens at FALS. "Wasted too much time prepping" for other tracks is "they care about the racers and fans more" at FALS. "That cushion tears up cars" at other tracks becomes "that's the beauty of FALS, if you don't like it, run the bottom!"

So, basically, that's all some of us are saying. FALS is great. The crew does a great job. But...BUT, blinder boys...they can make mistakes, too, just like every single track in America. And just once in awhile it would be nice to hear even the most loyal fans of the place say, "yeah, that wasn't good." You hear it about other places. You can say it about FALS, too.

formercrewguy
08-02-2016, 01:11 PM

There are some who would defend FALS at any cost. ANY cost. FALS could have four foot deep ruts in the turns and 18 of 24 cars in a race roll over...and the track would be defended by some as the "drivers were at fault". FALS could run a show until 4:15 am with only 31 cars in the pits and one race every hour and a half, followed by grading the whole track...and some would defend it with "don't you want your track to be perfect for every heat? FALS does!"

They could have a 50k to win show, have 7 late models show up, 231 total fans, bathrooms plugged up and leaking all over the place, PA turned up to 12 with Miley Cyrus announcing, start it at 11pm after a brief rain shower, and charge 95 bucks a ticket...and some would defend it as "worth every penny because of the atmosphere."

That's what the guy is talking about when he says blinders. And no track talked about on this entire board has more supporters with blinders on. Is it a great place? Yes. Is it the best track in Illinois? Probably so, yes, when all things are considered. Is it the "best dirt track in America"? Well, that is certainly debateable, and you will hear people from Eldora or Lernersville or Knoxville or Deer Creek or Cedar Lake or I-55 or Volusia that might say otherwise. Is it perfect? Hell, no. Despite what some on here say. And the FIRST people to tell you it's not perfect are the people running it. They strive to do better every show just like every other track in America.

No one is taking anything away from FALS, but some of you guys, c'mon. The very same stuff you complain about with other tracks gets a free pass when it happens at FALS. "Wasted too much time prepping" for other tracks is "they care about the racers and fans more" at FALS. "That cushion tears up cars" at other tracks becomes "that's the beauty of FALS, if you don't like it, run the bottom!"

So, basically, that's all some of us are saying. FALS is great. The crew does a great job. But...BUT, blinder boys...they can make mistakes, too, just like every single track in America. And just once in awhile it would be nice to hear even the most loyal fans of the place say, "yeah, that wasn't good." You hear it about other places. You can say it about FALS, too.

Hahahahahahaha...the Miley Cyrus bit was a good one!!

zach51
08-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Did they play "Wrecking Ball"?

CIRF
08-02-2016, 02:43 PM

Whoa!!!

It's REALLY gonna' get good now!!

plunks7
08-02-2016, 03:05 PM
What I don't get from a lot of RACE FANS. Is how long the show goes, what the hell else is their to do after the races? But party your a$$ off. For the people that have to work, your the one that made the decision to go to the races as soon as you stepped out the door!!!!!! I didn't know their was a time limit to run the BOO WOO and LOLMS races.

cgrace
08-02-2016, 03:55 PM
What I don't get from a lot of RACE FANS. Is how long the show goes, what the hell else is their to do after the races? But party your a$$ off. For the people that have to work, your the one that made the decision to go to the races as soon as you stepped out the door!!!!!! I didn't know their was a time limit to run the BOO WOO and LOLMS races.im one that likes being done bylike 10-11 causeI drive 1.5hours home and comeback or if kidscome.. also agree w ILRaceFan007

Highside Hustler25
08-02-2016, 05:33 PM
I find it funny that someone from Alabama is butthurt because a track in Illinois produces quality racing.

Clayton_Wetter
08-02-2016, 05:48 PM
If the racing is good and the track is tacky I don't care when they get done.

FALS!! You are number one in my books.

Clayton_Wetter
08-02-2016, 05:50 PM

Better validate the info first.

old fan
08-02-2016, 06:12 PM
im one that likes being done bylike 10-11 causeI drive 1.5hours home and comeback or if kidscome.. also agree w ILRaceFan007wow an 1 hot to 1.5 been doing for al most 40 years some leaving the track ar 130 am or later next question

TackyTracker
08-02-2016, 06:14 PM
what's also funny is it wasn't that long ago that Fairbury had a rep for having train races...

pierceFAN
08-02-2016, 06:36 PM
What I don't get from a lot of RACE FANS. Is how long the show goes, what the hell else is their to do after the races? But party your a$$ off. For the people that have to work, your the one that made the decision to go to the races as soon as you stepped out the door!!!!!! I didn't know their was a time limit to run the BOO WOO and LOLMS races.

I agree...kills me...but someone will always find something to fault

Nasty55
08-02-2016, 07:04 PM

Best Post Yet!! You hit the nail right on the head when you said it can and does happen at other tracks!!

fastford
08-02-2016, 09:06 PM
I find it funny that someone from Alabama is butthurt because a track in Illinois produces quality racing.

have to agree with you HH25 , but were not all that way, he!!, im just glad we still have some where to race down here, sh!tty bathrooms and all......

skids
08-02-2016, 10:37 PM
People who don't think a show consistently running late is a big deal are ignorant.

How does a track survive? They must attract new people. Where is the best place to start attracting new people?
KIDS!
Who else?
Out of towners!
What is the worst thing for both?
A late night.
Out of towners and parents with kids will not keep coming back if they are consistently getting home late. Just because YOU don't have anything better to do but party the rest of the night does not mean that's the case for everyone.

What's wrong with putting a priority on moving the show along and getting done as early as possible? Then those wanting to party can have at it and those wanting to get home can do so. Everybody is happy.

Instead we have some with the attitude "if you don't like the late nights, don't come." Wow! That'll benefit the track.

Time management (IMO) is the weak link at FALS.
It's not rocket science.
Several small "fixes" could take care of the issue.

*Stop waiting between races to get the next race on the track. Especially the features. Get them out there (and check the lineup) WHILE the post race winner's circle interview is going on. No need to wait until it's complete and all are off the track.

*Speed up the reading of the lineups over the raceceiver on a caution. Too much dead air and pace laps. (WoO does an awesome job of this....rarely more than a lap to get lined back up). Drivers not getting where they are told should be black flagged. Period.

*wrecker crews need to put more priority on speed. I realize some wrecks are more challenging than others to get off the track, but there is definitely not a noticeable "urgency" to getting it done on any of them. A friend told me there is a track down south that's doesn't even have wreckers. They use forks on the front of an end loader. Pick em up and take em out to the pits. I LOVE THAT!

I have no doubt that if these issues were addressed, an already hugely popular FALS would become even more popular.

Jet Jockey
08-03-2016, 07:39 AM
I agree with everything Skids said. I would also like to add a few other items. I thought the driver pill draw and the helicopter side show killed the momentum of the evening. The fans were jacked and ready to go after hot laps and then an hour long delay for both of these items. They could have been done in the afternoon (consider at the Bus during Suave Talk) to add more excitement to that event. It was a huge buzz kill. Also,the modified scrambles are not necessary. Another buzz and time killer. I am not sure why these were added to the program other than the current political correctness of everyone getting an award. If the need for these continues, please run the first scramble immediately after the B-main. The cars should not even leave the track. By-passing driver introductions was a welcome addition and was indicative of the staff realizing that the program had taken too long. Thanks for that.

old fan
08-03-2016, 07:45 AM
So tell me how does eldora survive oh this oughta be good

turnleftandgasit
08-03-2016, 08:58 AM
I did updates for the PDC, and called the winners at 1104pm........WOW, SO LATE.

turnleftandgasit
08-03-2016, 09:06 AM
http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?360570-fals-pdc/page4

skids
08-03-2016, 09:08 AM
I did updates for the PDC, and called the winners at 1104pm........WOW, SO LATE.

Uh, look again. That would be 12:04 A.M.

turnleftandgasit
08-03-2016, 09:11 AM
I just went by what the post says, but I see it is a hr behind. Midnight is not late either. It is the biggest race of the year. Could they have sped up the program......yes, but no need to in my opinion.

fastford
08-03-2016, 09:14 AM
i do have to give TST a lot of credit on moving the program along, organization and the advent of the raceceiver has helped tremendously , 90% of time, all races are over by 11. I like to hang out sometimes after race with some buddies and have a few beers and a lot of the time the owner ,on his way out , will stop and tell us " yall know where the lock is so lock up when you leave" , this IMO takes care of everyone.

skids
08-03-2016, 09:22 AM
So tell me how does eldora survive oh this oughta be good

Let me answer your question with some questions of my own...

How many fans show up at an Eldora weekly show?
If Eldora was in a "dry" county and no alcohol allowed... how many would show up for the World 100?

turnleftandgasit
08-03-2016, 09:36 AM
I would love a "dry" race track.

CIRF
08-03-2016, 10:02 AM

If Eldora was in a "dry" county and no alcohol allowed... how many would show up for the World 100?What you say about the World being in a dry county and how many would show up is absolutely spot on.

I would love a "dry" race track.I'll second that, tlagi! Some tracks being "dry" would be more appealing than others.

turnleftandgasit
08-03-2016, 10:09 AM
We were treated to a young lady "blowing chow" as she slammed her beer due to the "no outside can" rule. I am not against drinking, but I am against acting an azz.

skids
08-03-2016, 10:15 AM
we were treated to a young lady "blowing chow" as she slammed her beer due to the "no outside can" rule. I am not against drinking, but i am against acting an azz.

agreed! Amen!

dualdj1
08-03-2016, 11:17 AM
Those of us that work at FALS and attend every week, know that there were issues, and the board continually reassesses all events. Was this year great overall? Sure it was. Was there room for improvement? Absolutely. Mother nature didn't help on saturday, putting us 45 min or so behind schedule to begin with. The rollovers, as mentioned, were partly track, partly driver. Everyone was racing hard trying to get in, and the track was fast. Things happen.

As far as track prep, as a driver I like slick track. As a fan, I don't care if it's slick or tacky, as long as there are at least 2 grooves. Once again this weekend the track surface was pretty even, and drivers could be competitive anywhere on the track. Even though it was rough in spots and contributed to a few wrecks, to me the track prep was still a success, even if not ideal from a driver perspective.

By our standards, this was probably the worst PDC since making it a WOO event. It was still a very good race, and a good race weekend, but we like (as much as everyone else) to see those back and forth lead changes, and have the race contested right up till the end. Again a good race, but Richards was solidly in control down the stretch.

Trust me, as much as we love our track and defend it, the board and the workers don't have blinders. They're the first ones looking at those areas that weren't great, and figuring out how to improve them for next year, just as they did when they decided to add more seating and the new bathrooms. Thank you to all who have supported this event, and to all of our volunteer board members and workers.

Bubstr
08-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Those of us that work at FALS and attend every week, know that there were issues, and the board continually reassesses all events. Was this year great overall? Sure it was. Was there room for improvement? Absolutely. Mother nature didn't help on saturday, putting us 45 min or so behind schedule to begin with. The rollovers, as mentioned, were partly track, partly driver. Everyone was racing hard trying to get in, and the track was fast. Things happen.

As far as track prep, as a driver I like slick track. As a fan, I don't care if it's slick or tacky, as long as there are at least 2 grooves. Once again this weekend the track surface was pretty even, and drivers could be competitive anywhere on the track. Even though it was rough in spots and contributed to a few wrecks, to me the track prep was still a success, even if not ideal from a driver perspective.

By our standards, this was probably the worst PDC since making it a WOO event. It was still a very good race, and a good race weekend, but we like (as much as everyone else) to see those back and forth lead changes, and have the race contested right up till the end. Again a good race, but Richards was solidly in control down the stretch.

Trust me, as much as we love our track and defend it, the board and the workers don't have blinders. They're the first ones looking at those areas that weren't great, and figuring out how to improve them for next year, just as they did when they decided to add more seating and the new bathrooms. Thank you to all who have supported this event, and to all of our volunteer board members and workers.

This just about says it all. No one is more critical of Fals than the ones that run it. That is why it's a premier track and will only get better. It reminds me of a old race car owner in the 50s. He said," You ask three questions after a race or any competition. What did I do right? What did I do wrong? and What can I do to make it better. If your honest with yourself, you will get better."

ILRaceFan007
08-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Great post, dualdj1...exactly what I said, no one is more aware of any faults FALS might have more than those who run it and prepare it.

I also agree 100% about a dry slick track.

Clayton Wetter, the 70's called, they want their track prep back. Time has apparently passed you by, sir, both with your ridiculous ideas on how a track should be prepared and your personal politics. But let's stick to racing. The wet, tacky, hard-on-equipment-makes-everyone-fast style of dirt track prep is passe. (That means "no longer fashionable", btw)

The best 2- and 3-wide racing happens on evenly-prepared, smooth, slick tracks that bring out the talent in the drivers and does not tear up equipment so bad. The last time I was at a tacky track...a couple of years ago in Kentucky, it was a bottom-feeding choo choo train. Fast? Maybe. Dusty? Nope. Exciting? Not at all. Dualdj1 is right, the slick is preferred. Sure there's going to be times when rain during the week and high humidity in the air will make a track less dry or even tackier than normal, but that does NOT guarantee a better race.

Now, back to FALS...blinder boys, do you see the people that actually run your track say it's not perfect and they strive to do better? They have it right. They don't have their nose so far in the air it's affecting wind farm efficiency. They keep digging and striving for better, and they know nothing is perfect. It would HELP them if you would acknowledge the same and stop using only one hand on the keyboard and the other somewhere else when you're posting about FALS.

muddy mike
08-03-2016, 02:32 PM
i have seen good races on both wet and dry tracks if you like dry slick half throttle racing thats fine but thats not the best racing if thats what you like you might as well go watch asphalt

NormP
08-03-2016, 03:26 PM
Dry slick is the exact opposite of asphalt. Asphalt has more grip than the tackiest dirt track in the country.

CIRF
08-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Dry slick is the exact opposite of asphalt. Asphalt has more grip than the tackiest dirt track in the country.Ya' beat me to it Norm!

The "dry slick is like asphalt" statement is a bit confusing and contradictory.

#FALSuperman
08-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Here's a great link to read...perspective from someone out east that has never been to FALS until last weekend.http://thedirtnetwork.blogspot.com/2016/08/a-weekend-at-fals.html?m=1

muddy mike
08-03-2016, 04:39 PM
you drive the cars about the same on asphalt as a dry track trying to keep it straight all the time and not spin the wheels and they can get slick when its hot and or sunny

turnleftandgasit
08-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Don't like dry slick.

Clayton_Wetter
08-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Great post, dualdj1...exactly what I said, no one is more aware of any faults FALS might have more than those who run it and prepare it.

I also agree 100% about a dry slick track.

Clayton Wetter, the 70's called, they want their track prep back. Time has apparently passed you by, sir, both with your ridiculous ideas on how a track should be prepared and your personal politics. But let's stick to racing. The wet, tacky, hard-on-equipment-makes-everyone-fast style of dirt track prep is passe. (That means "no longer fashionable", btw)

The best 2- and 3-wide racing happens on evenly-prepared, smooth, slick tracks that bring out the talent in the drivers and does not tear up equipment so bad. The last time I was at a tacky track...a couple of years ago in Kentucky, it was a bottom-feeding choo choo train. Fast? Maybe. Dusty? Nope. Exciting? Not at all. Dualdj1 is right, the slick is preferred. Sure there's going to be times when rain during the week and high humidity in the air will make a track less dry or even tackier than normal, but that does NOT guarantee a better race.

Now, back to FALS...blinder boys, do you see the people that actually run your track say it's not perfect and they strive to do better? They have it right. They don't have their nose so far in the air it's affecting wind farm efficiency. They keep digging and striving for better, and they know nothing is perfect. It would HELP them if you would acknowledge the same and stop using only one hand on the keyboard and the other somewhere else when you're posting about FALS.

You have your opinion, but it's a fact that people have made FALS a top choice because of the track prep. And also a fact that tacky tracks do not drive people away. Don't know your real reasons for supporting dry slick tracks but you are just hurting the sport and driving off fans if that's the way you want race tracks to be. The 1970's have nothing to do the way it is now, other than race track did use to be watered and cut up better than now. If you want a smooth race track then maybe blacktop would be a better choice for you instead of trying to make dirt racing a road construction project for the sake of laying down a smooth surface.

You are wrong about the amount of passing and side by side racing. I've seen by far the best racing on tacky tracks and at times have seen side by side racing on slow slick tracks that bored me to death. Making a track the same speed from top to bottom can be achieved on any surface, but To watch cars runs separate lanes side by side at times makes the race too boring and predictable. Especially when you realize just how much effort there is legally and illegally into putting the power to the ground. Instead of driving all out and getting good traction, too many times now it all comes down to whoever qualifies the best while the track has some moisture and then are able to have the best knowledge and technology to get less wheel spin and more traction. There is no art to the best setup compared to all out racing on tacky surfaces.

Don't know why tacky racetracks would upset you that much anyway. Is there a reason that you can tell us? Are you saying that you are willing to ruin dirt racing because it is too hard on equipment. Paying people in the stands are there to see speed, not a wheel spinning contest where somebody won they doped a tire or just happened to be able to put more traction down than the other wheel spinners.

Sorry but dry slick and dusty track are killing the sport, and only the diehards and people who have not seen anything but a dusty racetrack are holding it together, along with the major racing series that still fill up the stands regardless of how good the racing really is.

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Here's a great link to read...perspective from someone out east that has never been to FALS until last weekend.http://thedirtnetwork.blogspot.com/2016/08/a-weekend-at-fals.html?m=1

I wouldn't read much into that write up. I could've wrote that and not even shown up. Pretty bland take.

Not to mention he is a popular website employee.

zyoung25
08-03-2016, 05:53 PM

If Eldora was in a "dry" county and no alcohol allowed... how many would show up for the World 100?

Not trying to start a war here. The dtwc is held in a dry county, and a no aclcohol environment, and it doesn't stop people from coming to it, I believe the same would happen at the world. It being in a dry place wouldn't stop the drinkers from coming.....it's a proven fact every year in October.

dirtyboy
08-03-2016, 06:45 PM
You have your opinion, but it's a fact that people have made FALS a top choice because of the track prep. And also a fact that tacky tracks do not drive people away. Don't know your real reasons for supporting dry slick tracks but you are just hurting the sport and driving off fans if that's the way you want race tracks to be. The 1970's have nothing to do the way it is now, other than race track did use to be watered and cut up better than now. If you want a smooth race track then maybe blacktop would be a better choice for you instead of trying to make dirt racing a road construction project for the sake of laying down a smooth surface.

You are wrong about the amount of passing and side by side racing. I've seen by far the best racing on tacky tracks and at times have seen side by side racing on slow slick tracks that bored me to death. Making a track the same speed from top to bottom can be achieved on any surface, but To watch cars runs separate lanes side by side at times makes the race too boring and predictable. Especially when you realize just how much effort there is legally and illegally into putting the power to the ground. Instead of driving all out and getting good traction, too many times now it all comes down to whoever qualifies the best while the track has some moisture and then are able to have the best knowledge and technology to get less wheel spin and more traction. There is no art to the best setup compared to all out racing on tacky surfaces.

Don't know why tacky racetracks would upset you that much anyway. Is there a reason that you can tell us? Are you saying that you are willing to ruin dirt racing because it is too hard on equipment. Paying people in the stands are there to see speed, not a wheel spinning contest where somebody won they doped a tire or just happened to be able to put more traction down than the other wheel spinners.

Sorry but dry slick and dusty track are killing the sport, and only the diehards and people who have not seen anything but a dusty racetrack are holding it together, along with the major racing series that still fill up the stands regardless of how good the racing really is.

Wetter you claim to support tracks that work the surface and keep things tacky, have you been to Fairbury? I been going there 40 years and havent seen ya. Enjoy Brownstown dude!

cgrace
08-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Not trying to start a war here. The dtwc is held in a dry county, and a no aclcohol environment, and it doesn't stop people from coming to it, I believe the same would happen at the world. It being in a dry place wouldn't stop the drinkers from coming.....it's a proven fact every year in October.LMAO didnt realize that. everyone aroundus broughtin flasks now i know why.

#FALSuperman
08-03-2016, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't read much into that write up. I could've wrote that and not even shown up. Pretty bland take.Not to mention he is a popular website employee.Chis Ferguson isn't... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154371404709814&substory_index=0&id=119444239813 neither is this guy...Brewster (the guy who travels to all the tracks and sells JD Merchandise.) "My experience at #fals has been absolutely the best . I have a new #1 track in america and it is called #FALS.Thank you Fairbury !!!!!!!!To all the people of Fairbury. You should be proud of what you have built here. Build more stands, because you are going to need them! #FALS

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't read much into that write up. I could've wrote that and not even shown up. Pretty bland take.

Not to mention he is a popular website employee.

Funny that YOU would say you could have written something about a race or a race track and not even shown up at it..........

And I think the burning question now is..............that would be different how???

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Chis Ferguson isn't... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154371404709814&substory_index=0&id=119444239813 neither is this guy...Brewster (the guy who travels to all the tracks and sells JD Merchandise.) "My experience at #fals has been absolutely the best . I have a new #1 track in america and it is called #FALS.Thank you Fairbury !!!!!!!!To all the people of Fairbury. You should be proud of what you have built here. Build more stands, because you are going to need them! #FALS

Who gives a fuk what Fergy said.... Somebody put him a camper for the weekend and helped him sponsor wise to go to the event. And I like Chris he was one of the good people.

The constant hard on for the track and the fact it apparently can do no wrong is what this whole thread is about. Everytime a driver or merchandise guy says what a great track it is. You all get your knees pads out. Good lord give it a fuking rest.... We get it, move on.

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Funny that YOU would say you could have written something about a race or a race track and not even shown up at it..........

And I think the burning question now is..............that would be different how???

It would atleast be better than tire dopping gibberish you've spit out the last month.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Who gives a fuk what Fergy said.... Somebody put him a camper for the weekend and helped him sponsor wise to go to the event. And I like Chris he was one of the good people.

The constant hard on for the track and the fact it apparently can do no wrong is what this whole thread is about. Everytime a driver or merchandise guy says what a great track it is. You all get your knees pads out. Good lord give it a fuking rest.... We get it, move on.

Can you really anoint someone from the Carolina's "one of the good people" while subletting a room in your parents basement in Nebraska?

Neat trick...........got any that work?

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Can you really anoint someone from the Carolina's "one of the good people" while subletting a room in your parents basement in Nebraska?

Neat trick...........got any that work?

What??

Troll away....

ptown
08-03-2016, 08:37 PM

I agree, that place has lots of problems but has gotten a pass the last few years because the racing has been so good. As I said in a previous post the Friday heats were as good as it gets, the Saturday racing was just ok.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 08:47 PM
What??

Troll away....

Should I slow it down and rewrite it to more of a " see spot run" level for you?

Put in some pictures for you to follow along to maybe?

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Should I slow it down and rewrite it to more of a " see spot run" level for you?

Put in some pictures for you to follow along to maybe?

I just find it funny that someone who thinks they know my life better than me would make a stupid a$$ post that like that.

Reminds me of your many tire sampling posts. Too funny.

BTW.... Rigsby on late model live referenced the Internet trolls that wear the tin foil hats about the tire dopping deal. I'm pretty sure he was talking to you...

old fan
08-03-2016, 08:56 PM
You know how those prople from nebraska are , have to do everything in pictures

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 08:57 PM
I agree, that place has lots of problems but has gotten a pass the last few years because the racing has been so good. As I said in a previous post the Friday heats were as good as it gets, the Saturday racing was just ok.

So what exactly are the problems.........I've never been, but the folks I know that have rave about the racing and the atmosphere enough to where it must make them overlook whatever the negatives may be.

Seriously, what do you view the negatives to be to make you say the place has a lot of problems..........you actually go to race tracks and are more likely to give an accurate assessment rather than some guy that Bing or googles race info or gets racing info from his MySpace account friends.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 09:00 PM
I just find it funny that someone who thinks they know my life better than me would make a stupid a$$ post that like that.

Reminds me of your many tire sampling posts. Too funny.

BTW.... Rigsby on late model live referenced the Internet trolls that wear the tin foil hats about the tire dopping deal. I'm pretty sure he was talking to you...

Your pretty sure that members only jackets are still en vogue also..........doesn't really make it so sparky.

And fwiw.....as good as rigsby is bringing the live experience into homes via the net, it's just not the same as actually being there.

You should try it............no , really.

fryefan
08-03-2016, 09:02 PM
People who don't think a show consistently running late is a big deal are ignorant.

How does a track survive? They must attract new people. Where is the best place to start attracting new people?
KIDS!
Who else?
Out of towners!
What is the worst thing for both?
A late night.
Out of towners and parents with kids will not keep coming back if they are consistently getting home late. Just because YOU don't have anything better to do but party the rest of the night does not mean that's the case for everyone.

What's wrong with putting a priority on moving the show along and getting done as early as possible? Then those wanting to party can have at it and those wanting to get home can do so. Everybody is happy.

Instead we have some with the attitude "if you don't like the late nights, don't come." Wow! That'll benefit the track.

Time management (IMO) is the weak link at FALS.
It's not rocket science.
Several small "fixes" could take care of the issue.

*Stop waiting between races to get the next race on the track. Especially the features. Get them out there (and check the lineup) WHILE the post race winner's circle interview is going on. No need to wait until it's complete and all are off the track.

*Speed up the reading of the lineups over the raceceiver on a caution. Too much dead air and pace laps. (WoO does an awesome job of this....rarely more than a lap to get lined back up). Drivers not getting where they are told should be black flagged. Period.

*wrecker crews need to put more priority on speed. I realize some wrecks are more challenging than others to get off the track, but there is definitely not a noticeable "urgency" to getting it done on any of them. A friend told me there is a track down south that's doesn't even have wreckers. They use forks on the front of an end loader. Pick em up and take em out to the pits. I LOVE THAT!

I have no doubt that if these issues were addressed, an already hugely popular FALS would become even more popular.

You hit the nail on the head.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 09:06 PM
You know how those prople from nebraska are , have to do everything in pictures

This is about as good as rigsby calling me out on the gateway nationals listing..........a guy that can't walk, sht talking to a race maven that is all talk.

Be right back, gotta go take a husker.

fryefan
08-03-2016, 09:06 PM
I just went by what the post says, but I see it is a hr behind. Midnight is not late either. It is the biggest race of the year. Could they have sped up the program......yes, but no need to in my opinion.

They still had driver interviews and the Modified Feature to run after that. They were far from being over. Even if they were done at that time, that is too late for no more than they had to run Saturday night.

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Your pretty sure that members only jackets are still en vogue also..........doesn't really make it so sparky.

And fwiw.....as good as rigsby is bringing the live experience into homes via the net, it's just not the same as actually being there.

You should try it............no , really.b

And you should stop believing what some internet tough guy told you because he couldn't handle the fact I knew something about his favorite driver that he couldn't handle.

I guess when you are almost 40 and act like your are still 20. Making up stories about somebody you barely know is the way to handle it.

Btw..were you at I-80 last week?? I figured you'd be sucking Rumleys (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) in victory lane. Plus I wanted to see how fast you could fall from the top step to the bottom step.

fryefan
08-03-2016, 09:10 PM

Thank you for your time and efforts. Overall, it was a very good event and racing. Just need to shorten things up some.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 09:17 PM
b

And you should stop believing what some internet tough guy told you because he couldn't handle the fact I knew something about his favorite driver that he couldn't handle.

I guess when you are almost 40 and act like your are still 20. Making up stories about somebody you barely know is the way to handle it.

Btw..were you at I-80 last week?? I figured you'd be sucking Rumleys (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) in victory lane. Plus I wanted to see how fast you could fall from the top step to the bottom step.

Nice edit.......always works better the second time, huh?

Kinda like your second time in tenth grade.

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Nice edit.......always works better the second time, huh?

Kinda like your second time in tenth grade.

Yep I was able to erase everything I typed on my phone and re type everything in about 4 minutes.

I felt like the Rumley thing was worth the edit.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 09:21 PM
b

And the first paragraph in the above post..............and the line " he couldn't handle me knowing something about his favorite driver that he couldn't handle" specifically.

Did y'all pinch and pull hair bows too???

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Yep I was able to erase everything I typed on my phone and re type everything in about 4 minutes.

I felt like Rumleu thing was worth the edit.

You middle schoolers and your fancy phones these days.........wow!!!

That's a talent that should take you far in life.

And who the heck is rumleu dancing queen?

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 09:24 PM

I felt like the Rumley thing was worth the edit.

He actually likes to point out how stupid your posts look prior to editing.........get it correct.

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 09:26 PM
And the first paragraph in the above post..............and the line " he couldn't handle me knowing something about his favorite driver that he couldn't handle" specifically.

Did y'all pinch and pull hair bows too???

He did what most pussies do and started a Twitter fight. It's one step below a message board fight.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 09:29 PM
He did what most pussies do and started a Twitter fight. It's one step below a message board fight.

Well I certainly consider you to be the expert on " what pussies do"........so I'll shut up now and listen.....the floor is yours.

Highside Hustler25
08-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Chis Ferguson isn't... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154371404709814&substory_index=0&id=119444239813 neither is this guy...Brewster (the guy who travels to all the tracks and sells JD Merchandise.) "My experience at #fals has been absolutely the best . I have a new #1 track in america and it is called #FALS.Thank you Fairbury !!!!!!!!To all the people of Fairbury. You should be proud of what you have built here. Build more stands, because you are going to need them! #FALS

Boom!!!lolHomerun:DThat one had to sting a little.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Boom!!!lolHomerun:DThat one had to sting a little.

Nobody should care what a level headed accomplished young racer with no opinion one way or the other prior to getting to the track thinks about fals.......

Im going with the cornhusker version of aunt bea to get my info .........gal is an expert on all things fals.

old fan
08-03-2016, 09:35 PM
huskerdirt dated aunt bea

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Well I certainly consider you to be the expert on " what pussies do"........so I'll shut up now and listen.....the floor is yours.

I don't consider myself an expert. I do take examples from people like you and him to form an educated opinion.

Hell.... I've been accused of doing that before.

Highside Hustler25
08-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Nobody should care what a level headed accomplished young racer with no opinion one way or the other prior to getting to the track thinks about fals.......

Im going with the cornhusker version of aunt bea to get my info .........gal is an expert on all things fals.

The only racer I heard say anything other than good about the track was the Babster. Said it was more like a sprint car track. To heavy and to fast. Probably the last one I would expect to hear that from.

I have to agree, I'll absorb my info from someone who races before someone who doesn't.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 09:51 PM
I don't consider myself an expert. I do take examples from people like you and him to form an educated opinion.

Hell.... I've been accused of doing that before.

I shudder to think of what you may have been accused of doing over the years........and please, don't share.

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 09:56 PM
The only racer I heard say anything other than good about the track was the Babster. Said it was more like a sprint car track. To heavy and to fast. Probably the last one I would expect to hear that from.

I have to agree, I'll absorb my info from someone who races before someone who doesn't.

My point with Fergy was that he had hyped going there for two years. People took care of him, as they should. And we all know what the Rumley group thinks of the place. So what they said didn't even surprise me. Heck, it was expected. That's why it didn't really mean anything to me.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 10:02 PM
My point with Fergy was that he had hyped going there for two years. People took care of him, as they should. And we all know what the Rumley group thinks of the place. So what they said didn't even surprise me. Heck, it was expected. That's why it didn't really mean anything to me.

Well lord knows........it's all about you.

Pffffffft.

Highside Hustler25
08-03-2016, 10:12 PM

I'll hand it to a guy like Fergy. He made that long haul in a pickup and enclosed trailer. No comfortable totor home for him. That's a LONG haul.

I'll be honest with ya, I would rather see the WoO sanction go by by and all the hype and 2 big of crowds can be a part of past history.
Then I wouldn't have to leave a hour or 2 early just to get a parking place.
Could actually find a seat without a red dot on it.
The racing would still be off the hook. (been going to this race for years and only seen 1 bad one.)
Good chance a regional guy would have a great payday.
Nobody would be butthurt about 2 many threads on FALS.

What's that? Fairbury Speedway? Never heard of it:confused:

Time to take my blinders off and go to bed.

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 10:16 PM
I'll hand it to a guy like Fergy. He made that long haul in a pickup and enclosed trailer. No comfortable totor home for him. That's a LONG haul.

I'll be honest with ya, I would rather see the WoO sanction go by by and all the hype and 2 big of crowds can be a part of past history.
The racing would still be off the hook. (been going to this race for years and only seen 1 bad one.)

It was definitely a long haul for Chris's step dad to pull. Major props to him. Chris flew in, btw.

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 10:19 PM

But they were showered with gracious monetary gifts and opulent camping amenities when they got there .......that's worth the haul isn't it?

Barbecueboy
08-03-2016, 10:22 PM
It was definitely a long haul for Chris's step dad to pull. Major props to him. Chris flew in, btw.

Chris's dad isn't the only guy that drives the truck.......fwiw.
The whole team is very close and pitch in doing whatever whenever.......you should really just shut up unless you have something with validity and substance to add.

And so far........nadda

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Chris's dad isn't the only guy that drives the truck.......fwiw.
The whole team is very close and pitch in doing whatever whenever.......you should really just shut up unless you have something with validity and substance to add.

And so far........nadda

I do know that Chris didn't drive the truck.... Because he flew. Kind of hard to do both things at once. I wouldn't expect you absorb that.

You should probably take some of your own advice before dishing it out...... Don't ya think?

old fan
08-03-2016, 10:42 PM
And your point is he got there

#FALSuperman
08-03-2016, 11:17 PM
I really didn't mean to stir anything up by my post. I was just responding to what husker thought was a puff piece by a hired guy to make FALS look good. I've heard endless interviews from guys that race all over the country and 9 out of 10 absolutely love the track. Idk why that upsets people. I agree there are several great tracks. No blinders here. FALS has flaws just like every track in America.

huskerdirt
08-03-2016, 11:33 PM
I really didn't mean to stir anything up by my post. I was just responding to what husker thought was a puff piece by a hired guy to make FALS look good. I've heard endless interviews from guys that race all over the country and 9 out of 10 absolutely love the track. Idk why that upsets people. I agree there are several great tracks. No blinders here. FALS has flaws just like every track in America.

Hey man we are cool.

I probably came off alittle strong on what I was trying to convey versus what people took it as. Ive seen/gotten plenty of comments on how bad I-80 was last week with time management issue. Yet, with FALS(which took longer than I-80 to complete start to finish) there seemed to be a lot of biting of the tongue. That's all.

It just seems the good/great is magnified a lot more than the bad with FALS. A lot of other tracks it seems it's just the opposite.

turnleftandgasit
08-03-2016, 11:44 PM
Lets talk about the craphole 40 miles south of FALS...........

NormP
08-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Well, the point zach51 made in the first post of this thread has had six pages so far proving he was right. Blinders are definitely on.

#FALSuperman
08-04-2016, 12:35 AM
Hey man we are cool.I probably came off alittle strong on what I was trying to convey versus what people took it as. Ive seen/gotten plenty of comments on how bad I-80 was last week with time management issue. Yet, with FALS(which took longer than I-80 to complete start to finish) there seemed to be a lot of biting of the tongue. That's all.It just seems the good/great is magnified a lot more than the bad with FALS. A lot of other tracks it seems it's just the opposite.Understand...no big thing on this end.I'm headed to Florence next weekend for the North/South. Hoping for some great racing, and going to check out the Dirt Track Hall of Fame. :)

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 07:05 AM
I do know that Chris didn't drive the truck.... Because he flew. Kind of hard to do both things at once. I wouldn't expect you absorb that.

You should probably take some of your own advice before dishing it out...... Don't ya think?

But you don't know that Chris's dad drove the truck......do you?( even though you claimed you do)

So why try and give him props and then turn it around and dis Chris for flying in because of commitments he had???
The team is solid , very smart and collectively are a group of fine folks.......something you clearly know nothing about.

Oh, that's a huskerism isn it??? What's a huskerism you ask???

It's a generalized statement made by guy in Nebraska that gets 95% of his racing information from google or Bing and then presents it in a way to give the illusion he got the said info directly from the racer or the track officials.

old fan
08-04-2016, 07:25 AM
man I need to get my army boots for this forum

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 07:51 AM
man I need to get my army boots for this forum

Well bring us a big plate of sos .......chop chop

old fan
08-04-2016, 07:58 AM
why now if you want bs I CAN BRING YOU A FEAST

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 08:40 AM
why now if you want bs I CAN BRING YOU A FEAST
A feast of BS you say????

Might want to check with the home office in Nebraska before you start stealing their thunder with this BS feast you speak of........

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 08:44 AM

Excellent post btw..........every track has flaws , some more than others.......but your point about how the racers and teams feel about the place is extremely accurate.

The only puffing sound you hear is coming out of the cornhusker state..........and it's "dyson-like" with suction.

huskerdirt
08-04-2016, 01:32 PM
But you don't know that Chris's dad drove the truck......do you?( even though you claimed you do)

So why try and give him props and then turn it around and dis Chris for flying in because of commitments he had???
The team is solid , very smart and collectively are a group of fine folks.......something you clearly know nothing about.

Oh, that's a huskerism isn it??? What's a huskerism you ask???

It's a generalized statement made by guy in Nebraska that gets 95% of his racing information from google or Bing and then presents it in a way to give the illusion he got the said info directly from the racer or the track officials.

If Chris's dad/ step dad help didn't drive the truck then who did? You seemed to be so concerned with that part above anything else. You probably won't answer anyway, you'll just keep trolling away twisting every word into some little argument because it's the only thing that gets you through your pathetic thing you call a life. I guess being the Internet tough guy to someone while also being the hypocrite is what makes your (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) hard. Then by all means who am I stop you.

I wasn't giving props to Chris just tear him down. I was making a point to the people that thought he drove the truck by himself, changed 3 flat tires, and saved a puppy along the way. It was a shot at the FALS fateful. Good lord, you need to read things as they were and not how you wanted them to be.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 02:36 PM

Oh, because you said this.........clearly trying to dismiss the efforts that the entire team made to get out to one of the best tracks in the country on a pretty small budget.

The guy you posted the above quote too merely made a comment about the effort it took for Chris to make that trip out ....pretty innocuous comment that you had to add a huskerism too and try and make one of your famous incorrect points.

And you succeeded , congratulations...............

Haven't heard that a whole lot in life, have you?

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 02:41 PM

And more prop giving to the team...........or was this more like taking away from their accomplishment to get there because they had some sponsors that helped with lodging and funds to get there.

And believe me, a lot of folks give a f what Chris has to say......as witnessed by this thread and the hyperlinks in it.

Had you said .......who gives a f what huskerdirt says........thread would be over.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 02:43 PM
If husker doesn't reply pretty quick , somebody go check on him...........the sump pump might have quit working and the basement could be filling up with water.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 02:46 PM
If Chris's dad/ step dad help didn't drive the truck then who did? You seemed to be so concerned with that part above anything else. You probably won't answer anyway, you'll just keep trolling away twisting every word into some little argument because it's the only thing that gets you through your pathetic thing you call a life. I guess being the Internet tough guy to someone while also being the hypocrite is what makes your (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) hard. Then by all means who am I stop you.

I wasn't giving props to Chris just tear him down. I was making a point to the people that thought he drove the truck by himself, changed 3 flat tires, and saved a puppy along the way. It was a shot at the FALS fateful. Good lord, you need to read things as they were and not how you wanted them to be.

I don't think anyone on earth thought anything of the sort.............

And you've made a point alright........sharp enough to play ring toss on your head with.

huskerdirt
08-04-2016, 03:03 PM
And another 4 more replies without answering a simple question..... That's a shocker.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 03:19 PM
The answer is like in most cases when they travel long distances ...........was a team effort.

Similar answer to the question........how did husker ever graduate middle school.

Any questions?

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 03:22 PM
And another 4 more replies without answering a simple question..... That's a shocker.

And they weren't as much replies to you as they were reminders of what you had forgotten that you had said that got you in this mess to begin with........

Again, any questions?

huskerdirt
08-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Again, any questions?

Who drove Fergys hauler to FALS? Thanks.

Btw.... You are doing exactly what I expected. Keep up the good work.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Who drove Fergys hauler to FALS? Thanks.

Btw.... You are doing exactly what I expected. Keep up the good work.

I'll go a little slower for you since you missed it two posts up.

Waaaaaasssssssss a teeeeeeeaaaaammmmmmm effffffffoooooorrrrrrrtttttt.

huskerdirt
08-04-2016, 04:08 PM
I'll go a little slower for you since you missed it two posts up.

Waaaaaasssssssss a teeeeeeeaaaaammmmmmm effffffffoooooorrrrrrrtttttt.

Thank you! So was Chris's dad/stepdad part of the team effort or not?

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Thank you! So was Chris's dad/stepdad part of the team effort or not?

Is this the part when you start backpeddaling and changing up what you originally said?

And the answer to your above question is Yes,absolutely yes............but that was never ever in doubt from the beginning was it?

Or did I miss one of your huskerisms?

huskerdirt
08-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Is this the part when you start backpeddaling and changing up what you originally said?

And the answer to your above question is Yes,absolutely yes............but that was never ever in doubt from the beginning was it?

Or did I miss one of your huskerisms?

I'm not back pedaling. I said Chris stepdad/dad drove the truck.... Which was pretty accurate. I didn't say he was the only one, nor did I say he had copilot. That doesn't change what I said or the intent of my post. If it was anybody else but you, this would've been cleared up a couple of pages ago. Instead you went with personal attacks, belittling, and sounding like Charlie Browns teacher.

Congrats you won again. I'm sure another trophy will go on your mantle bragging about being a message board champ. Your friends will be almost impressed.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 04:49 PM

Actually ......this is what you said........clearly stating that it was a long haul for Chris's dad to pull.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 04:56 PM
I'm not back pedaling. I said Chris stepdad/dad drove the truck.... Which was pretty accurate. I didn't say he was the only one, nor did I say he had copilot. That doesn't change what I said or the intent of my post. If it was anybody else but you, this would've been cleared up a couple of pages ago. Instead you went with personal attacks, belittling, and sounding like Charlie Browns teacher.

Congrats you won again. I'm sure another trophy will go on your mantle bragging about being a message board champ. Your friends will be almost impressed.

And then this backpeddal once you got caught .......pretty clear what your " intent " was.

And " pretty accurate" ????

Is that the same as " pretty inaccurate"???

I don't care if choco the monkey drove the hauler out there for them.......you clearly intended to discredit their effort of getting to fals in your original tantrum trying to discredit fals itself.

Backfired didn't it.......you discredited yourself instead.......which I find totally normal for you and pathetically hilarious .

And judging by several pms I got , others do too..........

huskerdirt
08-04-2016, 05:03 PM
And then this backpeddal once you got caught .......pretty clear what your " intent " was.

And " pretty accurate" ????

Is that the same as " pretty inaccurate"???

I don't care if choco the monkey drove the hauler out there for them.......you clearly intended to discredit their effort of getting to fals in your original tantrum trying to discredit fals itself.

Backfired didn't it.......you discredited yourself instead.......which I find totally normal for you and pathetically hilarious .

And judging by several pms I got , others do too..........

Nothing back fired.... You only think it did because it gives you imaginary green dots and makes you think are tough sh!t.

I didn't discredit them at all. All I said was I expected him to say what he said. Therefore it didn't move my needle what he thought of the place.

Care to publish those PMs??? Since you are bragging you got some.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Is there anyone that really can talk about the negatives on fals(if any)??? Other than husker girls tantrum about the place and a few comments about getting done after midnight...........I've not heard anything at all bad about the place.

And I don't know where you guys race at and how close the tracks are to your homes, but my closest track is a two hour jaunt one way........I regularly get home at 2/3 in the morning on the big show nights.

Having a hard time understanding the bitching about a show that finishes after midnight..........especially at a track that has " race of the year " honors and glowing remarks from the drivers and teams bestowed upon them like they have.

Can someone shed some light on it or should I just chalk it up to " consider the source" on the bitchin.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Nothing back fired.... You only think it did because it gives you imaginary green dots and makes you think are tough sh!t.

I didn't discredit them at all. All I said was I expected him to say what he said. Therefore it didn't move my needle what he thought of the place.

Care to publish those PMs??? Since you are bragging you got some.

Nah, Sure you didn't..........just dismissing their effort by saying they had a place waiting on them when they got there and people gave them money to get there.......as if to totally make it seem they just rolled on in to easy street campground using other people's money to get there and Chris flying in like a rockstar.

You are so far from reality it's obscene.........everybody on the planet knew where you were going , what your intent was and what you were doing......except for you apparently.

As for the trophies......don't sweat it.......you will still get the customary participation trophy that you always have gotten for playing anything.

huskerdirt
08-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Is there anyone that really can talk about the negatives on fals(if any)??? Other than husker girls tantrum about the place and a few comments about getting done after midnight...........I've not heard anything at all bad about the place.

And I don't know where you guys race at and how close the tracks are to your homes, but my closest track is a two hour jaunt one way........I regularly get home at 2/3 in the morning on the big show nights.

Having a hard time understanding the bitching about a show that finishes after midnight..........especially at a track that has " race of the year " honors and glowing remarks from the drivers and teams bestowed upon them like they have.

Can someone shed some light on it or should I just chalk it up to " consider the source" on the bitchin.

Getting done after midnight isn't acceptable up here.... No matter if it's a big show or not. Doesn't matter if it's FALS or any half way decent track. If people are gonna complain about I-80 or any other track getting done after midnight. Then the same should be for FALS.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 06:35 PM

Let me rephrase the question a little bit............is there anyone credible?

Someone that can give an unbiased view about it???someone that's not butthurt ???

And most importantly......someone that actually goes to tracks.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Getting done after midnight isn't acceptable up here.... No matter if it's a big show or not. Doesn't matter if it's FALS or any half way decent track. If people are gonna complain about I-80 or any other track getting done after midnight. Then the same should be for FALS.

Credible ..........not incredibly butt hurt.

Time for you to step out of this one stymie.

turnleftandgasit
08-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Not that I think it got over too late, but at worse, FALS was guilty of not speeding up the program after losing 45 minutes from the afternoon shower. Please lay this subject to rest.
You two will have plenty of new topics to disagree on.

old fan
08-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Getting done after midnight isn't acceptable up here.... No matter if it's a big show or not. Doesn't matter if it's FALS or any half way decent track. If people are gonna complain about I-80 or any other track getting done after midnight. Then the same should be for FALS. I guess you never was at Eldora 5 10 15 years ago one driver told me that had be to be woke up to time trail it was I think he said it was 430 am

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Not that I think it got over too late, but at worse, FALS was guilty of not speeding up the program after losing 45 minutes from the afternoon shower. Please lay this subject to rest.

Thanks......but you guys aren't getting a lot of sympathy for being upset that the tracks biggest race of the year ran late......sorry.

If we can even agree that midnight is late.......sound like either you guys are spoiled or some of us east coasters have been getting screwed the whole time.

I understand the lateness shock to the ones that aren't used to it, but there were a couple of posters early on that said fals had a lot of problems......I'm trying to understand what those problems are and what exactly constitutes a lot?

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 06:57 PM
I guess you never was at Eldora 5 10 15 years ago one driver told me that had be to be woke up to time trail it was I think he said it was 430 am

You can't google or bing that experience......so no, he wouldn't know a thing about that.

Give him a little bit,and I'm sure he can find an article on it somewhere and report back as if he actually went.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 06:59 PM

And I completely understand about the angst from the pits when the program drags along........fwiw

fastford
08-04-2016, 07:13 PM
dont quit now husker, im headed to bike night to eat some bar-b-que , no pone intended BBQ boy, and will be expecting some juicy reading when i get back , get you a second wind and brang it........

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 08:25 PM
dont quit now husker, im headed to bike night to eat some bar-b-que , no pone intended BBQ boy, and will be expecting some juicy reading when i get back , get you a second wind and brang it........

Hopefully you being from the dirty south the que will be cooked over hickory and /or oak coals and be dam fine eatin........enjoy supper.

skids
08-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Let me rephrase the question a little bit............is there anyone credible?

Someone that can give an unbiased view about it???someone that's not butthurt ???

And most importantly......someone that actually goes to tracks.

Post #51
Thought I laid it out pretty clearly. I'm not bashing. FALS is doing most things right. The one complaint I hear the most is time management.

In fact I just spoke to another person tonight who hasn't been able to attend the PDC the last few years. He finally got there this year. He was also speaking to a board member. He commented that the show was great, BUT, "it was too long". He brought it up first. Before I even gave an opinion.

Maybe I'm not credible under your standards. I'm just pointing out something that could/should be fixed to make an already great experience, better.

Barbecueboy
08-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Post #51
Thought I laid it out pretty clearly. I'm not bashing. FALS is doing most things right. The one complaint I hear the most is time management.

In fact I just spoke to another person tonight who hasn't been able to attend the PDC the last few years. He finally got there this year. He was also speaking to a board member. He commented that the show was great, BUT, "it was too long". He brought it up first. Before I even gave an opinion.

Maybe I'm not credible under your standards. I'm just pointing out something that could/should be fixed to make an already great experience, better.
Sorry...I missed it in all the corn shuckin and yes,I hear you loud and clear.....as someone that leaves the track at or around midnight more times than not, I don't see the big deal......

Being said, I also understand time constraints some families and potential young fans have......nope, my credible request was not pointed towards you at all.

Cool that you as a fals regular throw out constructive criticism and ideas in support of your home track............and not be a little husker b itch about it to get your point across.

I think most folks might like your track support approach better than Mr.Dirts.........I know I do.

Highside Hustler25
08-05-2016, 06:17 AM
Thanks......but you guys aren't getting a lot of sympathy for being upset that the tracks biggest race of the year ran late......sorry.

If we can even agree that midnight is late.......sound like either you guys are spoiled or some of us east coasters have been getting screwed the whole time.

I understand the lateness shock to the ones that aren't used to it, but there were a couple of posters early on that said fals had a lot of problems......I'm trying to understand what those problems are and what exactly constitutes a lot?

I'm guessing that if their were only 28 lates signed in, and the track was dryslick and a second and a half slower, the show could have been over a hour or so earlier. Obviously, that would make some folks happy.

I would be the first one b1tchin if it was a weeknight. But it wasn't. It was Illinois biggest show of the year. A weekend show. And I had a hour and a half drive home each night as well. I figured it would be late when I seen how many mods were in the house.

I was only confused by (and still am) why the Lifeflight chopper made a appearance. Were they just showcasing their skills or was it for a reason? Either way, that could of saved some time.

CMatich
08-05-2016, 10:03 AM
I do agree that FALS needs to do whatever we can, under our control to speed up any race night.

My biggest gripe and I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this in this thread, is the drivers stopping on track to bring out a yellow, just to change a tire. This practice needs to be stopped/outlawed. I have no problem with drivers coming in during an actual needed caution, but to draw one. Not right! Those alone took a ton of time. Total BS.

In my eyes, the short time spent with the helicopter was time WELL spent. To give the Life Flight crew a chance to land under race conditions and get the "lay of the land" is 100% correct. We all hope to God that their services are never needed, but it shows that if tragedy happens help is a very short time away. If the 20 minutes it took to land the helicopter irritated anyone, it sucks to be them. I for one, never knew a Life Flight helicopter was available that quickly for our great drivers and FANS if needed. Bravo to them!!

If nothing else, to give a round of applause to the helicopter crew and the tracks medical staff is something that I'm sure meant a ton to them. It was greatly deserved and their presence on race nights is invaluable.

As always, attend races this weekend and spread the word about this great sport!!

turnleftandgasit
08-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Saturday was a big training day at CIRA and I imagine they included a side trip to a "live" racetrack a valuable training mission.

turnleftandgasit
08-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Doing that training at Peoria would be useless, as ground transportation is faster.

turnleftandgasit
08-05-2016, 11:39 AM
FYI, CIRA is probably where Chris flew into.......😆