PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Strand Charges Late to River Cities Glory

Ben Shelton
08-02-2016, 12:59 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 1, 2016

Dustin Strand Charges Late to River Cities Glory

Grand Forks, North Dakota (08/01/16) – Dustin Strand continued his winning ways over the weekend by parking his Bemidji Welders Supply #71 RealTruck.com/ Millenium Late Model in victory lane at River Cities Speedway on Friday night.

On Friday night Dustin Strand returned to River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) for the WISSOTA Late Model, sanctioned program. In a field of 19 cars, Strand cruised to a heat race win, giving him the pole position for the feature event. After losing the lead early in the race amongst a three-car battle, Strand made a daring last lap pass in heavy traffic to capture his ninth win of the season. Joey Pederson, Brad Seng, Zach Naastad, and Mike Balcaen completed the Top 5 finishers.

Saturday brought 17 Super Late Models to Greenbush Race Park (Greenbush, Minnesota) for the $1,100-to-win Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) event. Posting another heat race victory, Strand earned the 3rd-starting position for the feature. Moving up one spot, Dustin landed a runner-up finish behind Brad Seng with Cole Schill, Joey Pederson, and Steffen Snare rounding out Top 5.

“It was another really good weekend for our team, and that finish on Friday night couldn’t have been much more exciting,” noted Strand. “My team has really been busting their tails this season, and I’m really grateful for that. I’m also really grateful for all of my great sponsors and fans that make this possible.”

For full results from these events, please visit www.WISSOTA.org and www.NLRA.org .

Strand is set to embark on a trio of racing events this weekend, August 4-6. Action opens on Thursday evening at Red River Co-Op Speedway (Winnipeg, Manitoba) with a WISSOTA Late Model weekly event. Friday night will find Dustin entering another WISSOTA Late Model weekly event with a trip to River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota). The weekend will draw to a close with a $2,000-to-win, Modified event at Devil’s Lake Speedway (Lakota, South Dakota).

For more information from these events, please visit www.RedRiverCoopSpeedway.ca, www.RiverCitiesSpeedway.com, and www.DLSpeedway.com .

Dustin Strand would like to thank all of his sponsors including RealTruck.com, Q&Z Plumbing & Heating, Forks Mobile Wash, Schill Construction, Anderson Brothers Body Shop, McCaughen Builders, Generations Salon & Spa, Bemidji Welders Supply, RH Rebel Storage, Ben Adams Racing Engines, Forest Flying Service, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Dustin Strand, please visit his official internet home at www.StrandRacing.com .