PDA

View Full Version : XR-1 Rocket

mike10
08-05-2016, 05:48 PM
There is enough of them out now are they that much better than a blue/grey ?

DEKconsulting
08-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Must be they have been fast everywhere and have alot better attitudein them

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Must be they have been fast everywhere and have alot better attitudein them

I know some who would disagree. Including a guy with a cast.

DEKconsulting
08-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Why does eddies wreck i guess thats who u are refering to have anything to do with being better than a blue/gray. That was just a small mistake made driving and it ended up bad im sure hes not calling the xr1s junk now that he wreck one

DEKconsulting
08-06-2016, 12:13 AM
Im pretty sure everyone that got one this yr are not rushing back to the older car.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Why does eddies wreck i guess thats who u are refering to have anything to do with being better than a blue/gray. That was just a small mistake made driving and it ended up bad im sure hes not calling the xr1s junk now that he wreck one

Wreck has nothing to do with it. That was not the XR1 he wrecked. There are plenty of guys not 100% satisfied.

Austin34471
08-06-2016, 09:51 AM
There is enough of them out now are they that much better than a blue/grey ?
Whose been running good in one other than the house car? Who has made the switch and started winning more races than before?

Kromulous
08-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Chamberlin has one I think, looks good, but not like it's night and day. He was fast with older car too.

If I had the choice, Swartz for me, especially around here.

mike10
08-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Whose been running good in one other than the house car? Who has made the switch and started winning more races than before?

That's exactly what I'm asking Austin. I don't really count what the house car does he will run good no matter which frontend he has. Everyone wants the latest and greatest but will some start going back to the blue/ grey after a year or so?

King1
08-06-2016, 04:35 PM
I think this time next year we are all gonna say "boy I wished I had one of the new MasterSbilt cars." Given the way Gilpin is running. I know what my next purchase is gonna be. I don't know anyone who has a new xr1 in my area. It's Jackie boggs swartz nation here. I wish someone would knock em off but it won't happen. If you have the money then boggs has the info to give that most others won't. Sometimes it's cheaper to join the bandwagon than waste money on trial and error and educated guesses.

DEKconsulting
08-07-2016, 12:42 AM
Im in the central pa region and go to hagerstown winchester etc. And last yr it was all mbh cars winning and this yr the xr1s r taking over w/ hollidge,winters, covert, satterlee, blair,moreland. Max blair has like 22 wins in one this yr.

RacerX10
08-07-2016, 12:08 PM
What's different in the XR1 car vs a blue / gray ?

stevensracing_6
08-08-2016, 03:46 AM
Why does eddies wreck i guess thats who u are refering to have anything to do with being better than a blue/gray. That was just a small mistake made driving and it ended up bad im sure hes not calling the xr1s junk now that he wreck one He had one on racingjunk for sale said it only had a few races not sure how many they had but I'm assuming that's what he was referring to....I would hope at least

stevensracing_6
08-08-2016, 03:47 AM
$55,000 xr1 on racingjunk from eddie only 11 races not sure if it's the one he wrecked though I don't know how many they bought

talclipse
08-08-2016, 04:47 AM
The car Eddie wrecked was not an XR1 car. Those are grovers' cars that they are selling.

As far as the XR1 vs. the blue grey cars they are nothing a like (literally everything is different on them).

Here is my take on the XR1 cars: The cars are built more rigidly than ever before, they have more adjustment than we have ever had in a car. For me as a weekend hack I probably need fewer things to get out of whack. Also, the information doesnt seem to flow downstream very quickly.

RacerX10
08-08-2016, 09:43 AM
Here is my take on the XR1 cars: The cars are built more rigidly than ever before, they have more adjustment than we have ever had in a car. For me as a weekend hack I probably need fewer things to get out of whack. Also, the information doesnt seem to flow downstream very quickly.

Sounds like plenty of reason to stay blue / grey :)

mike10
08-08-2016, 01:15 PM
That's what I'm thinking. The only Rocket I've ever had is a black front and get excellent drive in the slick. Lots of people have told me if I ever got a blue/grey I would love it. Just inquiring about the xr1 before I buy another car

stevensracing_6
08-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Is an xr1 really worth $55,000 though??? I got a quote on a new longhorn complete at $29,000 I really don't understand where that extra 20 grand comes in

MBRCompound
08-09-2016, 08:46 PM
A new xr1 is not 55 grand.

a25rjr
08-09-2016, 08:51 PM
A xr1 roller from Panchos is $40,675. So depending on how you finish it, 55k may not be out of the question.

MBRCompound
08-09-2016, 08:55 PM
I just bought 1 with the new xr1 shocks.......complete roller.....not even close to 55.

MBRCompound
08-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Xr1 prices are pretty much inline with longhorn prices. We are very excited to try ours......hope to have it ready next week.

DEKconsulting
08-09-2016, 10:18 PM
Jimmy owens to rocket didnt see this coming but he should be bad fast

stevensracing_6
08-09-2016, 11:53 PM
http://www.racingjunk.com/Late-Models/182734597/XR1-Rocket-.html This is what I'm going off of when I'm saying that giant $55,000 number as far as I can tell it's said to be a roller

stevensracing_6
08-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Xr1 prices are pretty much inline with longhorn prices. We are very excited to try ours......hope to have it ready next week.Would definatley like to hear your results

Matt49
08-10-2016, 07:28 PM
I don't know...I guess some people fail to realize this, but pricing on a complete roller includes a ton of inflated labor cost for assembly. With as simple as these cars are to work on, it blows my mind how many people will pay for a complete roller when they could buy the bare frame and all the parts through their trusted Motorstate dealer for half the cost. And then use a little elbow grease to build the car themselves. Am I the only one that actually enjoys putting the car together and watching it go from a bare frame to something that is ready for the race track?

fastford
08-10-2016, 08:34 PM
I don't know...I guess some people fail to realize this, but pricing on a complete roller includes a ton of inflated labor cost for assembly. With as simple as these cars are to work on, it blows my mind how many people will pay for a complete roller when they could buy the bare frame and all the parts through their trusted Motorstate dealer for half the cost. And then use a little elbow grease to build the car themselves. Am I the only one that actually enjoys putting the car together and watching it go from a bare frame to something that is ready for the race track?

i guess every one isn't like me and you matt, some folks got enough money to by it ready to go. I will say that in my opinion, the knowledge you gain assembling it your self is priceless sometimes.....

stevensracing_6
08-11-2016, 12:04 AM
I don't know...I guess some people fail to realize this, but pricing on a complete roller includes a ton of inflated labor cost for assembly. With as simple as these cars are to work on, it blows my mind how many people will pay for a complete roller when they could buy the bare frame and all the parts through their trusted Motorstate dealer for half the cost. And then use a little elbow grease to build the car themselves. Am I the only one that actually enjoys putting the car together and watching it go from a bare frame to something that is ready for the race track?A complete from GRT is extra $2500 for assembly. I completely agree though I would rather assemble myself anyway just to get a feel for everything in the car if anything

MBRCompound
08-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Xr1 cost 2500 for assembly........in my opinion that's pretty cheap considering the amount of work that has to be done. Will let you know Stevens6 how it works out! Ours is gonna be a limited late for the rest of this season. My little boy is my driver. He's 12 but hes got 3 wins so far this year in our old MBH (2011) and he's done extremely well. We will have great support also from a good friend of ours that's already running one and Steve Baker and the guys at Rocket seem like they are gonna be pretty easy to work with so we are very excited. All in all we were looking for a car to grow into and a company that's known for support. Hopefully the Xr1 suits our needs!

MBRCompound
08-11-2016, 12:43 AM
Stevensracing6...........that car you posted is way more than just a roller. It sounds like your getting oil system, trans, fuel pump, power steering pump, etc. That stuff alone is a pile of money. Pretty strong price on used stuff though in my opinion but if you gotta have a xr1 and don't wanna wait several months to get it and don't mind it being used 55 grand may not be a bad deal at all!

stevensracing_6
08-11-2016, 03:36 AM
Stevensracing6...........that car you posted is way more than just a roller. It sounds like your getting oil system, trans, fuel pump, power steering pump, etc. That stuff alone is a pile of money. Pretty strong price on used stuff though in my opinion but if you gotta have a xr1 and don't wanna wait several months to get it and don't mind it being used 55 grand may not be a bad deal at all!Now that I go back and look somewhere I see where it says "will sell as roller" so I almost wonder if it's turnkey???? Hell I don't know what I do know is I can't afford it lol

MBR Performance
08-11-2016, 07:58 AM
The problem with the Longhorns, Rocket Longhorn (XR-1), Capital and MBH is you can't buy a bare chassis. They make you buy it in a "kit" at different pricing levels. I've always assembled cars from a bare chassis stage so knowing how to put it together is not a worry. To me it's just a scam and I won't support it. I will always lead my guys to a place that doesn't require the stupid "kits"

powerslide
08-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Now that I go back and look somewhere I see where it says "will sell as roller" so I almost wonder if it's turnkey???? Hell I don't know what I do know is I can't afford it lol

As he pointed out it has the bell/trans/starter/oil system/fuel system, probably 10k of stuff over a normal roller if not more. And it only has 29 races

MM90
08-11-2016, 12:39 PM
55K and all you need is engine and seat. So it's not completely out of line, still a tad high for a 1 season old car.

fastford
08-11-2016, 08:00 PM
The problem with the Longhorns, Rocket Longhorn (XR-1), Capital and MBH is you can't buy a bare chassis. They make you buy it in a "kit" at different pricing levels. I've always assembled cars from a bare chassis stage so knowing how to put it together is not a worry. To me it's just a scam and I won't support it. I will always lead my guys to a place that doesn't require the stupid "kits"

this is true, when long horn first got popular, i called and talked to a lady there about a bare chassis, she told me they would only sell with front spindles and front lowers , may have included uppers but cant remember for sure but dont think so , any way, 10 grand was all i needed to hear.....

Kwoods25
08-11-2016, 09:51 PM
You can get the XR-1 bare frame to full roller. ANY stage you want. It's all in how much work you want to do.

MBRCompound
08-11-2016, 11:45 PM
Stevensracing6.......... No sir that's def not a turn key price.......if it came with a motor you'd be looking at another 25-50 grand depending on what it was and how old it is.

MBRCompound
08-11-2016, 11:52 PM
The problem companies have just selling bare chassis is that they don't want people to hang junk parts on them. Since they are gonna be providing support they wanna know that what you got is what they are most familiar with. Chassis are defiantly important but the parts and components that get hung on them are just as important imo.

stevensracing_6
08-12-2016, 12:59 AM
The problem companies have just selling bare chassis is that they don't want people to hang junk parts on them. Since they are gonna be providing support they wanna know that what you got is what they are most familiar with. Chassis are defiantly important but the parts and components that get hung on them are just as important imo.This was our chassis builders exact explanation when we had this question so we let him do his thing and we were always bad fast wherever we went. I wish he was still in business

TALON75
08-12-2016, 01:00 AM
^^^^ Exactly. They have all been through the ringer trying to help Joe blow get faster only to find out he's running the wrong length axle tubes or j bar mount, ECT..

fastford
08-12-2016, 08:28 AM
The problem companies have just selling bare chassis is that they don't want people to hang junk parts on them. Since they are gonna be providing support they wanna know that what you got is what they are most familiar with. Chassis are defiantly important but the parts and components that get hung on them are just as important imo.

i agree, but when you double the price of a chassis and the main components , i.e. front suspension, that leaves a lot of budget racers like me out, and i guarantee , theres way more budget racers out there than the well healed racers. An example would be bloomers chassis, when they were hot, only the elite could afford one, if he would have worked with the little guy more, he might have had something , but he did not, instead the ones that got them learned from them and passed it own to other builders that would sell there chassis a lot cheaper , i say it was a missed opportunity for bloomer, but thats JMO.....

Kwoods25
08-12-2016, 12:35 PM
The bare chassis is $1000 more than the regular blue front. The tub, decking and body installed is $2000 more than the blue front. These cars are not double the price of any other car. The lowers are the exact same from xr1 to blue. so they are not double priced either. You do the math and add up the beat of every component you can get to a full roller. Everything minus engine and its over 35k.They want to put the cars together because a bare frame went to FL. And had to come back to WV to get redone. Alot of us weekly racers can screw things up easily

a25rjr
08-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Good info from Panchos:

http://www.panchosracingproducts.com/newcars_latemodels.html

MBR Performance
08-12-2016, 07:31 PM
The price level deal is a crock and will not support a company that mandates it to buy one of their cars. As for Rocket you can not buy a bare XR-1 frame.

MBR Performance
08-12-2016, 07:35 PM
So going off Ponchos site it's a 40% increase for the xr-1 over the blue front. Total ripoff!!!

Kwoods25
08-12-2016, 09:02 PM
You CAN buy a bare XR-1 chassis

CCHIEF
08-12-2016, 09:33 PM
It's Pancho's. The XR-1 is a different car than the blue car, structurally, material, etc. So you bash Rocket, based on a dealer's pricing? Look a little more carefully. Scarcity can drive up market prices, basic supply and demand economics. The XR-1 is in high demand ...and scarce. I see Rocket, Capitol and Longhorn, etc. are not on your Christmas card list then? When your good at what you do customers will seek you out . Rocket is a solid business, with excellent research, customer support and a great product.... always have been. ........................................... "So going off Ponchos site it's a 40% increase for the xr-1 over the blue front. Total ripoff!!!".................................................. ..................................... Take a closer look what your getting from PANCHO"S before you shoot your mouth off. ....................................... 2016 "Rocket XR1 Chassis", rear bumper, front bumper, side spiders, door bar, - ALL Powder coated, Full Driver (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit/ tub - installed by Rocket, Complete Deck Kit with extra bent Heavy Duty Option, Aluminum Angle Bracing Kit for the deck, Complete Rocket Aero Body - Fenders, Doors, Quarters, Hood, MD3 composite Roof and leader, Aero Windows and pillars, 2 pc rear spoiler, MD3 Front Nose Kit with lower Valance, MD3 lower rockers, Lightweight Body Brace Kit, and Spring Steel- ALL INSTALLED! Coleman Bearing Adjustable Gas Pedal, Wilwood Brake Pedal dual setup - with 2 Wilwood Mastercylinders, Wilwood Clutch Pedal with Wilwood mastercylinder with Clutch hose kit, 3 Wheel Brake shutoff with in (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit switch, full hard brake lines, and (4) Flexlines for calipers - ALL is Installed by Rocket! From................................$ 14,095.00 .................................................. .................................................. ........................... 2016 Rocket Blue Front Chassis & Deck KIT This car comes like this: Black Powder Coated 2016 brand new Rocket Chassis with front & rear bumper, side door spiders and door bar, rear deck bar, front deck bar - all powder coated black. Drivers TUB in flat black - installed. Rocket Black complete Deck Kit installed with Heavy Duty option. This car also had the Wilwood Brake pedal, clutch pedal with the brake lines installed with Wilwood mastercylinders(3) and includes the 3 wheel brake shut off, also has the in (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit brake adjuster. Car is IN STOCK Now! This car is one of the first 2016 Rockets built - we can add anything you need. PRICE........................... $ 9,195.00

MBRCompound
08-12-2016, 10:03 PM
This dude just went HAM! All I know is I'm happy with the deal I got on ours......and we will be ordering another one if he likes how it drives!

MBR Performance
08-13-2016, 09:07 AM
FRAME & BODY KIT Quanity2016.ROCKET.Blue.Front Frame.&.Body.KIT $ 10,948.00 Chromoly Rocket Chassis - Blue Front End 2016 1 PANCHO's Discount 1 Driver (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit - Tub assembly 1 Deck KIT - (all colors) 1 Deck Aluminum Support Kit/ braces 1 Rocket "Body Kit" 1 Heavy Duty DECK Option 1 Chassis Powder Coated & Stress Relieved 1 Rocket Spring Steel "Car Kit" - single 1 Body Brace Lightweight Aluminum Kit 1 MD3 Nose Kit w new style fenders (colors) 1 MD3 Lower Valence KIT (4pc) 1 Plastic Rockers - (car needs 3) 1 Rocket Rear Spoiler - style w/ crush panel RR 1Roof w/ leader - choice of color for roof 1 Labor for Body shop - install complete body and tub 1If your gonna make an attempt at ridiculing me you should really get your info correct. Like I said 40% increase. Do you need me to show you how to figure that out?

CCHIEF
08-13-2016, 09:37 AM
I scrolled down and saw the other pricing from them. Something is obviously wrong there. Neither of us is wrong, because that site contradicts itself. How to figure that out is to call Rocket and price both cars, period. No malice intended toward you, just basing it off what is on that site. I'll likely talk with them Monday anyway, and get the real $ deal and availability of a bare chassis.

MBR Performance
08-13-2016, 09:48 AM
There is so much pricing on his site and there isn't any order to it. It's quite confusing.

a25rjr
08-13-2016, 04:47 PM
I think the only difference is the blue price is without a body, just (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit.

MBR Performance
08-13-2016, 06:33 PM
The blue front price I listed is with the body

a25rjr
08-14-2016, 01:12 PM
If you look closely, the xr1 pkg comes with rf shutoff, all brake lines, pedals,and mcs. That's about $1500 parts and labor.

MBR Performance
08-14-2016, 01:30 PM
I agree with CCHIEF that something isn't right with either the pricing or description because the xr1 package he listed mentions the brake system and so does the blue front price he listed however the blue front price I listed doesn't mention the brake system but it's more than his lol. Wtf?

a25rjr
10-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Still waiting on this blast of speed from JO switching to XR1, but it ain't happening. He was better in the BWRC, but had bad luck and motor issues. XR1 isn't magic, just the latest flavor. So whats the front end on this one called, Tooty-Fruity or Rocky Road?

In Joshs case, its called .......LAUNCHING PAD!

ThebigE
10-21-2016, 01:46 PM
I wonder how Superman will look in the XR1 next year?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-21-2016, 02:51 PM
I wonder how Superman will look in the XR1 next year?

I would think the same.

King1
10-22-2016, 08:14 AM
I've called all the top people about new cars. Capital was the only one that wouldn't sell me a bare chassis, they wanted to sell me a package. They were probably the highest. Car, uppers, lowers, spindles, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, deck, lines, pedals, shifters, and birdcages was $17,500
Longhorn was $14,500, moyer was about the same, Swartz, MastersBilt, and Kryptonite was the cheapest at around $9,000. I'm down to those three.

fastford
10-22-2016, 11:46 AM
when i called long horn last year, they told me the least they would sell a chassis was with the lowers and there spindles , that was 10 grand , the lady there sent me a price list and thats what it said, 10 grand up, so my question is , did they tell you 14,500 for a bare frame?

CCHIEF
10-22-2016, 04:54 PM
Get a price on the XR2?

King1
10-22-2016, 08:01 PM
Chassis, uppers, lowers, spindles, pit, brake lines, deck, shifters, and pedals. The capital was 17,500 but it was birdcages and in their words "everything rear suspension that makes it a capital. Longhorn did request to assemble the car to make sure all the spacers and what not was correctly placed but politely said if I didn't want to it was OK. They had noticed some of the moyer cars (copies) we're somewhat assembled wrong. They said add about $1,000 for cages, but ppm makes a copy of their cage for about $800 (I bought a set last year) and it's an impressive looking piece.

m_stagev
10-23-2016, 09:12 AM
one of the guys that work at rocket said all the blue front parts fit ( except for the spindles). rear,rack,uppers,lowers,complete rear,j-bar,lift bar etc.

Blaz18
10-24-2016, 10:49 AM
XR-1 can not be purchased bare! In fact, it is pretty hard to buy it with anything less than a deck, tub, body, brake lines and pedals, and front suspension, etc. (per Rocket and even Pancho). Very true that most all of the front suspension is the same except spindles. They do use a different upper that is now slotted. The rear is also the same but they recommend the heavier Winters 1-ton rear in them now. Also, you supposedly need the Trick Rocket fuel cell.

FlatTire
10-25-2016, 01:35 PM
This time last year, Black Diamond and Longhorn would not sell a bare frame to you unless you already had one of their cars. I imagine they have backed off that some or will soon. Looks like the next "hot" car to have is the XR-1.

CCHIEF
10-25-2016, 04:09 PM
The waiting list is pretty long, likely late April till you can get one thru Rocket direct, normal order.

bmchone
10-28-2016, 12:17 PM
I say get a TrakStar...

MBR Performance
10-28-2016, 05:15 PM
I second that ^^^^^^

bmchone
10-29-2016, 09:55 AM
I'm not sure if this tread is about High HP racing or crate racing, but TrakStar has an awesome product out. They just won the 2016 Nesmith Chassis manufacture points championship this year.. AND in 09, 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015! Over some of the best chassis of Rockets, CVR, GRT's, etc.. Something to look at!!

m_stagev
10-29-2016, 05:44 PM
i have herd nothing but good about those tnt cars also.

Punisher88
10-29-2016, 07:04 PM
CVR. You won't be disappointed.