PDA

View Full Version : Tire cheating

MBR Performance
08-06-2016, 12:44 PM
I don't pay attention to sprint car racing because well I just don't care for them but I'm wondering if tire altering is as big of a problem as it is with late models? What about the mods do they have the same issues too? Is it as bad?

Kwoods25
08-06-2016, 01:10 PM
We have had a bunch of mods at our local track get busted. 5 or 6 this season

huskerdirt
08-06-2016, 01:16 PM
We have had a bunch of mods at our local track get busted. 5 or 6 this season

Yep it seems there's been a slight uptick in local/regional guys get busted this year. I know an IMCA late model guy got busted and 2 modified guys at Lucas Oil Speedway. Comp Cams caught Austin Rettig also in May.

There's probably more but those are the ones that immediately came to mind.

old fan
08-06-2016, 01:39 PM
https://www.facebook.com/LegitSpeedwayPark/?fref=nf

turnleftandgasit
08-06-2016, 01:49 PM
I would think the classes that are less likely to be tested, it is rampant. #1 for the obvious reason already stated, but the lower classes drivers are more likely to be closer to their Go Kart roots, and it is perfectly legal down there. Fact is in Karts, it is all about tire treatment.

dirt farmer
08-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Your right if you're not doctoring tires in your backing up,so let's let em in late model's

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 11:39 AM
I would think the classes that are less likely to be tested, it is rampant. #1 for the obvious reason already stated, but the lower classes drivers are more likely to be closer to their Go Kart roots, and it is perfectly legal down there. Fact is in Karts, it is all about tire treatment.

Spot on ...........you can walk up to a lot of sportsman,hobby stock, bomber etc. in certain parts of the country and smell the waafs of tire prep in the air.

Brian Gray
08-07-2016, 02:04 PM
90% of the teams out there in all classes are doing it. I've Said it many times. If you really want to stop it just put everyone on a soft tire. The swaths of people that come out and say a soft tire won't last are the first ones to look at for doping. Cause I never run anything harder than a lm20 anywhere and I don't put crap on them and I can run mid pack just about anywhere and hardly ever buy a tire!

I ran 4th at a decent regional show that was 50 laps last year on the same 20s I ran at Lawrenceburg this year and we were fairly fast till we broke.

Brian Gray
08-07-2016, 02:09 PM
And yes tire dopers in sprint cars is rampant. I mean the teams coming in are go karters mainly.

TS FAN
08-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Maybe if it was made legal, everyone would do it and level the playing field. How about that?

Brian Gray
08-07-2016, 04:35 PM
It wouldn't level the playing field at all. Tire doping takes lots of man hours it's not just put some chemical in the tire and go. It's literally a 40 hr per week job for 1 guy at the local level.