PDA

View Full Version : Prayers For BC

CIRF
08-06-2016, 10:49 PM
I know this isn't late models but I would ask that all of you who believe in some form of higher power and are spiritually inclined say a prayer for Bryan Clauson and Ryan Greth. They were involved in a horrible crash at the Belleville Midget Nationals at The Belleville High Banks in Belleville, Kansas.

No word on either drivers condition but they left the fairgrounds with Bryan's car under a tarp. Not a good sign.

I ask again, please say a prayer for these drivers.

CIRF
08-06-2016, 11:24 PM
It's almost an afterthought but Chad Boat won the A-main, Spencer Bayston was second and Jerry Coons Jr. was third.

Jerry Coons Jr. was very subdued during his interview.

Nothing was said by the announcers concerning the condition of Bryan Clauson or Ryan Greth.

This was the worst midget crash I've seen since Danny Drinan nearly died at The Springfield Mile back in 1992.

AllenK
08-06-2016, 11:45 PM
Man,this post has me sick! Bryan is an awesome guy. I had heard of him,but we mostly started following him due to his Dog Chevy Clauson on Facebook. We have a Corgi named Chevy,and that is a great little FB page for fun. They do a great job with it.

I sure hate to hear this. Thoughts and prayers go out to Bryan and his family.

gorj
08-07-2016, 12:09 AM
Prayers for Bryan Clauson and family. Airlifted and unconscious to local hospital. Prayers

IZZOJR16
08-07-2016, 12:24 AM
lots of confusion online because i think he was in a nasty accident the night before as well.

Cardirt0
08-07-2016, 12:27 AM
Hope Hes OK So sad when some one get hurt doing something the Love...

gorj
08-07-2016, 12:50 AM
lots of confusion online because i think he was in a nasty accident the night before as well.

He was involved in crash Friday when he hit a stalled car in turn 4, bad wreck with fire. Unhurt and they put together another hot rod for the big show tonight. Clauson is on a mission to race in 200 sprint and midget races in 2016. Unfortunately while leading the nationals tonight he tangled with a lapped car and flipped violently on the guardrail through turns 3-4 and landed on its side and was then hit in the co ck pit by another car.

CIRF
08-07-2016, 12:56 AM
Bryan was in fact involved in a violent impact Friday night on the last lap of the preliminary night A-main. He was a bit wobbly when he got out of the car and although he was sore he was fine. Bryan was leading the Belleville championship A-main when this terrible crash took place.

Although we aren't close with Bryan and his girlfriend Lauren we've spent some time with his Dad Tim out at Belleville over the past 4 years and nicer people you will not meet. I would ask you to say a little prayer for Tim and Bryan's Mother Di.

We're in Belleville for the Nationals this weekend. There was a huge crowd in the stands tonight and after the crash the mood was very subdued as was the post race interviews, etc.

I would sincerely ask that we not speculate or post anything that is unconfirmed. There probably will be rumors to no end but please, lets stay focused on officially released information. We don't know who might be reading this.

Thank you.

CIRF
08-07-2016, 01:12 AM
This link contains all the official information that has been released as of 1:10 AM CDT Sunday morning.

http://www.racer.com/north-american-racing/item/132886-sprint-car-clauson-airlifted-after-belleville-crash

Going to bed now with a knot in my stomach and an aching in my heart. Good night all.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-07-2016, 09:36 AM
I'm not big on prayers, just cause I think it's in Gods' hands and what happens happens. But at the same time I believe in prayer. Sounds awful, and Belleville is just bad fast. I pray that he pulls through and can hopefully lead a normal life. Who cares about racing at this point. Pulling through and living are definitely more important. I wish the best for him, and his family.

formercrewguy
08-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Just read where his condition has been upgraded from critical to stable. Great news!

kidrock
08-07-2016, 09:44 AM
So sorry to hear and many prayers go out to both famlies, like I said in another section CIRF thanks for the update.

Formercrewguy that would be great news

BTExpress
08-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Wow.... I just have a pit in my stomach over this. He is a throw back to the AJ Foyt days racing anytime and anywhere. His crash is an ugly reminder on how dangerous the sport can be. Payers are with his parents and fiancee.

CIRF
08-07-2016, 10:23 AM
To coin an old cliche', immediately after the crash and for the whole time they are cutting Bryan out of the car you could hear a pin drop, and there was a capacity crowd on hand. It seemed even the carnival behind the grandstands went quiet for a good length of time.

As near as I could tell Bryan got squeezed up into the guard rail on exit of turn 3 and was still tumbling when he got center punched in the top of the cage by Ryan's car. Ryan had nowhere to go. After the shock had somewhat worn off several of us who remember related to a similar situation involving Jan Opperman and Chuck Gurney in the 1976 Hoosier Hundred where Gurney drove into Jan's cage as his car was on it's side with the top of the cage facing oncoming racecars.

I could have easily got up and left after Bryan's crash last night without regret. It was a huge win for Chad Boat but the joy and exuberance was clearly missing after the race.

To coin another cliche', Bryan Clauson is truly one of the good guys in racing and had become an icon of the sport over the past 3 or 4 seasons. It he doesn't fully recover to race again he will leave a void that cannot easily be filled, if at all. I dearly love the sport but we lose a little passion each time this happens.

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 10:27 AM
To coin an old cliche', immediately after the crash and for the whole time they are cutting Bryan out of the car you could hear a pin drop, and there was a capacity crowd on hand. It seemed even the carnival behind the grandstands went quiet for a good length of time.

As near as I could tell Bryan got squeezed up into the guard rail on exit of turn 3 and was still tumbling when he got center punched in the top of the cage by Ryan's car. Ryan had nowhere to go. After the shock had somewhat worn off several of us who remember related to a similar situation involving Jan Opperman and Chuck Gurney in the 1976 Hoosier Hundred where Gurney drove into Jan's cage as his car was on it's side with the top of the cage facing oncoming racecars.

I could have easily got up and left after Bryan's crash last night without regret. It was a huge win for Chad Boat but the joy and exuberance was clearly missing after the race.

To coin another cliche', Bryan Clauson is truly one of the good guys in racing and had become an icon of the sport over the past 3 or 4 seasons. It he doesn't fully recover to race again he will leave a void that cannot easily be filled, if at all. I dearly love the sport but we lose a little passion each time this happens.

You my friend are the absolute best at " keeping it real" on 4m.........excellent post on a very sad subject.

Cardirt0
08-07-2016, 11:40 AM
If he can or cannot race agen.. I hope he can, BUT If he cant, I just hope he can Go home and hug his Mom and Dad.. Being sick I know know being a live is the only thing that matters... You have too learn to live with what God gives you... I hope God is good too him....CIRF Its nice too Know that There is people like you too remind us ITS all Real......And sometimes Sad ....And something Good has too come out of it......

CIRF
08-07-2016, 12:02 PM
You my friend are the absolute best at " keeping it real" on 4m.........excellent post on a very sad subject.I sincerely appreciate the kind words, BBQ. Coming from you lends added significance. The knot in the pit of my stomach hasn't subsided yet. I was looking directly at BC's tumbling racecar when Ryan's car impacted the cage. I know I speak for a lot of people that were there last night when I say I'll hear the sound of that impact in my minds' ear for a long, long time.

If he can or cannot race agen.. I hope he can, BUT If he cant, I just hope he can Go home and hug his Mom and Dad.. Being sick I know know being a live is the only thing that matters... You have too learn to live with what God gives you... I hope God is good too him....CIRF Its nice too Know that There is people like you too remind us ITS all Real......And sometimes Sad ....And something Good has too come out of it......Cardirt, you know infinitely more about what's really and truly important in this life than I. After spending some time and pleasantries with Bryan's Dad Tim off and on over the past year makes the anguish I know he and Bryan's Mother are dealing with right at this very moment even more troubling. I must imagine that even if it's Bryan briefly opening his eyes and whispering "hi Mom, hi Dad" would answer a million prayers right now.

Cardirt, I'm with you 100% in believing something good must come from this.

buster83
08-07-2016, 12:11 PM
Bryan has been on top of the game last couple years enjoy watching him. Thoughts and Prayers for him and his Family.

Cardirt0
08-07-2016, 12:41 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/sprint-car-star-clauson-hospitalized-after-crash-in-kansas/ar-BBvm3Sq?li=BBnb7Kz

TS FAN
08-07-2016, 02:18 PM
I used to go through this quite a bit in the 60's, 70's 80's. Safety has improved, but the danger is there and always will be. Prayers for the young man and his family.

CIRF
08-07-2016, 02:41 PM
This statement from the Clauson family appeared on the USAC Facebook page just 10 minutes ago. Nothing new here but I thought I'd post it nonetheless.

Bryan was severely injured last night while competing in the Belleville Nationals midget race at Belleville High Banks in Kansas.

Bryan was airlifted to Bryan Medical Center West in Lincoln, Nebraska following the accident, where he remains in critical condition and under the care of the medical staff.

We appreciate the support of the racing community and are thankful for the outreach we've received. We ask that you continue to respect our privacy as we focus on Bryan.

- The Clauson Family

champion24
08-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Believe we've lost another great racer. Very sad.

Nasty55
08-07-2016, 03:24 PM
CIRF ty so much for the updates on Bryan he is truly as you said one of the good guys of the sport! He is most definately in our thoughts and prayers...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Thoughts and prayers to clauson family.

BTExpress
08-07-2016, 03:39 PM
MRN has retracted their statement about the passing of BC......

dirt junkie
08-07-2016, 05:29 PM
MRN should feel like some true jack asses for putting that out without true confirmation

chupp n bloomer fan
08-07-2016, 06:49 PM
MRN should feel like some true jack asses for putting that out without true confirmationYes, yes they should.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-07-2016, 06:49 PM
You my friend are the absolute best at " keeping it real" on 4m.........excellent post on a very sad subject.Yes he is BBQ. Definitely one of good ones on here.

Nasty55
08-07-2016, 08:28 PM
Yes he is BBQ. Definitely one of good ones on here.

CIRF is one of the true good guys on here and im not proud to say this there have been a few times that ive been a total A$$hole to CIRF over some of his views about NASCAR and openwheel racing... But theres always been one thing thats been constant.. At the end of the day CIRF and i have always been able to work out our differences and i will defend him to anyone who wants to try and disrespect the Man the same as i would you CNB and the same as i would my old buddies Plunks and BBQ as well as a few others on here..But then again this Thread isnt about us all getting along it is about a young Racer fighting that fight to get better and i just hope that the article that i read earlier is correct CIRF can you shead any light on this that Bryan has been upgraded to stable condition?

kidrock
08-07-2016, 08:40 PM
CIRF and I through are difference at times have had mutual respect for one another and today is no different. If I want to know anything about the openwheel racing I would ask him because he follows it pretty close and from what I gather quite a few years.

Cardirt0
08-07-2016, 09:32 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/ex-nascar-driver-clauson-in-critical-condition-after-horrific-crash/ar-BBvmety?l
Back in the 60s early 70s WoO raced 20 to 30 times a year in ILL and the midgets ran a lot in ILL Seen some bad crashes at Champaign fair grounds and at the State Fair grounds...

pierceFAN
08-08-2016, 02:27 AM
Talked to someone close to the family...an announcement should be made sometime Monday...it's a sad day for the racing world

Diggin-IL-Dirt
08-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Rip Bryan Clauson

hoosier race fan
08-08-2016, 08:24 AM
This morning's announcement that Bryan Clauson has passed away is one that I was hoping we would not see. My sincere condolences to his family, friends, and loved ones. He was truly beloved by race fans in many different forms of auto racing. Other than Dave Darland, I can't think of a driver in this area that is more popular. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to watch Bryan Clauson race a few times this year, including the Indy 500 and just a few weeks ago in sprints. His quest for 200 races this year was incredible. A true outlaw as the phrase was meant to describe. His greatest accomplishment in my mind though is that he made time for those that supported and looked up to him. He never forgot them and where he came from, and I know they will never forget him. Rest in peace BC.

CIRF
08-08-2016, 08:49 AM
I truly and sincerely appreciate the kind words directed towards me that some of you have posted here. Thank you guys.

The sadness of losing BC will not pass quickly. I don't have any idea how many times we have had the privilege and enjoyment of watching Bryan work his magic in a racecar but it was a lot. Everything from micro's to Indy Cars and NASCAR.

It just doesn't seem possible............................

buster83
08-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Bryan was a very good racer and will be missed by his family and the racing world.

kidrock
08-08-2016, 05:23 PM
I truly and sincerely appreciate the kind words directed towards me that some of you have posted here. Thank you guys.

The sadness of losing BC will not pass quickly. I don't have any idea how many times we have had the privilege and enjoyment of watching Bryan work his magic in a racecar but it was a lot. Everything from micro's to Indy Cars and NASCAR.

It just doesn't seem possible............................

he will truly be missed, God Speed Bryan!!!!

GRT32
08-08-2016, 06:03 PM
What went wrong so fast, he was in icu and then updated as stable cond then this morning learned that he passed away. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

CIRF
08-08-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure a report of Bryan being in stable condition was ever released from the family or the medical center. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

kidrock
08-08-2016, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure a report of Bryan being in stable condition was ever released from the family medical center. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I never did see it as a official report. I did see something on here but, it wasn't official.

formercrewguy
08-08-2016, 07:42 PM
I saw a post from Smoke's Faceplant about BC being upgraded to stable. I posted on here within minutes. I guess I fell into the trap of believing things I see from sources I usually trust. Never again! RIP BC.

CIRF
08-08-2016, 07:48 PM
I saw a post from Smoke's Faceplant about BC being upgraded to stable. I posted on here within minutes. I guess I fell into the trap of believing things I see from sources I usually trust. Never again! RIP BC.

An honest mistake FCG. I too have been misinformed by the things I've read on the internet so I can relate.