PDA

View Full Version : Mike Marlar

dirtdobber45
08-07-2016, 08:04 AM
I read on DoD that he debuted a longhorn at Brownstown last night. What happen with the capital car?

cratedaddyD21
08-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Set a new track record qualifying...looked really good winning his heat and the Feature....Linville,Fisher and Hines were the top 4...

chupp n bloomer fan
08-07-2016, 09:23 AM
I read on DoD that he debuted a longhorn at Brownstown last night. What happen with the capital car?I don't understand talking up Capital and all that, already having a Longhorn and getting rid of it, and now going back. I like him, but wth.

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 09:34 AM
It's ok ...............

BTExpress
08-07-2016, 09:56 AM
The chassis switching in DLM racing is just NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

dirtdobber45
08-07-2016, 11:26 AM
I don't understand talking up Capital and all that, already having a Longhorn and getting rid of it, and now going back. I like him, but wth.Thats what Im saying. He gets the 'new' off of it and he wants to switch...crazy lol

cjp0354
08-07-2016, 11:54 AM
I think it takes so long to get some of these chassis that they order one and by the time they get it they are back to running good in the old stuff but it's already paid for so here ya go now you have a new chassis

Cardirt0
08-07-2016, 12:04 PM
It is just in to days world if you dont do good right off you change..To day you want it NOW and have forgot how to make something work.....I would bet most people if you said put your Phone down for a day they could not do it....New is 2 days now and its old ,so next week Who knows what will happen....

genericracefan
08-07-2016, 02:48 PM
The cars wear out after 25-30 races. These cars aren't built for a season anymore. So instead of having to pay for a new chassis each time, you swap to the other builders to try and get a deal.

hoodpin
08-07-2016, 02:53 PM
Marlar could make lawn mower fast!! He runs good in whatever!

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-07-2016, 02:55 PM
I don't understand talking up Capital and all that, already having a Longhorn and getting rid of it, and now going back. I like him, but wth.

I thought I heard getting rid of the Longhorn might not have been his call?

Dirtfan04
08-07-2016, 03:05 PM
I don't understand talking up Capital and all that, already having a Longhorn and getting rid of it, and now going back. I like him, but wth.

From what was said last night, his new car is out of the Randy Weaver stable. His other Longhorn was not. So I would imagine this one is a lot different than that others that he had. Even though Weaver is still on the sideline driving wise the cars coming out of his shop right now
are fast.

dirtdobber45
08-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Like it was said earlier, Maybe they had ordered the new longhorn and had to wait their turn so they got that capital for s&g to see what was different...Im pretty sure Mike has sat in about all of them(chassis) in his career. Didnt he tear up a car earlier this season?

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 04:32 PM
The labontes and everyone that works for and with them should be proud of what they have been able to build in such a short period of time.

Cull out the haters and I can't think of too many legit people that haven't had great things to say about the piece itself since they got it dialed in.

Think what you want about Earl and the rest of those early longhorn guys , but they all deserve a ton of credit for being the early crash test dummies and keeping the program relevant enough to keep it from folding shop and just saying screw it.

Glad everybody stuck out and even happier they can even be in the hot chassis conversations they are in these days .......

cutman
08-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Like it was said earlier, Maybe they had ordered the new longhorn and had to wait their turn so they got that capital for s&g to see what was different...Im pretty sure Mike has sat in about all of them(chassis) in his career. Didnt he tear up a car earlier this season?

He was all in on Capitol. Said how great it was to be teamed up with Clanton/Green

NormP
08-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Are there teams that keep two different brands and rotate between them on a regular or semi-regular basis? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I don't really keep an eye on that kind of thing.

Maybe he still likes the Capitol and will pull it out at tracks where he's had luck with it in the past, or at races where he can pit next to Clanton.

dalemcfan
08-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Are there teams that keep two different brands and rotate between them on a regular or semi-regular basis? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I don't really keep an eye on that kind of thing.

Maybe he still likes the Capitol and will pull it out at tracks where he's had luck with it in the past, or at races where he can pit next to Clanton.

Chris Ferguson rotates between a Rocket XR1 and a Longhorn.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-07-2016, 06:36 PM
It's ok ...............

The labontes and everyone that works for and with them should be proud of what they have been able to build in such a short period of time.

Cull out the haters and I can't think of too many legit people that haven't had great things to say about the piece itself since they got it dialed in.

Think what you want about Earl and the rest of those early longhorn guys , but they all deserve a ton of credit for being the early crash test dummies and keeping the program relevant enough to keep it from folding shop and just saying screw it.

Glad everybody stuck out and even happier they can even be in the hot chassis conversations they are in these days .......No one is saying anything bad about dear ole Longhorn. I agree with everything you said but the hater part. I don't see anything to hate. They are running well, and have some good drivers in them.

For sure Earl deserves some credit for driving them boat anchors. And Rumley for getting them set straight.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-07-2016, 06:38 PM
I thought I heard getting rid of the Longhorn might not have been his call?Yeah, possibly was Delk's call, dunno. If as someone stated, this is a Weaver Longhorn, and the other was a regular Longhorn, maybe that played into it.

zyoung25
08-07-2016, 06:48 PM

I think Babb has 4 different cars. Someone else may know for sure. I heard he had a xr1, another older rocket, the old Moyer/VC, and the BD/Club 29 car he's been running here lately, which is the car he won the topless in last year.

I haven't seen the Moyer/VC or the other rocket in quite awhile though.

old fan
08-07-2016, 07:10 PM
According to babb's website the v/c is up for sale no motor

wfo2007
08-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Chris Ferguson rotates between a Rocket XR1 and a Longhorn.

Who cares what chassis they have? Most of these big late model guys could win in anything they sit their ass in.

wfo2007
08-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Who cares what chassis they have? Most of these big late model guys could win in anything they sit their ass in.

Plus almost everything that isn't a 'Rocket' is a copy or halfbreed of a Rocket.

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 07:52 PM
I know , doesn't hurt to recognize accomplishment though.......it's hard for me to give the props to Josh too,but it's a must.

It's just a cool racing story.....NASCAR guys come in and build a tank,DLM star drives said tank as a lone wolf mostly...rocket scientist comes in and saves the day.........and the brand has just exploded from that.

Just rambling......it's the elmer t Lee maybe.

Nasty55
08-07-2016, 08:37 PM
I know , doesn't hurt to recognize accomplishment though.......it's hard for me to give the props to Josh too,but it's a must.

It's just a cool racing story.....NASCAR guys come in and build a tank,DLM star drives said tank as a lone wolf mostly...rocket scientist comes in and saves the day.........and the brand has just exploded from that.

Just rambling......it's the elmer t Lee maybe.

Yeah brother but some of these guys dont remember that they wanna have something to b!tch and complain about...

Finnfan
08-07-2016, 08:44 PM
No one is saying anything bad about dear ole Longhorn. I agree with everything you said but the hater part. I don't see anything to hate. They are running well, and have some good drivers in them.

For sure Earl deserves some credit for driving them boat anchors. And Rumley for getting them set straight.

Shout out to Brad Neat as well, he had as least as much success if not more with the early Longhorns as EPJ. As someone who (loosely) followed Neat's career from early on, he seemed ready to make a breakthrough on the national scene until he agreed to become EPJ's stablemate at Longhorn. I personally think his career took a big step backward from that time on and never really recovered. I'm sure some will disagree, but that's my opinion.

Josh Bayko
08-07-2016, 09:06 PM
I'd have to imagine any chassis change calls are made by Ronnie Delk. I mean, he's the one paying the bills.

Highside Hustler25
08-07-2016, 09:52 PM
The cars wear out after 25-30 races. These cars aren't built for a season anymore.

They sure do. I don't think they are the same after a dozen races on a fast hooked up track. That's why some guys are immediately fast out of the box with these new cars then the dominance falls off eventually. Except for guys like Richards and maybe Pierce. They showcase multiple cars per season.

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Shout out to Brad Neat as well, he had as least as much success if not more with the early Longhorns as EPJ. As someone who (loosely) followed Neat's career from early on, he seemed ready to make a breakthrough on the national scene until he agreed to become EPJ's stablemate at Longhorn. I personally think his career took a big step backward from that time on and never really recovered. I'm sure some will disagree, but that's my opinion.

I certainly remember Brad being there then and was actually at east bay the year he and Earl were teammates and he won during speed weeks.
His crew chief hoppy one of the finest fellas to walk the pits.

Glad you brought it up........