PDA

View Full Version : Davenport rim-riding Cedar Lake

jhanson
08-07-2016, 08:18 AM
I have to give Davenport credit for never giving up. He gets a flat on lap ten and then fights back riding the rim right against the concrete wall---and finishes second. It takes a lot of courage to be up against the wall like that---lap after lap after lap. There is no room for error.
Jim Hanson
Minnesota

tigwelder
08-07-2016, 08:25 AM
then he should have won , he had one better tire then Richards.

Kwoods25
08-07-2016, 08:31 AM
That rim riding hurt him with 3 to go. Give it to him he was trying. But just hit it a little to hard to many times

old fan
08-07-2016, 08:41 AM
then he should have won , he had one better tire then Richards.what the he11 are you smoking

zyoung25
08-07-2016, 09:29 AM
then he should have won , he had one better tire then Richards.

ThIs is funny, i hope youre joking. No way his tires was in as good of shape as Josh's at the end of the race.

Wonder
08-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Perhaps tigwelder's argon gas has altered some brain cells.............................

old fan
08-07-2016, 10:16 AM
you can't alter what you don't have

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Loved the interviews josh and JD gave after the race...........no matter what the feelings are for either from the fans.....they both have a lot of mutual respect for each other.

jhanson
08-07-2016, 12:47 PM
I notice Davenport took home almost $22,000 for 2nd place---not too shabby

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 01:07 PM
I notice Davenport took home almost $22,000 for 2nd place---not too shabby

That will buy a lot of crickets and bloodworms........

old fan
08-07-2016, 02:02 PM
is that a southern breakfast menu or supper

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Both...........

Especially if there is a bass or breem hanging on to one of them......

tigwelder
08-07-2016, 04:07 PM
if he had a flat then he had a better tire unless he stopped on the track and blew it up with his lips.i would guess he replaced it with a new tire. and lets not forget 2nd is just the first loserrrrrrrr. he had plenty of time to win the race but he didn't. he finished where he started and had 100 laps to get the win.so lets hear your next excuse .

Scott Boesel
08-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Sure was fun to watch Davenport work his way back up the field and rim ride the high side. Tyler Erb now that was rim riding dam

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 04:17 PM
I'll take a stab at it..........after the flat he drove it like a maniac coming from the back and burnt up his brand new shiny tire.

And guessing Josh didn't have to hurt his tires as much because he was driving more smoothly up front?

22k buys a ton of bait , ice and beer.........I'm guessing they are pretty ok with last night considering how it started.

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 04:20 PM
And plus.......kid rocket is on kill.

dirtdobber45
08-07-2016, 04:23 PM
i'll take a stab at it..........after the flat he drove it like a maniac coming from the back and burnt up his brand new shiny tire.and guessing josh didn't have to hurt his tires as much because he was driving more smoothly up front?22k buys a ton of bait , ice and beer.........i'm guessing they are pretty ok with last night considering how it started.^^^^^we have a winner^^^^^

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 04:39 PM
^^^^^we have a winner^^^^^

I've enrolled in husker university......I'm in training..... Was just a lucky guess.

NormP
08-07-2016, 06:30 PM
JD drove it hard and deserves what he earned, but I was hoping Eric Wells would sneak in there and get the win. He's been running really strong the past few weeks.

zyoung25
08-07-2016, 06:39 PM
if he had a flat then he had a better tire unless he stopped on the track and blew it up with his lips.i would guess he replaced it with a new tire. and lets not forget 2nd is just the first loserrrrrrrr. he had plenty of time to win the race but he didn't. he finished where he started and had 100 laps to get the win.so lets hear your next excuse .

Dennis Erb had a flat at lap 25, JD had a flat on lap 9. By your logic Erb should've won the race, but instead he barely broke back in to the top 10.....with a newer tire.....smh.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Both...........

Especially if there is a bass or breem hanging on to one of them......We have Bream in our pond at my parents. Way funner than Bluegill, and a lot bigger.

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 07:21 PM
.filleted .....dipped in buttermilk.......double dredged in flour ,corn meal and deep fried .

On a hoagie bun w/ cajun mayo , tomato and chopped lettuce......fine dam eatin.

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Sounds weird but fresh caught fish and fried eggs make for a killer camp breakfast......I put it between two cornbread fritters( kinda like cornmeal flat muffins)

Stick to your ribs food.....

Highside Hustler25
08-07-2016, 09:39 PM
I'll take a stab at it..........after the flat he drove it like a maniac coming from the back and burnt up his brand new shiny tire.

And guessing Josh didn't have to hurt his tires as much because he was driving more smoothly up front?

22k buys a ton of bait , ice and beer.........I'm guessing they are pretty ok with last night considering how it started.

Spot on. Not to mention it happened on what, lap 10? That fresh tire meant nothing.

old fan
08-07-2016, 09:40 PM
. To achieve anything in this game you must be prepare to dabble in the boundary of disaster. – Sterling Moss

NormP
08-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Old fan you seem way smarter and easier to handle when you post stuff like that.

Highside Hustler25
08-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Old fan you seem way smarter and easier to handle when you post stuff like that.

You mean when he copies and paste:D

NormP
08-07-2016, 09:57 PM
That was exactly what I meant actually, lol.

But I give him credit, it fits the conversation. The Davenport part of the conversation, not the panfish part.

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 10:19 PM
That was exactly what I meant actually, lol.

But I give him credit, it fits the conversation. The Davenport part of the conversation, not the panfish part.

Panfish.....awesome......hadn't heard them called that In a while.

Barbecueboy
08-07-2016, 10:23 PM
And fwiw I've dabbled with recipes and techniques that have wanderd close to the edge of disaster..........and fell off.

So it sorta fits the panfish subject too,lol

old fan
08-07-2016, 10:27 PM
only in your lil pee head brain

Kwd1253
08-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Dennis Erb had a flat at lap 25, JD had a flat on lap 9. By your logic Erb should've won the race, but instead he barely broke back in to the top 10.....with a newer tire.....smh.

You cant post logic of facts on this site. To many dumbass's on here main reason i dont post hardly any more on this site.

old fan
08-07-2016, 10:58 PM
If its met to be it wll happen i lke one our local mod guys last night won a feature at one track packed up tagged the tail of second feature at another track and finished third

NormP
08-08-2016, 07:12 AM
Panfish.....awesome......hadn't heard them called that In a while.

I used to go down to Lake Marion in Manning, SC for two weeks every March to fish for bream and crappie. It was a lot of fun and lots of good fish to eat.

Aces&Eights
08-10-2016, 12:55 PM

He had to drive further than Josh did because he had to race around 22 other cars, plus he had to run harder in order to catch him, simple physics really. Can you understand that to cover more ground in the same length of time, you must travel at a higher speed? I can get some crayons and draw it out for you if need be.

waaac77
08-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Gotta say that was the caziest thing I have seen out there ever. Just wish he wouldn't have slipped up there in turn 2. I really was bracing for a shootout with Richards

Pennsboro23
08-10-2016, 01:54 PM
He had to drive further than Josh did because he had to race around 22 other cars, plus he had to run harder in order to catch him, simple physics really. Can you understand that to cover more ground in the same length of time, you must travel at a higher speed? I can get some crayons and draw it out for you if need be.

Lol don't bother. Some people don't get simple things.

Centeroff
08-10-2016, 03:10 PM
When you run the cushion you actually save your tires. Your rr is on the cushion and always in the softer dirt on the track. Plus when you run the cushion you don't need the best tire because you have the contact patch of the tire on the dirt plus what tire that drives you off the cushion. If your up on the cushion the last thing on your mind is tire preservation. Add in the factor of the cushion stopping your car from sliding up the track and getting that big drive off the corner and avoid jumping the cushion and your golden. Also not much wheel spin up there either

chupp n bloomer fan
08-10-2016, 06:00 PM
He had to drive further than Josh did because he had to race around 22 other cars, plus he had to run harder in order to catch him, simple physics really. Can you understand that to cover more ground in the same length of time, you must travel at a higher speed? I can get some crayons and draw it out for you if need be.Fine post. I'd prefer dry erase markers encase I need a better image;).

chupp n bloomer fan
08-10-2016, 06:01 PM
When you run the cushion you actually save your tires. Your rr is on the cushion and always in the softer dirt on the track. Plus when you run the cushion you don't need the best tire because you have the contact patch of the tire on the dirt plus what tire that drives you off the cushion. If your up on the cushion the last thing on your mind is tire preservation. Add in the factor of the cushion stopping your car from sliding up the track and getting that big drive off the corner and avoid jumping the cushion and your golden. Also not much wheel spin up there eitherObviously you know what you're talking about, but JD coming from the back to the front, he no doubt used his stuff up doing it.

Barbecueboy
08-10-2016, 06:08 PM
You beat me to it.......