PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Pursley Conquers Carolina Clash at Cherokee

Ben Shelton
08-08-2016, 10:48 AM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
August 8, 2016

Johnny Pursley Conquers Carolina Clash at Cherokee

Clover, South Carolina (08/08/16) – Johnny Pursley padded his advantage atop the Carolina Clash standings with a $4,000 victory on Saturday night in his Pursley Grading #09 Longhorn Chassis / Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model at Cherokee Speedway.

“Wow, what a bounce back this was for our team after the hard crash at Swainsboro a few weeks ago that destroyed our car,” said Pursley. “I’ve got to give so much credit to my family, my team, and my sponsors for helping me get back on track and right back to the front. This win is for them.”

Competing with the Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series, Johnny Pursley made the trip to Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, South Carolina) on Saturday night for the annual Stick Elliott Memorial. After timing in 2nd fastest in a field of 19 entries, Pursley earned the 2nd-starting spot for the feature alongside Brett Hamm. Charging to his first win of the season, Johnny outdueled Chris Ferguson, Brett Hamm, Anthony Sanders, and Josh Langley at the finish line, picking up the $4,000 payday.

Johnny continues to lead Carolina Clash points standings. Full results from the event are available at www.CarolinaClash.com .

A double shot of Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series action is on tap for Pursley this week. On Tuesday, August 9 he will chase a $3,000 top prize with the series at Carolina Speedway (Gastonia, North Carolina), while Saturday, August 13 will take him to Fayetteville Motor Speedway (Fayetteville, North Carolina). For more information on the events, please visit www.CarolinaClash.com .

Johnny Pursley would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Twin Oaks Racing, Bilstein, Eagle Manufacturing, Pursley Grading, White Horse Restaurant, JP Environmental, Money Saver Heating & Air, FK Rod Ends, Longhorn Chassis, Hoosier Racing Tire South, Phil’s Starters, Farmer’s Service Center, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Johnny Pursley Racing, please visit the official team website at www.JohnnyPursleyRacing.com .