PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Alberson Claims First-Career CCSDS Triumph

Ben Shelton
08-08-2016, 11:27 AM
For Immediate Release
August 8, 2016

Garrett Alberson Claims First-Career CCSDS Triumph

Shreveport, Louisiana (08/08/16) – Garrett Alberson held off race-long advances from Jack Sullivan to score his first-career victory with the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) on Friday evening in his Childress Fishing & Rental #F5 Black Diamond/ Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model. The triumph came at I-30 Speedway and was worth $2,000.

“This win means a lot because we have been so close in so many of these COMP Cams Series races, but just haven’t been able to get over the hump,” Alberson said with a big smile. “I’m so thankful for the opportunity that Mr. Raymond Childress gives me with this ride, and it makes me really happy to be able to give him this win.”

Competing with COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS), Garrett Alberson visited I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas) on Friday night for the Rockabilly 33. Drawing 30 cars for the two-day special event, Alberson posted a heat race victory, giving him the pole position for the feature. Leading from flag-to-flag, Garrett captured his first career CCSDS win, which came over Jack Sullivan, Hunter Rasdon, Wendell Wallace, and Ashley Newman. Alberson pocketed a $2,000 payday for his dominant performance in the 33-lap A-Main.

Saturday night’s $5,000-to-win event at the ¼-mile oval fell victim to rain.

Full results from this event can be found at www.COMPDirt.com .

The team will now take a one-week break as they turn their attention to the 24th annual COMP Cams Topless 100. The mega-event will be held at Batesville Motor Speedway (Locust Grove, Arkansas) on August 18-20. The $40,000-to-win affair is co-sanctioned by the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series and the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. For more information on the event, please visit www.BatesvilleMotorSpeedway.com .

Garrett Alberson would like to thank all of his sponsors including Childress Fishing & Rental, Childress Inspection Services, PRP Suspension, J&J Motorsports, Stuckey Enterprises, Black Diamond Racing, Durham Race Engines, X-treme Graphics by J-Rod, BSB Manufacturing, All Star Performance, Ohilins Shocks, CV Race Products, Deetz Racing, Batteries Plus Bulbs, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Rio Grande Foot Clinic, Argyle Welding Supply Co., Wehrs Machine, J. Craig's Tile Company, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Garrett Alberson please visit www.GarrettAlberson.com .