PDA

View Full Version : North/south 100. Tracks work against rain instead of with it. Just to make them 💵💵

Checkeredflag1015
08-13-2016, 10:56 AM
I'll never understand why tracks and sanctions don't work with the rain instead of against it. I know you can always plan on weather but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Look at the forecast for today in Florence and you will realize it's probably going to rain and rain a lot from the looks of it. Why wouldn't you try to do what ever you can to get these big races in. I mean even if it's moving start times or even running a 1 day show due to weather. The north south could be finished up In 2 hours. All that's left is a b-main and a non qualifiers even and feature. But NO lets just keep everyone around all day. Let it rain and we will move the race. And yes I understand there are ppl who have bought tickets who wouldn't be informed or be able to make it. 90% off the ppl attending are here at the track right now. Just don't understand. I know I'm making it sound easy and I'm sure it's not just wish there was an ANWSER to please everyone. Ok my rant for the day is over. Now time to get drunk and watch it rain. GO TEAM 5

#FALSuperman
08-13-2016, 12:34 PM
I'll never understand why tracks and sanctions don't work with the rain instead of against it. I know you can always plan on weather but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Look at the forecast for today in Florence and you will realize it's probably going to rain and rain a lot from the looks of it. Why wouldn't you try to do what ever you can to get these big races in. I mean even if it's moving start times or even running a 1 day show due to weather. The north south could be finished up In 2 hours. All that's left is a b-main and a non qualifiers even and feature. But NO lets just keep everyone around all day. Let it rain and we will move the race. And yes I understand there are ppl who have bought tickets who wouldn't be informed or be able to make it. 90% off the ppl attending are here at the track right now. Just don't understand. I know I'm making it sound easy and I'm sure it's not just wish there was an ANWSER to please everyone. Ok my rant for the day is over. Now time to get drunk and watch it rain. GO TEAM 5I think I need a drink now after reading all of that. :P

TDRacinŽ
08-13-2016, 12:55 PM
Are you serious?

NormP
08-13-2016, 01:11 PM
I guess I don't understand the complaint. The racing isn't scheduled to start till 6 or 7 tonight, right? So how is weather a factor at 11 in the morning?

Every time I've been at Florence when it rained, they did everything possible to run the race that night. It rained so hard at the North South a couple years ago I thought there was no way they would race. But the clouds broke, they brought out the pack trucks and raced, even though I had to put it in 4 wheel drive to get out of the back field afterwards.

intel8
08-13-2016, 01:12 PM
90% of the crowd is here? Lol.............

TS FAN
08-13-2016, 01:40 PM
??????? Really????

old fan
08-13-2016, 01:56 PM
what is the beef tomorrows forecast is worse

kazual
08-13-2016, 02:09 PM
Heck of an idea, start the race mid afternoon instead of regular time. I suggest you keep your regular job when you start a new career as a track promoter.

Checkeredflag1015
08-13-2016, 02:43 PM
(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) I see a man can have a opinion. Thought what this site is all about. All I ever do is get on here and hardly post. I listenen to crying on here daily. Ya and as far as when I become a promoter. If I was this n/s100 would be in the books. The comment about mid-afternoon start. Ya I would like to see that instead of a rain out. Ya guys I totally agree the wether man isn't always right but learn how to read a D@mn radar. They are calling for 4in of rain by tommorow night. Might as well call this one a loss. And as far as 90% of the people being here. I would say a solid 75% are. But any how just had a blast at the hall of fame auction and spent a ton of money all for a good cause. #team5

wfo2007
08-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Heck of an idea, start the race mid afternoon instead of regular time. I suggest you keep your regular job when you start a new career as a track promoter.

When they cancel later your opinion will be different. They should've started earlier to make sure they got it in before the rain started. And as a matter of fact the track kicked that around but decided against it so the track promoter did have that in their hip pocket too.

old fan
08-13-2016, 02:57 PM
bull chit no track would do that unless already planned

Centeroff
08-13-2016, 03:39 PM
I'm no meteorologist but I say they get it in

TS FAN
08-13-2016, 03:39 PM
Note to the thread starter. Race time is at 7:30PM not 2:00 PM. Check your ticket if you have one. NO promoter in their right mind would pull a stunt like that. What About the people that cannot attend a 2:00 Pm race and are holding tickets with plans to attend a 7:30 race. Not sure how anyone figures you just change times on events this big. A big LOL sorry, no offense

TS FAN
08-13-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm no meteorologist but I say they get it in

LOL, they will get it in if it takes till 5:00 in the morning. This is not a steady rain situation too boot.
Hope all have a good time

zyoung25
08-13-2016, 03:43 PM
There's a chance of rain on and off all day. Moving the time back or whatever wouldn't help things any at all.....it's a crap shoot either way you look at it.

The only way they were probably guaranteed to probably get it in, was to run it all last night. And no one in the stands, crews, track workers, no one wants to sit through all of that in one night.

You clearly have never been around the pit area to know not everyone just gets up, unloads a car, and is ready to race. On a 3 day deal like this.....that would be like seeing a sasquatch if that were to happen to any one team. You can't go moving the times around just because of the threat of rain, it wouldn't do anything but make teams mad if that were to happen very often.

wfo2007
08-13-2016, 03:49 PM
bull chit no track would do that unless already planned

Essex announced several times last night to watch Twitter and Facebook as they might make midifications to today's schedule and might move it up due to weather. Ask anyone who was there.

TS FAN
08-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Move it up means maybe an hour earlier at most. That is a big difference than moving an evening show to an afternoon show at a moment's notice.

Checkeredflag1015
08-13-2016, 03:59 PM
Your right my ticket says 8/13. That's today. It don't say 9/13 when they reschedule why risk it.

rickybrown1952
08-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Oh hang on it is florence it will happen

wfo2007
08-13-2016, 04:13 PM
Move it up means maybe an hour earlier at most. That is a big difference than moving an evening show to an afternoon show at a moment's notice.

Yes sir, not arguing that fact and never said anything about starting in the afternoon.

TS FAN
08-13-2016, 04:18 PM
OK, I see..

NormP
08-13-2016, 05:37 PM
Your right my ticket says 8/13. That's today. It don't say 9/13 when they reschedule why risk it.

I get the feeling you've never attended a big race before. Unless you've had steady rain for 6-8 hours I don't know any major event where you change race times or reschedule or cancel or whatever just because of a forecast of hit or miss showers. Especially 8-9 hours before race time. A lot can happen in that time frame.

Clayton_Wetter
08-13-2016, 05:39 PM
Just seen where the track got hit by rain a while ago, anyone know what's going on yet?

intel8
08-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Race is ON! We got rain, but we are good.

Clayton_Wetter
08-13-2016, 06:32 PM
It looks like there is a chance of getting most or all of the race in, if they hurry. Amazingly the rain keeps holding off.

intel8
08-13-2016, 06:36 PM
Track is Greasy, trying to roll it in now.

Clayton_Wetter
08-13-2016, 06:43 PM
Track is Greasy, trying to roll it in now.

They need to scratch up some dry from underneath the "GREASE" and it would roll in much quicker.

zyoung25
08-13-2016, 06:54 PM
They need to scratch up some dry from underneath the "GREASE" and it would roll in much quicker.

He did dig it up after the rain quit. I'm not real keen on my equipment, it was some sort of tiller.

MI Dirt Fan
08-13-2016, 07:07 PM
I think I need a drink now after reading all of that. :P

Make that a double.

zyoung25
08-13-2016, 07:44 PM
They're having the all cars on the grounds run the track in right now.

intel8
08-13-2016, 07:50 PM
All "B" main cars gotta roll the track in.

#FALSuperman
08-13-2016, 07:52 PM
Getting ready for B-main #1

whatsadirttrack
08-13-2016, 08:54 PM
Are they racing or raining??

intel8
08-13-2016, 09:08 PM
Racing, B mains done now.

TDRacinŽ
08-13-2016, 09:28 PM
How dumb do you feel now OP? Next time, think before you make a pst as dumb as this! Dumbest post on 4m this year!!

chupp n bloomer fan
08-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Granted this thread makes ya just shake your dam head, but wth?

You can adjust stuff by like an hour, or have no intermissions or introductions etc. You can't just move it up by hours. Drivers, fans, some seriously pi$$ed off people. Some of us also work Saturdays and can only get off in time to go to the race, not just a lot the whole day for it.

And Florence is a heck of a track that does all they can to get stuff in.

Checkeredflag1015
08-13-2016, 09:42 PM
Highly unlikely I've seen some of the s**t posted on here. How many races have you been to in your life that have rained out. Many for me and alit of them happen at race time imagine that. Not to mention I've only been to 1 race in my life that's paid money back to people who bought tickets and that was muskingum county speedway. Also I have been to many so called BIG races in my life also been to a WORLD100 that was moved up 3 hours to try to get the race in. UnFortunately they still didn't. My point behind all of this was to try to be in favor of the people who pay the bill"s not to start a 4m war to you guys who check it every 5 minutes to see if anyone comments. Great racing at n/s right now.

plunks7
08-13-2016, 09:51 PM
Highly unlikely I've seen some of the s**t posted on here. How many races have you been to in your life that have rained out. Many for me and alit of them happen at race time imagine that. Not to mention I've only been to 1 race in my life that's paid money back to people who bought tickets and that was muskingum county speedway. Also I have been to many so called BIG races in my life also been to a WORLD100 that was moved up 3 hours to try to get the race in. UnFortunately they still didn't. My point behind all of this was to try to be in favor of the people who pay the bill"s not to start a 4m war to you guys who check it every 5 minutes to see if anyone comments. Great racing at n/s right now.

Ah, Don't sweat the little stuff Checkeredflag1015. Just enjoy yourself and have fun!!!! If you keep drinking it will look like its raining in some spots. :)

chupp n bloomer fan
08-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Highly unlikely I've seen some of the s**t posted on here. How many races have you been to in your life that have rained out. Many for me and alit of them happen at race time imagine that. Not to mention I've only been to 1 race in my life that's paid money back to people who bought tickets and that was muskingum county speedway. Also I have been to many so called BIG races in my life also been to a WORLD100 that was moved up 3 hours to try to get the race in. UnFortunately they still didn't. My point behind all of this was to try to be in favor of the people who pay the bill"s not to start a 4m war to you guys who check it every 5 minutes to see if anyone comments. Great racing at n/s right now.Lol. 4m wars. You can spot them threads a mile away, once it gets over about three pages, stay away. Races rain out, until a dome or tarp is over it, it'll happen.

Atomic gave money back over the NDRL fiasco. What year did they move it up that far?

MI Dirt Fan
08-13-2016, 10:19 PM
Knowing there's a good potential for precip and the track still says its a go I either stay home or sit in the the car at the track for a few races and wait to see what happens.

TDRacinŽ
08-13-2016, 11:19 PM
Retard.....

intel8
08-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Pierce wins over Bloomer. Crowd goes nuts!

Checkeredflag1015
08-13-2016, 11:51 PM
#man can't have a opinion. Must be some one sitting at home waiting on updates. Go team 5

GEAR_HEAD
08-14-2016, 12:03 AM
The weather worked out PERFECTLY! So what's the gripe?

Checkeredflag1015
08-14-2016, 01:41 AM
No grips at all gear head. What a night of racing we just had. What a good time thanks Florence speedway for a wonderful week. 😄

denopolis23
08-14-2016, 02:10 AM
How hot was the chick selling the beer near the pits. She gets sexier every year. I'm in love and I don't even know her name!

old fan
08-14-2016, 08:15 AM
they all look sexy after many beers lol

chupp n bloomer fan
08-14-2016, 08:24 AM
#man can't have a opinion. Must be some one sitting at home waiting on updates. Go team 5Yes you can, point of the board. Doesn't mean we are sheep and going to say yes masta, I agree with you masta Sir.

Bubstr
08-14-2016, 11:14 AM
That's the beauty of 4m, You can have your opinion and sometimes the crow served with it, to your taste. It's all good. It's hard to get two people to agree and impossible to get three to agree.