PDA

View Full Version : Better N/S, '14 OR '16?

Jeep_55_Wormer
08-15-2016, 11:48 AM
Just wanted to hear some people's opinions on which was a better North/South 100 moment. 2014 with Eddie Carrier Jr or 2016 with Bobby Pierce?

IMO, 2014 was a better race all around. I remember Bloomquist, Owens and Blankenship put on a show that year, throughout the entire race. And then Carrier and Owens had a awesome battle over the last 10 laps before #20 had a flat. Stands went nuts for Carrier, as they did this year for Pierce

GEAR_HEAD
08-15-2016, 12:41 PM
There's no wrong answer here. I would have to give this year's a slight edge only because the track was perfect and it seemed like there was more 3 and 4 wide this year throughout the pack than I remember in 2014. There was a heck of a battle for 2nd for a long time in this year's edition early on in the race.

dirtyboy
08-15-2016, 07:19 PM
1993 was the best

Finnfan
08-16-2016, 12:10 PM
One common thread between those two races was Bloomquist's interview after the race. If you remember in '14 he had some disparaging remarks about Mike Marlar "driving over his head like he usually does" over the PA, and the crowed booed heartily. It was Pierce that got the "disrespectful" remarks this year to another loud chorus of boos.

Not trying to get another thread going on Bloomer, I just remember going home and watching the video and it didn't seem like Marlar did anything wrong, and Mike Marlar is surely one of the cleanest drivers there is in a super late model.

rickybrown1952
08-17-2016, 09:10 PM
Oh it has to be 16 for sure almost perfect track simply great racing especially with peirce coming from way back to win consider the amazing talented drivers he passed a lot of the best in dirt LM racing and the way he did it what a great show fantastic Race