PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Strand Wreaks Havoc with Two More Wins

Ben Shelton
08-16-2016, 11:05 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 16, 2016

Dustin Strand Wreaks Havoc with Two More Wins

Grand Forks, North Dakota (08/16/16) – As the season enters its home stretch Dustin Strand continues to turn up the heat with his on-track performances. Last week he registered two more victories in his RealTruck.com #71 Forks Mobile Wash/ Millenium Chassis Late Model. He now has 13 victories this season.

On Monday night Dustin Strand made the trip to Red River Co-op Speedway (Winnipeg, Manitoba), competing in a field of 12 cars. Reeling in a 2nd-place finish from the 4th-starting spot in his heat, Strand earned the 3rd-starting position for the feature. Scoring his 12th victory of the season, Dustin outdueled Brad Seng, Mike Balcean, Shane Edginton, and Mike Martin in the main event.

Kicking off the busy three-day weekend, Dustin invaded River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) on Friday night. Battling against a field of 18 Super Late Models, Strand scored a heat race win, which gave him the 9th-starting position for the feature. Breaking into a podium spot, Dustin improved seven positions in the final to notch a runner-up finish behind Mike Balcaen with Joey Pederson, Ryan Corbett, and Steffen Snare rounding out the Top 5.

The following night brought 17 cars to Jamestown Speedway (Jamestown, North Dakota) for the Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) sanctioned event. Capturing another heat race win from the 5th-starting position, Strand earned the 3rd-starting spot for the feature. After getting caught in a tangle-up on the first lap, Dustin was sent to the tail of the field. Working his way up ten positions, bad luck struck again when Strand suffered a broken driveshaft, which forced him to retire from the feature.

Ending the three-day weekend with the NLRA series, Dustin was one of 24 competitors signed in at Buffalo River Race Park (Glyndon, Minnesota) on Sunday night for the $1,100-to-win A-Main. Capturing another heat race win, Strand transferred into the main event with the pole-position. Holding off a hard-charging Donny Schatz, Dustin Strand picked up his 13th win of the season and a $1,100 payday. Schatz, Brad Seng, Mike Balcaen, and Cole Schill rounded out the Top 5 in the 25-lap A-Main.

Dustin wasn’t the only member of the Strand family, who visited victory lane over the weekend. On Saturday night his dad, Brian Strand found victory lane in the Open Wheel Modified division at Greenbush Race Park (Greenbush, Minnesota) in the $2,000-to-win, Bakers Cup.

“Despite getting some wins we also had a couple of speed bumps over the weekend, but there is no quit in my team,” said Strand. “I also have to give a huge shout-out to my dad for winning at Greenbush. That guy is pretty awesome, and I’m really proud for him.”

For full results from these events, please visit www.RedRiverCoopSpeedway.ca, www.RiverCitiesSpeedway.com and www.NLRA.org .

Dustin will look to extend his win tally this coming weekend, August 18-20, when he enters a trio of events. Thursday evening will take the team to I-94 Speedway (Fergus Falls, Minnesota) to compete in the King of the Dirt event, which will pay $3,000-to-win for the OneMain Financial Challenge Late Model Series. Friday night will find Strand returning to River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) for a Weekly Racing Series Event in the Late Model division. On Saturday evening Strand will compete at Devil’s Lake Speedway (Lakota, North Dakota) in a Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) event. For more information on the events please visit www.i94speedways.com , www.RiverCitiesSpeedway.com and www.NLRA.org .

Dustin Strand would like to thank all of his sponsors including RealTruck.com, Q&Z Plumbing & Heating, Forks Mobile Wash, Schill Construction, Anderson Brothers Body Shop, McCaughen Builders, Generations Salon & Spa, Bemidji Welders Supply, RH Rebel Storage, Ben Adams Racing Engines, Forest Flying Service, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Dustin Strand, please visit his official internet home at www.StrandRacing.com .