PDA

View Full Version : Camping at Knoxville

eskew11
08-16-2016, 11:17 AM
We stayed at the one with the big sprint car on the pole last year. But we're thinking of trying the one next to it this year. Does anyone know if they have full hookup, water, electricity and sewer or how I can find out?

vande07
08-16-2016, 11:36 AM
www.knoxvilleraceway.com the other campground to the North belongs to the Raceway. Not sure about water or sewer, do know they offer many sites with electricity (most I think). On site shower house and bathrooms.

ptown
08-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Vande, what's the situation with golf carts nowadays, are you allowed to use them to go to and from the track, even at night? I know a few years ago the police were stopping people, I think it was on the way back after the races.

Bubstr
08-16-2016, 12:01 PM
The North Campgrounds does have water electric and a dump station by the showers. Call the track for reservations.

vande07
08-16-2016, 12:06 PM
ptown - state law says they can't be operated after dark, so they ticket those that do (state troopers are real sticklers).

Bang D. Cushion -- If you are on a cart with an open container or drunk, you can get an open container or DUI (it's a motor vehicle per the DOT) -- You can't operate them on the grass or sidewalk or down highway 14 (you can cross the highway though) and must have a slow moving vehicle sign, a moped flag and proof of insurance (state law). To be quite honest, the golf carts are more of a hindrance than an help IMO -- track provides shuttles from the campground to the track daily.

Crowd seemed up at the Sprint Nationals last week, yet the number of golf carts seemed way down from the year prior (you can't drive them right up to the gate anyway and you must get a sticker/permission from the track to have them on the Fairgrounds) as most used the shuttles instead.

Mules and UTV's are now allowed as well, but in addition to the Golf Cart rules you must have them inspected at City Hall and issued a city license ($25 I think).

it"s a dirt thing
08-16-2016, 07:13 PM
eskew11

eskew they have all that and dump station by showers

speedemon3b
08-17-2016, 12:13 AM
Just returned from a week in Knoxville (I know not everybody is a fan of both lm and sprints) and Ill say this the A main on Saturday night was one of the best races I recall seeing in my life. Kendra Jacobs has done a great job with evolving the Knoxville Nationals so I am really looking forward to what she does with the late models. There was a new restaurant in town that we tried and thought was pretty good downtown called Red Rock Grill and Still.

Palos Pete
08-18-2016, 07:18 PM
I was there for 3 nights last weekend, my first time in Knoxville and can't say enough. Great racing, camped two blocks east of the track, met some great fans and even made it to the Dingus. Hopefully be there for the late models.