PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss it?

W2Racing09
08-19-2016, 07:24 AM
Did I miss the post with everyone bashing Davenport for wrecking Bloomquist and then completely running over a lapped car? I know if Josh Richards did that the entire first page of 4m would be posts about it.

In reality it looks like Bloomquist was turning down on him coming out of four, and Hines deserved everything he got and more... he was in Bloomquists way for many laps while the move over flag was being shown and he wasn't racing anybody. I guess Davenport didn't want to have the same thing happen to him, especially not with the 20 car on the outside of him.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Barbecueboy
08-19-2016, 07:40 AM
Your missing it because I think It's just a snapshot of how people feel about Richards versus how they feel about Davenport......just a guess.

And I've been told it's a hold your line flag fwiw.

MotoMatt
08-19-2016, 07:44 AM
I agree BBQ , it's not a move over or get out of the way flag, it's hold your line and be predictable, it's the faster cars job to get around you. Now if you are in his line and you don't move a bit eventually the chrome horn is bound to come out...

W2Racing09
08-19-2016, 07:48 AM
Your missing it because I think It's just a snapshot of how people feel about Richards versus how they feel about Davenport......just a guess.

And I've been told it's a hold your line flag fwiw.

So because some people like Davenport more they look past what he does on track and then turn around and criticize another driver for the same thing? Just to be clear I think what Davenport did was perfectly fine, he is aggressive and makes the racing exciting -- just like Richards. I think he got into the back of Bloomquist a bit going into three and Bloomquist got loose and then tried to turn down into him and take him out as a result but ended up spinning.

As far as Hines, he wasn't holding his line very well either. Scott couldn't get around him for a bunch of laps at one point. Davenport didn't wait to find out if he was going to hold his line, I'm sure Owens coming up the outside like that expedited the decision though.

Thanks,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
08-19-2016, 07:52 AM
I agree BBQ , it's not a move over or get out of the way flag, it's hold your line and be predictable, it's the faster cars job to get around you. Now if you are in his line and you don't move a bit eventually the chrome horn is bound to come out...

Hines was not holding his line with Scott at least, I just re watched the video on DoD. He was loose, and came out of the corner low at one point and then drove up the track right in front of Bloomquist. I think by hold your line it means pick the high side or the low side, not drive whatever line makes you happy (in Hines case it was taking up every possible inch of the track that he could with just one car).

Thanks,
Jeff.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Hines was not holding his line with Scott at least, I just re watched the video on DoD. He was loose, and came out of the corner low at one point and then drove up the track right in front of Bloomquist. I think by hold your line it means pick the high side or the low side, not drive whatever line makes you happy (in Hines case it was taking up every possible inch of the track that he could with just one car).

Thanks,
Jeff.

Hines normal line was enter low, push across center, exit high. He was pretty consistent at that most laps. Not an easy car to pass that way, but then again, you don't want him to abruptly do something different either. If he was leading, no one would care about that line.

waaac77
08-19-2016, 08:33 AM
So because some people like Davenport more they look past what he does on track and then turn around and criticize another driver for the same thing? Just to be clear I think what Davenport did was perfectly fine, he is aggressive and makes the racing exciting -- just like Richards. I think he got into the back of Bloomquist a bit going into three and Bloomquist got loose and then tried to turn down into him and take him out as a result but ended up spinning.

As far as Hines, he wasn't holding his line very well either. Scott couldn't get around him for a bunch of laps at one point. Davenport didn't wait to find out if he was going to hold his line, I'm sure Owens coming up the outside like that expedited the decision though.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I agree, I think everything JD did was just fine, it's racing. Him and Owens were side by side for the lead so I don't blame JD one bit.

The reason people rip Josh Richards is because they're jealous of him, that is obvious. Even though JD has been cleaning up the past year or so he still hasn't won enough for people to hate him yet. Just wait a few years, if he keeps winning the haters will come out.

BTExpress
08-19-2016, 09:34 AM
Hmmmm.... Richards, Pierce, Bloomquist & Davenport. Where would this board be if it wasn't for those four drivers?? It is apparent to me that there is NO middle ground when it comes to those four. You are either on one side of the fence or the other.....just sayin'.

zach51
08-19-2016, 10:38 AM
Whether you love some and hate some, I think we'd all agree that when we pull into the racetrack, we'd rather them all be there than not!

Nasty55
08-19-2016, 11:19 AM
Whether you love some and hate some, I think we'd all agree that when we pull into the racetrack, we'd rather them all be there than not!

Yeah but in Jeff's Case he has drank to much of josh's Juice so he is pretty blind to other driver's.... Just sayin...

TS FAN
08-19-2016, 11:24 AM
I thought it was a good race. Tight track, tough racing.

Barbecueboy
08-19-2016, 11:48 AM

Thanks,
Jeff.

On your first sentence.......yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

And I agree,the worse part about the whole thing was when Scott turned hard left trying to wreck him and wrecked himself..........guess he should have checked himself before he wrecked himself.

Barbecueboy
08-19-2016, 11:52 AM
I agree, I think everything JD did was just fine, it's racing. Him and Owens were side by side for the lead so I don't blame JD one bit.

The reason people rip Josh Richards is because they're jealous of him, that is obvious. Even though JD has been cleaning up the past year or so he still hasn't won enough for people to hate him yet. Just wait a few years, if he keeps winning the haters will come out.
The haters haven't come out for JD?????? Are you freakin kidding me???

And fwiw.......Josh gets hated on more because who is family is more than what he does on the track........not saying he doesn't rough em up , but his skillz now are leaps and bounds better than when he earned the name kid wreckit.

President Clinton
08-19-2016, 12:16 PM
The haters haven't come out for JD?????? Are you freakin kidding me???

And fwiw.......Josh gets hated on more because who is family is more than what he does on the track........not saying he doesn't rough em up , but his skillz now are leaps and bounds better than when he earned the name kid wreckit.

Say thank you "Casey"

nuff said
08-19-2016, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw the 0 car put a door on the 20 car trying to pass him,but that's different I guess. And Owens didn't turn left and gas it.

vande07
08-19-2016, 12:41 PM
IMO the blue flag with yellow line should just be put in the dumpster. It's the leader's job to find a way to get around lapped traffic (someone actually seeing the flag displayed to them is laughable in today's world. Most only watch the track, the lights and listen to the Raceiver in their ears). If someone does see it, they think they are in the fast groove (usually not the case or they'd be faster) and they end up getting in the way of someone as opposed to getting out of the way.

onlyfacts
08-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Did I miss the post with everyone bashing Davenport for wrecking Bloomquist and then completely running over a lapped car? I know if Josh Richards did that the entire first page of 4m would be posts about it.In reality it looks like Bloomquist was turning down on him coming out of four, and Hines deserved everything he got and more... he was in Bloomquists way for many laps while the move over flag was being shown and he wasn't racing anybody. I guess Davenport didn't want to have the same thing happen to him, especially not with the 20 car on the outside of him.Thanks,Jeff.Different standards for drivers that their dads own a chassis company... Look at both Bobby Pierce and Josh Richards they are analyzed way closer than others that are not in the same situation... Take someone like Landers or Clanton they have wrecked plenty of cars and it's isn't hardly talked about. But if Bobby or Josh barely bumps someone it is a big deal. Bobby and Josh are two of the best drivers that are racing today and they both will go down as two of the best ever. Bob or Mark could not hire anyone better than they have. I think it is awesome what these two guys are doing. Guys like Bloomquist and Moyer have more wins behind them than in front of them... But they have been the two best in the business... The other two are just getting started... Be interesting to see how Bloomquist and Moyers stats at 19 and 28 years old compare to Bobby and Josh.

a25rjr
08-19-2016, 12:54 PM
Just another terrible slider from "Wreck-your-parts" Davenport! Does that type of driving come from osmosis....you know....being around Lanigan and Oneal, too much?

nuff said
08-19-2016, 12:56 PM
It wasn't a terrible slider.It was a $12,000.00 slider.

Barbecueboy
08-19-2016, 01:24 PM
The terrible part came when bloomer tried to wreck him ........and wrecked himself.

Would have loved to have seen them two go at it for the rest of the race after the JD rub.........

NormP
08-19-2016, 04:00 PM
It was a harder slam than Pierces, for a lot less money. But no one is whining about it as much as they did when Pierce did it for one of the biggest races of the year.

Rollover
08-19-2016, 05:04 PM
I love it how people slammed Oneal for years for rough driving and Davenport is a mirror image of how Oneal used to drive yet most cannot get off of Davenports nuts

t3r3e3
08-19-2016, 05:56 PM
Different standards for drivers that their dads own a chassis company... Look at both Bobby Pierce and Josh Richards they are analyzed way closer than others that are not in the same situation... Take someone like Landers or Clanton they have wrecked plenty of cars and it's isn't hardly talked about. But if Bobby or Josh barely bumps someone it is a big deal. Bobby and Josh are two of the best drivers that are racing today and they both will go down as two of the best ever. Bob or Mark could not hire anyone better than they have. I think it is awesome what these two guys are doing. Guys like Bloomquist and Moyer have more wins behind them than in front of them... But they have been the two best in the business... The other two are just getting started... Be interesting to see how Bloomquist and Moyers stats at 19 and 28 years old compare to Bobby and Josh.

The last sentence isn't a valid comparison. Daddy didn't groom Scott and Billy, nor put them in top notch stuff when they weren't old enough to drive on the road. Josh and Bobby were on the accelerated program, and tutored by top notch folks to boot. Nothing wrong with that, but it makes the 19 and 28 comparison invalid. Situations were far different.

MUD MAESTRO
08-19-2016, 06:04 PM
You know when your getting older.....The kids push you around.

Highside Hustler25
08-19-2016, 06:13 PM
The last sentence isn't a valid comparison. Daddy didn't groom Scott and Billy, nor put them in top notch stuff when they weren't old enough to drive on the road. Josh and Bobby were on the accelerated program, and tutored by top notch folks to boot. Nothing wrong with that, but it makes the 19 and 28 comparison invalid. Situations were far different.

Which is why (as long as they stay on dirt) Josh and Bobby will probably break every record Scott and Billy ever set. Billy's collection of Globes might be the toughest feat.

t3r3e3
08-19-2016, 06:19 PM
After watching the video..... Looked like Davenport squeezed Bloomer to the edge of the cushion coming off 4. After the moved him in the middle of 3 and 4. Track was kind of rough, and Davenport pushed the issue. Wasn't clean, and will likely end up repaid.

As for Hines, Davenport entered the corner about 3-4 car lengths behind Hines. He saw Owens had a run, didn't lift, and basically hammered Hines. That was far dirtier than the 0 contact. My guess is that Davenport gets some payback when he's in his own stuff, and not in Randy's.

t3r3e3
08-19-2016, 06:26 PM
Which is why (as long as they stay on dirt) Josh and Bobby will probably break every record Scott and Billy ever set. Billy's collection of Globes might be the toughest feat.

Might happen. My bet is that Pierce dabbles more in asphalt, at least while he's young and marketable to the NA$CAR sponsors. If Richards never runs Lucas (the tougher top to bottom competition), he'll easily set all the WoO records. The only legitimate threat for a series title besides Richards is Clanton. Given the championship payout, Mark's clout with the series, and the weaker competition for the title, the 1 car would be stupid to leave. Things will get tougher on the WoO if any of the marquee names on Lucas jump ship, or if Lanigan quits running Bowyers crap, splits Lucas, and goes back to WoO.

dirtdobber45
08-19-2016, 06:26 PM
JD is a dirty driver just like lil Bobby. Gota wreck em to beatem

dirtdobber45
08-19-2016, 06:28 PM
Josh and lil Bobby cant hold a candle to Scott and Billy

dirtdobber45
08-19-2016, 06:29 PM
But I have to say Hines got what he deserves

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-19-2016, 06:29 PM
JD is a dirty driver just like lil Bobby. Gota wreck em to beatem

You have been droped on ur head when u were a baby.
Your a dam sore loser

dirtdobber45
08-19-2016, 06:47 PM
You have been droped on ur head when u were a baby.Your a dam sore loserNever dropped bumped it a few times. And no Im not a sore loser just stating facts

dirtdobber45
08-19-2016, 06:49 PM
Everybody on this thread wanted to hear from a hater so here you go...lol

chupp n bloomer fan
08-20-2016, 07:59 AM
Never woulda seen this had you not brought it up.

Called it right Jeff. If that was Josh or Bloomer, this place woulda blown up. The first deal with Bloomer, I don't really know. Bloomer trying to protect and JD was there, dunno. This one, you wreck Hines, and Owens has to mash the brakes. But, judging by how we deemed it ok at the NS, making someone mat the brakes and not get trashed is cool, good racing.

I've seen more than one track put the leader to the tail for this sh!t, and that was as blatant as it gets. It's the only reason JD caught Bloomer in the first place, Hines. Who was all over the dam track. In his defense, track was narrow an heavy, not the usual Volunteer.

Hypocrisy Jeff, and depends who it is. The American way and the 4m way.

old fan
08-20-2016, 09:25 AM
I love it how people slammed Oneal for years for rough driving and Davenport is a mirror image of how Oneal used to drive yet most cannot get off of Davenports nutsnot even close

old fan
08-20-2016, 09:27 AM
But I have to say Hines got what he deserves you like it if he stayed home then

dirtdobber45
08-20-2016, 10:45 AM
you like it if he stayed home thenYep..Id say Hines wished he would have too lol

old fan
08-20-2016, 10:54 AM
great what they have about 5 cars on the track man that would be a fun feature wouldn't it beside hines was running for points others were not

dirtdobber45
08-20-2016, 11:17 AM
There was more than 5 there and when you are shown the 'move over-hold line' flag you should know that the leader(s) are close stay out of the way...it aint rocket science...duh

a25rjr
08-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Never woulda seen this had you not brought it up.

Called it right Jeff. If that was Josh or Bloomer, this place woulda blown up. The first deal with Bloomer, I don't really know. Bloomer trying to protect and JD was there, dunno. This one, you wreck Hines, and Owens has to mash the brakes. But, judging by how we deemed it ok at the NS, making someone mat the brakes and not get trashed is cool, good racing.

I've seen more than one track put the leader to the tail for this sh!t, and that was as blatant as it gets. It's the only reason JD caught Bloomer in the first place, Hines. Who was all over the dam track. In his defense, track was narrow an heavy, not the usual Volunteer.

Hypocrisy Jeff, and depends who it is. The American way and the 4m way.

Yup! ^^^^^

Rollover
08-20-2016, 01:07 PM
not even close

take your superman googles off

zyoung25
08-20-2016, 03:53 PM
take your superman googles off

JD hasn't rolled multiple cars in one night. He's nowhere near the level of O'neal.

oldfart50
08-20-2016, 04:06 PM
Has Josh ever run over and killed someone and fled the scene of the crime??? Just wondering...
The haters haven't come out for JD?????? Are you freakin kidding me??? And fwiw.......Josh gets hated on more because who is family is more than what he does on the track........not saying he doesn't rough em up , but his skillz now are leaps and bounds better than when he earned the name kid wreckit.

cratedaddyD21
08-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Hines didn't deserve to be ran over, he was points racing...and running pretty well for the only guy there with a pick -up and trailer.

President Clinton
08-23-2016, 10:42 AM
Has Josh ever run over and killed someone and fled the scene of the crime??? Just wondering...

Kinda low blow there???

dirtdobber45
08-23-2016, 11:13 AM
Hines didn't deserve to be ran over, he was points racing...and running pretty well for the only guy there with a pick -up and trailer.Maybe he didnt but he knew the leaders were close why not get out of the way? Resume your line after they pass

Barbecueboy
08-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Kinda low blow there???

Low and blow on an old fart 50 post........and you're surprised?

I would say it fits nicely......